Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

[quote name='io']Wow, this is getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
I feel you. I am currently 23/24, but that 1 rejection has left a bad taste in my mouth. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt only if the 1 rejected game wasn't sealed. I have 5 more games in transit, but I think I'm through with them.

We should start compiling better information. Anybody posting that they've had an issue, please state what games you sent in and for what system, their condition (sealed, fresh out of shrink wrap, from personal collection, etc), packaging (box, bubble mailer, etc), and shipment method (Media Mail or Parcel Post).

If we're going to be able to spot any kind of pattern, this would help. Half.com's customer support may not be great, but if they're shacking up with outright crooks, we can make our voices heard. Whether it's contacting the BBB, or even the local police department in Erlanger, KY, this company can't just openly scam people and get away with it.

ok, getting a bit worry here, so far I send out a total of 5 package, 4 of them were receive and process within a week of me dropping them off the post office. The fifth one has 4 games and it is ship with parcel post and it is day 8 or 9 and there is still no record of it being receive. I live in IL so it is NOT far at all to shipping point.

Got mine paid out. Whole process took two weeks and I don't think I will use them again. Whatever margin that worked in my favor was not worth the hassle.

[quote name='Xellos2099']ok, getting a bit worry here, so far I send out a total of 5 package, 4 of them were receive and process within a week of me dropping them off the post office. The fifth one has 4 games and it is ship with parcel post and it is day 8 or 9 and there is still no record of it being receive. I live in IL so it is NOT far at all to shipping point.[/QUOTE]

It's probably there, just not checked yet.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Posting this again (wish the OP was a Wiki so I could just add it) so people can complain about brand new games being rejected. Getting things like "unauthorized copy" or even "shows signs of wear" is a complete joke when Half.com goes out of its way to say this:

If people don't speak up about it, they won't know there's an issue.

Elovations
1850 Airport Exchange Blvd
Erlanger, KY 41018
859-282-8191
http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...s.859-282-8191

Also, here's a link to directly contact Half.com's customer support. If their "partner" starts screwing people, they should definitely be made aware of it.

http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/wiza.../index.html#[/QUOTE]

Just made it a wiki.

I love all of you with this sort of self entitlement syndrome: "I've sent in 50 games, but only 49 of them were accepted." "I'm trying to flip my games for more profit, but it's not working in a timely manner." Give everyone a damn break from your bitching and moaning...

Rant for August completed.

[quote name='mabuhay13']I love all of you with this sort of self entitlement syndrome: "I've sent in 50 games, but only 49 of them were accepted." "I'm trying to flip my games for more profit, but it's not working in a timely manner." Give everyone a damn break from your bitching and moaning...

Rant for August completed.[/QUOTE]

Complaining about it taking a while I can give you.

When you send your games in brand new and they say the case is destroyed how is that acceptable? I don't care what your or anyone elses view on flipping is, it is irrelevant to this. Half.com is not taking care of the products we legally own and are sending them and then penalizing us because of their mistakes.

But here's the thing, you give up those rights by taking that chance. I didn't read any of the terms and agreements (I'm pretty sure there is something about something about something that covers their asses hidden in the fine print). I also accept the fact that I might/might not get my game back in the condition that I sent it in.

If it was my business, I would try and be as honest as possible. But we all know these companies care about one thing...and it sure as hell not any of us...

I know they said 10 orders per quarter. Is the per quarter from my first instant sale or do they mean Jan - March, April - June, July to Sept...etc?

I guess I have yet to get unlucky so far (knock on wood)...

My stats so far:

I've sent in 8 shipments of 2-7 games each (most in small boxes, some games sealed submitted as like new).

So far 6 of 8 my packages have been paid, one is in processing, and the last one is still marked as not received yet. Total turn-around time from shipment (from Florida) to payment has been about 7-10 days for each.

I haven't had any games denied or downgraded so far, and in 3 of the shipments the games I submitted as "very good" (that had some case wear) were indiscriminately bumped up to "like new" by them.

So, everything has been good for me (so far) and I can't complain. I feel bad for anyone who got screwed over by reckless trigger-happy box openers or shady item inspectors.

I sent in four packages on the same day. Three arrived like 2 weeks later, but this was during the July 4th holiday, so it wasn't terrible. But one was MIA. I also got a message a day later stating that there was light to moderate wear on the cases of two of my games, but they continued to process. About two days later they decided that there was too much wear for them and sent the two games back. I was going to write them off because they had lost a whole package of my games worth 87.xx and returned 2 more of my games, but two days after the message they were returning my games, my last package arrived. A day later that whole package was credited.
All in all not a horrible experience. Just remember that they are sticklers for condition. I did realize that the two games that were sent back were in pretty bad shape(traded their real cases for Gamestop cases :D). I resubmitted them as very good, I'll tell you if they pass.

This program is very good, in my opinion, if you 'hit on'/submit, the right games. Quite honestly, I've never seen anything like it re: the TIV for some games, it is unbelievable. I will continue to trade'em in and honestly, the key to my 'success' thus far, is sending them in bulk. Not one or two titles a pop, sending 6 or 7 of 'those' titles (with the max of 2 per platform but the TIV is about the same on each one of 'those' games, give or take a few bucks). The TIV's have held WAAAAAAY longer than I thought on most (coughing...all) of them. Get it while it's good.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']This program is very good, in my opinion, if you 'hit on'/submit, the right games. Quite honestly, I've never seen anything like it re: the TIV for some games, it is unbelievable. I will continue to trade'em in and honestly, the key to my 'success' thus far, is sending them in bulk. Not one or two titles a pop, sending 6 or 7 of 'those' titles (with the max of 2 per platform but the TIV is about the same on each one of 'those' games, give or take a few bucks). The TIV's have held WAAAAAAY longer than I thought on most (coughing...all) of them. Get it while it's good.[/QUOTE]

we get it. you're flipping. not that cool.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']This program is very good, in my opinion, if you 'hit on'/submit, the right games. Quite honestly, I've never seen anything like it re: the TIV for some games, it is unbelievable. I will continue to trade'em in and honestly, the key to my 'success' thus far, is sending them in bulk. Not one or two titles a pop, sending 6 or 7 of 'those' titles (with the max of 2 per platform but the TIV is about the same on each one of 'those' games, give or take a few bucks). The TIV's have held WAAAAAAY longer than I thought on most (coughing...all) of them. Get it while it's good.[/QUOTE]
You're a fucking genius :drool:

[quote name='scarhawk']You're a fucking genius :drool:[/QUOTE]
you're a fucking asshole. chill the fuck out, dude!

trying to shed some light on these folks all worried about their games not getting received/ripped off. wtf is your problem?

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']you're a fucking asshole. chill the fuck out, dude!

trying to shed some light on these folks all worried about their games not getting received/ripped off. wtf is your problem?[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='DudeImGodly']we get it. you're flipping. not that cool.[/QUOTE]

and what's your point, young buck? this IS CHEAPASSGAMER! not who can be cool in a fucking message board and make snarky little 'not that cool' comments, et. al. have you tried the half.com trade-in program or are you just piggy backing and trying to :)drool:) just be a downer? maybe if you tried the damn program, you might have something positive to report on. jesus!

and while i'm at it (and i may be alone and going out into no man's land here) but i think the op could just as easily be rephrased, 'free money', wtf do you think everyone in this forum is doing this for? not to LOSE money, i hope? try the fucking program and get back to me.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']You and I both :(

Two shipments totaling out around 19 games and $410

I havent had a problem yet and im hoping it stays that way.[/QUOTE]

we get it! you're flipping! not that cool! :drool:

[quote name='DudeImGodly']I think I'm up to 25+ games two rejections that were actually warranted.[/QUOTE]

flipping = not 'that' cool.

hypocrisy is a bitch.

All the packages I've sent, besides 1 since they say it hasn't arrived yet, I have been paid for. Only one game was downgraded, but it wasn't even downgraded from Like New to Very Good.

There were 7 games in the package, only one was downgraded (from $21.02 to $7.88) because they said the case was missing or heavily damaged. Everything I sent in that package was literally brand new sans the cellophane wrap. The games and manual never left the case once. So they damaged it when opening it or something. If I had lost a few dollars I wouldn't care, but to lose 66% of the value due to something they did is just wrong.

I have one more package for them to get and depending on how they review those games it will determine how adamant I am when I contact them.

This is a very good program. I have been paid in full for all 4 of my shipments. I am willing to wait a few extra days to receive more than double what any other retailer is offering. Furthermore, the shipping (like most) is paid. Therefore, I can package the games the way I want so no damage is incurred. Also, I pay for delivery confirmation. Lastly, I always select the option to have my games returned if they are not found to be the same quality. I receive more funds for my trade-ins and I am not locked into using those funds at Half.com. It is a win-win situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kerouac kid']Lastly, I always select the option to have my games returned if they are not found to be the same quality.QUOTE]

Bingo.

Has anyone's PS3 Rayman Origins been changed to Sleeping Dogs or something? I also tried to search for it manually on their site, and only the PS3 version doesn't show up.

[quote name='doc_j88']^^^Yes mine has been changed as well[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine is in transit so I hope they will still credit me.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Haha. You said call.

Fun fact: Half doesn't have a Customer Service you can call.

Funner Fact: Half only does CS emails.

Funnest Fact: They never respond.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this seems like you are throwing your games into an abyss and hoping the abyss throws money back out. I think for half.com people need to consider it just for flipping profitable stuff (and then consider that if they've sent in X games and made a profit, they are going to occasionally have the abyss just steal a game or two -- and consider if they transaction as a whole has been profitable).

If you are just looking to maximize some profit from your backlog or games you have sitting around, this might not be the best option, since there is no CS in order to deal with rejections.

I'd consider half.com a form of gambling, basically. So, are you OK with your games (or some of your games) getting destroyed? If yes, send them in, if no, take them somewhere else.

My order just got received (with the PS3 version of Rayman Origins listed as Sleeping Dogs for PS3) somehow. In the e-mail that confirms that they received it, it listed Sleeping Dogs.

My order just got received today as well. I sent it out the first day I got the label too, which was 7/24. Definitely not going through half.com no matter how much they're paying for my items.

I'm getting a little glitch when I try to list :360: Rayman Origins for instant sale. After checking the two boxes and clicking 'confirm,' I get redirected to the standard eBay error page. However, I'm getting the automated emails from half.com that it has been placed. I should note that I've traded in one copy each of RO for :360: and :ps3: so my first thought was that the error was because I had reached the limit for a specific title, but from other posts, it sounds like it's at least 2 per system per year.

Also noticed that :ps3: Rayman Origins has somehow switched over to show Sleeping Dogs, including that one past transaction.

Well, I guess I'm still early expecting my shipments from 7/26 to have arrived by now. I did end up sending them Parcel Post though because my post office is pretty anal about things that get sent Media Mail (they'll flat out ask you what's in the box). Still, I didn't think Parcel Post would take 10+ days to travel 270 miles. Even if the packages get there, I feel like the chances of them arriving damaged is higher having been in "the system" this long.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']You guys are acting like people are forcing you to send your games in.[/QUOTE]

Not even sure what the point of this comment is. It's a trade in service offered by a big name company (even if it is outsourced). You're acting like people are forcing you to read this thread. Herp derp. :dunce:

[quote name='DudeImGodly']You guys are acting like people are forcing you to send your games in.[/QUOTE]

Not even sure what the point of this comment is. It's a trade in service offered by a big name company (even if it is outsourced). You're acting like people are forcing you to read this thread. Herp derp. :dunce:

I threw a delivery confirmation label on my latest shipment of three games (LHP for Wii, 360 & PS3) which I sent out yesterday. The label is showing expected delivery on 8/11 which is about a week. Will be interesting to see how long between when USPS says it's there and when half.com says it's there. I just got paid for two seven-game shipments that I sent on 7/27. Still have a one-game shipment in processing and the one mentioned above in transit. All told, assuming everything is accepted, I should be looking at about $440 or so.

EDIT: $440 on an outlay of about $180

[quote name='jetsaredim']I threw a delivery confirmation label on my latest shipment of three games (LHP for Wii, 360 & PS3) which I sent out yesterday. The label is showing expected delivery on 8/11 which is about a week. Will be interesting to see how long between when USPS says it's there and when half.com says it's there. I just got paid for two seven-game shipments that I sent on 7/27. Still have a one-game shipment in processing and the one mentioned above in transit. All told, assuming everything is accepted, I should be looking at about $440 or so.

EDIT: $440 on an outlay of about $180[/QUOTE]

No one gives a shit.

[quote name='mabuhay13']No one gives a shit.[/QUOTE]

WTF is wrong with people in this thread? People are just posting information to give others an idea of what is going on. On that topic, my 3 orders were all marked as "received" today (which is interesting because the 3rd order was sent out 2 days after the first 2). Hoping everything is still in the "like new" (ie. sealed) condition that I sent it in. I've got a couple more items I'd like to submit, but I wanted to make sure that everything went ok with these ones first.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']WTF is wrong with people in this thread? People are just posting information to give others an idea of what is going on. [/QUOTE]

I concur. Someone made out pretty well with trading in successfully, and wanted to boast a little about it. No need to bad-mouth them or berate them.

Meanies should stay out of threads.:D

[quote name='n8rockerasu']On that topic, my 3 orders were all marked as "received" today (which is interesting because the 3rd order was sent out 2 days after the first 2). Hoping everything is still in the "like new" (ie. sealed) condition that I sent it in. I've got a couple more items I'd like to submit, but I wanted to make sure that everything went ok with these ones first.[/QUOTE]

Mine were received yesterday. They bumped up all of mine by stating, "New Instant Sale Offer: $xx.xx," all of which I listed as Very Good, but were actually Like New. Currently they're in the "Processing" stage. I'm not sure how much long till they credit though.

Everyone on this thread is making profit (if done correctly). Instead of bragging, maybe giving a list of what game(s) you gained on would be more helpful.

My order received today August 7th. After being Shipped Last Tuesday July 31st from NC to TN.

Sent in
Like New=Rayman Orgins PS3- 31.56 (Paid with GS credit $17)
Like New=Rayman Orgins 360- 32.14 (Paid with GS Credit $17)
Like New=Rayman Orgins Wii- 25.77 (Paid with GS Credit $15)

Turn GS credit into Paypal credit

[quote name='doc_j88']My order received today August 7th. After being Shipped Last Tuesday July 31st from NC to TN.

Sent in

Turn GS credit into Paypal credit[/QUOTE]

Might as well lock those in if they're still that high, and then buy them from BB for $10 each this Sunday.

Also my Rayman 360 + Wii are being processed

Rayman PS3 (Which was recently changed to Sleeping dogs) is pending Audit.

[quote name='Geco17']Might as well lock those in if they're still that high, and then buy them from BB for $10 each this Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Also Half.com's rule is 10 orders per quarter or only two games of the same system per quarter?

My last order aka my first was me sending in two Resistance 3's for $18 a piece.

I sent in a brand new copy of Madden 12 for PS3 on 7/26. I received an email on 8/6 telling me thay received it, so I looked up my instant sale account and under reason it says this-This is an unauthorized copy or incorrect edition.The Disk has scratches and could not be refurbished.The case is missing or severely damaged or heavily marked. All I did was remove the plastic wrapping. I sent in a bubble mailer, if they send back a damaged disc I am going to be very pissed.

I've had two games I sent in listed as "pending audit" since Thursday. Hope they didn't slash the cases up or something stupid like that.

[quote name='jetsaredim']I threw a delivery confirmation label on my latest shipment of three games (LHP for Wii, 360 & PS3) which I sent out yesterday. [/QUOTE]

about how much did it cost to add?

[quote name='doc_j88']My order received today August 7th. After being Shipped Last Tuesday July 31st from NC to TN.

Sent in

Turn GS credit into Paypal credit[/QUOTE]

must have gotten lucky with those copies or the inspector wasn't as picky as others

[quote name='doc_j88']Also Half.com's rule is 10 orders per quarter or only two games of the same system per quarter?

My last order aka my first was me sending in two Resistance 3's for $18 a piece.[/QUOTE]

were the two R3's in the same exact order transaction? I tried getting 2 copies of games into the same order but wouldn't work so just put the 2nd copies into another order.

bread's done
Back