GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
11/17
PS3

Red Dead Redemption - $16.00
Bioshock 2 - $5.00
Assassins Creed 2 - $5.00

I lucked out today, was going to trade these in to get the extra $10.00 to put towards a new copy of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, when I got there they already had a used copy for $47.99, also with a fresh online pass code to boot. Saved myself 20 bucks.

Does anyone know if the value of the Xbox Slim has dropped much since the september value of $180? Thanks :) I'll probably stop by tomorrow, so either way I'll give an update if no one else can.

COD MW - $2 ??!! that's amazing considering Best Buy was offering $30 last week. That's the biggest TIV difference i've ever seen! WOW

[quote name='Toss']COD MW - $2 ??!! that's amazing considering Best Buy was offering $30 last week. That's the biggest TIV difference i've ever seen! WOW[/QUOTE]

most likely the first game.

[quote name='Toss']COD MW - $2 ??!! that's amazing considering Best Buy was offering $30 last week. That's the biggest TIV difference i've ever seen! WOW[/QUOTE]

Must have been REALLY scratched-up! Damn kids...:rofl:

Traded (all PS3):

Resistance: Fom: $2.50
Wet: $6
Dragon Age: Origins: $7

Yeah notice he said MW, not MW 2. Yeah that's COD 4; Gamestop sells it used for $15 and they have to have a bunch of copies in the system so that doesn't surprise me. MW 2 is still around $40 used and I think they give in the teens for it.

Burnout Paradise: 5
LEGO Batman: 2
Pure: 1
DeadSpace: 5
Super Mario Galaxy 2: 25

I used all those trades for AC Brotherhood and for some reason, it kept wanting to give me the 10 dollar bonus on SMG2 instead on one of the lower priced games, so the cashier had to work around it and ring it up separately, I spent over 30 minutes in the store because she couldn't change it.

Is Halo Reach REALLY $35 trade in base or did someone screw up posting it?

Edit: Got my answer. Someone got a Power Trade bump and can't do math properly. Thanks.

[quote name='dominator']Burnout Paradise: 5
LEGO Batman: 2
Pure: 1
DeadSpace: 5
Super Mario Galaxy 2: 25

I used all those trades for AC Brotherhood and for some reason, it kept wanting to give me the 10 dollar bonus on SMG2 instead on one of the lower priced games, so the cashier had to work around it and ring it up separately, I spent over 30 minutes in the store because she couldn't change it.[/QUOTE]

There are coupon codes for the power trades. They override any trade value the system will try to do automatically. If she had scanned that code, it would have worked fine.

Trade Ins for 11/18/2010

(360) - Battlefield Bad Company 2 - 9.00

(Wii)

Marble Saga Kororinpa - 3.00
Madworld - 2.00
Tetris Party Deluxe - 9.00
Little King Story - 7.00
Boom Blox Bash Party - 6.00

Today's trade in values
DS
Jake Hunter Detective Chronicles $1.50
Glory of Heracles $2.50
PSP
Mega Man Powered Up $4
Final Fantasy Dissidia $6
Final Fantasy Tactics $4

Earth Defense Force $3
Xbox Headset $5
Timeshift $1.50
Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3 $2

Wii
Tenchu $3
Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 3 $8 (!!!)

I really didn't wanna ditch most of this stuff, but I needed a new Xbox.

Just an update to my post.. I went to Gamestop today and asked about the trade in price for the :360: Xbox 360 S 250GB Console and was told that their system gave a base of $170. So it hasn't gone down much at all :)

All 11/17, all 360, base TIV:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 6.00
Bee Movie 3.00
Iron Man 4.00
Qubed 2.50
Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader 4.00
Ghostbusters 3.00

After Edge & bonus I ended up getting a used copy of Kinectimals for my kid for a net of -$.60

Not sure if this is old news or not, but if you click the new "pick-up@store" option for a used game on gamestop.com, you can find out the in-store price. Helpful since you could never really figure out the in-store price for used games that took a $10-20 drop in price. No more guessing!

11/18 values

iconps3.gif
Assassin's Creed 2 - $6
iconxbox360.gif
Endwar - $2
iconwii.gif
WW2 Aces - $6

TIV for today, 11/19 (All PS3)

Fallout 3: $6.00
Assassins Creed: $3.00
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift: $8.00
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: $7.00
Split/Second: $10.00
Blur: $15.00

Xbox360:

Transformers RotF: $7
Eternal Sonata: $7
Dead Rising: $4
GTA 4: $5
ElderScroll Oblivion: $3

Megaman Zero collection (DS): $8

Twilight Princess (GC): $11.75

They charged me a $3 refurb fee on Zelda...and they even tax the refurb fee?? wow...

Finally they sent my b2g1 free coupon for the powerup card problem is the coupon is good for in store use is there a way to get the b2g1 coupon to work online?

[quote name='CGH']Finally they sent my b2g1 free coupon for the powerup card problem is the coupon is good for in store use is there a way to get the b2g1 coupon to work online?[/QUOTE]

I'm with you there.

TIV Yesterday

Singularity (x360): $17
Dead Rising 2(X360): $23
Way Of the Samurai (PS3): $10
Half Life 2 Orange box (PS3): $11
Wolfenstein (PS3): $6
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3): $6

[quote name='CGH']Finally they sent my b2g1 free coupon for the powerup card problem is the coupon is good for in store use is there a way to get the b2g1 coupon to work online?[/QUOTE]

You could have gone onto the powerups rewards site logged in and went t my account and active offers to get a print out as well.

I called customer service the b2g1 free coupon is good for in store use only I asked if he could send a coupon to use online he said he could not do it. They made me wait almost one month to get my coupon only to find out I cannot use the damn thing on their website they asked me to link my powerup rewards account to my gamestop.com account I did when I log in to my gamestop.com account my powerup rewards points is visible so why can't I use the b2g1 free coupon on their fuck website? The games I want to buy are not in stock in stores near me the games are in stock on gamestop.com I apologize for venting I am angry they added insult to injury fuck

[quote name='CGH']I called customer service the b2g1 free coupon is good for in store use only I asked if he could send a coupon to use online he said he could not do it. They made me wait almost one month to get my coupon only to find out I cannot use the damn thing on their website they asked me to link my powerup rewards account to my gamestop.com account I did when I log in to my gamestop.com account my powerup rewards points is visible so why can't I use the b2g1 free coupon on their fuck website? The games I want to buy are not in stock in stores near me the games are in stock on gamestop.com I apologize for venting I am angry they added insult to injury fuck[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it. The Gamestop.com games are typically in ass condition anyway and usually need to be exchanged in store. This might be saving you a headache.

Some old and new values. All base before bonuses:

11/16
:ps2:
Shadow of the Colossus $4.75

11/19
:360:
Halo ODST $6
Planet 51 $5
Rock Band 2 $4
Half Life 2 $5
Raiden Fighters Aces $3

:wii:
WWII Aces $6
Tony Hawk Proving Grounds $4

:ds:
New International Track and Field $1
Scribblenauts $9

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rozz']I wouldn't worry about it. The Gamestop.com games are typically in ass condition anyway and usually need to be exchanged in store. This might be saving you a headache.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I have never once gotten a game from GS.com that I kept. Best case scenario, the disc is in good shape, but you won't get the case and/or manual. More than likely, though, the disc will be completely unreadable.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']QFT. I have never once gotten a game from GS.com that I kept. Best case scenario, the disc is in good shape, but you won't get the case and/or manual. More than likely, though, the disc will be completely unreadable.[/QUOTE]

mine have always come complete in good condition

You're definitely in the minority. It is well known that the games that get shipped out from GS.com are basically the defective ones that stores ship to the company. Many of them often have labels on them to reflect as much.

today

x360
stranglehold 1.00
alone in the dark 1.00
conan 1.50

Does any know if these prices will qualify these games for any known/future promos?

Base TIVs for the following traded today (11/20/2010); Some are revised values, others are just up-to-date refreshes for the TIVs currently listed by the OP:

:wii:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - $2.00
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - $ 12.00
Wii MotionPlus Accessory - $6.00

:psp:
Metal Gear Acid 2 - $2.00
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception - $4.00
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - $2.50

:ds:
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $2.50

:ps2:
PS2 System (Slim) - $25.00