Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

Sent 3 games (UC3, Madden 12 & Resistance 3) in last Monday and received money through Paypal today, $56 and change total.

Just rechecked my confirmation email and they actually upgraded a game I sent as "very good" to "like new" so I got about an extra buck.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']has it been discussed re: setting up a wiki for TIV for this trade-in program? i am completely amazed at some of the prices they are shelling out for these.

i took heed a few weeks ago (the first week of july) when i saw that lego potter 5-7 :wii: @ $28.50-ish and warhammer 40K :ps3: $25.50-ish. can't remember if it was on this thread or not but ncaa football 12 :ps3: @ $24.xx, madden nfl 12 :wii: @ $26.xx, and sonic generation :ps3: $25.xx, all traded in with no problem. graded the :ps3: 'like new' and the :360:/:wii: games 'very good'.

was feeling lucky and tried these two and TIV for lor: war in the north :ps3: @ $22.50 and puss in boots :360: @ $26.50 (which REALLY blew my mind). but the lego potter/rayman origins is by far the best.

i agree with the poster above, it is much easier to list these 'very good' than 'like new' (even if they are 'brand new', to reduce the hassle).

took them two (2) + weeks to receive them, i was credited the next day (i chose the half.com certificate). the TIV for all of the above have held since july 4th.[/QUOTE]
Redacted

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok just submitted my first order. 8 games and only 2 are opened never played (one disc isn't flawless looking though) and rest sealed. perhaps I just leave most of the plastic on so the checker knows they're brand new?

really wish there was a dc#. I'm guessing half.com credit doesn't work on ebay? put it for paypal this time anyway. will pack later in the day. as long was it's brought to a post office by the date it's fine right?

[quote name='DudeImGodly']A certain moderator (promise im not talking shit shrike :D) doesnt like when we openly discuss flipping, contact velo214 to get an invite to the group.[/QUOTE]

got it. thanks for the heads up. i will edit accordingly.

The PS3 game I had rejected was submitted under 'Acceptable' and still rejected. It was a lower priced game, so the difference between the like new, very good, & acceptable price was not much.

I figured I would grade low for my first 'test trade' and not have to worry about them rejecting, but that was not the case.

In their own description for 'Acceptable', they say CD's and DVD's must not skip, jump, or freeze. Also, must be covered by a plastic case.

My submission exceeded all of their requirements...the disc was scratch free, played perfectly, and was complete in original case with artwork and manual.

What I'm saying is that undergrading to Very Good as someone suggested may not guarantee that your trade will be accepted. I haven't received my item back yet, but I'll update once I do.

[quote name='k1ngster']What was it rejected for?[/QUOTE]

The reason stated was 'The Disk has scratches and could not be refurbished.Companion disks have scratches.'

UPDATE - Received the game back today. The case looked a little scuffed, the cover art and manual were still there, but the disc looks like they played warehouse hockey with it. It is scratched to hell...never seen a blu-ray scratched this bad, and has 12 very noticeable chips around the edges. The chipping is so bad, even Gamefly would be ashamed to ship something like this. I honestly don't know if this is my original disc all beat to hell now, or if they pulled a switcheroo. I'm glad I only sent the one lower priced game as a test trade.

It was also not packaged well, loose in a box about 10 times too large for it, with a media mail label. The return address also just had an individuals name, not a business name.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF!? That is really bizarre. I just sent a box with 5 games in it today. They better not pull that crap on me. I wonder if it is someone within their system doing this to steal certain games? Do you mind posting what game it was?

Unfortunately, unlike Amazon, there is probably no one to contact to deal with the issue.

I just had my 2 orders accepted. Only one of my games was rejected because I botch the Warehouse deals sticker removal so there was a bit of sticker residue left.

My send send in 2 game and he told me today he got a notice one of the game is rejected for having a damaged case... do u guys ship game to half with bubble envelope or box?

[quote name='Xellos2099']My send send in 2 game and he told me today he got a notice one of the game is rejected for having a damaged case... do u guys ship game to half with bubble envelope or box?[/QUOTE]

I don't like all these rejections since I just sent in my first big order after trying (successfully) with 5 smaller orders (but none in a week or so).

I sent my first few in small bubble mailers no problem - at least one each via Parcel Post and Media Mail. I just used a box for an order of 5 though.

I'm going to be sending in a bunch of sealed games to them soon. I prefer Media Mail to Parcel Post and since I send big orders, I use a box of course.

The only game I ever had rejected I labeled as "like new" and it still have a little sticker goo on the front cover. Half.com is great they are just really particular.

I have gotten 1 rejected game. It is Ratchet and Clank All 4 one saying it is an unauthorized copy. Just so you guys know if you input the upc code on half instant sale for this game it accepts, but the number changes and that is probably the reason they won't accept it. When you submit your quotes make sure the UPC codes MATCHES or they will probably reject it. It is in the process being mail back to me. It was sealed copy too.

[quote name='twinton']The reason stated was 'The Disk has scratches and could not be refurbished.Companion disks have scratches.'

UPDATE - Received the game back today. The case looked a little scuffed, the cover art and manual were still there, but the disc looks like they played warehouse hockey with it. It is scratched to hell...never seen a blu-ray scratched this bad, and has 12 very noticeable chips around the edges. The chipping is so bad, even Gamefly would be ashamed to ship something like this. I honestly don't know if this is my original disc all beat to hell now, or if they pulled a switcheroo. I'm glad I only sent the one lower priced game as a test trade.

It was also not packaged well, loose in a box about 10 times too large for it, with a media mail label. The return address also just had an individuals name, not a business name.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this doesn't happen to me or anyone else. I just purchased some of those games and opened them, then played them once, and then sent them off.

Okay, so I just got my first rejection and it was for Resistance 3. They cited "Companion disks have scratches." as a reason for rejection. Thing is it was still brand new and sealed so WTF? On another note the 2nd copy of Resistance 3 sent separately in the same condition got accepted. Bizarre!

Has anyone had sealed games accepted? Maybe they just don't accept sealed games. I know GameStop doesn't, because of pawn shop laws.

Either way, I recommend opening games before sending them in.

[quote name='illennium']Has anyone had sealed games accepted? Maybe they just don't accept sealed games. I know GameStop doesn't, because of pawn shop laws.

Either way, I recommend opening games before sending them in.[/QUOTE]

everyone has had sealed games accepted.

[quote name='illennium']Has anyone had sealed games accepted? Maybe they just don't accept sealed games. I know GameStop doesn't, because of pawn shop laws.

Either way, I recommend opening games before sending them in.[/QUOTE]
I have sent in nothing but sealed games and so far all have been accepted. Maybe they are getting too many trade-ins (oops I mean Instant Sales) due to the extra exposure recently and are rejecting games for pant reason now.

did a madden wii and ps3 and then a warhammer ps3. Paid $25, had a $5 cert.

Gonna get $65. I am saving up a security deposit for new apt so every penny helps!!!

I'm about to send my first couple games in today (both of which are sealed). These recent rejections are making me really nervous though. I hate companies that function like this. If you can't keep up with the trade in value of games, get the hell out of the business. Don't con people and make up lies about the items they're sending in. I'll be livid if I send in sealed games and they open them, reject them, and then send them back.

Here's some information on Half.com's Instant Sale program for anybody who wants to raise hell if this goes bad.

Half.com has partnered with Elovations to conduct the Instant Sale program. Elovations will receive, grade, and process the items on behalf of buyers. Just like regular selling, Half.com is a facilitator between the seller (you) and the buyer of your item. Throughout the Instant Sale flow, whenever we use the term "we" or "us," we mean Half.com or Elovations, as applicable.

You'll be provided with a free shipping label which you can print and use to ship the order to Elovations. Through Instant Sale, our first priority is to bring value to you by offering top dollar for your books, CDs, and DVDs. But if the item doesn't meet minimum condition requirements or is damaged beyond repair, it will be shipped back to you for free. Our commitment to you is that your items will be handled responsibly and evaluated fairly.

Find out more about Instant Sale.

Elovations
1850 Airport Exchange Blvd
Erlanger, KY 41018
859-282-8191
http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Elovations.859-282-8191

Also, here's a link to directly contact Half.com's customer support. If their "partner" starts screwing people, they should definitely be made aware of it.

http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/wiz...l=http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/index.html#

When i first saw this tread i was thinking this is a great option for trade ins. Now i am thinking it is way to much trouble to be worth it. If i send it games and they send me back some crap that looks beat up, i will personally pay them a visit.

It appears that the CEO/Co-Founder of NorAm (Amazon trades) is a 50 percent owner of Elovations. There are a few articles out there that state this, and say that both companies are/or will be relocating to Kentucky.

Here's a link to one article.

[quote name='twinton']It appears that the CEO/Co-Founder of NorAm (Amazon trades) is a 50 percent owner of Elovations. There are a few articles out there that state this, and say that both companies are/or will be relocating to Kentucky.

Here's a link to one article.[/QUOTE]

I'm okay with this. fuck having to send games to new hampshire. Shit takes forever.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']I'm okay with this. fuck having to send games to new hampshire. Shit takes forever.[/QUOTE]

One possible problem that may result is that they are going to have a bunch of new employees in KY processing these trade-ins, since they planned to let go of the staff of 200 in NH. Inexperienced staff may be one of the reasons for inconsistency with acceptance/rejections right now. They'll probably get everything worked out eventually.

I also noticed Michael Dugally had his hand in Game Trade Technologies (Hunt Valley, MD). Isn't that where Toys R Us or Gazelle trades were shipped to at one time? I know I used to ship a lot of stuff to Hunt Valley, MD....I just forget what company it was to.

Yeah, I think Gazelle stuf when to MD. I know I sent stuff there and I never did online trades with TRU.

[quote name='twinton']
I also noticed Michael Dugally had his hand in Game Trade Technologies (Hunt Valley, MD). Isn't that where Toys R Us or Gazelle trades were shipped to at one time? I know I used to ship a lot of stuff to Hunt Valley, MD....I just forget what company it was to.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='io']Yeah, I think Gazelle stuf when to MD. I know I sent stuff there and I never did online trades with TRU.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy early on also went to Hunt Valley, MD.

I've had a couple boxes that they received (the first two I sent in) just sitting there for a while. They were new games that I tore open, and I did the "verygood" rather than "like new" anyway. Hopefully they are not playing hockey with them.

Actually, what the Hell! I just logged into my half.com account and a total of 5 games were sent in. They bumped 4 from "very good" to "like new" and are paying me more and rejected the 5th for this reason:

Reason:The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear.

What the hell? I didn't even open the box, so maybe the booklet is worn (due to some manufacturing defect) but what does that have to do with anything!
EDIT: not to mention that the description for "very good" includes slight wear on the game and boxes -- so "slight to moderate" wear on the booklet is enough to reject? I'm pretty upset, but I guess I'd be more upset if the bump in value from the other 4 didn't almost make up that difference. What a bunch of weirdos.

I have shipped 4 games and no issues at all. I actually got more money than what I was quoted for BF3. I ended up getting $21 when I was supposed to get $19.

So far: Resistance 3 = $18
Sonic (the most recent one) 360 = $30
Rayman Origins = $30
Battlefield 3 = $21.

Can't complain.

Must say that I shipped Left 4 Dead 2 on Amazon and was returned as "Disc Damaged". The game had some scratches but it wasn't that bad. To make matters worse, they put a HUGE STICKER on the actual disk saying "DAMAGED" (on the side read by the console). This pissed me off like crazy.

[quote name='DerClaw']Actually, what the Hell! I just logged into my half.com account and a total of 5 games were sent in. They bumped 4 from "very good" to "like new" and are paying me more and rejected the 5th for this reason:

Reason:The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear.
[/QUOTE]

Did they actually returned it? One of my games was processed and paid even thou they also posted a "reason: minor scratch on case" to my account

I just got email concerning the four games I sent in. Three were accepted and one brand new, never played game was rejected because the case and never touched manual supposedly showed signs of wear. I think someone needs some new glasses!

I doubt I will send any more in if they are going to reject brand new stuff. Hopefully it won't come back completely trashed.

Sending in my first order of 10 games 7 sealed, 3 opened ones, 2 of which were "new" from gamestop (one of them looks played but I put like new after cleaning it and I am a little bit worried) and 1 used. I am trading in Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 for Nintendo DS and when I put in the UPC it goes to trade in the 3DS version but also shows the picture of the DS version. I am a but confused but I did select the return option in case they reject it. I packaged them all securely in an old Amazon box I had laying around with the air packs and bubble wrap and printed it as media mail so I am hoping for no issues and a fast shipment since some of the Parcel Post horror stories scared me away from it. I also took pictures of each game and each part of the packaging process to CMA in case of any issues.

One thing I don't get about the free labels is that video games aren't supposed to be shipped via Media Mail according to USPS guidelines and it says that USPS can inspect all media mail packages.
Since I'm living in Hawaii Parcel/Media mail is out for me takes almost 3 weeks. I started shipping my orders via USPS First Class Mail (paid myself via PayPal shipping) and offers me Delivery Confirmation. Will probably do a Priority Mail Flat Rate Box in the future whenever my 6 games that they never received "in-time and canceled" come back to me.

^ I was thinnking about shipping 1st since I wouldnt mind paying w/ DC. But I ended just using the Label since it had a barcode and require no other labels were to be use.

I guess youll just paste their label and and the PP label together?

to be honest, I was worried that they might reject the trade due to not shipping how they want us too. Let us know how it goes with the trade though..

[quote name='Palinn']I just got email concerning the four games I sent in. Three were accepted and one brand new, never played game was rejected because the case and never touched manual supposedly showed signs of wear. I think someone needs some new glasses!

I doubt I will send any more in if they are going to reject brand new stuff. Hopefully it won't come back completely trashed.[/QUOTE]

Wow, really?
Was it sealed? I would call them if they did that to me.

Posting this again (wish the OP was a Wiki so I could just add it) so people can complain about brand new games being rejected. Getting things like "unauthorized copy" or even "shows signs of wear" is a complete joke when Half.com goes out of its way to say this:

Our commitment to you is that your items will be handled responsibly and evaluated fairly.

If people don't speak up about it, they won't know there's an issue.

Elovations
Erlanger, KY 41018
859-282-8191
http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...s.859-282-8191

Also, here's a link to directly contact Half.com's customer support. If their "partner" starts screwing people, they should definitely be made aware of it.

http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/wiza.../index.html#

Just got payment for six "like new" games. I was expecting a painful process, but I shipped on Monday from Minneapolis and I just received payment today. I'm still skeptical after all the horror stories I've heard, but I'll definitely use them again.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Posting this again (wish the OP was a Wiki so I could just add it) so people can complain about brand new games being rejected. Getting things like "unauthorized copy" or even "shows signs of wear" is a complete joke when Half.com goes out of its way to say this:

If people don't speak up about it, they won't know there's an issue.

Elovations
Erlanger, KY 41018
859-282-8191
http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...s.859-282-8191

http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/wiza.../index.html#[/QUOTE]

The links don't work.
There's "...'s" in the link so I don't think you copy and pasted it right

[quote name='ets']Maybe people should post what games are being rejected to see if there is a pattern.[/QUOTE]

Great idea but I'm batting 1000

All accepted LIKE NEW but i keep everything mint

Space Marine $22
Infamous 2 $14
NCAA 12 $21
Resistance 3 $18
Rayman $32

me lovez half

[quote name='scarhawk']The links don't work.
There's "...'s" in the link so I don't think you copy and pasted it right[/QUOTE]

Weird...no idea why those didn't paste right. Try these.

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Elovations.859-282-8191

http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/wiz...l=http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/index.html#

(if the Half.com one doesn't work, you'll have to go through their stupid automated help system yourself before they give you an option to contact them directly)

http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/wizard/index.html

[quote name='mathyou']Just got payment for six "like new" games. I was expecting a painful process, but I shipped on Monday from Minneapolis... [/QUOTE]

There's my competition. Just please leave some for me around the Plymouth area. :)

bread's done
Back