Guess the Game from the Screenshot

[quote name='Backlash']C is Battletoads[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']J is a Police Quest game. I'm thinking the VGA remake of PQ1.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='ferant316']E is Final Fantasy Tactics, such a memorable ending.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Rodimus']You guys are half right about A. It's defiantly the ending to Super C. I've completed that game countless times as a kid.

H is Earthworm Jim.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Backlash']B looks to be Peasant's Quest[/QUOTE]

All correct, which leaves D, F, G, and I. Happy someone recognized Peasant's Quest, I miss HSR...

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Is F Jaws?

Stupid shell collecting.[/QUOTE]
Yup, and your reward after all that was one of most anti-climatic endings (even for an NES game). Nostalgia goggles still make me want to replay it someday though.

[quote name='ferant316']Oh G is Super Mario Sunshine! And I keeps making me think of Persona 4 but I know it's not that.[/QUOTE]
Correct, it's funny how a slightly obscure shot from a common game can get such a different response.

Here are the only two remaining, I'll post clues later on today if they stagnate.

D)
8782670319_2bba0009ef.jpg

I)
8789254912_e90ea8acb0.jpg

Alright, hint time:
D) The spiritual predecessor of a popular PS3 exclusive (should be direct enough)

I) Was on the N64 (that limits it to 1 out of 387, right?)

I'll spoil the last two here for the curious, I'll post more when I can:

D) Indigo Prophecy / Fahrenheit. The picture was taken from the PC version, not sure if the PS2 and Xbox versions had the same graphic in the ending.

I) Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

[quote name='sp00ge']4 is Balloon Kid[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='pitfallharry219']3 is Toki Tori. I think 5 is That's So Raven. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes and congrats on guessing That's So Raven. You are know CAGs offical That's So Raven gamer. Wear the title proudly.

[quote name='Backlash']6 looks like Final Fantasy Legend.[/QUOTE]

Close, but no

Ya know what, I'm wrong. Backlash is right. That is FF Legend. I did search for FF Adventure and must've grabbed the wrong screen. My mistake

But a fun fact about FF Legend and Adventure is none of them are really Final Fantasy games. The FF Legend series are the first games in the SaGa series while Adventure is the start of Seiken Densetsu, the first Secret of Mana.

I was gonna say... FFA has the health bar and stuff at the bottom of the screen, so I figured you pulled a fast one and was showing a screen of FFL2 or FFL3. :lol:

[quote name='FOnewearl']8 Todd's Adventure In Slime World[/QUOTE]

Yes

That leaves: #1 #2 #7

Hints:
Game Gear game based off a popular Sega franchise
GBA game that quite possibly has the worst box art ever
Neo Geo Pocket Color game. There really isn't that many so guessing should be easy

Last edited by a moderator:
My knowledge of handhelds is severely lacking, so the only one I knew was Toki Tori. 2 reminds me of Micro Machines, but I don't think that's even close.

Also Rodimus, every time I see your custom title, I think about Crow from MST3K.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Also Rodimus, every time I see your custom title, I think about Crow from MST3K.[/QUOTE]

That's actually where I got it from. I love me some MST3K.

[quote name='Rodimus']That's actually where I got it from. I love me some MST3K.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, so I'm not crazy after all. I used to love watching MST3K back in the day, had to stay up pretty late to see it when it was on Comedy Central.

[quote name='Rodimus']Yes

That leaves: #1 #2 #7

Hints:
Game Gear game based off a popular Sega franchise
GBA game that quite possibly has the worst box art ever
Neo Geo Pocket Color game. There really isn't that many so guessing should be easy
[/QUOTE]

7 is Dark Arms: Beast Busters

One of the many NGPC games I picked up when they were liquidated.

3 == Bible Adventures. Specifically, Baby Moses.

I actually have/had this game as a kid.  My dad wanted people to believe he was super religious (passive aggressive much? he wasn't as religious as he let on and horrible childhood and blah blah blah) and got him to buy it for me because "look, it's religious!" :lol:

1) Rap Jam
Correct. For bonus points, what was the subtitle?
3 == Bible Adventures. Specifically, Baby Moses.
Yep. For bonus invisible points, what happens if you get to the end without Baby Moses (likely because you threw him in the river)?

Also, here's a hint for #2: it's for the Jaguar.

Bonus point question: What are those grey things?

Correct. For bonus points, what was the subtitle?
Yep. For bonus invisible points, what happens if you get to the end without Baby Moses (likely because you threw him in the river)?

Also, here's a hint for #2: it's for the Jaguar.

Bonus point question: What are those grey things?
There's an end to any of the Bible Adventure games?!!??!

1780 is TMNT Turtles in Time.

BTW, the middle screenshot from my set was Aircar for the Atari Jaguar. The grey blobs were supposed to be smoke and/or explosions.

1786 is BurgerTime: World Tour.  1783 reminds me of something I'd see in Metal Gear Solid (2, 3, 4?) during one of the history monologues, I don't think that's it though.

1789 Punch-Out!!
Correct.

1780 is TMNT Turtles in Time.
Correct.

1782 - Shadow Dancer

1784 - City Connection
Both correct.

1786 is BurgerTime: World Tour. 1783 reminds me of something I'd see in Metal Gear Solid (2, 3, 4?) during one of the history monologues, I don't think that's it though.
1786 is correct. 1783 is not a Metal Gear game.

1776 makes me want to say Parasite Eve?
Nope, it's not Parasite Eve.

No more guesses?  How about some hints:

1776 is from a popular Japanese franchise, but this screenshot comes from the only one in the series to be released in the US.  I also changed the screenshot to make the game more recognizable.

1777 is a Dreamcast game.

1778 is from the opening movie and is on the back box art of this game.

1779 I thought would be an easy one, so no hint yet.

1781 is a Sega CD game.

1783 is a strategy game.

1785 has a thread discussing it with over 100 posts in it on CAG.

1787 is the only Japan exclusive game in this set.

1788 is an arcade game from the 90s that got a Wii port.

1790 was released on multiple platforms in multiple regions and as far as I could tell, every release has the Statue of Liberty on the box art.

bread's done
Back