GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kevgret']Why did you only get 25% promo? My gamestop had 50% extra trade in value on all trade ins. I wonder if not all stores are running this promo?

Kevin[/QUOTE]

The trade-in deals for the past week has been Trade 3, get 20% on Trade-Ins or Get 25% for trading in towards a select game. I suspect your 50% was probably YMMV. Just curious, which state/gamestop did you trade your games in?

[quote name='Miro']The trade-in deals for the past week has been Trade 3, get 20% on Trade-Ins or Get 25% for trading in towards a select game. I suspect your 50% was probably YMMV. Just curious, which state/gamestop did you trade your games in?[/QUOTE]

I traded in at the Runnemede store in South Jersey. There was a huge banner out front saying "Extra 50% on ALL trade ins" I wasn't expecting this at all and the guy told me this was the last day for this promotion...

[quote name='kevgret']I traded in at the Runnemede store in South Jersey. There was a huge banner out front saying "Extra 50% on ALL trade ins" I wasn't expecting this at all and the guy told me this was the last day for this promotion...[/QUOTE]

Sometimes stores will do that if they're competing with Best Buy or something like that if their trade-in numbers have plummeted. It's either on a store-by-store or a market-by-market basis. For example when BB was trying out their trade in system last year in Texas, many Gamestop stores in the area were offering that.

[quote name='kevgret']Why did you only get 25% promo? My gamestop had 50% extra trade in value on all trade ins. I wonder if not all stores are running this promo?

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Gamestop's website trade-in promo page says 25%. (if used towards Black ops and a few other games)

I dunno, maybe because I allpied it towards Black Ops and not Kinetics ?

wow, im loving this powerup program.. is anybody elses' points racking up REALLY REALLY FAST??

I have had like 3 to 4 transactions add up to around 10,000 points? maybe its a promo for new power up people?

now i do spend a lot of money there but not recently, just some trades/buy used/trades/buy used. Ive also reserved, but the points shouldnt rack up that fast!

(but im not complainin' :)

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, your 50% promo must be a store/district specific promotion. It's great for you, but definitely not national.

Updated lists and database.

When posting values please try to follow these guidelines.

1) Post the system the values are for.
2) Post the base values.
3) If the base values are not listed on the receipt, please post the promo that was applied and if you had an edge/power-up card.

Did a trade at lunch today, and noticed that this store has now converted to the new receipt format, with the base price ommitted. Thankfully, all that studying I did years back for the CPA exam helped me master basic arithmetic, so I can compute them! ;-)

BASE prices, as of today:
:360: Bioshock 2 -- $7.00
:360: Lips (game only) -- $5.00
:ps3: Rock Band Metal Track Pack -- $2.50

Hadn't stepped foot in Gamestop for a few months now. Unloaded 15 games. Originally the guy did not scan one of the games and I didn't notice til I got back to the car. Thankfully I examined the receipt like I always do, walked back in and told him. He apologized and fixed it. Here's the base values for today:

:ps3: Litte Big Planet GOTY - 12.00
:ps3: Infamous - 10.00
:ps3: Cross Edge - 7.00
:ps3: Heavy Rain - 15.00
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4 - 5.00
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles - 12.00

:360: Call of Duty 2 - 2.50
:360: Dead Rising - 5.00
:360: The Godfather II - 5.00
:360: Orange Box - 5.00
:360: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - 6.00
:360: Band Hero (Game Only) - 5.00
:360: Guitar Hero 5 (Game Only) - 7.00
:360: Crackdown - 2.50
:360: Unreal Tournament III - 2.00

I got hit with one refurb fee on Call of Duty 2 but it still qualified with the promo. I'm not sure if that was always the case, but I was glad it did or else that would have thrown me completely off. Ended up with $160.20 after Promo and Powerup. Now to wait til Black Friday to see if there's any deals..

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']wow, im loving this powerup program.. is anybody elses' points racking up REALLY REALLY FAST??

I have had like 3 to 4 transactions add up to around 10,000 points? maybe its a promo for new power up people?

now i do spend a lot of money there but not recently, just some trades/buy used/trades/buy used. Ive also reserved, but the points shouldnt rack up that fast!

(but im not complainin' :)[/QUOTE]

I was on the website looking up the numbers for this. Apparently you get 20 points per dollar on trade ins and 20 points per dollar on used purchases. You only get 10 per dollar on new merchandise. So If you have traded in 250$ worth of stuff, and then turned around and bought 250$ worth of stuff with that credit (used), that is essentially 10,000 points I believe. Those 10$ and 50$ off coupons look really appealing, especially if you can save them for when a B2G1 free comes around, plus your 10% off discount with Power up. Seems pretty good!

[quote name='Gears24']I was on the website looking up the numbers for this. Apparently you get 20 points per dollar on trade ins and 20 points per dollar on used purchases. You only get 10 per dollar on new merchandise. So If you have traded in 250$ worth of stuff, and then turned around and bought 250$ worth of stuff with that credit (used), that is essentially 10,000 points I believe. Those 10$ and 50$ off coupons look really appealing, especially if you can save them for when a B2G1 free comes around, plus your 10% off discount with Power up. Seems pretty good![/QUOTE]

Is it just me or is the website for power-up rewards down? After logged in, it asks me to activate my card when I've already done, so I'm stuck at like a default log-in page. I only ask this cause I was trying to print my B2G1F coupon today but couldn't access it.

Mine is working perfectly fine. Did you complete the survey they ask you to complete after activating it? I believe you have to go through all of the prompts they give you before it allows you to access everything else. I'm not 100% sure though because that's just what I did and have not had a problem at all.

Dude these trade in promos suck. I was so looking foward to the trade in 2 select games get $40 dollars of Black Ops. I wanted to trade in MW2 and something else that I'm sure would fit the list. Also the promo for extra $10 trade in for a console came at a bad time. I traded in my ps2 last week I could of gotten an extra $10 which is great for me. PS if anyone works at gamestop or might know please pm if there is gonna be a trade in 2 for black ops.

[quote name='steve nash']they finally wised up for the 20$ tiv promo
the list is full of games that either just came out or will come out soon :([/QUOTE]

I'm going to my local Best Buy and trade a couple $30 TIV games. My son was trying to figure how he could pay for COD:BO. He can trade CODMW2 and either SSMB or Mario Party 8. I was hoping Gamestop would have a better deal, but I guess not.

Updated lists and database. Just a heads up, over the next week or two updates are going to be rather slow. Probably very few updates during the day. Got a big project that is coming up on it's due date and we are going to be extremely busy. Very little screw around time at the office unfortunately.

the list is full of games that either just came out or will come out soon :([/QUOTE]
Where are you getting this list from?
I do not see anything on their website yet.

[quote name='z24buddy']Where are you getting this list from?
I do not see anything on their website yet.[/QUOTE]

It's up there now: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/20for100/

I'm kinda torn with such low trade-in values what to do with Super Mario Galaxy 2. I can use it as part of the 3 for 10 deal, but that'll only give me 30.33 after Edge. Neither Amazon nor Best Buy seem that particularly enticing too either. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah - I just saw the same thing. I was looking for a way to pick up a couple or three of these games with my Power Up B2G1F coupon to flip back and get a game cheap. Not gonna happen with that list...

Here's the base values for today:
PSP
Metal Gear Acid2- $2.00

PS3
Lair - 2.50
Elder Scrolls IV Shivering Isles -3.00
Unreal Tournament - 1.50
Virtua Fighter 5 - 1.50

yeah I know this is a gamestop post but if you really want black ops and want to trade in some games for it go to best buy. They have most of the select games from gamestop for $30 dollars. PS the 360 select games in gamestop are fucken stupid. The ps3 gets to trade in more older games while the 360 has to mostly tradein games that have come out within the last 3 months. Thats bullshit at its finest.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but can anyone post the link for the bestbuy guarenteed $30 trade in values. I can't seem to find it on their website and I can't find it on CAG, thanks for the help.

Yep, the gamestop TIVs aren't good if your getting Black Ops. My son traded in CODMW2, Wii SSMB and Wii Pokemon for $73 in credit at Best Buy. We just pre-ordered Black Ops for the 360 for him. I'll be picking up his 360 copy and my PC copy on the 9th after work. The sad part about the trading process is they are really new at this, it took the girl 30 minutes to do 3 trades. I also had to tell her the proper UPC to input for SSMB cause it's wrong in the system.

[quote name='Gears24']Hadn't stepped foot in Gamestop for a few months now. Unloaded 15 games. Originally the guy did not scan one of the games and I didn't notice til I got back to the car. Thankfully I examined the receipt like I always do, walked back in and told him. He apologized and fixed it. Here's the base values for today:

:ps3: Heavy Rain - 15.00

[/QUOTE]

Damn I would pay $15 for some Heavy Rain, I've been trying to get my hands on this game forever,but the price never drops!

I have a few MPT games to unload, so if I trade it in I get the Base Trade in value + edge + another $20 for one of the games on the list?

What the? It seems that GS running three different deals is out to confuse the consumer.

The latest $20 guaranteed trade-in credit deal seems the worse out of the bunch too. Unless...its $20 for games that don't get it and games that would get more than $20 don't get bumped down. But, the fine print says "$20 net after trade." The weird thing too is that some of the games on the list are really recent that GS would normally give more than $20, right? Unless, GS has become stingier with their trade-in values.

Bizarre.

[quote name='superdry']What the? It seems that GS running three different deals is out to confuse the consumer.

The latest $20 guaranteed trade-in credit deal seems the worse out of the bunch too. Unless...its $20 for games that don't get it and games that would get more than $20 don't get bumped down. But, the fine print says "$20 net after trade." The weird thing too is that some of the games on the list are really recent that GS would normally give more than $20, right? Unless, GS has become stingier with their trade-in values.

Bizarre.[/QUOTE]

That's why I was asking, the last time I checked MPT had a trade in value of $25, so that plus Edge plus the promo would ring in pretty close to the $50 plus tax for Donkey Kong.

[quote name='skiizim']I have a few MPT games to unload, so if I trade it in I get the Base Trade in value + edge + another $20 for one of the games on the list?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']That's why I was asking, the last time I checked MPT had a trade in value of $25, so that plus Edge plus the promo would ring in pretty close to the $50 plus tax for Donkey Kong.[/QUOTE]

No, no. You won't get base + $20. You would just get the higher of the base or the $20. These types of promos don't stack with the base values, they just replace the base, if the base is less than $20. Examples:
- A game has a base value of $15, but is on the $20 guaranteed list. You get $20 + 10% Edge/PowerUp boost on the base value ($1.50) = $21.50
- A game has a base value of $25, also on the list. You just get the $25 base value plus 10% EdgePowerup boost on the base value ($2.50) = $27.50. You do NOT get $25 + $20 bonus + 2.50 Edge. Doesn't work that way, or else they'd be giving away free money, and you know GS hates to do that!!

[quote name='Miro']It's up there now: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/20for100/

I'm kinda torn with such low trade-in values what to do with Super Mario Galaxy 2. I can use it as part of the 3 for 10 deal, but that'll only give me 30.33 after Edge. Neither Amazon nor Best Buy seem that particularly enticing too either. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]
$20 trade-in value for Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 on both PS3 and Xbox 360...and it comes out today with a $60 price tag. What the hell?

I am really happy that FlingSmash is on the list because I wanted to get the new Wii remotes with built in motion plus and the FlingSmash bundle was only $10 more so I figured if I hated the game GS would give me at least $10 for it and now I know I'll get at least $20 plus PowerUp which means I'll be getting the Wii remotes for under $30 totally worth it since they currently take the old remotes and motion pluses separely for $20. Makes for a really cheap upgrade.

Quick question when is the latest I can trade in Madden 11 (ps3) so that I can get at least like 20-25 bucks for it? I just want to keep it as long as I can but I don't want to trade it in and then only get 5 bucks lol to get madden 12

What is it about these promos that people don't get? Yes, Dragon Ball Raging Blast is on the list to get $20 for it. It comes out today, so the base value will probably be $25. And within the next 3-4 weeks it could drop below $20. So then, as long as it hasn't been taken off the list, you get more credit with this promo. And if you're buying a game for $60, then trading it in to gamestop the same day, you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='thepoetvd776']Quick question when is the latest I can trade in Madden 11 (ps3) so that I can get at least like 20-25 bucks for it? I just want to keep it as long as I can but I don't want to trade it in and then only get 5 bucks lol to get madden 12[/QUOTE]
There's no sure way to know. It's on the $20 list now, which runs til the 24th, but the list can be changed at any time. I doubt you'll get $25 at gs for it at all anymore.

Also, if my math is correct, a base value of $16 would mean you break even on the 25% or the $20 promo. And the break even point between 3 for $10 and 25% seems to be around $12 base.

James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (360) $4
Rock Band 2 (360) $5
Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier (PSP) $5
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP) $2.50
Hot Shot Golf: Open Tee 2 (PSP) $3
Dark Void (360) $3
Battlefield: Bad Company (360) $2.50
Where the Wild Things (360) $3
Aliens vs Predator (360) $8
Last Remnant (360) $4
Condemned 2: Bloodshot (360) $2.50
Dead to Rights: Retribution (360) $10
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (360) $10
Left 4 Dead (360) $3

Has anyone tried trading in the Rock Band track packs? I know Family Dollar had a bunch of them for $5. Figured if they happen to still be over $1.50 (doubt it), it would be a great way to get the codes from some of them and still make out in the end.

Base TiVs for 11/2/10:

:360: BioShock - $4.00
:360: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $6.00
:360: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $4.00

:360: 20GB HD - $10.00
:360: Wired Microphone - $3.75

Also updated the game TiVs on the tracker. Couldn't find the accessories.

Updated lists and database. When it comes to hardware it isn't currently in the tracker. They are working on a specific way of getting them loaded. With all the different revisions and items to track it on sites and in the tracker isn't simplest item.

All from today:

:ps3:

Rock Band 2 - $3.00
Green Day Rock Band - $10.00
Grand Theft Auto IV - $5.00
Grand Theft Auto EFLC - $10.00
Scene It: Bright Lights Big Screen - $4.00

:ds:

Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - $3.00

:wii:

Monster Hunter Tri - $10.00

Total was $45.00 base but with the two $10 bumps and another $10 bump on Monster Hunter going toward LBP 2 I got $80.54 after PowerUp, and since I had LBP 2 pre-ordered that was just enough to pay off my collector's edition. This was fantastic IMO.

Edit: Plus this equated to almost another 2500 points in PowerUpRewards, I'm almost at 10,000 Boo-Ya!!!

360 Sacred 2 - $5 (-2)

And that'll be the fourth time I've bought and traded it. In about a week I'll want to play it again.

These are from today:

iconpsp_r2.gif

Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL: $4.00
Star Ocean: First Departure: $3.00
Star Ocean: Second Evolution: $6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back