Guess the Game from the Sound Clip

1. No answer yet
2. Megaman 3 Password Screen (BlueWingX)
3. No answer yet
4. StartropicsBoss (DMFunk)
5. No answer yet
6. No answer yet
7. No answer yet

Does anyone else but me have a problem when listening to number 5? It sounds fine when I listen to it on my desktop, but when I click on it here, it has a timpani going instead of a high hat.

I'm gonna take a couple whacks at this. The only one I knew for sure was already said(Mega Man 3).

But I'm gonna guess:

1) Demon Sword
3) Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (ending music)

Dammit, 1 is sooooo familiar, but I can't place it.
6 sounds like some of the Crystalis mustic.
7 is familiar too, but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks again for listening to my moronic guesses... :D

Just received a bunch of SNES clips from BlueWingX. I'll post these as round 6 after this one closes.

By the way, I forgot to mention that all of My Name Is BoB's midi clips are from NES games. I'll second Whambamm's guess on #1 - kinda reminds of TMNT...

Time for some more hints

1. It has the river city ransom characters in it
3. Look left
5. The main character shoots ice from his mouth and wears red ear muffs
6. The third of a popular side scroller beat em up
7. A zapper game in space

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']Time for some more hints

5. The main character shoots ice from his mouth and wears red ear muffs
[/QUOTE]

Kickle Cubicle???

1. It has the river city ransom characters in it
3. Look left
5. Kickle Cubicle Boss Battle (BlueWingX)
6. The third of a popular side scroller beat em up
7. A zapper game in space

1. It has the river city ransom characters in it, some would call it futbol.
3. Startropics2 Boss Victory(Whambamm)
6. Double Dragon III Italy (Whambamm)
7. A zapper game in space, you go to the 3rd planet from the sun.

1. Nintendo World Cup (s1eepinglionhart)
3. Startropics2 Boss Victory(Whambamm)
6. Double Dragon III Italy (Whambamm)
7. To the Earth Main (s1eepinglionhart)

That's all of them. Thanks for playing!

Thanks for hosting the round MNIBoB. It's pretty cool that you sequenced these yourself.

Round 6 is now on! Hosted by BlueWingX, and the theme is SNES. Check OP for the clips.

4 Starfox
7 Megaman X
8 Harvest Moon
10 Super Metroid
12 Mystical Ninja
13 Mario Paint
14 Super Punch Out
15 F-Zero
16 Castlevania IV (I think)
19 Zelda Link to the Past
21 Super Mario Kart
23 TinStar
24 Kirby's Dreamland 3

6 is Chrono Trigger.
9 is Final Fantasy II (or IV, or whatever you want to call it. You know what I'm talking about.)
18 is Secret of Evermore.
20 is EVO Search for Eden, I think.
25 is Secret of Mana.

9 is final fantasy 2 (IV) -- Golbez theme perhaps?
12 sounded like something out of Inindo: Way of the Ninja...
19 sounded like Zelda: Link to the Past... like one of the mini games or something.
26 is super ghouls and ghosts.

some of the first couple sounded real familiar... swore I heard a secret of mana in there... and maybe a Super Mario RPG.

Hey everyone, BlueWingX here, and welcome to Round 6 of the Guess the Sound Clip Invitational. I'm here as your judge and commentator all wrapped up in one. For those of you just joining us, this is the 2nd BlueWingX round, with the theme being that classic system, the Super Nintendo. So, without further ado, let's get into the action...

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']4 Starfox
7 Megaman X
8 Harvest Moon
10 Super Metroid
12 Mystical Ninja
13 Mario Paint
14 Super Punch Out
15 F-Zero
16 Castlevania IV (I think)
19 Zelda Link to the Past
21 Super Mario Kart
23 TinStar
24 Kirby's Dreamland 3[/QUOTE]

And My Name is Bob comes out swinging! Leave some for the others, man. Just kidding, of course. MNiB's first assault leaves him with 11.5 points. You made a good guess on 16, but it wasn't good enough, I'm afraid. Also, I'm giving you half a point for 24, because although that wasn't the title I was looking for, I'm sure that music probably appears in it, since it's a pretty common tune when it comes to Kirby.

[quote name='Jack']6 is Chrono Trigger.
9 is Final Fantasy II (or IV, or whatever you want to call it. You know what I'm talking about.)
18 is Secret of Evermore.
20 is EVO Search for Eden, I think.
25 is Secret of Mana.[/QUOTE]

Now Jack is back with a counterattack, netting himself a respectful 4 points. Unfortunately, 18 is NOT Secret of Evermore, though that was a damn fine game in it's own right.

[quote name='radjago']11 Illusion of Gaia?
26 Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts[/QUOTE]

Next up is radjago, who scores himself one single point, but in this game, that's enough to get you on the winner's list. 11 isn't Illusion of Gaia, though that was another find game. Also, radjago gains the first of two possible points for number 26. Keep trying for that second game, contestants... It might not be what you expect.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']9 is final fantasy 2 (IV) -- Golbez theme perhaps?
12 sounded like something out of Inindo: Way of the Ninja...
19 sounded like Zelda: Link to the Past... like one of the mini games or something.
26 is super ghouls and ghosts.

some of the first couple sounded real familiar... swore I heard a secret of mana in there... and maybe a Super Mario RPG.[/QUOTE]

Here we have returning contestant s1eepinglionhart, gaining some technical points on 9 and 19 for identifying the exact origins of the tunes. That, plus a correct answer on 26 gives our good friend here a total score of 3.

[quote name='Backlash']11 - Castlevania 4
12 - Legend of the Mystical Ninja
16 - Actraiser?
17 - Zombies Ate My Neighbors[/QUOTE]

And finally, we have a strong entry from Backlash, scoring a solid 4 points with four correct answers.

So, that brings us to the end of the first round of guessing. We'll be back in the next post to take a look at the big board!

And we're back! Let's take a look at the big board!

01 - No Answer Yet
02 - No Answer Yet
03 - No Answer Yet
04 - Starfox
05 - No Answer Yet
06 - Chrono Trigger
07 - Mega Man X
08 - Harvest Moon
09 - Final Fantasy II/IV
10 - Super Metroid
11 - Super Castlevania IV
13 - Mario Paint
14 - Super Punch Out
15 - F-Zero
16 - Actraiser
17 - Zombies Ate My Neighbors
18 - No Answer Yet
19 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
20 - EVO: The Quest for Eden
21 - Super Mario Kart
22 - No Answer Yet
23 - Tin Star
24 - It's a Kirby game, but we're still looking for another title.
25 - Secret of Mana
26a - Super Ghouls N' Ghosts
26b - No Answer Yet

Well, it's been a very active first round. It looks like we only have 8 possible points remaining out of the original 27 (26 + a bonus). We've sure got some tough competitors out here today. Hints will be posted sometime tomorrow night, if they're still needed. Until tomorrow, good luck to everyone! This is BlueWingX, signing out!

Hey folks, BlueWingX here with a late update. It looks like the hints are going to have to wait until tomorrow. It's been a busy day, but I figure I owe you guys an update, so here we go...

[quote name='encendido5']I wish I'd seen this earlier... Oh well, here's my contribution:

3 - Pilotwings[/QUOTE]

Well, we're glad you saw it anyway. That's one for you, encendido5.

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']24 - Kirby Super Star[/QUOTE]

Came back for that other half a point, eh BoB? Well, that puts you up to a mind blowing 12 points! Nicely done!

Alright, kids! Let's take a look at the big board!

01 - No Answer Yet
02 - No Answer Yet
03 - Pilotwings
04 - Starfox
05 - No Answer Yet
06 - Chrono Trigger
07 - Mega Man X
08 - Harvest Moon
09 - Final Fantasy II/IV
10 - Super Metroid
13 - Mario Paint
14 - Super Punch Out
15 - F-Zero
16 - Actraiser
18 - No Answer Yet
21 - Super Mario Kart
22 - No Answer Yet
23 - Tin Star
24 - Kirby Super Star
25 - Secret of Mana
26b - No Answer Yet

Well, that's it for tonight. I'll get you some hints tomorrow night, but until then, keep guessing! Good luck and good night!

Hey everyone, BlueWingX here, bringing you live coverage of Round 6 of the Guess the Sound Clip Invitational, brought to you by Woobacca Studios and BlueWingX Enterprises. It's the end of day two here, and it looks like the contestants have hit a bit of a snag. Fortunately, it's time to get those hints up on the big board, but first, let's see if anyone has anything left to bring to the table.

[quote name='Jack']Is 18 Soul Blazer?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, 18 is not Soul Blazer, but what an excellent guess. An excellent guess that brings us to the end of the entries for the day. So, let's take a look at the big board, and get some clues up there, shall we?

01 - This one's from a game that's loosely connected to 26a.
02 - He's such a groovy guy! A hero for all time!
03 - Pilotwings
04 - Starfox
05 - A PC hit brought to the SNES, based on a Disney documentary lie.
06 - Chrono Trigger
07 - Mega Man X
08 - Harvest Moon
09 - Final Fantasy II/IV
10 - Super Metroid
13 - Mario Paint
14 - Super Punch Out
15 - F-Zero
16 - Actraiser
18 - Knowing one of Lego's newest theme's might help on this one...
21 - Super Mario Kart
22 - This is something you might have after eating a plate of super hot buffalo wings.
23 - Tin Star
24 - Kirby Super Star
25 - Secret of Mana
26b - The bonus answer on this one comes from a different popular series by the same company...

And so with that, we bring day two to a close. Hopefully these clues will help push some of our competators in the right direction. If not, well, I'll be back tomorrow night with some more hints. Until tomorrow, good night and good luck!

[quote name='BlueWingX']
05 - A PC hit brought to the SNES, based on a Disney documentary lie.
[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I'd know this piece of propoganda anywhere. Without listening to the music, Lemmings.

BlueWingX is referring to a documentary where Disney showed Lemmings falling off cliffs, and then claimed it to be normal social behavior/instincts for them. To this day people continue to support the claim, including endless skits, jokes, and even a Far Side comic, in which one lemming smirks at his brethren running into the ocean to their watery deaths, while he safely wears a life preserver.

Additionally, I beleive 22 is from Breath of Fire? //before looking at hint
//looks at the hint...
Yep. Should be the battle music.

I wish I had access to the computer over the holidays :( /back at work, can finally participate again

Mmmm. Now I want boneless buffalo wings for lunch...

[quote name='Strell']Ahh, I'd know this piece of propoganda anywhere. Without listening to the music, Lemmings.

BlueWingX is referring to a documentary where Disney showed Lemmings falling off cliffs, and then claimed it to be normal social behavior/instincts for them. To this day people continue to support the claim, including endless skits, jokes, and even a Far Side comic, in which one lemming smirks at his brethren running into the ocean to their watery deaths, while he safely wears a life preserver.
[/QUOTE]
That's awesome :lol: :lol:

Good evening once again, faithful viewers and listeners. BlueWingX here, stationed in the announcer's box for Round 6 of the Guess the Sound Clip Invitational. It's the end of Day 3, and we've had quite an interesting day. As you all know, hints for the remaining clips were posted at the end of Day 2, but did they help any of the contestants? Let's start the End of Day Recap to find out!

[quote name='Jack']1 is probably Demon's Crest.
2 is most likely Earthworm Jim.[/QUOTE]

Bingo! Demon's Crest was a follow up to the popular Gargoyle's Quest series, starring the red demon Firebrand, who was based on the red demon character from the Ghosts and Goblins series. The Earthworm Jim music heard here is from the Andy Asteroids level, where Jim would race Psy-crow through a hyperspace tunnel. Those two right answers puts your total score up to 6, Jack. Excellent work!

[quote name='Strell']Ahh, I'd know this piece of propoganda anywhere. Without listening to the music, Lemmings.

Additionally, I beleive 22 is from Breath of Fire? //before looking at hint
//looks at the hint...
Yep. Should be the battle music.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, Strell! You're certainly an expert on lemmings, and it pays off for you by helping you to score two points. Nice work!

Btw, for those of you wanting to know more about the Disney/lemming scandel, read more here http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lemmings.htm or at your local library.

[quote name='chair_home']26b is probably... Mega Man 7? I think they had the GnG theme in Shade Man's stage. That's my final answer.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly right, chair_home! By holding the B button while selecting Shade Man's level in Mega Man 7, you'd activate the alternate soundtrack, borrowed, of course, from Capcom's own Super Ghouls and Ghosts. That's one well deserved point for you!

Well, that's it for today's entries. Let's take a look at the big board, to see if there's anything left!

01 - Demon's Crest
02 - Earthworm Jim
03 - Pilotwings
04 - Starfox
05 - Lemmings
06 - Chrono Trigger
07 - Mega Man X
08 - Harvest Moon
09 - Final Fantasy II/IV
10 - Super Metroid
13 - Mario Paint
14 - Super Punch Out
15 - F-Zero
16 - Actraiser
18 - Knowing one of Lego's newest theme's might help on this one...
Look to a 1989 movie starring Tim Robbins and written and directed by a Monty Python alum for another hint...
21 - Super Mario Kart
22 - Breath of Fire
23 - Tin Star
24 - Kirby Super Star
25 - Secret of Mana
26b - Mega Man 7

Well, it looks like number 18 is the last remaining sound clip. We've added a new hint onto the board, but will anyone find the answer? Find out tomorrow as we, hopefully, finish up Round 6 of the Guess the Sound Clip Invitational. Until tomorrow, this is BlueWingX saying good night and good luck!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Well I feel bad since I didn't recognize the clip, but based on your hints, I'd say "Lost Vikings"[/QUOTE]

And that's the game! CAG's win! CAG's win!! Ladies and Gentlemen, BlueWingX here, with the exciting finale of Round 6 of the Guess the Sound Clip Invitational. You've just seen the final answer, as given by Mr Unoriginal. Number 18 was indeed The Lost Vikings, specifically the music from the Spaceship levels. Lost Vikings told the story of three lost vikings who were abducted by aliens, struggling to find their way home through space and time.

Well, it's been an amazing ride these past few days. We'll be taking a final look at the big board in just a moment, but first, I'd like to express my thanks once again to woobacca for creating and hosting this game. Also, thanks to vgmusic.com for providing the sound clips, along with all the creators of the individual sound clips. Special thanks to the original game creators for making such classic games. And special thanks to you, the contestants, without whom this would have been an extremely boring game. Alright, let's take one last look at the big board.

01 - Demon's Crest
02 - Earthworm Jim
03 - Pilotwings
04 - Starfox
05 - Lemmings
06 - Chrono Trigger
07 - Mega Man X
08 - Harvest Moon
09 - Final Fantasy II/IV
10 - Super Metroid
13 - Mario Paint
14 - Super Punch Out
15 - F-Zero
16 - Actraiser
18 - The Lost Vikings
21 - Super Mario Kart
22 - Breath of Fire
23 - Tin Star
24 - Kirby Super Star
25 - Secret of Mana
26b - Mega Man 7

There you go, the final answers to Round 6. It's been a lot of fun doing this for you guys. I'll be working on a prize for everyone who had a correct answer, both for this round, and the last round I provided sounds for. I would have had it done already, but it's been a busy couple of weeks. Don't worry, though. It'll get done. I'm turning the procedings back over to our generous host woobacca for the next few rounds. I need a break from all this. Be sure to turn over to the Guess the Screenshot thread for more game related trivia provided by yours truly. Also, there will be another BlueWingX Screenshot Challenge coming up in the next few weeks, so stay tuned for that.

And so, we bring Round 6 to a close. Congratulations to all the winners. Good luck in the next rounds, everyone! This is BlueWingX, signing off!

Hey BlueWing, thanks for hosting round 6 and making it a lot of fun. It was easily the most exciting round, and you deserve a prize yourself for the efforts. I'm looking forward to seeing your screenshot quizzes in the weeks to come.

After all the old screenshots and sound clips from the last month and a half, I'm seriously tempted to convince the wife to get me an NES or SNES for Christmas. If anyone knows how to get one for cheap please let me know. Otherwise, I guess I'll just do Ebay.

My video game raffle for the Child's Play Charity has me occupied for now, so I'm gonna put this thread on hold for a while. Thanks again to everyone who participated.

bread's done
Back