GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated lists and database. I really need to go to one of my local gamestops to see if they have started switching Edge to PowerUp. I need to create FAQ items for that as well. Just been too busy.

[quote name='JP']Updated lists and database. I really need to go to one of my local gamestops to see if they have started switching Edge to PowerUp. I need to create FAQ items for that as well. Just been too busy.[/QUOTE]

I could have swore I read something online a week ago saying that all their stores now have power up.

Here, is this what you are talking about?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ga...up-series-car-2010-10-21?reflink=MW_news_stmp

[quote name='letallis']All X360 (base)

Kameo - $1
Godfather 2 - $5
CoD MW2 - $14
Banjo-Kazooie: N&B - $5
X360 Wireless Controller $11
X360 20GB HDD - $10
X360 Console W/ Wireless Controller - $45
X360 Wired Headset - $5

I got an extra $10 on the console and an extra $3.34 on MW2, Godfather 2, and Banjo-Kazooie since I put it towards Black Ops. I don't really understand how the Black Ops promo worked though, since it gave me over 50% bonus TIV on Banjo and Godfather, and a (just about) 25% bonus on MW2 (like it was supposed to). Oh well, not going to complain :)[/QUOTE]

You can trade in wired headsets?! I didn't know this! I got a bunch of them! :D

I dunno why I even go to gamestop. Every time i get pissed at something.

Trading stuff in, them not ringing up one of the items, then denying that the item was given to them and refusing to give it back.

Also this store was not telling people about the trade 3 get $10 deal, they were telling people at the register that they got a "free pre-order" with their trades and applying the $10 bonus to that pre-order.

Holy shit, I'm going to Kmart

[quote name='jer7583']I dunno why I even go to gamestop. Every time i get pissed at something.

Trading stuff in, them not ringing up one of the items, then denying that the item was given to them and refusing to give it back.

Also this store was not telling people about the trade 3 get $10 deal, they were telling people at the register that they got a "free pre-order" with their trades and applying the $10 bonus to that pre-order.

Holy shit, I'm going to Kmart[/QUOTE]

Wow that,s shady..that deserves reporting to a dm or corporate.

lol not worth the time. Corporate doesn't care if a store is getting pre-orders.

What are they going to do, get them in trouble for getting pre-orders?

They'll probably start making it a company-wide policy. Instead of bonuses on trades it'll be "trade 3 games get a free pre-order on game of your choice"

[quote name='jer7583']lol not worth the time. Corporate doesn't care if a store is getting pre-orders.

What are they going to do, get them in trouble for getting pre-orders?

They'll probably start making it a company-wide policy. Instead of bonuses on trades it'll be "trade 3 games get a free pre-order on game of your choice"[/QUOTE]

Lol true!

[quote name='Gears24']I traded in 15 games and got a 50$ bonus. As long as it qualifies, it doesn't matter how many you trade in.[/QUOTE]

In the past though many Gamestop store computers flub up the transaction when its more than 9 games at once though so check your receipt before you exit the store.

for the:

Wireless Headset - $9.50 (8/12/10)

is there any wire required to trade this in? because I just came across an old one I haven't used in forever while organizing but don't have the little wire it came with (I think to charge it?)

11/05 values

Xbox 360
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires $2.00
Armored Core 4 $2.50
Medal of Honor Airborne $3
Monsters vs. Aliens $5
Amped $1.50

PS3
Brutal Legend $4

DS
Balls of Fury $0.50

PSP
God of War Ghost of Sparta $15

[quote name='jkircos']Sorry if this has been asked, but for a PSP do you need to include the charger? If you don't have it, what do they do?[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to come with it so if it's like a missing/broken battery they'll knock off the value by whatever they estimate it's TIV (i.e. $20 for a PSP battery deducted from TIV)

[quote name='jkircos']Sorry if this has been asked, but for a PSP do you need to include the charger? If you don't have it, what do they do?[/QUOTE]

uh, just buy a used charger or snag a cheap one off Amazon or EBay

Why does gamestop.com suck so much p3nis now? It won't let me use 10% EDGE discount with a coupon like it used to. When did this start happening?

Sorry, kind of off topic, but this just sucks.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Why does gamestop.com suck so much p3nis now? It won't let me use 10% EDGE discount with a coupon like it used to. When did this start happening?

Sorry, kind of off topic, but this just sucks.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this too, but nobody replied to my post either. I called their customer service and they told me that it has "NEVER" been able to stack and that it has "ALWAYS" been one or the other. :roll:

[quote name='boogie4114']Traded in last night (Base)

Final Fantasy XIII- $9.00
Medal of Honor- $25.00
Battlefield:Bad Company 2-$11.00

All PS3[/QUOTE]

Could of got a $30 gc for BBC2 at Best Buy.

I want to trade in my Gamecube, but what do I need with it?

I have the system, power cable, and audio/video cables. Is it needed that I include a controller because I can't find any. >_

[quote name='MasterYensid']I noticed this too, but nobody replied to my post either. I called their customer service and they told me that it has "NEVER" been able to stack and that it has "ALWAYS" been one or the other. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Wow, they are either flat out lying to their customers, misinformed, or just ignorant.

LOL, if they wanted to see them stack, they could look at the 25+ orders I placed last year on Gamestop.com, when they were giving out coupon codes like crazy.

Thanks for calling them at least and thanks for replying to my post, so now I know I'm not the only one with this "error."

TIV this afternoon
All for PS3 Base before current promo/edge

FFXIII- 10
Simpsons Game- 6
Prototype- 7
Just Cause 2- 10
SW: Force Unleashed - 8

Traded a few games today, Base TIV below was the only one that's changed from the current database:

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (Xbox 360): $7.00

[quote name='Deuce-']I want to trade in my Gamecube, but what do I need with it?

I have the system, power cable, and audio/video cables. Is it needed that I include a controller because I can't find any. >_

I forgot to post these the other day, base values from 11/3...

:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes - $8
:ps3: Bioshock 2 - $7
:ps3: Bayonetta - $5

:360: Rock Band 2 - $5
:360: Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $6
:360: Guitar Hero Metallica - $7

[quote name='aj slick']Could of got a $30 gc for BBC2 at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the $27.50 he got for it at GameStop instead is criminal. :roll:

[quote name='aj slick']Could of got a $30 gc for BBC2 at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Don't post this kind of crap here. Please and thanks.

[quote name='Survivalism']Don't post this kind of crap here. Please and thanks.[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone else who was gonna trade it in at GS will now trade it to BB, thus getting more credit. So what i'm saying is, to someone else, this might be helpful. I noticed you like to pounce on people as soon as you get the chance, like some other people on this site. How about you just worry about yourself...please and thanks!

[quote name='lude21']Maybe someone else who was gonna trade it in at GS will now trade it to BB, thus getting more credit. So what i'm saying is, to someone else, this might be helpful. I noticed you like to pounce on people as soon as you get the chance, like some other people on this site. How about you just worry about yourself...please and thanks![/QUOTE]

It actually isnt helpful. The 30$ tradein is for the Ultimate Edition from what I can see through BestBuy tradein. BBC2 trades in for 10$ at BestBuy.

Im glad he shared information like this cause I was gonna tradein BBC2 to GS or Amazon, but saw his post and immediately checked the online.

Traded in 2 PS2s and a GC today.

In order to get the extra $10, each one needed it's own transaction...just a heads up to save ya some time!

and I asked them to look up the GBA SP TIV... $15 base

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']If someone could ascertain the current trade-in value for a used PSP phat (1000) I'd greatly appreciate it![/QUOTE]

the phone is a wonderous thing....

Traded in some games toward Black Ops today and walked away with more than I was expecting thanks to the manager combining the 3 applicable offers (25% toward COD, $20 toward COD, $10 for 3 games) to every game even though they aren't supposed to be combined.

:360: NCAA Football 11-$20 with the bonus for reserving COD ($27)
:360: L4D2-$8 ($10.80)
:360: Forza 3-$8 ($10.80)
:ps3: MLB 10 The Show-$11 ($14.85)

I'll be picking my copy up at midnight for a grand total of 14 cents.

Today's trade in's

Truth or Lies (PS3) - 5.00
Fallout 3 (PS3) - 6.00
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) - 3.00
Hasbro Family Game Night (Wii) - 3.00
HDMI Cable - 5.25

In the FAQ, this needs to be added:

Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)

The wireless controller must come with the battery pack adapter to allow AA batteries to be used. If you include a 360 battery, it must come with a charger.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Closing times and time zones are even lovelier[/QUOTE]

amazing how phones can call to the west coast...even Hawaii....

[quote name='Deuce-']Anyone trade in old xbox 360 controllers? Are they strict on them because my controllers have loose joysticks and sticky buttons.[/QUOTE]

Some people will check for that. I had that happen to me once. Either comeback another time and try to get someone else or go to a different store.

[quote name='yruluis']What do they check when you trade-in a 360?[/QUOTE]
Depends upon the store. The basics are warranty seal intact, if it powers on, any RROD (which disqualify it from trade entirely), controller works with it, if the tray opens/closes properly and most stores will play around 5-15 minutes of a game. The amount of time normally depends upon how busy they are and how large of a store it is. Other GameStops that are setup for it will try to take it online to see if the network connectivity works and to see if it has been banned from Xbox Live.

[quote name='JP']Depends upon the store. The basics are warranty seal intact, if it powers on, any RROD (which disqualify it from trade entirely), controller works with it, if the tray opens/closes properly and most stores will play around 5-15 minutes of a game. The amount of time normally depends upon how busy they are and how large of a store it is. Other GameStops that are setup for it will try to take it online to see if the network connectivity works and to see if it has been banned from Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

I should I expect a hit in the TIV or no trade at all? Also, thanks for the answer.

[quote name='yruluis']What do they check when you trade-in a 360?[/QUOTE]

IF they are not busy, they check by inserting a game that uses all controller aspects and loads fast...
But I have seen them merely turn one on when they were slammed during last year's holidays...
So go in prepared for a thorough check...

On my PS2 fat they loaded a blue disc game as fatty's disc drives that are nearing the end of their life tend not to play blue discs first before dying...learned this yesterday...
and for the Op, a PS2 fatty must have the expansion bay door...I'll be looking for one of those today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back