GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Some TIV's from today

iconxbox360.gif

Wired Headset $5.00
LIVE Vision Cam $4.25
Play & Charge Kit $5.75
NCAA Football 09 $1.00
CoD: MW 2 $20.00
Borderlands Add-on $5.00
Mercenaries 2 $3.00
GRAW $1
Brothers in Arms HH $3.00
Burnout Revenge $5.00
Battlefield 2: MC $2.50
Tom Clancy's EndWar $2.50
Viva Pinata Party Animals $2.00

iconds.gif

DS Lite AC Adapter $3.00

What happens to games you got via game share? Would you have to get all the account info again and redownload them each? Sounds like a hassle

[quote name='SoulReaver']What happens to games you got via game share? Would you have to get all the account info again and redownload them each? Sounds like a hassle[/QUOTE]

What is this?

[quote name='SoulReaver']What happens to games you got via game share? Would you have to get all the account info again and redownload them each? Sounds like a hassle[/QUOTE]

Iv been asking this question for days

Yeah, i checked there, posted threads (On here and a few other sites), still have yet to recieve a definative awnser. Everything was either a guess, or from someone who deactivated before they traded.

i just got a new in the box 160gb model. any advantages of me trading it in and getting a slim? is the cooling(temps) better?

If I still had my 40GB ps3 I'd trade towards a slim, but I have an 80GB BC right now, don't want to trade that baby off.

So what are the benefits of trading in an older 40gb model for the newer PS3 slim?

I get $200 for my old version and have to pay $100 more + tax for the same exact thing? Can someone tell me what's the benefit here?

[quote name='tears2040']So what are the benefits of trading in an older 40gb model for the newer PS3 slim?

I get $200 for my old version and have to pay $100 more + tax for the same exact thing? Can someone tell me what's the benefit here?[/QUOTE]

The new one will be shiny. Except that they have a matte finish, so it... won't even be that.

It will be new?

[quote name='tears2040']So what are the benefits of trading in an older 40gb model for the newer PS3 slim?

I get $200 for my old version and have to pay $100 more + tax for the same exact thing? Can someone tell me what's the benefit here?[/QUOTE]

uhhhh.... what?

You get a smaller, quieter system and a DS3 controller instead of the Sixaxis. Plus, a lower risk of getting the YLOD error that plagues the old launch fatty models.

[quote name='tyrone888']You get a smaller, quieter system and a DS3 controller instead of the Sixaxis. Plus, a lower risk of getting the YLOD error that plagues the old launch fatty models.[/QUOTE]

My PS3 40Gb model runs perfect and I never had any problems with it, honestly IMO there is nothing wrong with the system.

So basically I would pay $100 for a larger HD and a Ds3 Controller. Thanks for the heads up people but this to me is not worth $100 especially when my system runs flawless. Now if there were a bundle with two games or added technology then I might think about it. As a matter of fact why isn't Gamestop giving $200 for an Xbox 360 elite?

I would gladly trade in my elite for the new 360 with a larger HD + wireless internet.

[quote name='tears2040']My PS3 40Gb model runs perfect and I never had any problems with it, honestly IMO there is nothing wrong with the system.

So basically I would pay $100 for a larger HD and a Ds3 Controller. Thanks for the heads up people but this to me is not worth $100 especially when my system runs flawless. Now if there were a bundle with two games or added technology then I might think about it. As a matter of fact why isn't Gamestop giving $200 for an Xbox 360 elite?

I would gladly trade in my elite for the new 360 with a larger HD + wireless internet.[/QUOTE]

Actually, my Gamestop still had the 250 GB Infamous and Little Big Planet bundle in stock for $350. I opted for the 120GB for $299 though because I wouldn't play those two games for long. Anyway, I'm happy I upgraded. My 60GB was way too loud for me to enjoy watching movies on them. The fan was constantly on full blast. My new slim is quiet as a mouse.

[quote name='tyrone888']Actually, my Gamestop still had the 250 GB Infamous and Little Big Planet bundle in stock for $350. I opted for the 120GB for $299 though because I wouldn't play those two games for long. Anyway, I'm happy I upgraded. My 60GB was way too loud for me to enjoy watching movies on them. The fan was constantly on full blast. My new slim is quiet as a mouse.[/QUOTE]

I use my 60GB as my main movie watching device right now since my tv just lacks enough inputs to have SO many devices hooked up at once. Short story short: The noise bugs me.

[quote name='tyrone888']Actually, my Gamestop still had the 250 GB Infamous and Little Big Planet bundle in stock for $350. I opted for the 120GB for $299 though because I wouldn't play those two games for long. Anyway, I'm happy I upgraded. My 60GB was way too loud for me to enjoy watching movies on them. The fan was constantly on full blast. My new slim is quiet as a mouse.[/QUOTE]
You must have one of the newer slim models then, since my slim I got last year runs full blast when I'm playing Red Dead Redemption. Then again I think that game really pushes the system to it's limits, since there's virtually no loading screens unless you're going into/out of a mission or into/out of loading a saved game.

Of course, maybe you keep your TV up louder than I do, since I can still hear when my PS3 is loading a disc. But I also sit within 3-4 feet of my system and tv, so that might be why I can hear the system's fan running louder.

Not exactly the right place to ask, but oh well.

Anyone know what Sony's stance is on repairing 60GB launch models? Mine works fine and everything, and there's no way I'm trading it in at GameStop instead of selling it on eBay or something, but...

Hypothetically, let's say it breaks. I know Sony has a paid repair service, but I'm not sure if you're given the option of getting your same system sent back to you or not, given how the launch models aren't in production anymore.

I sorta want to upgrade to a Slim, but I can't let go of my playing PS2 games in widescreen and w/ a DS3. The assurance that at least I'll be able to get MY system repaired if it does break is enough for me not to upgrade though.

Anyone know from experience?

[quote name='tyrone888']You get a smaller, quieter system and a DS3 controller instead of the Sixaxis. Plus, a lower risk of getting the YLOD error that plagues the old launch fatty models.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Not exactly the right place to ask, but oh well.

Anyone know what Sony's stance is on repairing 60GB launch models? Mine works fine and everything, and there's no way I'm trading it in at GameStop instead of selling it on eBay or something, but...

Hypothetically, let's say it breaks. I know Sony has a paid repair service, but I'm not sure if you're given the option of getting your same system sent back to you or not, given how the launch models aren't in production anymore.

I sorta want to upgrade to a Slim, but I can't let go of my playing PS2 games in widescreen and w/ a DS3. The assurance that at least I'll be able to get MY system repaired if it does break is enough for me not to upgrade though.

Anyone know from experience?[/QUOTE]
YLOD only occurs with an extremely small percentage of the 20GB and 60GB fatty PS3s. We're not talking about RROD percentages here. You guys are purposely downgrading your systems because of paranoia.

[quote name='salazarmark']YLOD only occurs with an extremely small percentage of the 20GB and 60GB fatty PS3s. We're not talking about RROD percentages here. You guys are purposely downgrading your systems because of paranoia.[/QUOTE]

Entirely agree...

I'm not paranoid of my system dying on me. I've never had any console completely shit on me, not even a 360. I'm just saying, if it's going to be impossible to get another 60GB console as a replacement if mine died, it'd be pretty stupid.

I have hundreds of dollars of downloadable content from PSN that I cannot activate on another console. So... I kind of need this system to last, or at least get it back from Sony as they're huge douchebags and won't deactivate the system for you.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I'm not paranoid of my system dying on me. I've never had any console completely shit on me, not even a 360. I'm just saying, if it's going to be impossible to get another 60GB console as a replacement if mine died, it'd be pretty stupid.

I have hundreds of dollars of downloadable content from PSN that I cannot activate on another console. So... I kind of need this system to last, or at least get it back from Sony as they're huge douchebags and won't deactivate the system for you.[/QUOTE]
Sony doesn't guarantee you'll get the same system back when sending it in for repair, though I did get lucky last year when I sent in my 40gb fat model just prior to the warranty lapsing for a final 'tuneup' before trading it in about 3 months later towards a slim.

They give you a 90 day warranty on the repairs they did when you send in your console.

However, they also will wipe your HDD that's in your system, so if you sent in your 60gb to be repaired you'd have to try and re-download all of the content you wanted to get back on your system.

And I think I gotta ask, hundreds of dollars of PSN content? Really? That's alot of money on stuff you have no ability to resell if you ever got bored with it.:cry:

As long as I have the ability to redownload what was on the HDD, I'm fine.

I wouldn't pay to get it repaired if it wasn't the same machine though. Activations are based on MAC addresses of the hardware, so anything else and it'd be useless to me.

The hundreds of dollars is... a bunch of gameshared accounts, meaning all 5 activations are in use. So, there's no way I can even redownload everything if they gave me a new console.

I... might just get a Slim, deactivate everything I have on my Phat, then reactivate on the Slim. Only use my Phat for PS2 gaming... or something like that. >.>

I have heard of some people being sent a non-BC system after having sent theirs' in for repair. Isn't that... a huge waste of money? My system's warranty obvious is gone, but IFF I am guaranteed the same console back, I'd be willing to pay the absurd (near $150 was it?) Sony charges for repairs.

I think I might trade in my 60 gig, the thing's so damn loud and I haven't been playing any PS2 games for a while anyways. Not to mention it doesn't necessarily seem to be the hot seller I had imagined; once you strip away the extra games and subtract the fees it seems like alot of these completed listings on ebay aren't fetching a whole lot more than what gamestop is offering.

A lot of people are talking about trading up to a slim, but is this actually part of the deal or can I just trade and hold the credit for a rainy day? It didn't mention this on the front page so I just wanted to verify.

And I think I gotta ask, hundreds of dollars of PSN content? Really? That's alot of money on stuff you have no ability to resell if you ever got bored with it.
Maybe it's just me, but I think the moment we started using message boards we lost the right to lecture on maximizing potential.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']As long as I have the ability to redownload what was on the HDD, I'm fine.

I wouldn't pay to get it repaired if it wasn't the same machine though. Activations are based on MAC addresses of the hardware, so anything else and it'd be useless to me.

The hundreds of dollars is... a bunch of gameshared accounts, meaning all 5 activations are in use. So, there's no way I can even redownload everything if they gave me a new console.

I... might just get a Slim, deactivate everything I have on my Phat, then reactivate on the Slim. Only use my Phat for PS2 gaming... or something like that. >.>

I have heard of some people being sent a non-BC system after having sent theirs' in for repair. Isn't that... a huge waste of money? My system's warranty obvious is gone, but IFF I am guaranteed the same console back, I'd be willing to pay the absurd (near $150 was it?) Sony charges for repairs.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh ok. That makes sense then. I always thought that a 'share' was freed up when you deactivated your account on one PS3 and reactivated it on another though?

I believe it's $150 for repairing a BC PS3 AND the cost of shipping the system in to them.

Right, but I wouldn't have a chance to deactivate my system if it died on me. That's my primary concern. Are you sure about the $150? That number was just stuff in the back of my head for the past few months, and I'm not even sure that service exists as I understand it.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Right, but I wouldn't have a chance to deactivate my system if it died on me. That's my primary concern. Are you sure about the $150? That number was just stuff in the back of my head for the past few months, and I'm not even sure that service exists as I understand it.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that every CAG I've seen mention having a BC system mentioned having to choose between paying Sony $150 or paying one of the third party companies I've seen a few of them mention about half of that to repair their system.

The good part with the third party companies is that they supposedly were able to save/restore the files on the PS3's HDD for the CAG's who sent them in.

But if you even have any suspicion that your system might be on the way out I'd dump it off on GS as quickly as possible, no matter what you're losing, unless you want to take the chance of getting nothing(or next to nothing) for the system after it goes kablooie.

any chance the $200 360 still includes wifi and at least comes with enclosure to hold a harddrive? i already did the hddhackr mod for the 360 to get a 250gb harddrive so i'm assuming I can just insert it in the new 360 and it will work fine. just for the record guys if your ps3 breaks out of warranty sony will charge $150+ tax to fix it. my 40gb died last year and I opted to sell it for parts on craigslist and buy a slim. had a new one from amazon 2 days later after taking advantage of prime trial. best decision i ever made and only cost about $50 more than having it repaired

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm pretty sure that every CAG I've seen mention having a BC system mentioned having to choose between paying Sony $150 or paying one of the third party companies I've seen a few of them mention about half of that to repair their system.

The good part with the third party companies is that they supposedly were able to save/restore the files on the PS3's HDD for the CAG's who sent them in.

But if you even have any suspicion that your system might be on the way out I'd dump it off on GS as quickly as possible, no matter what you're losing, unless you want to take the chance of getting nothing(or next to nothing) for the system after it goes kablooie.[/QUOTE]

What this guy said, in full. My PS3 died and it was out of warranty with Sony and they wanted $150 to fix it, plus I had to pay shipping. I was able to save what I could (deactivated a few accounts) before it finally died fully and then I hocked it for a Slim. The Slim is much more reliable, quiet, cooler running and just all around better, except for the lack of BC (if that matters to you).

[quote name='salazarmark']YLOD only occurs with an extremely small percentage of the 20GB and 60GB fatty PS3s. We're not talking about RROD percentages here. You guys are purposely downgrading your systems because of paranoia.[/QUOTE]

Part paranoia since I have heard about a lot of launch PS3s failing recently, but mainly the fact that my 60GB was too loud. Fans would run full blast and be as loud as my launch 360. I had it hooked up to a surround sound system and sit 10 feet away from it and could definitely hear it loud an clear.

Anyway, I don't care for BC or 4 USB ports or anything like that. I just want my PS3 to play current games and movies, so it was a good trade for me.

Does your Gamestop just carry the 120GB for $299 because I don't see that option online?

[quote name='ikaden']Does your Gamestop just carry the 120GB for $299 because I don't see that option online?[/QUOTE]

They had three SKUs.

120GB - $299
250GB - $349
250GB w/ Infamous Little Big Planet bundle - $349

I think you'll just have to check the stores to see what's in stock.

Base values:
Red Dead Redemption (360) - $25
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga (360) - $11
Rabbids Go Home (Wii) - $8.00

Had a $5 email coupon to bump RDR up to 32.50 with my Edge. Lego and Rabbids were on the list for $40 credit on Crackdown 2 and Madden 11, so I ended up getting over 100% trade boost since I wanted to pick up Crackdown. 41.90 with Edge for the two combined.

The save 40 for Madden 11/Crackdown 2 preorder promo, how would I go about getting it back for credit instead of the game?

I never traded in for a promo before.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Or pick up the game and return it for the $60 back.[/QUOTE]

That only works depending on the employee. If their smart enough to do their job right they would look up the preorder number and still subtract it from what you get back. I've had them do that to me at several stores on several different occasions when after I bought it the game got horrible reviews so I didnt want to keep it.

Like many other things I guess It's ymmv as I've never had that happen before and I've done it quite a few times.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']That only works depending on the employee. If their smart enough to do their job right they would look up the preorder number and still subtract it from what you get back. I've had them do that to me at several stores on several different occasions when after I bought it the game got horrible reviews so I didnt want to keep it.[/QUOTE]

So a very ymmv on the 40 trade in, shame, looked like they had some old and cheap games on the list.

[quote name='sebs09']Can you use your Edge card and get an extra 10% trade in for the PS3 system, making it $220 instead?[/QUOTE]

No, in my experience the Edge card doesn't stack with console trade-ins, just games and accessories.

Oh well, I couldn't get my old damn system deactivated at Gamestop or Sony will not give me that game license back but will fix the video activation.

Traded in my 40GB model this morning. They just hooked it up and reset the system to factory settings. The system was nicked and had some problems with loading games and such.

Traded the GS credit for $175 Paypal, so I'm very happy with the turnout.

Base TIV

X360
Earth Defense Force 2017 3.00

PS3
Katamari Forever 14.50

Wii
10 Minute Solutions 6.00

PS2

MLB 10 The Show 10.00

PSP
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake 8.50

Status