GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jp0213']It would work via the computer for games $1.01 or more, but there are some stores that either the Store Manager or the District Manager has put a policy in place about low value games. Normally it's a store manager from my past experiences. As all trade promos state "subject to manager approval", store managers have a wide range of discretion to put little policies like that into place. It could also be that the guy doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation jp0213

Yeah I asked my Gamestop, and they're actually giving out the actual email from corp since they don't have any flyers yet.

It says clearly on the email that the Wireless N adapter has to have the disc.

[quote name='lllGurulll']sounds to me that you got credit for a PSP3000.[/QUOTE]

After looking at the receipt, it looks like I did. Huh...didn't even realize that until now. I guess I was just so surprised by the value that I got that I didn't even double check their error..:roll:

Made a large trade-in today, 6/19:

Xbox 360 -
Dead or Alive 4 -- $3.00
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter -- $1.00
Rainbow Six: Vegas -- $1.50

Nintendo DS -
Super Mario 64 DS -- $6.75
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow -- $3.75
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin -- $3.50
Meteos -- $1.00
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords -- $3.00
Tetris DS -- $12.50
Kirby: Canvas Curse -- $5.00
Pokemon Diamond -- $5.25
Advance Wars: Dual Strike -- $2.50

Nintendo DS Lite w/ AC and stylus -- $35.00

Not a bad haul with the 3 for $10 trade in deal and $25 extra on hardware. Basically paid for the rest of a new 360 Slim.

[quote name='Konflictd']dang i think that tetris DS is worth way more than $12.50[/QUOTE]

I agree in terms of quality, but no, it's about $11-$15 on eBay.

I did some Trade-In's yesterday. These are all base TIV before any bonuses:

:ds:

Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day -- $3.50
Ener-G: Gym Rockets -- $2.75
My Sims Kingdom -- $3.75
Petz Monkey House -- $4.00
Puzzle de Harvest Moon -- $2.00
Trauma Center: Under the Knife -- $3.00

After bonuses and promotions applied from EDGE / Power Up Rewards and the 3 / $10, I ended up receiving: $40.91

A different Trade-In transaction from yesterday. Base TIV before any bonuses:

:wii:

Mario Party 8 -- $15.75
Super Smash Bros. Brawl -- $16.50
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars -- $13.00

The bonuses and promotions applied from EDGE / Power Up Rewards and the Guaranteed $25 TIV made the total credit received: $79.53

[quote name='Velo214']you would think a cag would have won those by now.
oh n yeah dont give them all your games. my manager friend even said the computer would choose the best promos and it bumped brawl and tatvscap up by 3, so i was like, yeah take those 2 off and redo them. so always be vigilant.
that said, grrr, im still waiting on a brawl to get here from gohastings.com that was shipped monday morning. all my other orders came but this still isn't here. and im waiting for my tiger woods and worried after hearing all these cags brag to me about their day flippn. grrr! lol thanx jp![/QUOTE]

I had the exact same thing happen. I caught it by specifically asking whether those games (Mario Party 8, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars) went up to the guaranteed $25 TIV after he totaled it. They did not because the computer only applied the Trade In 3 Games, Get $10 from the DS games traded in. Any time you have multiple promotions, I would always separate them to be sure that the system did what it was supposed to.

[quote name='OTCounter']I agree in terms of quality, but no, it's about $11-$15 on eBay.[/QUOTE]
Nope- most of those $11-15 copies are counterfeit. Proven legit copies go for more.

DS Lite System - $35 as of Saturday.

Figured I'd update it again so we'd have the latest possible date. The dude wanted to charge me a $15 refurb fee for some dust on the system. Thank god for the other guy behind the counter who agreed with me in saying that it wasn't anything to trip on and that, yes, it was just in fact dust.

[quote name='Konflictd']dang i think that tetris DS is worth way more than $12.50[/QUOTE]

Amazon gives $22.50 credit for Tetris DS.

[quote name='Sashka']Can you trade in 3 of the same game or is it YMMV?[/QUOTE]

YMMV. Some people have been able to do so when they proved that they were attained legally with a receipt showing proof of purchase.

This might be a dumb or redundant question but...
have the trade in values really dropped? I remember back in the day getting up to 35/game (this was when games were $50) for new release trade ins. Now it looks like max is $25 (if that... they quoted Rock Band Green Day at $20 during the week it came out).

Dammit. Why did I get rid of all those older receipts from Best Buy. Otherwise I'd dump the last three Sudoku Ball Detectives for DS I have on the local GS that allows multiples and make about $15 in credit for them.

Oh well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Dammit. Why did I get rid of all those older receipts from Best Buy. Otherwise I'd dump the last three Sudoku Ball Detectives for DS I have on the local GS that allows multiples and make about $15 in credit for them.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]Can't you go to your points and purchases on your reward zone and show that?

New TIV from today:

DS Lite $55 with promo I got $80!!!!

LOZ:Spirit Tracks : $10

Pokemon Soul Silver $17.00

GTA:Liberty City Stories: $12.00

[quote name='ivanctorres']New TIV from today:

DS Lite $55 with promo I got $80!!!!
[/QUOTE]

The DS Lites were only $35 TIV. Are you sure you got credit for the right model, or did they give you credit for the DSi or DS XL? It is hard to imagine the TIV went up by $20 today. Can you please check your receipt and let us know what it is listed as?

Regarding the slim 360 trade-up deal, I did a little detective work and found out there would be about 8 available in the entire city and those were spoken for a long time ago. What's that all about, all employees gets one and the customers gets shafted??

[quote name='jp0213']I was going to ask the same as well, because there is no way the DS Lite value jumped $20 over night.[/QUOTE]

See...gay minds..er great minds think alike! LOL

I got $215 for my 360 stuff and was going to sell the new 360S when it comes in, but I wonder if GS would just let me use my $215 for something else, can they really force you to buy a new 360 after they issue the store credit?

[quote name='Todd33']I got $215 for my 360 stuff and was going to sell the new 360S when it comes in, but I wonder if GS would just let me use my $215 for something else, can they really force you to buy a new 360 after they issue the store credit?[/QUOTE]
They can see how the credit was obtained, since you got the extra credit because of a promo, if you don't follow through with the promo they are entitled to drop the credit they return to you to level you would have got.

did some trades about a week ago, however, I checked the list and I have some prices/dates that are more current than what is currently on the list so please update them for the community.

Nintendo Wii
Ben 10 - $3.75 (6/13/10)
Samba de Amigo - $2 (6/13/10)

Xbox360
Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $7 (6/13/10)
Spiderman Friend or Foe - $4 (6/13/10)

PS3
G-Force - $5.75 (6/13/10)

Nintendo DS
Soul Bubbles - $1.50 (6/13/10)

Jun 20

iconps3.gif

Bionic Commando - 1.50
Viking - 3.00
Pirates of the Caribbean - 2.25
Jericho - 2.25

iconwii.gif

Red Steel - 2.75

[quote name='jp0213']They can see how the credit was obtained, since you got the extra credit because of a promo, if you don't follow through with the promo they are entitled to drop the credit they return to you to level you would have got.[/QUOTE]

Except I've done the bonus trade in for specific games and then canceled the pre-order and used the credit for something else. Why do they care, the money stays at GS and I doubt they are getting a kick back from MS.

Not all stores stick to it, but if you cancel a pre-order/reserve that got you bonus credit for reserving towards they are supposed to negate the bonus if I remember correctly. Most stores wont but there are some that do. There is one in particular around me that does that.

Well I pre-ordered at one gamestop that said I should get mine after 2 shipments -Aug at the latest but that sounds a little much to me I think he was just playing it safe (of course I call the one on the other side of town and he said there were only 4 people on their list and they're guaranteeing by July 9 but I don't feel like running back and forth)

I did ask what happens if my pre-order doesn't come in until after the promo ends and he said they'll "probably" extend the promo since no one will have been able to take advantage of the promo with such a limited stock.

I highly doubt Gamestop cares about customers that much but who knows.

I'll just cancel my pre order if it won't be in by July 18th.

when I preordered yesterday they told me they are expecting some this week but couldn't guarantee it. I told them that was fine because I came in with the expectation of July 9th anyway. I'm number 2 in line either way.

I traded a $80 Spring Bundle Arcade today. I happened to find 1 left in Pittsburgh. They even held it for 2 hrs until I got there.

Took advantage of the trade up promotion on the new 360 and got the following:

6/19/2010

PSP

$35.00 - PSP 1000 (+ $25 hardware bonus = $60)

$6.00 - GTA Liberty City (+ $3.33 & EDGE = $9.93)
$1.75 - Lumines II (+ $3.33 & EDGE = $5.26)
$1.50 - Untold Legends: BotB (+ $3.37 & EDGE = $5.02)
$3.75 - Need for Speed: MW (+ $3.33 & EDGE = $7.46)

XBOX360

$60.00 - Console (2006 non HDMI) & Wireless controller (+ $25 hardware bonus & $40 price overide = $125)
$12.75 - Wireless controller (+ $12.25 price overide & EDGE = $27.50)
$10.00 - 20 GB Hard drive (+ $20 promo bonus & $20 price overide & EDGE = $53.00)
$7.50 - 512 MB memory card (+ $10.50 price overide & EDGE = $19.80)
$5.00 - Wired headset (+ EDGE = $5.50)
$5.00 - Quick charge kit w/ battery (+ EDGE = $5.50)
$3.00 - Rechargeable battery pack (+ EDGE = $3.30)

$2.00 - NBA Street Homecourt (+ $3.33 & EDGE = $5.53)
$3.00 - Fable 2 (+ $3.33 + EDGE = $6.63)
$3.00 - UFC 2009 (+ $3.33 + EDGE = $6.63)
$5.00 - XMEN Origins Wolverine Uncaged (+ $3.33 + EDGE = $8.83)
$5.00 - Lego Batman/Pure (+ $3.33 + EDGE = $8.83)
$5.00 - Soul Calibur IV (+ $3.33 + EDGE = $8.83)
$3.00 - Street Fighter IV (+ $3.33 + EDGE = $6.63)
$4.00 - Bioshock (+ $3.33 + EDGE = $7.73)

USED TRADE TOTAL - $386.91

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']they give $53 for a 20gb HDD?[/QUOTE]

Yup. The guy had to do a price overide for the slim trade up promo on my console and accessories so I got my EDGE bonus on the promo values, too. I guess the hard drive promo was the only thing that registrered in their system so I got 2 $20 bonuses.

Beware that NFL Head Coach 09 for 360 has gone down to $1 base TIV AND IS NO LONGER VALID FOR THE PROMOTION. I had to take it and 2 other games back because it had dropped.

NFL Head Coach 09- $1 (did not trade as I took 6 games with me today)
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga- $10
LEGO Batman- $3
LEGO Indy/Kung Fu Panda- $1.50
Live Messenger Pad- $6
Live Vision Camera- $4.50

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in some games today to put in a reservation for the 360 promo:

Mass Effect 1 - $5
Halo Wars - $6
Saint's Row 2 - $5
Halo 3 - $4
Call of Duty: World at War - $6
Left 4 Dead - $5
Gears of War 2 LE - $5
Halo 3: ODST - $8
Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams - $3
Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes - $6
GTA4 - $5
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $3

I know it isn't worth that much, but when trading in the ethernet cables does it have to be the official one? I have a billion of them at home...

Base TIVs on 6/19/2010

:gc: Legend of Spyro - $2.00
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts - $3.50
:ps2: Jak and daxter the precursor legacy - $1.00
:ps2: Ace Combat 5 - $2.50
:ps2: Chicken Little: Ace in Action - $1.25
:ps2: Lego Star Wars - $2.25
:gba: Mario Kart Super Circuit - $7.00
:gba: Super Monkey Ball Jr. - $1.25

:ps2: Dual Shock Controller - $3.75

Nintendo DS Titanium Console - $25.00 (Before $25 Hardware Promo)

How does the price override and hardware bonus work? Is that YMMV or standard across all Gamestops? Getting $53 for 20 gb hard drives is insane...

[quote name='kylerg']Can I trade one 360 in today, and the other in 2 weeks and get the promo?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cnotes86']How does the price override and hardware bonus work? Is that YMMV or standard across all Gamestops? Getting $53 for 20 gb hard drives is insane...[/QUOTE]

Totally.

Question about hardware bonus:

I have another Xbox 360 60GB model. You can trade it to Gazelle for $96.

For the $25 hardware bonus, does that require the headset & hard drive? Because if not, I'll just attach it onto my 360 Slim bonus, adding $125 total.

[quote name='VoltronGuy']Traded in some games today to put in a reservation for the 360 promo:

Mass Effect 1 - $5
Halo Wars - $6
Saint's Row 2 - $5
Halo 3 - $4
Call of Duty: World at War - $6
Left 4 Dead - $5
Gears of War 2 LE - $5
Halo 3: ODST - $8
Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams - $3
Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes - $6
GTA4 - $5
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $3[/QUOTE]

Too bad you don't get more for CE's as I'm sure that's the normal TIV for Gears 2. It's amazing the margin Gamestop makes sometimes in that they gave you $5 base on ME 1 and will sell it for $30 base (or they gave you $8.50 and will sell it for $27 if both transactions are done with Edge.) Looks like the margin on ODST is fairly large also.

[quote name='OTCounter']I agree in terms of quality, but no, it's about $11-$15 on eBay.[/QUOTE]

I think legit copies with box go for about $50 on EBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back