Halo 2 on LIVE sucks!!!

Girion47

CAGiversary!
since I wont have broadband this summer but I'm not leaving the clan this is the thread where you can come and bitch about how much you hate Xbox Live and Halo 2. and tell me how little I'm really missing. please no images though. I'll be on dialup. blech.

Well, since the auto-update/patch I've lagged out of two games, and I've never lagged out before. And this past Tuesday when trying to accept an invite to get back in from Craven, it told me "it can't connect right now, try again later". Then trying to accept the invite from Shrike it told me the party was closed and I couldn't join. But then Caesar sent me an invite and I got right in.

Halo 2 on LIVE sucks! :whistle2:x

last night half the people that were on, appeared offline. and when I would send an invite some people would get it and others wouldnt.

It's been ugly after the patch, though last night, after the stats reset, it was horrific. Almost unplayable.

Unless it can be chalked up to Live getting pounded by everyone trying to get their ranks up, I think there's a much nastier problem out there.

Yep, I had the same problem last night with the Clan list. Girion sent me a party invite, but it said I couldn't connect. When I looked at his tag in the clan list, it said everybody was offline.

Weirdness

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']as i've said in several other threads, bungie has said that everything should be running fine by the weekend[/QUOTE]

I'll believe it when it's behaving properly.

I've only played a couple games since the reset, but matchmaking fucking sucks right now. I'm merely a mediocre player, and due to all the high level people being bumped back down to level 1, I've been thrown to the wolves, essentially.

You have no idea how frustrating it is (actually, you probably do) to play a Team Slayer game where you get spawn sniped by former level 20s all game long and they talk shit the whole time, and there's nothing you can do about it.

[quote name='Matt Young']I've only played a couple games since the reset, but matchmaking fucking sucks right now. I'm merely a mediocre player, and due to all the high level people being bumped back down to level 1, I've been thrown to the wolves, essentially.

You have no idea how frustrating it is (actually, you probably do) to play a Team Slayer game where you get spawn sniped by former level 20s all game long and they talk shit the whole time, and there's nothing you can do about it.[/QUOTE]
When they talk shit just tell them you'd be as good as they were if you didn't have a job, and played Halo2 20 hours a day. That usually shuts them up.

Has anybody played it tonight? How is it? I just go finished with finals and was looking foward to an all nighter on Halo2, it looks like I might have to find a new game according to all the posts in here.

Pistol Duel in head to head has got to be one of the gayest games I've ever played
and spawning with battle rifles make it fucking impossible to do any thing in assault on Coag (or atleast neutral assault)

come on. anymore horror stories? any really embarassing losses that will make me happy I wasnt on the team at the time?

[quote name='Matt Young']I've only played a couple games since the reset, but matchmaking fucking sucks right now. I'm merely a mediocre player, and due to all the high level people being bumped back down to level 1, I've been thrown to the wolves, essentially.

You have no idea how frustrating it is (actually, you probably do) to play a Team Slayer game where you get spawn sniped by former level 20s all game long and they talk shit the whole time, and there's nothing you can do about it.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. Just stay away from matchmaking for a while and then come back and pwn all the novices :)

you know. maybe I dont miss Halo 2 and Xbox Live as much as I thought I did. I feel like the random scientist in an action movie that gets shot by one of the sides because he walks into the room on some mundane task.

HAS EVERYONE LOST THEIR fuckING MINDS?!?!? It's a fuckING GAME!!!! this isnt some soap opera or stage drama where people are watching and enjoying the antics. locking, deleting, booting and banning doesnt do anything to improve the situation either. its called PM. use it. I suggest someone digs up that Happy Fun Times Thread and make it the most posted in in CAG history because this bickering isnt doing anything to further the enjoyment of the game. you do realize thats why everyone is here right? to play Halo 2? not go on powertrips and see if you can insult someone so much that they just blow up.

[quote name='Girion47']its called PM.[/QUOTE]

PMs are a moot point when they are later shared with people outside of the original conversation, and then posted. That's how rock tried to handle one of the matters that (apparently) disturbed some of the CAGs, and then found his PM posted on the boards.

That's the one thing that really bothered me about this whole stupid fiasco. The rest of it is petty mud-slinging. But seeing a PM that was intended to be private for a reason posted by someone who wasn't even the recipient of the PM simply reeks of bad form.

I agree, but this second hand knowledge of a situation covered up by "powers that be" also caused a ruckus, being straight-forward would have saved alot of people time and patience.

bread's done
Back