GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']Also, considering how much credit I have at Gamestop and what my trades would get me anyway, and the PC version having no achievements, maybe I should just not think so hard.[/QUOTE]

PC version of Dead Risingg 2 is GFWL and does have acheivements, fwiw.

TIV from my trip today:

Dissidia Final Fantasy- $6.00
De Blob- $4.00
Shaun White Snowboarding (Wii)- $3.00
Splinter Cell Conviction (360)- $9.00
Forza 3- $12.00
Red Dead Redemption (360)- $18.00 (regretting this after finding out about the new zombie DLC)

Hope this helps! :)

:ps3: Final Fantasy $14.00 base 10/1

Also it looks like PowerUp is now active everywhere, they had a bunch of stuff in my little town advertising it and I had my card activated.

TIV 10/01/2010:
All 360
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits $6.00
Alan Wake $14.00
GTA: Episodes From Liberty City $12.00

I can't believe New Super Mario Bros for DS still gets $15.00. That's amazing.

Base TIV from 10/01/2010:

All PS3
Madden NFL 11 $25.00
MLB The Show 10 $12.00
2010 FIFA World Cup $9.00
Burnout Paradise (GH Version if it matters) $6.00
Fallout 3 $6.00
Borderlands $9.00
Folklore $6.00
Devil May Cry 4 $5.00
Resistance 2 $6.00

All PS2
Shadow of the Colossus $5
Katamari Damacy $3.75
Socom 3 $1

Was stoked to get $32.50 for Madden, helped pay for my copy of Atelier Rorona.

Was also told that my EDGE would be replaced next week for PowerUP, guess it's finally becoming a national thing now.

TIVs for 10/2

:gba: King Kong: 8th Wonder of the World - $0.60
:gba: Konami's Krazy Racers - $1.25
:gba: Matchbox Missions Double Pack - $0.65
:gba: Midnight Club Street Racing - $2.25
:gba: Need for Speed Carbon - $1.50
:gba: Pac-Man Collection - $2.25
:gba: Pokemon Emerald - $9.75
:gba: Super Mario Advance - $6.50
:gba: Treasure Planet - $0.55
:ds: Trauma Center: Under the Knife - $2.00
:ps2: Final Fantasy X - $4.50
:ps2: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - $1.50
:ps2: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - $2.25
:ps2: Shadow the Hedgehog - $1.75
:ps2: Sonic Mega Collection Plus - $2.25
:ps2: PS2 Dual Shock 2 Controller - $2.50
:gc: Cars - $2.00
:gc: Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes - $8.00
:gc: Sonic Mega Collection - $2.25

Can you trade in more than one xbox360 wireless controller in at a time?

I did a quick search in the question section and did not see the answer.

Traded 10/2/10

:ps3: Guitar Hero 5 - $7.00

Picked up Warriors of Rock back on Thursday and was able to import 69/85 songs so unlike the crap World Tour 35/85 songs this was worth it and away it went.

I tired to use this promo coupon...

Coupons - $25 bonus on 360/Wii/PS3/DS/PSP Hardware and 30% bonus on 3 or more games traded in. (Runs 9/27/10 thru 10/17/10) YMMV

at my Gamestop and it was rejected. They thought it was a 'shop.

WTF?

[quote name='JP']It may be a regional coupon, hence the YMMV at the end.[/QUOTE]

I printed it out last week, before YMMV was added. Seems like it isn't working for most people.

The coupon appears in your dash board under "active offers" when you log on to your account at poweruprewards.com

Traded 10-2-10 Prices without bonus
Bad Company 2 (PS3) $18.00
Lost Odyssey (360) $5.00
Call of Duty WaW (360) $10.00

Anyone else who has the new Powerup Reward card - have you noticed anything glitchy with it?

I bought a game this past wednesday (my receipt even shows my powerup account #) and when I go to my account there is no pending points from that purchase. Yet, for some reason, something I bought today (Oct. 2nd) shows up as pending but with yesterday's date. Strange...

I'll shoot gamestop an email on monday and see what they say.

[quote name='ultimablades']I traded in 3 games couple of days ago. And upon a closer look at my receipt I got no bonus! Wtf.[/QUOTE]
That's why you need to check the receipt before leaving the store, as promos may or may not always apply automatically.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. That went UP three dollars. It's shocking since the Ultimate Edition is out now.[/QUOTE]
It'd be funny if he meant the Ultimate Edition. fuck you, Gamestop!

It would be, but the US version of the Bad Company 2 ultimate edition is like the US version of the God Of War 3 Ultimate Edition, in that I think ALL of the extras are via some cockamamie bullshit download code and not right on the disc or a seperate disc.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's why you need to check the receipt before leaving the store, as promos may or may not always apply automatically.[/QUOTE]

If I take back the receipt to the will they be able to add the 20%? I mean, its their mistake right?

[quote name='superdry']Anyone else who has the new Powerup Reward card - have you noticed anything glitchy with it?

I bought a game this past wednesday (my receipt even shows my powerup account #) and when I go to my account there is no pending points from that purchase. Yet, for some reason, something I bought today (Oct. 2nd) shows up as pending but with yesterday's date. Strange...

I'll shoot gamestop an email on monday and see what they say.[/QUOTE]

Yes. My in store purchase (used the B2G1 coupon offer on dashboard) didn't even show up on website rewards until 2 days later, and then it was either less or more points that I was expecting with my math.

How do they handle points per dollar spent with Edge (20 dollar used game is 400 points or 360)? with B2G1 free coupon (0 points or price of game before coupon)?

I'm looking for games that trade in for 10$ and up to get.
I'm trying to save up for a new PSP 3000.
I know that the games about 39-49$ are usually the highest on Xbox 360 games. But seeing as amazon has better prices I might buy them from there and then beat them and then trade them into gamestop.

I'm into RPG's and Action/Adventure.
Any ideas?

Also when you trade in games and say your trading them towards games like Kirby's Epic Yarn or whatever gives you a good deal on credit do you really have to end up getting that game with that credit or can you just say that and save up the credit?

Does anyone know or have a fair estimate on how much "Just Dance" for the Wii trades in for? Didn't see it on the list.

[quote name='Tywon']Does anyone know or have a fair estimate on how much "Just Dance" for the Wii trades in for? Didn't see it on the list.[/QUOTE]

If no one has listed it then it's best to just give the store a call.

Has anyone had trouble using the new PowerUp card to get the 10% off discount online? The numbers on the back of my account card don't seem to take online.

powerup pro doesnt get you 10% off til it goes national. if it does then your edge subscription is still in effect, but when your old edge card would have expired is when the 10% off runs out...

The 30% coupon wasn't working for me, either; the guys couldn't figure out what it was from and got out some giant binder of memos and were digging through it and he eventually just manually overrode it and gave me 30% on top of the 3 for 20%, so I ended up with 60% altogether. I almost wish now I'd taken in some bigger trades.

JP, may want to put in OP about the coupon...

This is a *scanned* coupon handed out to me at my local gamestop. I'm not sure if this was suppose to only be valid in my area or what, but the manager did say they were giving them out to those who asked about the powerup program (Although, everyone at halo reach midnight launch got one).

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']How many points have people gotten so far?
For me I've gotten 1144.[/QUOTE]

I used my fifth or sixth $5-off coupon today, they're 4000 each.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Does anyone know how much they sell Modnation Racers used for the ps3 in store?[/QUOTE]

It's $39 new so it's a virtually negligible difference, it's most likely $34.99. I know Darksiders is the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back