GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, Mario Kart DS nets $20?

With that 50% promo coming up, that means you'd get up to $32 with the extra 10% PowerUp. Then you can buy a used copy for $28.88, and make a $3.12 profit!

But of course, they'll probaly reduce it to like $15 when the promo starts. That would be too easy. =p

Also, $36.80 for NSMBW... holy crap.

EDIT: List wasen't updated... Well at $15 with 60% it'd still be $24? Urgh... no profit. =(

Base TIV for 12/9:

:360: Army of Two: 40th Day - $5
:360: Major League Baseball 2k10 - $7
:wii: Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics - $9
:ps3: Alien vs Predator - $7

Those are the only ones I noticed changing.

so what's the word on the 50% trade in bonus? i've heard from two different employees from different gamestops thats its starting. but one said it starts today (friday) and another said it starts sunday.

[quote name='killer9']sunday the 12th is when it starts[/QUOTE]

thanks bro. do you guys think the TIVs are going to change before then. because i was planning on taking advantage of the current deal, but not sure if it would be better to do the 40% + PU bonus or wait for the 50% + PU bonus.

[quote name='killer9']i imagine they will lower alot of the trade in values to compensate for the extra 50%[/QUOTE]

yeah i was thinking the same thing. haha when i asked the GS employee the same thing, he said they would stay the same. but yeah, i dont trust him too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back