Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

Personally I'm not too concerned. People are getting paid (aside from the few BS exceptions) but it's just taking for-fucking-ever.

If I don't get paid I won't be too butt-hurt over it, considering I used Best Buy trade-in credit to purchase everything.

The only thing that would piss me off, other than not getting paid, would be to get a game back covered in stickers and crap. At least send the things back in their original condition, damn.

The stuff I sent the 10th was finally marked received on the 28th. It's out of audit and stuck in "Processing." I hope payment is pretty fast. Another 2+ week wait would be total crap.

you are horrified by the slowness of a service you are very knowingly exploiting....sometimes taking advantage of something aint all daises and rose petals

if i get paid, great. If not, I still got 400% of what I paid for stuff

[quote name='merchie89']you are horrified by the slowness of a service you are very knowingly exploiting....sometimes taking advantage of something aint all daises and rose petals

if i get paid, great. If not, I still got 400% of what I paid for stuff[/QUOTE]

This mentality is dumb as shit. Nobody is exploiting anything. It's a business offering to buy used video games. No one is forcing them to offer $45 for Michael Phelps. If I owned a car dealership and offered someone $10,000 for a 1992 Chevy Cavalier, nobody would feel sorry for me if I could only sell it for $1,000. It's called being bad at business. But just because I'm a damn idiot and made a shitty deal doesn't justify bad service too. If it's that difficult to run a competent business, then close up shop. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind waiting. It's just getting progressively worse and I think the writing is on the wall for them. Just stick a fork in them and get it over with.

Yeah I don't see how this is exploiting anything, it's not like the buy price was listed wrong or anything, they meant to offer those amounts.

[quote name='DanPochettes']Here's my story:

2 packages sent out one on the 17th one on the 20th:

Phelps - Xbox
Rayman - Wii
Medival Moves - PS3
NCAA 12 - PS3

Both packages received yesterday. Status as of this post:

Phelps - Pending
Rayman - Pending
Medival Moves - Processing for $18.50
NCAA 12 - Paid $24.17

Satisfied so far, but I'll hold off on sending more until the others go through.[/QUOTE]

Update:
Phelps - Processing for $55.75
Rayman - Processing for $29.64
Medival Moves - Paid $18.50
NCAA 12 - Paid $24.17

FWIW all these payouts are in GC

[quote name='DanPochettes']Update:
Phelps - Processing for $55.75
Rayman - Processing for $29.64
Medival Moves - Paid $18.50
NCAA 12 - Paid $24.17

FWIW all these payouts are in GC[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice turnaround you got there. Maybe it was for sure due to Half.com credit? Not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Geco17']I think some are and some aren't. All my VG games all got bumped up to LN in each of my 3 packages. I know one game had the clip broken off, where the manual goes, when I opened it and it still got bumped up.

Also what's the longest someone has gone without getting paid, but got a payout later on? Meaning it you got paid, but it took longer than 5 days.[/QUOTE]
I had 2 orders marked received Aug 2nd and 3rd. No payment for both of those orders as of yet. I also have 2 other orders received Aug 17th, no payment for those either. IDK wtf they're doing but I'm getting kinda worried about my orders that are almost a month old.

[quote name='Geco17']Wow, nice turnaround you got there. Maybe due to Half.com credit? Not sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he mentioned it at the bottom of his post. Had the same reaction too, especially since I just sent in Medieval Moves for only $16.XX.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Yeah, he mentioned it at the bottom of his post. Had the same reaction too, especially since I just sent in Medieval Moves for only $16.XX.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I should've worded that better. But yeah, maybe I'll get half.com credit next time as well :D

Just GC'd for Phelps and Rayman Wii around $85 total. I think the HDC credit option really helps in expediting orders. Especially helps when flipping old sports games to new ones i.e subsidizing madden/ncaa 12 for 13 since they are still offering more than $20 for those even though current versions are already out. GL all!

[quote name='Clak']If there were anything on Half I wanted i would have done the GC, but there really isn't.[/QUOTE]

What I would do is get the GC, since you get more "money/credit", and purchase games that trade in for more at BBY or GS. That's if you don't have a Paypal account...

[quote name='mabuhay13']BTW, do I have to have a personal bank account number linked to my Paypal account to receive funds from Half.com?[/QUOTE]

If you want the money to transfer to your bank account then yes.

Got an email that my order was revived today. I sent the games in on the 25th so maybe half has their shit together. I just hope they don't reject any.

Just double checking, but they take sealed games, right? Just scored two Phelps, one sealed, one unsealed (but mint). Don't know if I should leave them as is or open the sealed one.

EDIT: And how do I make it so my order lists two of the same game?

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Just double checking, but they take sealed games, right? Just scored two Phelps, one sealed, one unsealed (but mint). Don't know if I should leave them as is or open the sealed one.

EDIT: And how do I make it so my order lists two of the same game?[/QUOTE]

Yes they take sealed. And you can't. You need to make a separate order

My latest shipments got credited pretty quick (within one week), but the older shipment received on 8/08 and 8/07 are still processing. Funny how that credit the new shipments first and neglect the older one. Contacted half.com to see what happen.

Mine was received Wed. but no payment yet. Monday is Labor Day so I don't think there'll be any payments on that day but I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Just got payment for the 6 games I sent in on the 15th; $212.72 for 6 of the BB $10 games...probably the best flips of the year...scariest as well.

Finally Got Paid guys!!!

Package Sent on August 13th

Order received August 24th

Payed today September 4th

Also all games were sealed and was quoted like new condition

Also to all those that are scared because your order lapsed... dont be. Mind lasped DURING shipment. Which is ok. As long as you have shipped your order BEFORE the lapse date you are fine.

Had my order from 8/9 finally paid today as well. And my order from 8/20 marked as received. Glad to see things moving, but the time estimates they give on Half.com are so off you have to laugh. This is from the FAQ:

When will I get paid for the items I sell?

Once items are received by Elovations, Elovations will evaluate the items within 48 hours. Payments for accepted items are made within 5 days from the receipt of the item.

Yeah...I'd say that's a bit off, lol.

yeah, also got paid for some of the games I sent in. Tho, I don't know exactly which, yet, because the total I received is less than the total of what I sent/is listed as 'Payment Processing' so I've still got more to wait.

got paid for 2 packages sent on 8/13. Only game that was rejected was a Raving Rabbids Alive & Kicking as it was a Best Buy exclusive and UPC did not match. Of course, that's my fault.

Got paid $144 for my 3 Raymans and 1 Phelps.

FYq7M.gif%2520

I'm at almost a month since my trades were marked as received and processing. Has anyone had any luck getting paid by contacting half? From what I've read they don't seem to give a shit and Elovations doesn't pick up the phone at all.

I had one game that they missed in a box several weeks back and I contacted eBay about it nearly 4 weeks ago (just went through the normal contact email link). They kept me updated over a few weeks and then 10 days ago said they were going to pay me for that one game. It never showed as received even though the others in the box got processed and paid out long ago. The game switched to "Processing" on the Half.com Instant Sale page and I finally got paid for it last night just when I was about to contact eBay again (as they said 1-2 business days for the payment to post). So, yeah, it does seem that contacting eBay/Half about issues can, eventually, lead to a positive outcome ;).

However, I am still waiting on them to even acknowledge receipt of another box I sent 3 weeks ago or so.

Somethign funny happen, back on aug 9, i send out 2 phelp, one of them got pay and the other one is mia and it lapsed. Today I receive a package with a open copy of michael phelp in it. it is from
1850 airport exchange Blvd
Erlanger, KY 41018

Received my returned copy of :360: Rayman Origins because of "damage." Yes... damage that they caused when whoever opened my package with a boxcutter sliced a huge gash into the back of the plastic, cover art AND case. Nice going. :bomb:

Elovations will be hearing from me about this. And I'm still waiting on confirmation of their receipt of :360: Raving Rabbids I sent in just a few days after Rayman. My bad, they actually have it "processing" but I never received the automated email update.

I have a copy of rayman and since it gets $32 I think I'll send it in for paypal. Seems like 3 weeks or so from posts. Phelps is $15 at GS as well so I guess people are flipping that.

Has anyone been denied a trade it yet? My rayman is pretty much brand new and a new copy of phelps would be as well. Once I do the trade in order is there any chance that they deny the trade? Dont want to send in a game I sort of want to keep, wait 3 weeks, then they ant to send it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']I had one game that they missed in a box several weeks back and I contacted eBay about it nearly 4 weeks ago (just went through the normal contact email link). They kept me updated over a few weeks and then 10 days ago said they were going to pay me for that one game. It never showed as received even though the others in the box got processed and paid out long ago. The game switched to "Processing" on the Half.com Instant Sale page and I finally got paid for it last night just when I was about to contact eBay again (as they said 1-2 business days for the payment to post). So, yeah, it does seem that contacting eBay/Half about issues can, eventually, lead to a positive outcome ;).

However, I am still waiting on them to even acknowledge receipt of another box I sent 3 weeks ago or so.[/QUOTE]

I have a similar situation where they acknowledged receiving some of the games in my order but not others that were included in the same box. A day after I was paid for the ones they acknowledged, the others switched to Processing and have been sitting like that for the last four weeks. I sent Half an email about two weeks ago, and they finally responded saying they are looking into it. Hopefully, my outcome will be similar to yours.

I sent all of my games in separate bubble mailers. Just an FYI, for those of you getting games back with blade gash marks or whatever on them.

[quote name='slowdive21']My last order was just marked as received. Waiting on payment.[/QUOTE]

Same here!

Well i had one package finally change to lapsed. Strangely enough it was one of the first packages I sent, while all my others show as received. They better not try to screw me for some BS reason.

I got a rejected game with a nice pic of the slash they put in the case and cover art. Everything else was accepted. How frustrating it is to deal with such....ineptitude or incompetence? Maybe its just apathy. I would like to see the machetes these guys are hacking into the boxes with.:roll:

bread's done
Back