Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1st

the more I see the more I like, the more I hear the more I love!  I can't wait to see this, now to just find the time or beg the Wife to go with me?

I'm definitely going to see it again this weekend, if not just for the extra scene.

Hopefully I'll get more pairs of 3D glasses. If you guys get a pair and don't want them, let me know! The ones I'm missing are Star-Lord, Gamora, and Rocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
not a stupid question.  It should work for two reasons.

1- Disney owns Marvel hence this is a "Disney movie" without the Disney castle logo animation.....

2- The tickets act like pre-paid CC's.  If the employee knows how to process these tickets, it should not be a problem...other wise a manager will be needed to do it for him...sometimes both manager and employee can't figure it out and just give you a ticket and throw out the coupon....making it still useable!  The system has no way of discriminating between a marvel/Disney movie and a Sony movie.

I'm definitely going to see it again this weekend, if not just for the extra scene.

Hopefully I'll get more pairs of 3D glasses. If you guys get a pair and don't want them, let me know! The ones I'm missing are Star-Lord, Gamora, and Rocket.
Now what theater chain is giving those out? I am seeing it in AMC IMAX tomorrow at 7pm so there better be some pins. :D

Now what theater chain is giving those out? I am seeing it in AMC IMAX tomorrow at 7pm so there better be some pins. :D
AMC SHOULD be giving out the glasses, that's where I went to the screening.

The pins will only be given out to AMC Stubs members.. best of luck to whatever you get, I don't want to pay the $8 for the AMC Stubs membership.. I should look into it, though.

So the after credit scene has something to do with Howard the Duck. If that's true that kinda lame.
Nah. That's a rumor that has been floating around for a while.

I've also heard it's in the background scene with the Collector, but I didn't notice it while I was watching. To be honest, there were so many things in that scene, it was easy to miss things in the background.

Well the scene is posted on line but being quickly pulled. Rumors are correct. .. Howard does say something but it wasn't very clear in the video. His appearance is more of that of the comic than the 80s movie... some people might get it, others won't.

I was a member until we stopped going and they jacked the price up on their membership and added reserved seating to all their screens.

AMC SHOULD be giving out the glasses, that's where I went to the screening.

The pins will only be given out to AMC Stubs members.. best of luck to whatever you get, I don't want to pay the $8 for the AMC Stubs membership.. I should look into it, though.

I hope I can go see this Friday, it is getting rave reviews right now too so it makes me want to see it even more. :D

Just came back from the movie and it was pretty awesome. I didn't get any cool glasses since they just had plain black ones but I did get a pretty cool poster. Its funny there are a couple of them already on eBay.

I have to admit, I was getting choked up during a couple of scenes.

Just got back from my showing and I'll have to say I really enjoyed it. Batista did good work and I believe has some of the most quotable lines in the film.

Same here ... got back from the IMAX Showing. No collectible glasses. Ended up getting 2 posters and 4 pins..... yes it did have imax ratio scenes. Lets hope that the blu ray release keeps that or else we are going to have a problem.

is it me, or did HTD sound like Biff from BTTF?

Honestly they should have had Chip Zien do the voice or make him closely resemble the 80's movie version.  A lot of people were just confused at the scene and very few "got it" as not many people know who Howard is.  Now seriously I think an appearance by ALF would have drawn a huge laugh but I don't think that's possible due to rights issues.

Now seriously I think an appearance by ALF would have drawn a huge laugh but I don't think that's possible due to rights issues.
Actually, ALF doe *sorta* make an appearance. There's some ALF stickers in the background in one of the scenes...

No glasses? Seriously? That couldn't have been something they only did for early screenings.
No glasses at mine either. Which means I'll have to get a set off of eBay as I must have a set, as I have the Avengers set and Iron Man 3 set.

No glasses at mine either. Which means I'll have to get a set off of eBay as I must have a set, as I have the Avengers set and Iron Man 3 set.
Yeah.. I was really hoping to buy or trade with someone off of here, but it looks like I'm going to have to go the eBay route as well.

I'll probably wait a few weeks as the sets right now are going for expensive prices. The avengers and iron man 3 sets were much cheaper about a month after release.

The only thing I'm worried about is what if these were only for early screenings? If that's the case, then a month down the road, they may not even be available.

Went and watched it again this morning and saw a number of items I missed the first time around. A number of them in The Collector's area. I wouldn't mind seeing a Rocket/Groot movie or even some animated adventures of the two. Maybe make short 10 minute animated movies of those two to use as preloaders to Marvel movies or something.

The only thing I'm worried about is what if these were only for early screenings? If that's the case, then a month down the road, they may not even be available.
I just can't justify what the full sets are going for personally. I don't want to pay more than $8 per item, and that's at most really if I'm buying a completely. If I only needed a specifc one I'd pay a little more. One full set just went for around $80. Screw that, same thing happened right after the Avengers movie came out too.

I don't get the final credit? Are they rebooting that shit?

Nebula was cool as shit I'd fucks wit dat

I really hate how AMC/Regal hypes on their pages about the glasses, yet they aren't even offered during the early preview showings.... My theory is that they either don't distribute them to all theaters or just save it for the Friday night showings only.

Anyways, I can't blame the director for trying with that end scene.  There just wasn't enough awareness for the fans to find it amusing.  Again if it was ALF , a lot of people would have picked up on it as pretty much everyone even today's kids who ALF is...but howard the duck?  I don't think anyone wants to remember. 

As for rebooting...again not enough awareness or demand for a reboot for Howard.

Saw this last night and enjoyed it. Not as good as WInter Solider but had great characters and fun addition to the Marvel U.

I was hoping for a end credit scene of Adam Warlock's cocoon but we got that guy instead =(

Aren't you guys glad they kept the Rocket crotch grab in the movie? I guess the studio let it go because it was from a Raccoon and not a human.

So I've been reading around a few places and the reviews they have, there seems to be some hate towards Batista. While he isn't a great actor I thought he did really well in the role of Drax and had some great moments in the film. I wonder if these reviewers either 1) took the film way too seriously 2) came in with a hate on since he was/is a wrestler 3) watched a completely different movie.

Yeah I don't get the hate with batista I don't like wrestling but he wasn't bad. I still think the original casting of Drax would have been god damn awesome batista did a good job

Just wondering would the fans accepted the rock as Drax?
I wouldn't have for a few reasons. At this point The Rock is a bit too well known and would've tried to throw his own blend of humor on the character. Also, I've read and seen a few interviews with Batista about the movie and he just seemed really excited to have gotten the part and worked and did whatever was asked of him. Something about that will endear a guy to you. The Rock's been at it long enough now I just don't see him having the same excitement for it.

I'd say that the majority of the casting in this movie was spot on. It's always good to see Lee Pace and Rooker is pretty much gold in anything he does. I'd say that's something Marvel has fairly consistently done since Iron Man, getting a pretty damn good cast for each of their movies. Even the ones where people were skeptical ended up being pretty good choices.

So IGN just confirmed that Seth Green of Buffy/robot chicken was the voice of Howard in the end cr edits scene. Hmmm.

well, I was supposed to see this last night with my fiance for date night but that fell through, now it might be 2 weeks before I have a chance to see it.  fuck

Really like it too. Funny as hell, great action scenes, and had some killer lines in it. Overall GREAT summer movie. 

Also had no idea Lee Pace was Ronan. Figured that out during his first scene and was like holy shit thats Joe from Halt and Catch Fire!!! (great show if you havent watched it, comes on AMC.)

So IGN just confirmed that Seth Green of Buffy/robot chicken was the voice of Howard in the end cr edits scene. Hmmm.
I thought that voice sounded familiar.

Also had no idea Lee Pace was Ronan. Figured that out during his first scene and was like holy shit thats Joe from Halt and Catch Fire!!! (great show if you havent watched it, comes on AMC.)
I saw his name in the credits at the beginning and was trying to figure out where he would be in the film. When he showed up on screen it was funny for me, the Piemaker is the bringer of death and destruction!

On the earlier subject of 3D glasses, I also came across that apparently Thor 2 and Cap 2 had sets of glasses as well. Never even seen them offered anywhere. Part of me is like screw getting them since I originally didn't even know they existed, the other part of me demands that I get a complete set of each. Of course I've already located and purchased a set of each. I couldn't help myself. I think I might have a problem.

I was looking at the box office numbers for the movie so far and the Thursday/Friday opening pulled in $37.95 million. I thought Marvel was over reaching when they were looking at $70 million opener. Some places are saying it could get anywhere form $90-100 million on opening weekend. Marvel it seems can do no wrong in the cinema space. That's gotta piss DC off to no end.

Really solid, fun movie but hardly the second coming so many reviewers have made it out to be.

I was actually MORE excited to find out my theater is showing Raiders of the Lost Ark next Tues. 

when groot stabbed drax in the chest was that supposed to be a pulp fiction nod? The whole needle in the breast plate and then she vomits up the snorted heroine.

I thought that was gonna give drax like super kick ass powers or something you know drinking celestial ooze but no

when groot stabbed drax in the chest was that supposed to be a pulp fiction nod? The whole needle in the breast plate and then she vomits up the snorted heroine.

I thought that was gonna give drax like super kick ass powers or something you know drinking celestial ooze but no
Thanx for the spoilers doe.

I think they might have Howard in some other people's movies like Doctor Strange and maybe even Ant-Man or something. Maybe they'll do something wit the Duck in phase 4, like have him team up with Squirrel Girl and Adam Warlock.

bread's done
Back