GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Wow. Do people not even read the original post? These questions are redundant.[/QUOTE]

Of course not. It's easier to ask a question that's been asked 7,000 times and get the answer spoon-fed to you rather than look it up yourself and not look silly afterward.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Wow. Do people not even read the original post? These questions are redundant.[/QUOTE]

If I had $1 for every time somebody has asked if EDGE applies to console trade-ins... I'd have a $100 (didn't want to be cliche with the millionaire line)

:bouncy:

But seriously, the reason people maintain the first post is so these questions aren't asked. Reading is fundamental people.

[quote name='Survivalism']Of course not. It's easier to ask a question that's been asked 7,000 times and get the answer spoon-fed to you rather than look it up yourself and not look silly afterward.[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt it be cool if the top post on every page of the thread would be some kind of quick recap sticky post of all the important info and rules of the deal that the thread is about. It might help in cutting down on the repeat questions that get asked again and again.

[quote name='ajh2298']Wouldnt it be cool if the top post on every page of the thread would be some kind of quick recap sticky post of all the important info and rules of the deal that the thread is about. It might help in cutting down on the repeat questions that get asked again and again.[/QUOTE]
That is a good idea. I think the problem is that most threads' first pages are NOT updated very frequently. So some newer people might not even check this thred's first page. They dont know that it is the most up to date thread on CAG.

[quote name='ajh2298']Wouldnt it be cool if the top post on every page of the thread would be some kind of quick recap sticky post of all the important info and rules of the deal that the thread is about. It might help in cutting down on the repeat questions that get asked again and again.[/QUOTE]
I had actually thought about doing something like that at one point but I realized two things. Everyone doesn't use the same page breakings, though I bet most users do use the default. The other is that if that started happening you would have the reverse effect, people complaining about a useless repost of information that is already on the first page. It's pretty much a no win scenario. I'll answer the questions and do my best to bite back my snarkiness.

[quote name='Survivalism']Of course not. It's easier to ask a question that's been asked 7,000 times and get the answer spoon-fed to you rather than look it up yourself and not look silly afterward.[/QUOTE]

People should just not answer them, or give them the wrong information.

[quote name='confoosious']If people would just stop answering dumb questions, the dummies asking the questions might just go away. or... read the OP.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']People should just not answer them, or give them the wrong information.[/QUOTE]
The only problem with not answering is then they will quote their old post and do a bump or "Please help me!:bomb:" or "I need a serious answers jerks!" post. It's just easier to answer and move on. Don't want this thread to be a place where people get flamed a lot. I just don't let it bother me. After....I think two years....of running this thread it really doesn't phase me. When I do feel the need to point out that the information is in the second post I mention that or I quote the FAQ post and remove everything but the answer they are looking for. I need to look back at the first thread I did of this so I know how long I've been doing it.

Well they run this promos in 3 week intervals and normally the tiered trade tends to run at least 2 full runs. This one is set for a 4 week run so maybe they are changing the schedule or they are pushing it a bit. I wouldn't expect any major promos or anything like a "Trade 2 get $40 Reach" promo. It's a Halo game so they know it'll sell a lot.

Updated lists and database.

If work dies down here and people actually quit calling in sick, the bastards, I might actually be able to devote some time to finishing the conversion to the new listing style, at least on the 360/Wii/PS3.

They came out with a new reward program called power up. They will upgrade edge users to it.

its the same as edge they just added a point reward thing. But its a total joke. 10k points or around 500-1000 dollars you have to trade-in stuff and buy stuff. Just to get 10 bucks off a gamestop order.

[quote name='James161324']They came out with a new reward program called power up. They will upgrade edge users to it.

its the same as edge they just added a point reward thing. But its a total joke. 10k points or around 500-1000 dollars you have to trade-in stuff and buy stuff. Just to get 10 bucks off a gamestop order.[/QUOTE]

I think many CAGs in this topic flip around $1000 worth in 6 months so if we can get something free out of it, cool with me :cool:

yeah, for some reason i get points really fast too. just cashed in 12,000 points today for $10 off used and $5 off used coupons. and i just did $10 off coupon last month too.
i cant wait til they make it national tho, cuz you dont get 10% off online orders once your 'edge' subscription runs out, cuz powerup isnt national/online yet... then i will make even more points for my online purchases ;) all my orders on gamestop.com are banned cuz i went over $1000 in 4 months but that would have been sweet to earn points on all that too...

About 30 minutes ago.

XBOX360: Assassin's Creed - $2.50
XBOX360: 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany - $0.50
XBOX360: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa - $18.00
Wii: New Super Mario Bros. - $24.00
PS2: MLB10 the Show - $6.25

[quote name='velo214']yeah, for some reason i get points really fast too. Just cashed in 12,000 points today for $10 off used and $5 off used coupons. And i just did $10 off coupon last month too.
I cant wait til they make it national tho, cuz you dont get 10% off online orders once your 'edge' subscription runs out, cuz powerup isnt national/online yet... Then i will make even more points for my online purchases ;) all my orders on gamestop.com are banned cuz i went over $1000 in 4 months but that would have been sweet to earn points on all that too...[/quote]

damn!

:ps3:
Tom Clancy's End War: $2.50
Madden 10: $2.00
Red Dead Redemption : $24.00
Rainbow Six Vegas 2: $7.00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma: $3.00
Lego Batman: $6.00
Oblivion GOTY: $9.00

:ps2:
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows: $2.75

:wii:
House of Dead Overkill: $5.00
Samba De Amigo: $1.00

Want to share my madden experience...

Used the $40 dollar promo on games that would only net me about $18 if i traded them in. Then traded in another the day of release for an extra 25 percent and got madden. Played the game for about 6 hours at a friends place and realized that this game was just a prettier version of madden 10. Def not worth 60, so i go back to return the game.

The store is packed and the manager is puzzled that i would want to return the game. I tell him the reason, and he checks the game out and he wrongly assumes i tested it out on my copy. Tells me I cant return opened merchandise. I tell him I did not open it and he says that the packing is usually tighter when they receive it. I proceed to tell him that Gamestop guts copies of new games and that he should know that since he's manager. At this point, the whole store is staring at him and he refunds me everything but still adament that i opened the game. Idiot actually ripped open the packaging to check disc condition which further proved my point.

gamestop reached a new level of low in my book and did something to me that pretty ballsy...

I traded in a disc only copy of Pure for the 360 today.. The disc was flawless and later looking at my receipt I noticed they hit it with a refurb fee of $0.75.. Granted thats under a buck but they fact is they penalize me for trading in a disc only title yet they are happy to sell them?

The best part is this is actually in a way stealing from the customer seeing they charge refurb fees and never actually have them refurbished... they just toss em in the used drawer waiting to be sold...

Has anyone else noticed refurb fees on disc only titles?

This was not the normal Gamestop I go to but one I had to go to find a game I wanted used... the best part of it all I was watching the guy next to him gutting new release titles....

It's not a super common item, but it is fairly well documented in these threads that there are gamestops that do it.

[quote name='JP']It's not a super common item, but it is fairly well documented in these threads that there are gamestops that do it.[/QUOTE]

I dont see how thats fair but they get away with enough shit already so why not add to the list.

[quote name='JP']It's not a super common item, but it is fairly well documented in these threads that there are gamestops that do it.[/QUOTE]

Someone on here said that whenever a refurb sticker is printed out then it's required to be sent aware to the main warehouse. In the case of them charging a refurb fee due to it not including a case, do they still send it out or do they just sell it in the store? Is this a way for one store not to be crammed with disc only games?

[quote name='Derrick1979']gamestop reached a new level of low in my book and did something to me that pretty ballsy...

I traded in a disc only copy of Pure for the 360 today.. The disc was flawless and later looking at my receipt I noticed they hit it with a refurb fee of $0.75.. Granted thats under a buck but they fact is they penalize me for trading in a disc only title yet they are happy to sell them?

The best part is this is actually in a way stealing from the customer seeing they charge refurb fees and never actually have them refurbished... they just toss em in the used drawer waiting to be sold...

Has anyone else noticed refurb fees on disc only titles?

This was not the normal Gamestop I go to but one I had to go to find a game I wanted used... the best part of it all I was watching the guy next to him gutting new release titles....[/QUOTE]
That's why I always ask if I'm being charged a refurb fee before I ever agree to trade anything and I know which ones to avoid.

I proved the one time that the one GS around here that's infamous for charging refurbs on EVERYTHING traded in never really sends out said games to be refurbed by marking a game I traded in on both the disc and case. Then I went back the next day and went to buy the same copy back and there was the marked disc/case out for sale, yet I was charged $1-2 in fees.:roll:

It's just another way GS ass rapes people who don't pay attention to their transactions. If I notice a fee was charged or they tell me they 'had to', I grab my shit and go to another GS store. It's not like you can't just go to the former EB Games or Funcoland down the road that's now a GS store, right?

Does anyone here know if they take Xbox 360 Data transfer cables and Turtle Beach [SIZE=-1]Wireless Headset X31? I have no use for either.

[/SIZE]

[quote name='gorebago']Does anyone here know if they take Xbox 360 Data transfer cables and Turtle Beach [SIZE=-1]Wireless Headset X31? I have no use for either. [/SIZE]

[/QUOTE]
The headset they should, but is the data transfer cable a USB cable? I'm not sure about that one.

Although the headset you might be better off offering up here on CAG, since they may just list it as a generic 360 headset and give you next to nothing for it.

Here's the TIV's for both a wires and wireless headset for :360::

Wired Headset - $5 (8/9/10)
Wireless Headset - $9.50 (7/10/10)

[quote name='gorebago']Does anyone here know if they take Xbox 360 Data transfer cables and Turtle Beach [SIZE=-1]Wireless Headset X31? I have no use for either.

[/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure they do. they take anything they can make money on

That's a terrible trade-in price considering it set me back $100 a couple months ago. They're fine I just upgraded to Tritton in case anyone wants them.

The transfer kit was for my new harddrive.

[quote name='JP']Updated lists and database.

Random sidenote, I think I spend way too much time on this site.[/QUOTE]
You should've seen me fiending the other night when CAG was down for 10 hours or so.:lol: I spend wayyyyy too much time here and way too much money thanks to all of the deals I find here.

But I would've spent A LOT more if I had never found this site.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You should've seen me fiending the other night when CAG was down for 10 hours or so.:lol:[/QUOTE]
After about 45 minutes of it being down I gave up and just went to bed. I kept refreshing like, where is it damn it?!

Hmm. I'm debating trading in my PSP 2000 to save up credit for a 3DS next year. I know that GameStop had a promo around the DSi's launch where they gave a slight boost to credit for old DS phats and lites, but does anyone remember if that applied to PSPs too? I don't know if I should wait for the possibility for any kind of TIV boost, or if I should just ditch my PSP before the value drops even further.

[quote name='lude21']This is before i cleaned my PS3...YUK. I also took those 3 screws of fan and sucked all that dust out from around the fan edges (cooling fins). It was totally plugged up. You can kinda see it in the pic.

Do yourself a favor and clean it out..it's easy.[/QUOTE]

A bit late... but I did take it apart and clean everything out. Didn't do anything, thing still overheats if I don't blow a fan at it. I'm guessing the fan is dead, or the thermal paste for the heatsink needs to be reapplied. Either way, I'm kinda screwed :/

It might just be the fan though, the system doesn't actually run that loud anymore.

Please please please let Crackdown 2's value hold at $25 until I can trade it in tonight. I beat it yesterday and hated it so I want to get Alan Wake. With the extra 10% I should net about $30 for it, making a used copy of AW only $3 bucks or so.

If it has dropped, I'll walk out of the store with it and trade it on Goozex.

[quote name='gorebago']Does anyone here know if they take Xbox 360 Data transfer cables and Turtle Beach [SIZE=-1]Wireless Headset X31? I have no use for either.

[/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]

I think you're way better off selling that turtle beach to someone else other than gamestop. I just bought one for $75 on Amazon for my brother, and that was the cheapest I had seen it anywhere. I'm sure you'd have no problem selling it for at least $40-$50 anywhere on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back