Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='CouRageouS']The freebie pack was kinda meh, I felt very disconnected while playing it though. The guitar really is overpowered by everything else. I don't know why the hell they didn't use the song from The Departed. That would have been awesome.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. I was let down by the pack, and I happen to *like* DKM (paint-by-numbers Oi! FTW).

I have songs I'd like to have seen better than these three, but ultimately, their guitar style just isn't suitable for this game at all, IMO.

Picked this up today and so far I'm loving it! Loving it so much my fucking fingers hurt like hell!

I'm only going through on medium right now to try and get back into the game, but these songs seem a little harder than previous Guitar Hero medium level songs.

Oh and they Halo theme is AWESOME! All I need to get is the Foo Fighter pack and whatever pack has Pretty Handsome Awkward.

Does anyone know if there is a way to still get the Aerosmith song? If a friend downloads it to my console will it work? Has anyone tried calling Activision to get a code?

[quote name='Nealocus123']Picked this up today and so far I'm loving it! Loving it so much my fucking fingers hurt like hell!

I'm only going through on medium right now to try and get back into the game, but these songs seem a little harder than previous Guitar Hero medium level songs.

Oh and they Halo theme is AWESOME! All I need to get is the Foo Fighter pack and whatever pack has Pretty Handsome Awkward.[/quote]

Haha yea, I was the same way the first day. My fingers hurt, my wrist like cramped up and my eyes hurt from watching the notes go from top to bottom. I only play the game now for like half an hour to an hour which helps.:lol: I still gotta get the Foo Fighters pack, maybe when I get more points but atm broke from purchasing Mass Effect DLC. GH2 is easier than GH3 as well.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Haha yea, I was the same way the first day. My fingers hurt, my wrist like cramped up and my eyes hurt from watching the notes go from top to bottom. I only play the game now for like half an hour to an hour which helps.:lol: I still gotta get the Foo Fighters pack, maybe when I get more points but atm broke from purchasing Mass Effect DLC. GH2 is easier than GH3 as well.[/quote]

I knew it was easier. Because honestly, I'm having quite a bit of trouble 5 staring the Muse song and the last tier on medium.

Just beat it, I don't think they could have picked a better song to fight the devil against. Whoever thought of that should get a raise, I love Charlie Daniels Band.

Sorry to double post but is there anyway I can get Suck My Kiss without playing Co-Op? I don't really have anyone to play with where I am right now but I really want to play this song.

I heard the cheat is bad because it is permanent or something, I dunno.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Sorry to double post but is there anyway I can get Suck My Kiss without playing Co-Op? I don't really have anyone to play with where I am right now but I really want to play this song.

I heard the cheat is bad because it is permanent or something, I dunno.[/quote]

try quickplay(freeplay). i am sure its there also.

[quote name='naiku']try quickplay(freeplay). i am sure its there also.[/quote]

Unfortunately you have to beat Co-Op mode to unlock them in Quick Play. I just used the cheat so whatever, Sabotage is fucking AWESOME!

[quote name='Nealocus123']Sorry to double post but is there anyway I can get Suck My Kiss without playing Co-Op? I don't really have anyone to play with where I am right now but I really want to play this song.

I heard the cheat is bad because it is permanent or something, I dunno.[/QUOTE]

The cheat is permenant, but who cares? That was a poor design decision in the first place(re: co-op specific songs).

I would like to get the easy and medium coop career achievements so if anyone wants to partner up over the next week or so that would be awesome. I can get 98%+ on most songs if not just completely FC them. I have been messing up a little online just because the interface is so different but that won't last long.

But anyways if you wanna be my partner to complete and 5 star all the easy and medium songs on coop send me a PM or a XBL message. Thanks =D

(I can do 7 songs non stop but after that I need like a 10-15min break)

[quote name='Corvin']The cheat is permenant, but who cares? That was a poor design decision in the first place(re: co-op specific songs).[/quote]

Wow, serious? So I cant get the achievement then? :cry:
That sucks! But who cares though...

[quote name='Nealocus123']I would like to get the easy and medium coop career achievements so if anyone wants to partner up over the next week or so that would be awesome. I can get 98%+ on most songs if not just completely FC them. I have been messing up a little online just because the interface is so different but that won't last long.

But anyways if you wanna be my partner to complete and 5 star all the easy and medium songs on coop send me a PM or a XBL message. Thanks =D

(I can do 7 songs non stop but after that I need like a 10-15min break)[/quote]

There's no Career Co op online. If you want those Career Co op achievements you have to do it locally.

[quote name='KiLL3r']There's no Career Co op online. If you want those Career Co op achievements you have to do it locally.[/quote]

Ah crap. I'm dumb =(

I must of completely misunderstood it. Maybe Guitar Hero IV lol...

I can't wait for that pack. I have been wanting some Def Leppard in a Rock Band/ GH game for a while now. Also hopefully this means that GH4 will have shit from Hysteria instead of Pyromania since those two songs are both from that album.

Once again, they could have chosen better tracks for a band that's been around as long as Def Leppard has.:roll:

Anything from "Hysteria" would have been perfect.

I posted a [long] while back that with the success of GH and RB that record companies would start using it as a marketing tool to push new music. Unfortunately we're paying for that new Def Leppard song when we should be getting a third hit song instead. Or make it a 4 song pack, three classics and the new one for the same price as the 3 packs.

If the record industry wants to promote a new single via one of these games, by all means go for it, but it should be free or next to nothing(80pts?). Don't force me to buy the new single by bundling it with songs I do want.

Glad to have a date for it, and despite being forced into the new track, sigh, I will still pick it up for the other two songs.

[quote name='porieux']Meh GH3 is simply not fun anymore, especially with that POS Les Paul.[/quote]
It's why X-Plorer has become the axe of choice, which I never would've imagined when I got spoiled by the feel of both the LP and especially the Krammer.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's why X-Plorer has become the axe of choice, which I never would've imagined when I got spoiled by the feel of both the LP and especially the Krammer.[/quote]

now i wanna get an xplorer...though id like to get it by getting rid of the strat

I really can't stand the X-Plorer, the buttons stick way too far up and it feels really clunky to me.

I actually wouldn't mind the LP so much if it didn't drop notes...but I wish I could play GH3 with the Strat because that is the best plastic guitar controller I've tried. Feels the most like playing a real guitar.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I posted this a while ago and nobody answered me. Is there a way to get the Aerosmith song still?[/QUOTE]

No. It was a limited time thing.

Assume it will be in the Aerosmith GH game when it comes out.

I finally entered in the code to unlock all the songs since I don't have anyone to do the game co-op and I find out that not all of the songs are unlocked. What crap.

[quote name='Corvin']
If the record industry wants to promote a new single via one of these games, by all means go for it, but it should be free or next to nothing(80pts?). Don't force me to buy the new single by bundling it with songs I do want.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The Xplorer just feels too Fischer-Price-Toy in my hands compared to the Les Paul or Fender Strat.[/quote]

All the GH guitars feel Fischer-Pricey to me, they're just so tiny. I sold my GH III (on PS3) bundle because I just didn't want to deal with the GH guitar after playing RB.

I did just pick up a GH II 360 bundle, though, because of the track list *sigh*... I may have to get GH III again (for 360 this time), too, since Def Leppard is coming. Totally agree with Corvin about the new track, though.

Well I downloaded the pack and they fucked it up. First they don't even use the studio tracks and the two songs everyone wants are live versions. Adding to this is the fact that the game locked up on me both times I tried to play one of the songs. I would avoid for now.

Also Activision you can eat a dick. I don't know how you managed to fuck up something that should have been so awesome, but you did. Congrats.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Well I downloaded the pack and they fucked it up. First they don't even use the studio tracks and the two songs everyone wants are live versions. Adding to this is the fact that the game locked up on me both times I tried to play one of the songs. I would avoid for now.

Also Activision you can eat a dick. I don't know how you managed to fuck up something that should have been so awesome, but you did. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

wow really? that sucks. wtf live versions? how stupid. are they at least fun to play?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Well I downloaded the pack and they fucked it up. First they don't even use the studio tracks and the two songs everyone wants are live versions. Adding to this is the fact that the game locked up on me both times I tried to play one of the songs. I would avoid for now.

Also Activision you can eat a dick. I don't know how you managed to fuck up something that should have been so awesome, but you did. Congrats.[/quote]

Wow. Unbelievable. I am praying that Harmonix can get a bunch of classic Def Leppard tunes for Rock Band... I refuse to buy GH DLC.

lol and to think I wrote this on my calendar to remind me. Oh well looks like I'll be looking forward to getting Lost Cities in the future.

[quote name='sleepy180']wow really? that sucks. wtf live versions? how stupid. are they at least fun to play?[/quote]

They are not bad, and it isn't like the live versions are horrible, but I really wanted the shit to be straight from Pyro. It just kills me that they did this.

And as far as it locking up, it did it the first time I played every song. It only would do it once.

As far as difficulty, there are like a mid tier hard Rock Band songs (I have not put much time into GH3's hard mode). Heavy use of the bottom of the guitar, but for the most part fairly simple. The solos do use a lot of hammer ons and pull offs though which adds to the difficulty (I would put the pack as a whole as as 4/10 difficulty).

Live tracks? Really? Aren't you already playing infront of a live crowd so hence it's like an extra spiritual presence is watching your performance or something? Man, Red Octane seems to REALLY want everyone still loyal to GH to play Rock Band (despite them still not fixing the problems from their last "patch").

I also noticed that they make fun of Rick Allen and play on that corny joke that everyone likes to make. The drummer only uses his one arm. I thought that was completely tasteless and shows just what kind of developer Neversoft really is.

good lord, i cant believe how disappointed ive been with the GH3 DLC. i mean, if their gonna release garbage they could at least do it consistently, instead of random packs at random dates.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I also noticed that they make fun of Rick Allen and play on that corny joke that everyone likes to make. The drummer only uses his one arm. I thought that was completely tasteless and shows just what kind of developer Neversoft really is.[/quote]
Wait, wait, wait...

So the in game default drummer only drums with one arm? What the fuck is the point of doing that in the game?! I understand Rick Allen lost his arm in a car accident, but what the hell is the point of the in game drummer using one arm? If they wanted to do that, theyre better off putting a friggin Rick Allen patch

[quote name='bardockkun']Wait, wait, wait...

So the in game default drummer only drums with one arm? What the fuck is the point of doing that in the game?! I understand Rick Allen lost his arm in a car accident, but what the hell is the point of the in game drummer using one arm? If they wanted to do that, theyre better off putting a friggin Rick Allen patch[/quote]

I swear. I never remember seeing him lift up his second arm and when he plays the first part of rock of ages he only uses one arm. It struck me as odd at first, and then it just pissed me off.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Talk about overreacting.[/quote]

If they really took the time to code that shit in the songs, then yea I am pissed off. Shit locked up by box three times and they used live versions instead of the studio ones. When you pay a premium compared to Rock Band, you should deserve a little more.

bread's done
Back