GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
All of these games were traded in today, 6/19/10. I ended up getting $178.25 credit, thanks to the trade 3 get $10 promo, the $25 for hardware promo, and my edge card (which I was talked into getting today). I ended up walking away with an xbox 360 spring arcade bundle and a 12 month subscription to Game Informer, lol.

:ds:
Metroid Prime Hunters - $5.00
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - $9.25
Pokemon Pearl - $5.25
Tony Hawk's American Sk8Land - $6.63
Flash Focus - $1.50
Mario Kart - $17.00
Animal Crossing: Wild World - $7.00
Sonic Rush - $4.00
Elite Beat Agents - $1.25
DS System - $25.00

:360:
Fracture - $2.50
Universe at War: Earth Assault - $2.50

:wii:
Super Mario Galaxy - $13.50
Trauma Center: Second Opinion - $3.25
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz - $5.25

[quote name='Testify']
Super Mario Galaxy - $13.50
[/QUOTE]

This is on the guaranteed $25 credit list. Same thing happened to me, but on three games I should have gotten $25 each for.

they will not allow you to use one of the 3 games for the extra 10 dollars if one of them is a Guaranteed 25 dollar game, I traded Forza 3 in and it didn't stack so I kept my other 2 games. Maybe it works at some stores but if you want the extra 10 better bring one more game just in case

Does anybody know if you need the little plastic case that came with the memory cards?

I have like 4 512MB that I got when I was trying to transfer stuff w/o the migration cable and they never had the case. If I can really unload them for $72, that would be amazing.

Thanks!

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']This is on the guaranteed $25 credit list. Same thing happened to me, but on three games I should have gotten $25 each for.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Kezmer']they will not allow you to use one of the 3 games for the extra 10 dollars if one of them is a Guaranteed 25 dollar game, I traded Forza 3 in and it didn't stack so I kept my other 2 games. Maybe it works at some stores but if you want the extra 10 better bring one more game just in case[/QUOTE]
The annoying thing is that I was actually planning on trading in 16 games but one was a duplicate and another was in the wrong case, and it ended up being my brother's game. So I would have had $200 probably if everything went as planned. =/

[quote name='Kezmer']they will not allow you to use one of the 3 games for the extra 10 dollars if one of them is a Guaranteed 25 dollar game, I traded Forza 3 in and it didn't stack so I kept my other 2 games. Maybe it works at some stores but if you want the extra 10 better bring one more game just in case[/QUOTE]

Well, sure, if you really want the extra $10 deal specifically. My point was that he (and I) would have gotten more money with the $25 deal.

[quote name='HydroX']Yes. When they pull up your preorder it will tell them how much is paid towards the preorder and how...

You can trade in another console towards it but you will only get $85 (with trade bonus) for it.[/QUOTE]

Really? Can't you just refund your preorder and then trade another console to get $100 credit.

[quote name='haru3173']Really? Can't you just refund your preorder and then trade another console to get $100 credit.[/QUOTE]
Since they can see that you got the pre-order amount through the promo transaction they could deduct the promo amount and just give you the amount that you should have gotten with a slim purchase or reserve. Will they go to that trouble? Depends upon the store and how many other people have tried it before you.

if i have 3 games that are on the guaranteed $25 list, is it better to do them separately so the computer doesn't do the $10 instead?

[quote name='y2jasper']if i have 3 games that are on the guaranteed $25 list, is it better to do them separately so the computer doesn't do the $10 instead?[/QUOTE]

Do two at a time, then the third separately.

Well I scored in on the trade, but the employees told me they had just reserved all four systems for the next shipment, but they'll call me as soon as one's available. I've had really good experiences at this store and this one was no different. I'm very pleased.

I traded in my arcade that I got at walmart last december with the 100 dollar gift card, my 20GB HDD, and an extra wireless controller. Ended up with 160.50 on the slim. Not too shabby.

[quote name='rp71284']Does anybody know if you need the little plastic case that came with the memory cards?

I have like 4 512MB that I got when I was trying to transfer stuff w/o the migration cable and they never had the case. If I can really unload them for $72, that would be amazing.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I traded in three memory cards and they didn't have the plastic cases.

[quote name='coolrust']Has anyone being banned from gamestop for trading a lot of stuff? And do you know how long you will be banned? I called one of the gamestop manager and he told me it's gonna be a few months before I can trade in games again.[/QUOTE]

How did you find out you were banned? Its come to my attention GS can now check your prior transactions.

[quote name='dominator']Well I scored in on the trade, but the employees told me they had just reserved all four systems for the next shipment, but they'll call me as soon as one's available.[/QUOTE]

For themselves? Or just regular customer's my bro works for gamestop (the one I got mine from yesterday I was the only one in line for go figure) has informed me that corporate said employees are to NOT reserve them for themselves etc or hold them for actual employees.

My suggestion if you have a store saying they sold them all to themselves is report them to corporate.

Just traded in my PSP-1000 launch model and got a higher value than I expected in Downers Grove, IL. Receipt says that I got $80 for it and got a $25 trade-in bonus bringing the haul to $105. Gonna apply that towards a new 360 slim when those get back in stock (^_^).

Ordered 6 games online and all but 1 came complete with box/book/cover art. Bad news is that now i gotta take 2 of the discs that were used to clean the warehouse floor with to a local gamestop and see if i can exchange them. :cry:

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Well, sure, if you really want the extra $10 deal specifically. My point was that he (and I) would have gotten more money with the $25 deal.[/QUOTE]

I know Im sorry I wasn't trying to be rude, I was confused myself since when I looked on the website it just said any game worth over $1 qualified for the extra 10 so I left a game I could have trade at home and brought Forza 3. It worked out to 35 with Forza 3 GTA 4 and Fallout 3, and 32 if I used the regular Forza trade in price of 12 and took the 10 extra.

The nice thing about trading Forza 3 for 25 is that when people start dumping the 2 pack of Forza/ODST It will be really easy to buy back for and get both games for 10-15 bucks in a few months. I am so busy playing Blur right now I wouldn't pop Forza in anyway, but it is a great game

[quote name='Drizztd9']Ordered 6 games online and all but 1 came complete with box/book/cover art. Bad news is that now i gotta take 2 of the discs that were used to clean the warehouse floor with to a local gamestop and see if i can exchange them. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Depending on the store they might try to give you the run around. I got an unreadable New Super Mario Bros Wii from the site and had to take it to 3 stores to get an exchange. First store "didn't have it," another said they couldn't do it because they sell it for 44.99 and I got it for too good a price (used edge and $10 to get it for $18ish). The last store was finally cool about it (Called ahead to make sure it was there) and exchanged it no prob. It's pretty ridiculous that employees will think of whatever bullshit they can when it says you can return/exchange it in store on the packing slip.

[quote name='xfreefallerx']Does anyone ever do the survey thing at the bottom of the receipt?[/QUOTE]
Two weeks ago I had a GameStop employee beg me to take the survey. His manager had told him he wasn't getting enough people to take it. The guy had been very helpful so I did the survey for him.

[quote name='xfreefallerx']Does anyone ever do the survey thing at the bottom of the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Ah, the surveys...

Basically, the point of them is to show corporate that you're doing all of the things you're supposed to. This includes greeting customers when they walk in, approaching them on the floor, mentioning trade promotions, offering Edge card and whatnot.

Then every week the district manager sends out an email to all the stores containing all of the stores' percentage performance in completed online surveys. My store, being in a low-income area, gets very few surveys. This means if one person leaves a negative review, our percentages drop dramatically, and we get in trouble.

That little code you enter to "enter you to win a $500 gift card!" Contains the information of who was working, what time, and who took your transaction.

It's all very big brother-esc.

Can we trade in just controllers and whatever else towards this deal if we don't trade in a system? I was originally planning on trading it in, but now I may just give it to my sister since she wants one. But, I'd still like the pricing for everything else.

Updated lists and database.

At a couple of the stores I frequent regularly I always do the surveys. They do good by me and always help me out and hold games or transfer a hard to find game in from another district so I can buy it. Besides those two stores I pretty much NEVER do the surveys unless the store does something to piss me off.

Well, it never would stack. The problem is it doesn't even work if you have 3 other games and you just want the best single promo to apply to each eligible game. I brought in 4 DS games along with Super Smash Bros. Brawl and it did the Trade 3/$10 on 3 of the DS games and just gave me the Edge boost on SSBB and the other DS game. I took those two out and got the trade 3 promo, then did SSBB on its own and got $26.50 ($25 + Edge on $16.50 base).

So, it bears repeating: DO NOT let them just tell you that the system will pick the best promos for your trade-ins. That used to work with certain combinations of deals, but it seems the Trade 3 / $10 promo does not play nicely with the others (50% earlier, and now the $25 guaranteed). And the $25 guaranteed didn't play nicely with the 50% promo either. Who knows how much trade-in value has been shorted to customers because of this? Basically anyone trading in any of the guaranteed $25 games along with anything else is gonna get screwed. I saw this happen when a kid brought in a bunch of Wii games during the 50% promo. Because of that overriding the guaranteed $25 he lost out on Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB and probably a few others.

In any case, 6/19 base values:

:wii:
SSBB - $16.50

:psp:
LocoRoco 2 - $3

:ds:
Elite Beat Agents - $1.25
Ener-G Dance Squad - $2
Ener-G Gym Rockets - $2.75
Guinness World Records - $2
Guitar Rock Tour - $1.50
Imagine Rock Star - $3.50
Ultimate Band - $2.50
Underground Pool - $1.25
Zubo - $1.75

Here is a filthy disgusting transaction that was broken up into micro transactions and I will try to list only base TIV when possible in case JP needs to update anything.

Returned an unopened Red Dead Redemption (MSRP + Tax) $64.19

Traded in Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands ($25 promo + Edge bonus) $26.85

Total = $91.14

Then traded in 6 games getting $20 extra trade in and Edge TIV

Wii
A Boy and his Blob $4.75
Dead Space Extraction $5.75

Saboteur $5.00

PS3
Mirror's Edge $5.75
Fairytale Fights 4.75
Lair $3.50

Total = $52.47 with Edge included

Traded console and accessories with Edge TIV

PS2 Fat $20
PS2 Network Adapter $5.75
PS2 Dual Shock Controller $3.75
PS2 Component Cable $2.00
PS2 Remote $0.75
PS2 2 8MB Memory Cards $2.75 ea

Wii Charger Station $3.25

Total = $43.12 with Edge included

Xbox 360 Slim promo and accessories

Console $100
Ethernet $0.65
Wired Headset $5.00
Microphone $3.50
120 GB HDD $40

Total = $152.46 (With Slim promo + Edge TIV)

GRAND TOTAL = $339.19

360 Slim + tax = $320.99

And I got $18.20 credit to boot

I am pretty happy with this transaction, although I could not return an unopened Alan Wake Collector's Edition for $80.00 as I did not have the receipt from GS online and I just don't see myself playing it anytime soon. My PS2 has not been turned on in 2 years and it was a day one launch system. I figured that I might as well get rid of it while I still can get something for it and I just happened to have a day one PS3 that is completely backwards compatible, so why hold on to nostalgia.

Also, I tried to trade in 2 wireless controllers to take advantage of the $25 promo each as well as 2 rechargeable batteries and 2 cables which would have gotten me over $60 of extra trade in credit, but they rejected that because I did not have the original double A battery case and only the rechargeable battery back. I thought I had it, but I was wrong, but I guess it's fine as I may need them down the road. I did not realize that, so keep that in mind in case you decide to do the same.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Ah, the surveys...

Basically, the point of them is to show corporate that you're doing all of the things you're supposed to. This includes greeting customers when they walk in, approaching them on the floor, mentioning trade promotions, offering Edge card and whatnot.

Then every week the district manager sends out an email to all the stores containing all of the stores' percentage performance in completed online surveys. My store, being in a low-income area, gets very few surveys. This means if one person leaves a negative review, our percentages drop dramatically, and we get in trouble.

That little code you enter to "enter you to win a $500 gift card!" Contains the information of who was working, what time, and who took your transaction.

It's all very big brother-esc.[/QUOTE]
Does anyone actually win these 500$ cards?

you would think a cag would have won those by now.
oh n yeah dont give them all your games. my manager friend even said the computer would choose the best promos and it bumped brawl and tatvscap up by 3, so i was like, yeah take those 2 off and redo them. so always be vigilant.
that said, grrr, im still waiting on a brawl to get here from gohastings.com that was shipped monday morning. all my other orders came but this still isn't here. and im waiting for my tiger woods and worried after hearing all these cags brag to me about their day flippn. grrr! lol thanx jp!

[quote name='chaugod']Just traded in my PSP-1000 launch model and got a higher value than I expected in Downers Grove, IL. Receipt says that I got $80 for it and got a $25 trade-in bonus bringing the haul to $105. Gonna apply that towards a new 360 slim when those get back in stock (^_^).[/QUOTE]

sounds to me that you got credit for a PSP3000.

The issue I have with the surveys is that the local stores bounce employees around between like 4 stores so much that the good ones are never on the list of employees for the store where they are working that day.

question for those trading in controllers for the upgrade: do third party ones have the same promo tiv as regular ones i.e. $20/$25 for wired/wireless?

[quote name='jp0213']

I've been keeping tabs on stock around Indy and got the same info. Got a hold of a 360 that barely runs but wouldn't mind trading it in towards a newer model.[/QUOTE]

definitely. even though i don't mind waiting until around july 9th, i would love if the store i traded my stuff in at got some before then, but even then i don't even know what number i am on the reserve list for that store.

the gs in s. east st (formerly target)shoppers world center. near southern plaza.

[quote name='GUNNM']Does anyone actually win these 500$ cards?[/QUOTE]
Yes, people do win. 10 winners every month, actually. I mean, from a customer perspective it's really not a bad idea to fill those out. I just ask that you be honest. Or, if you feel like doing the store a favor, leave a comment in the survey saying how good your experience was.

Of course, the potential to do harm with those surveys is much higher than the potential to do good. If you really had an asshole employee or something, that survey can literally get them fired if you say the right things.

I should have done that once. Tried to tack a refurb on a game that wasn't damaged. And then didn't scan any of the promo stuff correct. Made a stink about it that I was wrong.

Yep, I heartily encourage people to give a negative survey if they're treated poorly. It's toolboxes like that guy you had to deal with that give decent employees like me a bad name.

I swear, not every Gamestop is full of incompetent douches.

Can't wait to get some parts from eBay/Amazon so I can trade in this mess of stuff:

Xbox 360 launch console - $100
20GB HD - $33
2 other 20GB HD from broken consoles - $66
2 wired controllers - $44
2 wireless controllers - $55
3 512MB memory cards - $59.40
3 headsets - $16.50
1 tiny remote - $2-3?
1 play & charge w/battery - $3?
1 recharge battery - $2?
1 AV cable - $2?

A few questions:

-Does anybody know the value of the recharge kits? Do you need both the wire & battery?
-Do you need the plastic case that the memory card comes in?

[quote name='rp71284']
-Does anybody know the value of the recharge kits? Do you need both the wire & battery?
-Do you need the plastic case that the memory card comes in?[/QUOTE]

I think it's like... $5 for the play and charge kit. If you don't have one, they'll take the other one for less.

You do not need the plastic case for the memory cards.

Working on doing a final update for the night. I'm still debating on the new layout I've got. I know it's not that different but something about it just seems off. Not sure what it is.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']I think it's like... $5 for the play and charge kit. If you don't have one, they'll take the other one for less.

You do not need the plastic case for the memory cards.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... now I just have to wait for a replacement breakaway cable for 1 of the controllers, and replacement analog sticks for 2 of the controllers and I'll be set.

Oh and the fact that they need the setup disc for the wireless adapters is a joke. You don't even need the stupid thing. Heck, the second you turn on your 360, it recognizes that a wireless adapter is plugged in and prompts you to set up your network.

TiV from 6/19: Sorry if posted already.

BFBC2(360): Base = 22.00. W/Promo and Edge = 27.20

DMC4(360): Base = 2.00. W/ Promo and Edge = 5.54

Saboteur(360): Base = 5.00. W/ Promo and Edge = 8.83

LittleBigPlanet(Ps3): Base = 7.00 W/ Promo and Edge = 11.03

Definitely do promos separately. I told him all of the promo's separately and he said that the system would automatically pick them and and choose the best thing. He was wrong. Ended up doing three transactions. One for the system, one for BFBC2, and one for the rest.

Updated lists and database.

I think they require the disc for the N adapter in case someone has a 360 without the newer dash, I think.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Yep, I heartily encourage people to give a negative survey if they're treated poorly. It's toolboxes like that guy you had to deal with that give decent employees like me a bad name.

I swear, not every Gamestop is full of incompetent douches.[/QUOTE]

true that . when i traded the arcade for the 360S there was that HOT redhead and she was super nice and know what she doing while the guy that was there didnt how to run the computer . ( she say he was the manager / not sure if she was joking or not)

I traded in
Wii- Manhunt 2- $3.00
Xbox 360- NBA Street Homecourt- $2.00
DS- Lock's Quest- $2.25

A worker told me the games needed a value of $2 or more for the Trade 3 for $10 promo to work; but gamestop.com states that it needs to be $1+ to qualify. Is it a mistake on his part or gamestop.com?

It would work via the computer for games $1.01 or more, but there are some stores that either the Store Manager or the District Manager has put a policy in place about low value games. Normally it's a store manager from my past experiences. As all trade promos state "subject to manager approval", store managers have a wide range of discretion to put little policies like that into place. It could also be that the guy doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

[quote name='jp0213']GameStop changed their stance on the pre-order/reserve thing. They have a special code they sent out via the corporate email to input to get the values towards a pre-order/reserve.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I hadn't noticed the change in their policy. It looks like that is the route I'm going to have to take since all the GS in my area are sold out. The only problem is that I'll be without a 360 until they get a new shipment in.

[quote name='Grizzly Taint']Depending on the store they might try to give you the run around. I got an unreadable New Super Mario Bros Wii from the site and had to take it to 3 stores to get an exchange. First store "didn't have it," another said they couldn't do it because they sell it for 44.99 and I got it for too good a price (used edge and $10 to get it for $18ish). The last store was finally cool about it (Called ahead to make sure it was there) and exchanged it no prob. It's pretty ridiculous that employees will think of whatever bullshit they can when it says you can return/exchange it in store on the packing slip.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i hear ya i got my games for a lot less than in store so hope i dont get hassled. If the .com people would even check the games then they shoulda never been shipped to me in the first place. Guaranteed to work my ass....more like guaranteed to make you have to take a trip to the store. Luckily theres like 10 gamestops within spitting distance of me. Hell there even used to be 2 in the same freaking mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back