Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

I've been practicing tapping on TTFAF on expert. I can get it most of the time on slower. I'm going to move to slow today. It's a lot of fun to do, as it is on a real guitar, but it's hard to wrap my head around the change in finger placement.

looks like we'll be getting another Download pack soon. And it looks like a good one too.

on guitarhero.com you can see this.

Modern Metal DLC pack

Avenged Sevenfold- Almost Easy
Deftones - Hole in the Earth
Thrice - The Arsonist

The charts have the potential to be reallllly good on all the songs. Finally some A7x but not their best thats for sure. Same for deftones.

Anyways this is a definite buy for me, even without watching the videos. I WOULD PAY ANYTHING FOR SOME MORE HARD SONGS! EVERYTHING THEY RELEASE IS STUPID EASY.

EDIT: looks like they came out today. And looks like none of them are very fun at all. How dissapointing. A7x was the most challenging but i was still able to 5* it on first try.

More info on the track packs:
SANTA MONICA, CA – March 6, 2008 – New downloadable songs for Activision Inc.’s Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock are set to storm living rooms across the globe with the release of two new track packs.

Available today is the Modern Metal pack which let’s players jam to master recordings of Deftones’ “Hole in the Earth,” Avenged Sevenfold’s “Almost Easy” and Thrice’s “The Arsonist.” The track pack is now on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and will be available later today on PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

Additionally, Activision will be kicking off the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations with a special free track pack from the popular Celtic punk band Dropkick Murphys that will be available mid March. Straight from the band’s sixth album, The Meanest of Times, the Dropkick Murphys pack will include master recordings of “Famous for Nothing,” “(F)lannigan’s Ball” and “Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya.” The track pack will be available for free to download on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and PLAYSTATION®Store.

http://2opgaming.com/2008/03/06/march-dlc-for-guitar-hero-iii/

Free track pack coming soon.

Yay! My bundle shipped from yourfree360games.com. Guess that site really works. :D

BTW, really disappointed with the Deftones song they chose. Should be a track from Adrenaline or Around the Fur.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']BTW, really disappointed with the Deftones song they chose. Should be a track from Adrenaline or Around the Fur.[/quote]

I concur. Too bad we can't buy the tracks individually, too. The AV song is okay, but a little repetitive. The new album is mediocre.

[quote name='sleepy180']Wow thats awesome. Too bad its their new stuff though. But glad its free. Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya is gonna be fucking awesome.[/quote]

Love having DKM in GHIII. Even better that its free! :bouncy: I'd have loved some older stuff too, but I'm not complaining!

Hey, just realized I'm out of town next week, did they mention if the DKM pack would only be available/free for a certain time frame or will it be permanent? I dont want to miss out on a chance to DL'd it.

That's cool, the No Doubt track was ok but not great so maybe they got feedback from all the fans. At least they put in a AV song finally. I'm glad they're still supporting the community.

More free downloads are always good. As for the packs, I've bought the Foo Fighters one, and will get the Velvet Revolver one when I find a deal on points. None of the others thus far really interest me.

Gonna have to hit up that "Modern Metal" pack ASAP, and I can be nothing but excited about a free DKM pack (hell, I'd prolly pay for that)

[quote name='Zmonkay']Gonna have to hit up that "Modern Metal" pack ASAP, and I can be nothing but excited about a free DKM pack (hell, I'd prolly pay for that)[/QUOTE]

I'm glad its free too because i would have definitly paid for it too.

[quote name='V Illuminati V']I'm going to have to buy this pack for the Avenged Sevenfold song I've been a big fan of theirs[/quote]

Yea I agree and always thought Avenged Sevenfold's riffs would be perfect for this game. I'm glad I got the Metal Pack, the Deftones song surprised me, I thought it was going to be really heavy as in the song they've got for the Matrix soundtrack, and I don't really care about the other song.

[quote name='sleepy180']I'm glad its free too because i would have definitly paid for it too.[/QUOTE]

Same here, even if it just would've been for (F)lannigan's Ball.

Any tips for a complete newbie to Guitar Hero? I'm usually pretty good at music/rhythm games but every Beatmania-esque game screws me hard and GH is even harder with a guitar and needing to hit the fret. I really don't want to play Easy but it looks like I have to.

[quote name='Hostile']Any tips for a complete newbie to Guitar Hero? I'm usually pretty good at music/rhythm games but every Beatmania-esque game screws me hard and GH is even harder with a guitar and needing to hit the fret. I really don't want to play Easy but it looks like I have to.[/quote]
Play easy and work your way up, that's how I (and nearly everyone else) did it.

[quote name='Hostile']I'll go with that then. I guess this isn't the kind of game that you'll get use to in a few days.[/quote]
For me it took my friend (who's female) to literally whomp my ass in every possible way to move from medium to hard. To this day I still can't beat her unless we're doing battle and I get abunch of lefty flips...So be thankful of no embarrassment like that to egg you on. I was also the one who introduced her to play the game after she thought it was stupid...

If my wireless guitar is broken, is there any way to get it repaired or do I have to replace it. I bought it the day it came out, so obviously the warranty is long passed, and Red Octane says they don't do repairs. But one day I turned the guitar off and it stayed warm until I yanked out the batteries, and now I can't get it to turn back on.

[quote name='kevzik']Man I need a HD SO BAD!

Question - I had Dream on saved to a memory card, can I transfer it to a HD?[/quote]

Yeah you can...or you could just go to your download history under your profile and re-download it to the HDD.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah you can...or you could just go to your download history under your profile and re-download it to the HDD.[/quote]

Always one to count on, prime. Thanks.

Also...like the guy above said...will this me limited? I know I won't find a HDD until after ST. Ps day.

[quote name='bardockkun']Surprised no one is talking about it, it's alright (DKM). Though it feels more like I'm playing bagpipes instead of guitar...[/quote]

Haha yea, I kept saying to myself, where's the guy with the bagpipes on stage? lol I guess that would be hard to add into the game and why would they lol.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Haha yea, I kept saying to myself, where's the guy with the bagpipes on stage? lol I guess that would be hard to add into the game and why would they lol.[/quote]
More so I kept thinking "Man, this would be soooo much more fitting Casey Lynch was playing bagpipes instead of guitar." Like the guitar part felt almost overridden by the noise of bagpipes. It's just...odd. I guess more reason you can't get more St. Patrick's then DKM.

The freebie pack was kinda meh, I felt very disconnected while playing it though. The guitar really is overpowered by everything else. I don't know why the hell they didn't use the song from The Departed. That would have been awesome.

[quote name='CouRageouS']The freebie pack was kinda meh, I felt very disconnected while playing it though. The guitar really is overpowered by everything else. I don't know why the hell they didn't use the song from The Departed. That would have been awesome.[/QUOTE]

I hoping that song song appears on RB instead.

Pack was pretty decent, though I'm kinda dissapointed that my favorite DKM song (Flannigan's Ball) was kinda lame to play. On medium the entire song is nothing but a series of RY notes.

(F)lanigan's Ball is a great song, my favorite of the 3, but it kind of sucks to play. Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye is my favorite to play by far.

Hurooooo! Huroooooo!

[quote name='guyver2077']why the fuck did they have to take down the aerosmith song... i want to play it dammit[/quote]

Now you'll have to wait for GHA...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Now you'll have to wait for GHA...[/quote]

Yea I got back from a college internship and missed the free download to.
Why did MS have to have it timed and take it off :bomb:

I also missed it, bought the game 2 days after it was available. Really gay that they took it down. I could see it on there as a song you would have to pay now but taking it off completely, pssh.

[quote name='guyver2077']why the fuck did they have to take down the aerosmith song... i want to play it dammit[/quote]

trust me, you aren't missing a thing. it's a re-record that sounds like shit and the song is easy as hell. i normally play on medium and i was able to 5 star it on expert. it isn't even fun to play at all.

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']trust me, you aren't missing a thing.[/QUOTE]

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

yea it sucks that its completely gone..

question.. if someone else who has their profile on my harddrive purchases a music pack (no doubt for example), will i see the songs available when i log in using my profile?

bread's done
Back