GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a chance to buy Halo Reach for $10 when he took the madden xbox 360 i wanted to buy and trade in my blur..and rang up as both credit..but instead i told him i wanted madden xbox..he didnt even bother to open the case to find a empty madden case..Im sad...Do Gamestop take trade in for the HORI EX STICK for the xbox 360????

Is Halo:Reach really $20 ? You would think it would be atleast $25.

Edit : Also , is there a good chance there will be extra trade in credit towards Medal Of Honor.

Last week, GS evidently had some special where they were giving away the Red Dead legends and killers pack free if you bought the game. He ended up with a bunch of extra codes - so when I walked in and was joshing with him this morning, he gave me one... May be worth checking if you;re chummy with your GS employees locally (and want the pack)...

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Last week, GS evidently had some special where they were giving away the Red Dead legends and killers pack free if you bought the game. He ended up with a bunch of extra codes - so when I walked in and was joshing with him this morning, he gave me one... May be worth checking if you;re chummy with your GS employees locally (and want the pack)...[/QUOTE]
I kinda hinted to that at the GS I'm friendly with the employees at last week to no avail, but they did let me check the cases for some Square-Enix games for registration codes to try and register online towards their rewards program and a possibly free iPod Touch 8gb like some have been getting for getting Ultimate tier on there.

Unfortunately NONE of the codes(not even the one for my legitimately bought copy of Just Cause 2) worked to add any points to my member rewards account.:roll:

Just traded in my Wii system, games and accessories that i never use:

RE4 - 5
Smash Brothers - 17
Shaun White - 3
Madworld - 2
Wii Play - 2
Mario Kart - 16
Warioware SM - 8
Punchout - 11
New Super Mario Bros - 25
Wii Fit Plus - 7
RE Umbrella Chronicles - 7
Wii Balance Board - 20
Wii Sports - 4
Wii Remote - 13.50 each (had 3)
Classic Controller - 5.50 each (had 2)
Nunchuck - 6.75
Racing Wheel - 2 each (had 2)
Component Cable - 4.25
Wii System - 50

PS3 - RE5 - 7

299.05 Total with 25% PS Move Promo and Edge Discount

TIV from Today

Trivial Pursuit - $4
Star Wars Clone Wars - $6
COD World at War - $10
Bigs 2 - $9
Rapala Tournament Fishing - $4
Data transfer cable - $6.75

Just talked to a buddie. He got $25 for Reach ( Xbox 360 ). I don't know what to do. Trade it in now or wait and see if there is a extra credit towards Medal Of Honor.

Choices , Choices , Choices....

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the policy on USED games again?, isn't it you can bring it back for full credit before 7 Days?.My dumb uncle bought MAG for 35(probably GS clerk sway him into it). I played the beta of that and it was trash. Move isn't going to make it better.

Can I take it back and get 35 dollar credit right?, I can use that to buy another Move controller( which all sold out today ).

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']Just talked to a buddie. He got $25 for Reach ( Xbox 360 ). I don't know what to do. Trade it in now or wait and see if there is a extra credit towards Medal Of Honor.

Choices , Choices , Choices....[/QUOTE]

Since MOH is a flop in the making, I think they will do the special offers for BLACKOPS and other high profile games, so you better get 25 dollars now before it goes down to 15 in a few weeks.

9/17

Nds NSMB $17

WII M&S winter games $13

X360

Tekken 6 $5
Legendary $2.50
Where the wild things are $3
Ninja blade $5

[quote name='Killagamer']Since MOH is a flop in the making, I think they will do the special offers for BLACKOPS and other high profile games, so you better get 25 dollars now before it goes down to 15 in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Well , I loved Battlefield 2 so I'm sure I'll love Medal Of Honor. Also , it couldn't be any worse then Reach. Halo 2 is one of my favorite games but Bungie really screwed up. Maybe it's because I've been playing Battlefield and COD and Halo is a totally different game. Just not my taste anymore.

Anyways , I'll wait till Monday and if nothing shows up I'll trade them in.

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']Well , I loved Battlefield 2 so I'm sure I'll love Medal Of Honor. Also , it couldn't be any worse then Reach. Halo 2 is one of my favorite games but Bungie really screwed up. Maybe it's because I've been playing Battlefield and COD and Halo is a totally different game. Just not my taste anymore.

Anyways , I'll wait till Monday and if nothing shows up I'll trade them in.[/QUOTE]

Or you could try selling/trading them here ;)

Decided to ditch some of my backlog and games I was done with to help pay for stuff I actually want to play...

PS3:
FEAR 2 - 6.00
Call of Duty 4 - 7.00
Dark Void - 3.00
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood - 6.00

360:
Fallout 3 - 5.00

Wii:
Muramasa - 7.00
Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games - 12.00
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 12.00
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - 7.00
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles - 12.00

Got 114.72 i credit, just noticed that I didn't get a 20 dollar bonus on the 2nd group, I got a 10 dollar bonus on the next 3, then nothing on Dark Void or Fallout 3.

Is it possible this store could raise the minimum to 3 dollars? Either that or their computers are effed since it takes like 90 seconds for promos to apply then another minute for a receipt to come out.

[quote name='diddy310']Is it possible this store could raise the minimum to 3 dollars? Either that or their computers are effed since it takes like 90 seconds for promos to apply then another minute for a receipt to come out.[/QUOTE]
For a local store to raise the minimum to $3 they would have to do a manual override as the promo information is pushed out from corporate. That does happen but it's rare. You are more likely to see a local store require a minimum that isn't stated during the percent tiered promos.

We've come across items in the past where doing a promo in a few batches on one transaction has caused problems. Normally it was when people were doing batches of 12 or higher on one of the previous $10/$20 deals. We thought 10 would be a safe number but apparently not.

Traded in two games today, values stayed the same:

360: Final Fantasy XIII - $14
Wii: Metroid: Other M - $25

Wanted to trade in FFXIII long, long ago when I was done with it, but lent it to a friend and it got stuck with him longer than I was hoping. :(

[quote name='JP']
We've come across items in the past where doing a promo in a few batches on one transaction has caused problems. Normally it was when people were doing batches of 12 or higher on one of the previous $10/$20 deals. We thought 10 would be a safe number but apparently not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, has anyone done 10 games here for this promo and gotten two $20 credits? It could be that it is screwed up and thinks it should only apply that promo once, then uses the next best promo (3/$10) for the rest of the games.

This is why I usually stick to just the exact amount (no more, no less) for these promos - you never know in what way the GS computers will screw you over from one time to the next.

[quote name='io']Yeah, has anyone done 10 games here for this promo and gotten two $20 credits? It could be that it is screwed up and thinks it should only apply that promo once, then uses the next best promo (3/$10) for the rest of the games.

This is why I usually stick to just the exact amount (no more, no less) for these promos - you never know in what way the GS computers will screw you over from one time to the next.[/QUOTE]

I tried 15 at once and it only gave me 2 $20 credits, so we just re-did them all as 5 per transaction. I think that guy should go back and argue his case.

Ooooffff, twenty bucks for Reach? I love it and had no notions of trading this one in, but wow is that a low initial trade-in value!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Couldn't find a TIV for a FAT NON BC PS3 system. Anybody know?[/QUOTE]

What was the initial HDD size in there and how many USB ports does it have? That's how you tell.

40 GB(NO PS2 BC only 2 USB) - $110 (4/1/10)
80 GB(NO PS2 BC only 2 USB) - $130 (7/2/10)
160 GB(NO PS2 BC) - $140 (4/1/10)

[quote name='kitkatjam23']Ooooffff, twenty bucks for Reach? I love it and had no notions of trading this one in, but wow is that a low initial trade-in value![/QUOTE]

Especially since as of today, Amazon is giving $38 for it. I locked it in just in case I decide it isn't for me.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']How does GS calculate pre-order final price?

Say I put down $5. Is the tax applied before or after the $5 pre-order?[/QUOTE]

Before. When you pick up the game, you pay the full price, and just have whatever you prepaid applied to it then. So you will pay the remainder of you balance + the tax on the full amount. That is assuming you are not using trade-in credit in a state where you don't pay tax when using trade-in credit (it varies). And it's also assuming you live in a state with such a thing as sales tax. It's not something I generally have to worry about ;).

[quote name='diddy310']Is it possible this store could raise the minimum to 3 dollars? Either that or their computers are effed since it takes like 90 seconds for promos to apply then another minute for a receipt to come out.[/QUOTE]
It is possible that some stores might require a higher TIV than the chainwide 'over $2' one, but that's why it definitely pays to double check receipts before leaving the store.

That way in the event the system screws up and doesn't apply the promo(s) as it should have you can get it fixed while still in the store.

I would say to go back as quickly as possible(possibly tonight if you can) to get this rectified. If the normal employees can't or won't do anything to fix it, then ask for a manager.

[quote name='kitkatjam23']Ooooffff, twenty bucks for Reach? I love it and had no notions of trading this one in, but wow is that a low initial trade-in value![/QUOTE]

I've had 2 friends trade in their Reach. It's $25. The price on page 1 is wrong.

I'll have to see who is working tomorrow or Sunday. If it's the same guy I might be able to get it adjusted. Probably not with any of the other employees at that one

Tonight over the phone

Wii
Super Paper Mario $10
SBob Creature from the Krusty Krab $5
Cosmic Family $1.50

GC
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $2.50

Todays TiV
Viva Pinata 2.50
COD 3 2.50
Condemned 2 2.50
Mercenaries 2 3.00
Saints Row 2.50

wii
Lego Indy 6.00
Wario Land Shake It 5.00
Winter sports Ultimate challenge 3.00
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 5.00
GH Van Halen 6.00

TIV as of 9/15/10

:ps3:
Prince of Perisa: Forgotten Sands $8
Lord of the Rings: Conquest $4
Rock Band 2 $6

Resistance $2

[quote name='Jawgoosh']sorry a little off topic but @ radioactivez0r how do you lock in a trade-in price at amazon? Amazon's value is $39.25 this morning for reach. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]
Say you're ready to trade it in when you fill out the form.

Here are some base values as of today, all for :wii:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance $6
Need for Speed Carbon $8
Crash of the Titans $7
Cars $6
Mario Party 8 $17
Price is Right $6
Cooking Mama: World Kitchen $7
MX vs. ATV: Untamed $6
Spongebob: Atlantis Squarepantis $6
Ben 10: Alien Force $5
Spongebob: Creature from the Krusty Krab $5
Rock Band 2 (game only) $5

Also, if you trade this many games make sure to split them into two trades as the $20 bonus doesn't work 2x on the same trade. Ie. I received a $20 bonus on the first 5 and a $10 bonus on the next 3 and no bonus at all on the next 4. Bummer!

[quote name='cheeky']Here are some base values as of today, all for :wii:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance $6
Need for Speed Carbon $8
Crash of the Titans $7
Cars $6
Mario Party 8 $17
Price is Right $6
Cooking Mama: World Kitchen $7
MX vs. ATV: Untamed $6
Spongebob: Atlantis Squarepantis $6
Ben 10: Alien Force $5
Spongebob: Creature from the Krusty Krab $5
Rock Band 2 (game only) $5

Also, if you trade this many games make sure to split them into two trades as the $20 bonus doesn't work 2x on the same trade. Ie. I received a $20 bonus on the first 5 and a $10 bonus on the next 3 and no bonus at all on the next 4. Bummer![/QUOTE]

Go back and try to get it adjusted. However, you should always trade in ONLY the correct amount of games to get the bonus promo that gives you the best result. In other words, you should've traded in ten of those games and kept the other two until you could find a qualifying filler game to at least get the $10 bonus for trading three in.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Go back and try to get it adjusted. However, you should always trade in ONLY the correct amount of games to get the bonus promo that gives you the best result. In other words, you should've traded in ten of those games and kept the other two until you could find a qualifying filler game to at least get the $10 bonus for trading three in.[/QUOTE]

True. I usually do not trade in with Gamestop but now that I have made this mistake I will always make sure to group them into the proper amounts.

More TIVs from today
PS3
Dirt 9.00
Tom clancy's HAWX 7.00
SOCOM confrontation 2.50
Fallout 3 6.00
Rainbow six Vegas 2.50

Tom Clancy's HAWX 7.00
Wall-E 2.50
Golden Axe Beast Rider 2.50
UFC 2009 3.00
GI Joe Rise of Cobra 7.00

Wii
Sonic Unleashed 6.00
GH Van Halen 6.00
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 5.00

Got the first page updated but it appears that the game database is currently acting up. Can't pull up the game list, games through search or the pop ups from the first page.

[quote name='cheeky']True. I usually do not trade in with Gamestop but now that I have made this mistake I will always make sure to group them into the proper amounts.[/QUOTE]
I would actually try and go back and see if they could adjust the values if I were you though, since the system should have been able to do at least the two sets of five games for two $20 bonuses.

It can't hurt to try.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I would actually try and go back and see if they could adjust the values if I were you though, since the system should have been able to do at least the two sets of five games for two $20 bonuses.

It can't hurt to try.:D[/QUOTE]

I hate doing this sort of thing but I will try. Thanks for the encouragement!

You're welcome. I've had to go back a day later and as long as you're nice about it they should be able to either redo the transaction or just add the missing credit to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back