Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - 10/26 DLC: Soundgarden, Rocky Horror

[quote name='kklems']If I buy/rent a used copy of GH:M to go with a new copy of GHWOR would it matter? ie the manual code was never used to import into GHWOR (But maybe into GH 5)[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that as me and friend got NEW copies of GH:M and tried putting the code in for the game and it's saying code has been used. Apparently other people are having same problems with this as well...

My copy showed up from GameFly and I am enjoying it so far. I wasn't a huge fan of the setlist when it was originally confirmed, but there are more songs on here that I like than I realized and the others are definitely growing on me. I like the quest mode that has replaced career mode. It adds some new features while keeping a similar progression (i.e. beat enough 1 song sets and you get to play an encore which opens up a new venue). One thing I still dislike about RB World Tour mode was the long setlists you always got stuck playing.

It looks like Quickplay+ has really been fleshed out with specific star challenges for each song. Also you can play either Quickplay+ or Quest by yourself or in a band made up of any mix of instruments which makes it easy to jump right in and get playing.

The achievements are a nice mix across all game modes and most people who can play at an above average level should be able to get 1000/1000 in the game in around 30-40 hours.

I didn't try the competitive online at all, but that isn't really my cup of tea anyways. There is only one achievement that requires XBL anyways.

As for the Metallica Export, you need a code from both the GH WoR and GH Metallica manuals to redeem online, but as was posted people are reporting that they are having problems with the code they are receiving.

GH:WoR is a fine effort, but in the end I still think RB3 is going to be a better game since Harmonix usually brings the goods in their games and they are definitely adding alot more new features and functionality. I'll give activision credit in that they aren't just mailing in their GH releases as they did with the likes of GHWT, GH:M & GH:VH. Die hard fans of the GH series or music games in general will probably be satisfied paying full price for this one, but if you have invested a lot of msp into your RB music collection and are going to drop some more $$$ on RB3 and the new pro mode peripherals then there is probably no reason to pick this up until it hits clearance or a good deal hits.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']
As for the Metallica Export, you need a code from both the GH WoR and GH Metallica manuals to redeem online, but as was posted people are reporting that they are having problems with the code they are receiving.
[/QUOTE]

I had zero issue doing it (and got the full 25 digit code). From what I have seen, these are the only reasons you could have trouble.
1) It is only for US
2) If your code has not been used i.e. via the GH Met Website or using it in Game via the Offer section

GH:WoR is a fine effort, but in the end I still think RB3 is going to be a better game since Harmonix usually brings the goods in their games and they are definitely adding alot more new features and functionality. I'll give activision credit in that they aren't just mailing in their GH releases as they did with the likes of GHWT, GH:M & GH:VH. Die hard fans of the GH series or music games in general will probably be satisfied paying full price for this one, but if you have invested a lot of msp into your RB music collection and are going to drop some more $$$ on RB3 and the new pro mode peripherals then there is probably no reason to pick this up until it hits clearance or a good deal hits.

I agree with this. GH:WoR actually feels like a different release than before. For me, I picked it up to hold me over until RB3 releases.

Seeing as it is approximately $6 to get the music transfer... You could wait for the game to drop $15 before getting it, thus saving you almost $10 XD

[quote name='lordopus99']I had zero issue doing it (and got the full 25 digit code). From what I have seen, these are the only reasons you could have trouble.
1) It is only for US
2) If your code has not been used i.e. via the GH Met Website or using it in Game via the Offer section[/QUOTE]

haha, I saw people complaining about it on x360a.org but didn't pay much attention to it. Most of the people that bitch on there about something not working or achievements being glitched are doing something wrong anyways. I think most of the people were outside of the US. I could see people putting in their code via the in game interface and mistakenly spending the points on it though. You have to register on the redemption website to get the code and you need a manual from GHWoR as well so if you GF this you are SoL.

[quote name='lordopus99']
I agree with this. GH:WoR actually feels like a different release than before. For me, I picked it up to hold me over until RB3 releases.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just gamefly'ed it for a couple weeks. Will probably get as many achievements as I can for now then ship it back. Will pick it up in a deal somewhere along the way.

[quote name='Torazo']Seeing as it is approximately $6 to get the music transfer... You could wait for the game to drop $15 before getting it, thus saving you almost $10 XD[/QUOTE]

Yea the free GH Metallica import isn't a huge value in the end, especially if you get MSP cheap or free from the text promotions. The $20 coupon at Kmart isn't a bad deal but you can't use it until next week. I more or less picked it up because had finished up most of Halo Reach and NHL 11 and I wanted a music game to play prior to RB3 being released. If you wait until Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock 2 releases next September you will be able to pick this up for $15 at Target clearance. :lol:

Ack...I want to use the code from my traded-in copy of GH: Metallica and get the free code, but I don't want to buy this game anytime soon because I know it'll be $20 or less in no time.

Tsk tsk tsk...unless I can somehow get a WoR manual code I'll have to pony up the ~$6 I suppose. Still cheaper than getting the game now, even with the KMart coupon.

So wait, how do we export the Metallica songs? I need both a Metallica code and a World Tour one?

I don't plan to pick up Warriors of Rock (until it's around $10), but I'd like to play Metallica songs in GH5

[quote name='lolwut?']So wait, how do we export the Metallica songs? I need both a Metallica code and a World Tour one?

I don't plan to pick up Warriors of Rock (until it's around $10), but I'd like to play Metallica songs in GH5[/QUOTE]

I think the gh metallica songs only import into the new game gh wor so i've understood it that way. like most people, i'll wait it out for a price drop, clearance, sale or something else. with the faulty discs, repetitive of the game and such it's not worth retail price of $60 so i'd rather pay the $6 late on instead.

[quote name='lolwut?']So wait, how do we export the Metallica songs? I need both a Metallica code and a World Tour one?

I don't plan to pick up Warriors of Rock (until it's around $10), but I'd like to play Metallica songs in GH5[/QUOTE]

[quote name='intoxicated662']I think the gh metallica songs only import into the new game gh wor so i've understood it that way. like most people, i'll wait it out for a price drop, clearance, sale or something else. with the faulty discs, repetitive of the game and such it's not worth retail price of $60 so i'd rather pay the $6 late on instead.[/QUOTE]

You can import songs from these titles:

GH World Tour
Band Hero
GH 5
GH Metallica
GH Smash Hits

for use in these 3 titles:

GH WoR
Band Hero
GH5

They have attempted to consolidate their libraries and DLC so they work with all the newer games, similar to what Rock Band has done.

In order to import you need to enter the code from the back of the manual. You go to the in-game store and enter the code. Then you are prompted to pay msp for the import.

For the FREE GH Metallica import you need a manual code from both GH WoR and GH Metallica. You enter both online here:

http://hub.guitarhero.com/metallicaimport/

And they will send you a code to download the Metallica songs.

Do not enter the GH Metallica code in game or it will prompt you to pay via msp.

All the details for the importing can be found here (including song lists that import from each game):

http://hub.guitarhero.com/dlc101/import

Finally, they have extended the date for the FREE GH Metallica import to 10/12!

Any more thoughts on the new guitar? My RB2 Strat is about to die and is basically unusable at this point so I'm looking for a replacement...not sure I want to plunk down the extra cash for a "pro" guitar for RB3 (especially because I'm already going to be spending more to get the keyboard).

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']You can import songs from these titles:

GH World Tour
Band Hero
GH 5
GH Metallica
GH Smash Hits

for use in these 3 titles:

GH WoR
Band Hero
GH5

They have attempted to consolidate their libraries and DLC so they work with all the newer games, similar to what Rock Band has done.

In order to import you need to enter the code from the back of the manual. You go to the in-game store and enter the code. Then you are prompted to pay msp for the import.

For the FREE GH Metallica import you need a manual code from both GH WoR and GH Metallica. You enter both online here:

And they will send you a code to download the Metallica songs.

Do not enter the GH Metallica code in game or it will prompt you to pay via msp.

All the details for the importing can be found here (including song lists that import from each game):

http://hub.guitarhero.com/dlc101/import

Finally, they have extended the date for the FREE GH Metallica import to 10/12![/QUOTE]

But I don't wanna buy gh wor just yet until it hits the clearance bins/or until it's $20 or less really. My question is, can you import the gh metallica songs into gh5? I read what you stated, but i'd like a for sure answer. Last time they made a statement like this then I found out at the last minute some songs were taken out and what not and it ended up being not worth it for me. So can you do gh metallica import to>gh5? Can you import gh wor into gh5?

I'm really loving the game. More so than I did previous installments. And while I usually play the hardest songs in the game, I find myself playing Jet City Woman a fucking lot.

Also, I fucking love playing Black Widow of La Porte. John 5 ftw.

[quote name='GhostShark'] I find myself playing Jet City Woman a fucking lot. .[/QUOTE]

One of my all time favorite songs and it kills me that it's in this game and not RB. :bomb:

so activision fails the consumer again. I managed to get 2 gh metallica unique owner id codes and tried importing the gh metallica songs into gh5 but no luck. Did a google search and came across a few people stating that activision hasn't updated the support for that feature yet. So the only way to import the songs is by using the gh wor game disc which sucks. I didn't want to buy the game just yet so this sucks. By the way, anyone have any insight on this? It states on the activision gh website that it is compatible and able to work, but as I stated that is not the case right now. False advertising/misleading in a sense..

i wish i still had my manual for gh metallica! My 2 year old daughter tends to open my cases to get a hold of the manuals and god only knows where half of them are!!!

[quote name='DJP519']I had no problem doing a Metallica import. Used the website, not the in-game menu.[/QUOTE]

I guess you didn't read correctly what I typed. I do not own gh wor right now and don't plan to buy it anytime soon until there's a price drop/clearance. Therefore, I want to import gh metallica into gh5 right now but can't because I keep getting a message stating that my code cannot be recognize even though I type it exactly as it is in the manual. Anyone know of a solution?

[quote name='intoxicated662']I guess you didn't read correctly what I typed. I do not own gh wor right now and don't plan to buy it anytime soon until there's a price drop/clearance. Therefore, I want to import gh metallica into gh5 right now but can't because I keep getting a message stating that my code cannot be recognize even though I type it exactly as it is in the manual. Anyone know of a solution?[/QUOTE]

I am not aware you can export GH:Metallica into GH5. I thought it was only for GH:WoR

[quote name='lordopus99']I am not aware you can export GH:Metallica into GH5. I thought it was only for GH:WoR[/QUOTE]

yeah, alot of people don't know but it's on the link that someone posted earlier for guitar hero hub. Plus, if you load up gh5 and go to options, import list it's on there along with smash hits, tour, band hero. It's getting to the point where I feel like i'm going to have to give in and get gh wor or just play the waiting game..

[quote name='intoxicated662']...So the only way to import the songs is by using the gh wor game disc which sucks...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='intoxicated662']I guess you didn't read correctly what I typed. I do not own gh wor right now and don't plan to buy it anytime soon until there's a price drop/clearance. Therefore, I want to import gh metallica into gh5 right now but can't because I keep getting a message stating that my code cannot be recognize even though I type it exactly as it is in the manual. Anyone know of a solution?[/QUOTE]

You don't need a GH:WOR game disc. You DO need an owner's code from both the GH:WOR game manual and the Metallica game manual. But I guess I didn't read correctly what you didn't say correctly...

[quote name='DJP519']You don't need a GH:WOR game disc. You DO need an owner's code from both the GH:WOR game manual and the Metallica game manual. But I guess I didn't read correctly what you didn't say correctly...[/QUOTE]

You failed. Go read what I typed in. Put gh5 into your 360 and load it up. Go to options, import list and you'll see gh metallica is available to do so. Again, it's on the guitar hero hub website as well. I am not trying to import gh metallica into gh wor as i've stated numerous times before, I do not own the game yet and do not intend on purchasing it anytime soon. Therefore, i'd rather just import the gh metallica into gh5 which I already own. Got it?

Drop the attitude, I was trying to be helpful. Geez.

Also, perhaps they aren't enabling the paid option for the export until after the 7-day free export window (for early purchasers of WOR) expires, which I believe is either today or tomorrow. Try checking the in-game menu again on Wednesday, see if it works then.

[quote name='DJP519']Drop the attitude, I was trying to be helpful. Geez.

Also, perhaps they aren't enabling the paid option for the export until after the 7-day free export window (for early purchasers of WOR) expires, which I believe is either today or tomorrow. Try checking the in-game menu again on Wednesday, see if it works then.[/QUOTE]

No attitude, just won't tolerate someone trying to go back and forth with me when I am stating something from my own experience. But yeah, I don't know if it is free or would be charged right now if it did work but i'm guessing as well that after october 12th they'll start charging for it. But as I stated before, on the website it states one thing and it allows me to do it in the gh5 options/import part of the game so the gh website is misleading and it's false advertising and they need to fix it quick. I'm just going to wait it out until there's a for sure answer and gh wor I will not purchase until later on down the line.

So even though on the gh hub website it states you can import some of the gh metallica songs into gh5 you actually can't and it is misleading & false advertising by activision. You can only do it right now for importing all of those games into gh wor. So essentially, they are trying to get people to buy gh wor and for doing so, you save the import fee (about $6 or so I am guessing) so again, i'll wait for a price drop or until I can find a deal on the game. I think it's complete bullshit how they are handling this and falsifying things to us. Here's a reply from an email that I got from activision customer support:

"Response (Nick Bee) - 10/04/2010 05:29 PM
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Activision’s Technical Support. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. At this time, you cannot import songs from Guitar Hero: Metallica into GH5. It may be available at a later date, but I do not know if or when it will be available.

Auto-Response - 10/04/2010 05:26 PM
-

Title: Unique owner ID code is invalid"

I got a working copy of the game today. I've played through half of the quest mode. That Rush 2112 thing was kinda weird.

I really didn't have a problem with the songs in the first half of the game. Quite a few really fun songs to play. I've looked at the last 4 set lists and I'm not super impressed with the second half of the songs.

The game setup seems so weird. I don't really understand the quest mode. It doesn't have the traditional stars or even scores for the songs. Looking at the achievements, it seems they really want you to play the Quickplay + mode.

Still loving the new guitar.

[quote name='intoxicated662']so activision fails the consumer again. I managed to get 2 gh metallica unique owner id codes and tried importing the gh metallica songs into gh5 but no luck. Did a google search and came across a few people stating that activision hasn't updated the support for that feature yet. So the only way to import the songs is by using the gh wor game disc which sucks. I didn't want to buy the game just yet so this sucks. By the way, anyone have any insight on this? It states on the activision gh website that it is compatible and able to work, but as I stated that is not the case right now. False advertising/misleading in a sense..[/QUOTE]

Hey, you say you've got 2 Metallica owner IDs? I have 2 Warriors of Rock owner IDs. I got a replacement copy of WoR from Activison today and they sent me the complete case and everything. So, I have the code from the defective disc and from the new copy I just got.

Do you want to trade codes? I think you can go to the website below with the codes to get an Xbox Live code to download Metallica, right? So, you should be able to get it free even though you've only got GH5.

[quote name='Hoffer']Hey, you say you've got 2 Metallica owner IDs? I have 2 Warriors of Rock owner IDs. I got a replacement copy of WoR from Activison today and they sent me the complete case and everything. So, I have the code from the defective disc and from the new copy I just got.

Do you want to trade codes? I think you can go to the website below with the codes to get an Xbox Live code to download Metallica, right? So, you should be able to get it free even though you've only got GH5.

http://hub.guitarhero.com/metallicaimport/[/QUOTE]

Yes, PM sent and I forgot about that idea lol. Thanks for reminding me and the help too. So to those who own gh wor, how is it so far? worth buying or wait for it to go on sale cheap? I didn't like the demo much due to the songs provided and I don't care much for career mode or whatever it is..

For what it's worth, I confirmed that the Metallica songs are available to play in GH5 once you are able to export/download them.

I agree the quest is bizarre. The warrior characters are just weird. And I personally despise Rush, so I hate that I was forced to play that entire album straight-thru. Never again.

That said, Quickplay+ is a nice evolution from the challenges they built into career mode in GH5.

I rented a copy from a local store, but it's going back tomorrow. I won't miss it, I don't think. I will probably pick up a cheap copy a few months down the road to finish the rest of the achievements that just require lots of play.

Summary opinion: the game is decent but not great, if you didn't get a copy in the first week, don't bother getting it now. Wait for a price drop. RB3 promises to have a lot more innovations and exciting variations.

[quote name='DJP519']For what it's worth, I confirmed that the Metallica songs are available to play in GH5 once you are able to export/download them.

I agree the quest is bizarre. The warrior characters are just weird. And I personally despise Rush, so I hate that I was forced to play that entire album straight-thru. Never again.

That said, Quickplay+ is a nice evolution from the challenges they built into career mode in GH5.

I rented a copy from a local store, but it's going back tomorrow. I won't miss it, I don't think. I will probably pick up a cheap copy a few months down the road to finish the rest of the achievements that just require lots of play.

Summary opinion: the game is decent but not great, if you didn't get a copy in the first week, don't bother getting it now. Wait for a price drop. RB3 promises to have a lot more innovations and exciting variations.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information. :)

I might rent a copy of Warriors then. :)

Yea, I sent my copy back to GameFly today. Enjoyed my one playthrough of the quest mode. Went back and dominated 4 chapters for a few more achievements but it was becoming too much of a grind to keep playing alot of these songs. I realized that while I liked the setlist at first a lot of it was because you are able to skip a couple songs in each chapter on your initial playthrough. Having to play everything over again including the songs I skipped to dominate the quest was a bit too time consuming.

Didn't really touch the Quickplay+ other than to get a few achievements. I found it very difficult to even get into a 4 player band and complete a couple songs when searching for randoms. Everyone would quit out if the song they picked wasn't first in the setlist or they would pick the most difficult songs and everyone would fail out. If you have friends to play with this mode would be alot of fun

In the end I got a one week music game fix that will hold me over until RB3 comes out, a free metallica import, & 600gs. I'll probably pick it up on the cheap somewhere down the line and polish off the other stuff, but for now I have had enough. You'll be able to score a used copy from GF or wherever for under $20 before too long.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']

In the end I got a one week music game fix that will hold me over until RB3 comes out, a free metallica import, & 600gs. I'll probably pick it up on the cheap somewhere down the line and polish off the other stuff, but for now I have had enough. You'll be able to score a used copy from GF or wherever for under $20 before too long.[/QUOTE]

How did you get the free Metallica import from renting a Gamefly game? I thought the import code for WOR was on the manual like the others?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']How did you get the free Metallica import from renting a Gamefly game? I thought the import code for WOR was on the manual like the others?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you need the import code from the WoR and Metallica game to get it free. With just the WoR disc, you can import the Metallica content with its import code, but it costs $6.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']How did you get the free Metallica import from renting a Gamefly game? I thought the import code for WOR was on the manual like the others?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a WoR manual code via trade. Already had GH Metallica. Entered both on the website and got a code to download the songs.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I picked up a WoR manual code via trade. Already had GH Metallica. Entered both on the website and got a code to download the songs.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, that's what I figured just wanted to clarify.

I accidentally got a code for the My Chemical Romance track pack, not a fan of the band so here it is for anyone who's too lazy to sign up for MyCoke rewards:
MXX99-HYHJ2-T7D63-DXW9M-2KYDZ

bread's done
Back