Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I'm guessing he's referring to one of the outfits for Axl (I think that's his name) that is reminiscent of Darrel's style/facial hair.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and in the 'tribute' PC wallpaper that they used to promote the game.

[quote name='xl_prankster_lx']This is why I hate the masses. I bet that cold play DLC will sell. People have been asking for that kind of bullshit, and now they are getting it.[/quote]
You're right, they really should focus more on your tastes and preferences.

[quote name='defiance_17']You're right, they really should focus more on your tastes and preferences.[/QUOTE]

He is probably thinking, the same as i am thinking, is that they should focus more on ROCK songs/bands with at least 1 fucking GUITAR solo. ya know? Songs that are in the game because they are awesome shredding and fun to play, not songs that are only in the game because a band is releasing a new cd soon and they want more exposure. Or because its a trendy pop song that everyone likes, even though in GH its slow and fucking sucks.

I dont care who they put in the game. From the most popular mainstream emo country hardcore punk hip hop fucking techno. I dont give a shit if its some band that i've never heard of either. As long as its fun to play.

Ernten was vier sein or however you spell it is from a fucking german band. Ive never in my life listened to a german band except (du hast rammstein) but its fun as hell to play and now that shit is awesome to listen to. They need to put in songs that are fun to play, not just crowd pleasing songs that arent fun, even though they probably make more money.

[quote name='sleepy180']He is probably thinking, the same as i am thinking, is that they should focus more on ROCK songs/bands with at least 1 fucking GUITAR solo. ya know? Songs that are in the game because they are awesome shredding and fun to play, not songs that are only in the game because a band is releasing a new cd soon and they want more exposure. Or because its a trendy pop song that everyone likes, even though in GH its slow and fucking sucks.

I dont care who they put in the game. From the most popular mainstream emo country hardcore punk hip hop fucking techno. I dont give a shit if its some band that i've never heard of either. As long as its fun to play.

Ernten was vier sein or however you spell it is from a fucking german band. Ive never in my life listened to a german band except (du hast rammstein) but its fun as hell to play and now that shit is awesome to listen to. They need to put in songs that are fun to play, not just crowd pleasing songs that arent fun, even though they probably make more money.[/quote]
Then don't download it. Problem solved. I don't see the reason to complain--it's not like they're releasing that instead of some obscure metal track. I understand the blue-balled feeling here, but really, it's going to be Coldplay in place of nothing.
At this point I think everyone just needs to assume that GHIII is obsolete, and any DLC from this point forward is going to be of this nature. If they throw us another bone or two (which looks like it is going to happen), it's a bonus. And, I know, it's absolutely ridiculous that it has even gotten to this point--if they're not planning a constant stream of varied tracks for GHIV, they may as well not even release it.

The following Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock content is now available:
Content: Motörhead Track Pack
Price: 500 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] "(We are) The Road Crew", "Stay Clean" and "Motörhead" performed by Motörhead. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

There is also a free Video preview available as well:
Content: Video Preview of Motörhead Track Pack (HD)
Price: Free
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Video preview of Motörhead Track Pack: "(We Are) The Road Crew", "Stay Clean" and "Motörhead" performed by Motörhead. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com

Wow, this thread is HUGE! Um, I have had Guitar Hero 2 forever and I am not good. I really haven't been able to make the transition from medium to hard....just to give you an idea of how bad I suck. Anyway, I have a question and I am sorry in advance if this has already been addressed. I got in on the Walmart $40 deal on GH3 with guitar and the new guitar acts nothing like the old one, even though they look almost identical. I went to the red octane and activision websites looking for an answer and this is what I got:

"If the strum bar is registering extra hits try keeping a finger on the strum bar while playing the game instead of flicking it with your fingers/hand."

wtf does this mean? While playing I often cant hold out notes, miss out on completing a star power run, etc. So, I assume, this means my guitar is "registering extra hits." Thanks to anyone who can help.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']
wtf does this mean? While playing I often cant hold out notes, miss out on completing a star power run, etc. So, I assume, this means my guitar is "registering extra hits." Thanks to anyone who can help.[/QUOTE]

It's just telling you not to hit the strum bar to hard as it might be flipping back up to hard and thus registring another strum (since it works both up and down).

They're sugestion is to hold on to it rather than to flip it. I'd just try to flip it less hard, or try to exchange it if the extra not hitting is your problem as I don't get it on my GH3 controller and I flip it pretty hard.

Wow, I didn't think I would ever buy GH3 content again ... but this Motörhead pack is pretty much impossible to resist.

Nice choices.

[quote name='dmaul1114']It's just telling you not to hit the strum bar to hard as it might be flipping back up to hard and thus registring another strum (since it works both up and down).

They're sugestion is to hold on to it rather than to flip it. I'd just try to flip it less hard, or try to exchange it if the extra not hitting is your problem as I don't get it on my GH3 controller and I flip it pretty hard.[/quote]

Thanks, it's working better now.

Yea Motorhead is a good band for this game, just saw VH1's 40 Greatest Metal Songs and they were on there for #3 with the Ace of Spades. Good song.

the motorhead DLC is decent. Some good solo's in (we are) the road crew and Motorhead. But stay clean is just lame as fuck. Plain as hell and not fun at all.

My review:

(we are) the road crew - 8/10
Motorhead - 7/10
Stay clean - 2/10

I was just getting back into playing GH3 and was going to do some DLC but once I found that it wouldn't transfer to the next games I passed. Lame!

Isle of Wight Track Pack is up. Dont know who or what the hell that is but i'll wait for the videos to be posted.

After reading around some other forums it seems this pack is one of if not THE worst pack so far. Very easy constant chords and no solo's in any of them.

What a dissapointment. Will not be getting.

[quote name='sleepy180']Isle of Wight Track Pack is up. Dont know who or what the hell that is but i'll wait for the videos to be posted.

After reading around some other forums it seems this pack is one of if not THE worst pack so far. Very easy constant chords and no solo's in any of them.

What a dissapointment. Will not be getting.[/quote]

Bands nobody's ever heard of. fuck this game and it's shitty-ass dlc. It's called "Legends". Put some motherfucking bands in that have rocked our collective asses off for 10+ years, please.

GH III: Isle of Wight Track Pack

Content: Isle of Wight Track Pack
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Three pack download containing the songs from the Isle of Wight Festival. Problems [live at Brixton] by The Sex Pistols, Shoot the Runner by Kasabian, & I Predict a Riot by Kaiser Chiefs. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Edit: Okay. I know the Sex Pistols.

When I first heard mention of the Isle of Wight, I got all fired-up for Jethro Tull, The Doors, Hendrix and The Who. Thanks for disappointing me (again), Activision.

I really want some more bands from independent record labels like Tooth and Nail Records, Solid State Records, Victory Records, Ferret Records or Trustkill Records.

I'm so disappointed with the GH3 DLC. I want to get Rock Band, but can't afford it right now.

[quote name='electronicthroat']I really want some more bands from independent record labels like Tooth and Nail Records, Solid State Records, Victory Records, Ferret Records or Trustkill Records.

I'm so disappointed with the GH3 DLC. I want to get Rock Band, but can't afford it right now.[/QUOTE]

Yup same here. I would so get rock band if i didnt know that GHIV and rock band 2 are just around the corner. I'll just wait and pray that the choice i make has good DLC.

[quote name='electronicthroat']I really want some more bands from independent record labels like Tooth and Nail Records, Solid State Records, Victory Records, Ferret Records or Trustkill Records.

I'm so disappointed with the GH3 DLC. I want to get Rock Band, but can't afford it right now.[/QUOTE]

after going through all of rock bands DLC, prepare to be just as dissapointed (especially if youre looking for stuff from labels like that). theres a lot more, but theres very little that i would download. but thats just me.

Just in case some of you aren't aware...

Content: Coldplay Track Pack
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Three pack download containing the songs "Violet Hill", "Yellow" and "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" by Coldplay. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Free WoW track coming tomorrow:

GNOMES, ELVES AND ORCS THRASH WITH A DIFFERENT AXE AS

WORLD OF WARCRAFT® JAM DEBUTS AS FREE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR GUITAR HERO® III: LEGENDS OF ROCK

SANTA MONICA, CA – June 25, 2008 – Combining the best selling game of 2007 with the world’s most popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Blizzard Entertainment®’s World of Warcraft®, players across the globe will soon be shredding to a free downloadable track for Activision Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock.

World of Warcraft players will remember the hit “I am Murloc” as the tongue-in-cheek tribute to the beloved race of fish-people by Blizzard Entertainment’s house band, Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain. The thrash metal-style song debuted to delighted attendees at Blizzard Entertainment’s BlizzCon™ 2005 gaming convention in Anaheim, CA.

Rock stars will be able to rip it up to “I am Murloc” by downloading it on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system starting on June 26, 2008 in advance of the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational held in Paris, France June 28 and June 29.

http://kotaku.com/5019478/world-of-warcraft-song-coming-to-guitar-hero-iii

Bleh, that WoW track reminded me of Trogdor except instead of someone screaming "TROGDOR!" It's someone gurgling instead. Crap.

[quote name='sleepy180']Yup same here. I would so get rock band if i didnt know that GHIV and rock band 2 are just around the corner. I'll just wait and pray that the choice i make has good DLC.[/quote]

I bought Rock Band a couple days ago after really thinking about if it would be worth doing considering the impending releases. I've been disappointed with GH3 DLC and I didn't like GH3 nearly as much as the first 2(depsite liking most of the track list), I'm skeptical about how GH4 will turn out.

[quote name='bardockkun']Bleh, that WoW track reminded me of Trogdor except instead of someone screaming "TROGDOR!" It's someone gurgling instead. Crap.[/quote]

Har har har, I love Trogdor.

AND THEN TROGDOR COMES IN THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Not really game news...Todd McFarlane is working on GH figures:
guitarheromcfarlane_l.jpg

[quote name='TahoeMax']Har har har, I love Trogdor.

AND THEN TROGDOR COMES IN THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT![/quote]
Then hopefully you get some enjoyment out of it. I'll admit it isn't as rhythmless as it, but it still wasn't anything I enjoyed.

is it at least hard? The one thing that pisses me off about the DLC isnt the songs that they pick but that they are so fucking easy. besides EWWS, foo fighters, velvet revolver, and boss pack, everything else has been too damn easy. And i'm not even pro at this game. I dont have any FC's on expert or 5 stars in everything.

Give us some difficult songs please! they can be anything, hell even random notes put together that arent even a song. I just want difficulty up!

^

agreed. gonna have to wait till I get home to play but the note charts for these dlc songs has been a joke. outside of DWDTG and the 1 solo part in "we three kings" they have been a on the easy side.
EDIT:
I am Murloc song has a good rhythm to it. The middle solo isn't too bad. t

i made a video of it here. I went -15 which isn't too bad. Its definitely fc'able as bardockkun said, its feels like a tier3/4 song. sorta like Schools Out. Simple chorus, fun solo, just will take a little work to put a run together.

The difficulty is meh, I kinda want to place it maybe on the 3rd or 4th tier if I had to give it a spot. The rhythm is pretty consistent until near the end when there's a simple solo. 4 Starred it on first try in expert.

[quote name='bardockkun']The difficulty is meh, I kinda want to place it maybe on the 3rd or 4th tier if I had to give it a spot. The rhythm is pretty consistent until near the end when there's a simple solo. 4 Starred it on first try in expert.[/quote]

Yeah, the difficulty on expert is meh. I thought I was playing it on Hard but nope it was on expert. I got 4 stars on the first try and I'm not a good GH player, especially metal songs on expert.

"TOP GUN ANTHEM" TO LAND ON GUITAR HERO® III: LEGENDS OF ROCK AS FREE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR FOURTH OF JULY
SANTA MONICA, CA – July 1, 2008 – Grab your wingman and fire up the F-14 for the announcement today of a special Fourth of July treat for Activision, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero III®: Legends of Rock fans. Beginning July 3, 2008, the legendary, GRAMMY® award-winning "Top Gun Anthem" will be available as a free downloadable song for the game.

The instrumental, guitar-heavy theme was immortalized in the hit film that inspired a generation of young men to awkwardly serenade women at bars, perform perfectly-timed "flipside" high fives and threaten to "buzz the tower."

The song will be available as a free download to Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock mavericks and their wingmen everywhere for Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and in the PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system on July 3, 2008.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTJmXrgsFg&eurl=http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/01/ghiiis-july-4th-surpise-free-top-gun-dlc/[/MEDIA]
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/01/ghiiis-july-4th-surpise-free-top-gun-dlc/

[quote name='Corvin']I love how people complain about free shit. Go back to your RB thread. :lol:[/quote]

Atleast there we got Glad0s

[quote name='Corvin']I love how people complain about free shit. Go back to your RB thread. :lol:[/quote]
Bah! Just because you have an idea where my side is towards since I constantly post there.

And we got GLaDOS AND Promised Land! ...Which both aren't that great, though hell replay value with every other instrument. I guess, but if a DLC song can make me play more then once as opposed to once then look away, then I guess doing something right.

Though afraid with DLC like this, what the setlist for GH:WT will be like (if no one gets Bodom for next round I'll be damn angered and confused).

[quote name='Dingleberry']Atleast there we got Glad0s[/QUOTE]

and Vesuvius... two fake bands. (I do love GLaDOS though. :))

GHIII has given us these for free:

Aerosmith - Dream On
O'Donnell/Salvatori/Vai - Halo Theme MJOLNIR Mix
Steve Ouimette - We Three Kings
Tom Morello - Tom Morello Guitar Battle
Slash - Slash Guitar Battle
Steve Ouimette - The Devil Went Down to Georgia
Dropkick Murphys - Famous for Nothing
Dropkick Murphys - (F)lannigan's Ball
Dropkick Murphys - Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya
Harold Faltermeyer - Top Gun Anthem
Elite Tauren Chieftan - I Am Murloc
God of War II - The End Begins (to Rock)

[quote name='bardockkun']

Though afraid with DLC like this, what the setlist for GH:WT will be like (if no one gets Bodom for next round I'll be damn angered and confused).[/QUOTE]

It means they are saving the good shit for GH:WT.

[quote name='Corvin']It means they are saving the good shit for GH:WT.[/quote]
Alongside Coldplay!

Though I hope you're right.

[quote name='lordwow']I CAN NOT Wait for the Top Gun anthem. One of my favorite movies.[/quote]

I get tingles everytime I hear the song that plays after the final mission in that movie...

I may own it on VHS, DVD, and HD-DVD. You haven't lived until you've seen the volleyball scene in hi defffff.

[quote name='lordwow']I CAN NOT Wait for the Top Gun anthem. One of my favorite movies.[/quote]

Yea, I remember the song used to play in the NES game back in the day and I though it was great then. Even better in GHIII and the price cannot be beat! :bouncy:

bread's done
Back