Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='ITDEFX']are you telling me this game won't reach GH status within 3 months? Isn't there a requirement like if it sells 1 million unit then bam, it gets GH status.

I'm just also wondering if a store will give something free later on with it, but I'm dreaming huh?

According to the CSR at my local best buy, they have 6000 units ready for tomorrow and not worried about not having enough.[/QUOTE]

well GoW and RB6V have and i dont see them going PH anytime soon

[quote name='$hady']Keep your receipt and you are good to go. I do this all the time when online places offer good deals on preorders. I was planning on doing the same thing but since I gotta be at work at 7am I think i'm gonna skip the midnight launch. UNLESS I go to bed now and wake up at 12...:cool:[/quote]

I was mainly concerned they'd know that I switched the game out. I'm glad you said I'm good to go. :applause:

[quote name='blueweltall']Just stop by at gamestop and theres already people waiting in line.[/quote]

Its raining here, the Saints play their first home game....and....its New Orleans.

I fucking pray theres no line at best buy.

[quote name='blueweltall']Just stop by at gamestop and theres already people waiting in line.[/quote]

Its raining here, the Saints play their first home game....and....its New Orleans.

I fucking pray theres no line at best buy.

I will just pick mine up tomorrow night. I have it paid off at GameRush. I'm taking an MBA class through work, so I won't get it until 8:30ish tomorrow night. I would go toniht, but midnight is just too late when you have to wake up at 5:00am.

Oh well, I can wait....no hurry for me

[quote name='LinkinPrime']There's no clan support...You can try here and see if you can get in some games with CAG's but for the next few weeks I'm sure that 90% or more of your friends list will be on Halo 3 so you should have no problems.[/quote]

I read a rumour that there was clan support. Someone read it under the game description. Hopefully its true.

[quote name='Danil ACE']IMO, it is kind of an ass thing to ebay a gift, especially considering that your sister even went to the trouble of buying the top-of-the-line $130 edition of one of the most popular games coming out this year.[/quote]

But if he doesn't really like Halo then why should he be forced to keep it? It's not his fault she got him something he doesn't really care for.

Sorry if already answered, but if I preordered at Gamestop back in June, am I basically guaranteed a copy or not? Because I have it paid off and everything, and don't feel like going out at midnight to get a video game that I'll play for 30 minutes before falling asleep. I can wait until tomorrow morning.

[quote name='nikelecious91']I read a rumour that there was clan support. Someone read it under the game description. Hopefully its true.[/quote]
Its been rumored to come out as DLC/Patch later on.

[quote name='Scorch']This isn't really a spoiler, more like a PSA, but I put it in spoiler tags just in case.

sit through the credits
.[/quote]
Thanks...I'll do that.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']But if he doesn't really like Halo then why should he be forced to keep it? It's not his fault she got him something he doesn't really care for.[/quote]

You're right. He should send it to me :lol:

I'm SO tired. I've been up since about 6 AM. I don't have class until 2:35 tomorrow, but still. Or maybe watching Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind is what made me sleepy.

And I think I messed up in choosing Wal-Mart over GameStop. At least at GS, everyone will have paid in full, so the line will move faster since people only need to show their receipts. Oh well. Halo 2 went pretty smoothly, but then again I just walked up to the front of the line 30 minutes or so prior to midnight, so that could be why.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']But if he doesn't really like Halo then why should he be forced to keep it? It's not his fault she got him something he doesn't really care for.[/quote]

Because people with manners know that it is rude and disrespectful to sell/exchange a gift.

Man I hope theres no lines. I want it when i get to gs, if not im prolly gonna fucking run off with a mastha chief poster haha.

Just came back from the Bestbuy in Nyc , I got to meet Major Nelson , Frank O Conor another lead designer I feel bad for not knowing his name , as well as like morgan web, adam sessler and Geoff Knightly from G4 and Spike. So it was cool got a picture with Frank and I had them autograph my Halo 2. Really nice people though all of them. Wish could've stayed untill launch, but 12:00 Subway doesn't mix with me.

Here is a little clips from there.(it's not up yet , but will be in a little.)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/_i3_DmQHwR0[/media]

Here is a Picture of Frankie and I.

[quote name='Bazz']Just came back from the Bestbuy in Nyc , I got to meet Major Nelson , Frank O Conor another lead designer I feel bad for not knowing his name , as well as like morgan web, adam sessler and Geoff Knightly from G4 and Spike. So it was cool got a picture with Frank and I had them autograph my Halo 2. Really nice people though all of them. Wish could've stayed untill launch, but 12:00 Subway doesn't mix with me.

Here is a little clips from there.(it's not up yet , but will be in a little.)
http://www.youtube.com/v/_i3_DmQHwR0[/quote]

Very cool. I'm jelous since my Gamestop will likely be just a bunch of smelly gamers (not unlike myself) :)

[quote name='Damian']Miss Manners has no manners?

http://lifestyle.msn.com/Relationships/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=1620018[/quote]

Ok, I don't know how much lamer you can get than linking to a "Miss Manners" column.

Anyways, even though quoting this is totally lame, but necessary to explain to you. In that Miss Manners column, she says that,

"The only requirement is to prevent the donor’s knowing that it has been rejected."

So how do you think that his sister will feel when she finds out he sold it (if he chooses to do so)? The legendary edition is not a small thing to hide. She'd probably ask "where's that master chief helmet I bought you?" and I'm sure that she will be very upset he sold it for some quick cash because she took her time into choosing a gift that she thought would bring him joy because he likes videogames.

For example, I have two copies of the Matrix: Reloaded. One is sealed, because someone gave that to me as a gift because they knew I liked the Matrix trilogy, but they thought that it was the third movie (Revolutions), which I did not have. Making such a mistake isn't their fault and I respect the fact that they looked into my interests so they could buy me something I would enjoy (even if they accidently bought the wrong one in the trilogy).

The point is that I kept it because as the famous proverb says, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

[quote name='Danil ACE']Ok, I don't know how much lamer you can get than linking to a "Miss Manners" column.

Anyways, even though quoting this is totally lame, but necessary to explain to you. In that Miss Manners column, she says that,

"The only requirement is to prevent the donor’s knowing that it has been rejected."

So how do you think that his sister will feel when she finds out he sold it (if he chooses to do so)? The legendary edition is not a small thing to hide. She'd probably ask "where's that master chief helmet I bought you?" and I'm sure that she will be very upset he sold it for some quick cash because she took her time into choosing a gift that she thought would bring him joy because he likes videogames.

For example, I have two copies of the Matrix: Reloaded. One is sealed, because someone gave that to me as a gift because they knew I liked the Matrix trilogy, but they thought that it was the third movie (Revolutions), which I did not have. Making such a mistake isn't their fault and I respect the fact that they looked into my interests so they could buy me something I would enjoy (even if they accidently bought the wrong one in the trilogy).

The point is that I kept it because as the famous proverb says, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."[/quote]

I agree,for someone to spend what, $130 on you, you should feel lucky, not feeiling like the dad of talladegah nights. If someone puts time into a gift and puts money into it always respect it. Even if it was a pencill.

[quote name='MemphisGun']Damn. What losers 2 hrs before launch? GET A LIFE. Im going at 11:50.[/QUOTE]

ditto, why wait in line for a pre-order? a friend of mine has been in line for almost 2 hours now, and all i can do is laugh.

For the guy who said Bioshock in the Halo Overated thread.

Bioshock doesn't innovate anything. Does that it make any less of a good game? No. I only made that stament because I hate it when people throw aorund the world innovation like it automatically means good and then trashes any popular franchise that isn't innovative.

How about when you take concepts that have already been established and make something great?

[quote name='Danil ACE']Ok, I don't know how much lamer you can get than linking to a "Miss Manners" column.

The point is that I kept it because as the famous proverb says, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the guilt trip, you win! Well damn, looks like I'm going to be playing a lot of Halo:rofl:

[quote name='MemphisGun']Damn. What losers 2 hrs before launch? GET A LIFE. Im going at 11:50.[/QUOTE]

Same. I'll get there a couple of mins before midnight.

There was people at my EBStop before the store opened today. 19 hours for a game you've already been guaranteed?

No sence in letting all the cool catz in da hood see you standing out side with a SAW reject.

EDIT: 19hrs? end their lives.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']There was people at my EBStop before the store opened today. 19 hours for a game you've already been guaranteed?[/QUOTE]

That shit is pretty funny. I don't understand how people have that kind of time to waste.

[quote name='pimpinc333']That shit is pretty funny. I don't understand how people have that kind of time to waste.[/quote]

Makes you wonder...if their not out working, then where do they get the money to buy games?

Drugs? Nah...Wellfare? Impossible...

[quote name='Danil ACE']Ok, I don't know how much lamer you can get than linking to a "Miss Manners" column.[/quote]
I think "correcting" someone by giving him a guilt complex is far lamer. If you're going to give etiquette advice try not to contradict someone whose job it is to know these sort of social rules.

Look, the advice is simple. Accept the gift gracefully and make sure no feelings are hurt. Whether or not he keeps the gift is entirely dependent on the situation, and it's something only the asker would know for sure. We're in no position to give him specific advice without knowing more. Maybe the giver doesn't give a crap if he returns it. Stores don't print gift receipts for fun but because people like including them with gifts. Maybe she does give a crap but she lives a thousand miles away and sees him once a year so it would never come up again. Or, maybe she would care. We just don't know. Give general advice and leave it at that.

[quote name='shnizzle66']Makes you wonder...if their not out working, then where do they get the money to buy games?

Drugs? Nah...Wellfare? Impossible...[/QUOTE]

They get it from mommy and daddy.

[quote name='shnizzle66']Makes you wonder...if their not out working, then where do they get the money to buy games?

Drugs? Nah...Wellfare? Impossible...[/QUOTE]
Or they're hardcore gamers who took the day off or otherwise rearranged their schedules so they could line up then play. It happens at every major launch, why is this one somehow different. A guy I work with took a long weekend when TF2 came out. He has the vacation to burn so why is it anyone else's business how he spends it?

[quote name='Damian']Or they're hardcore gamers who took the day off or otherwise rearranged their schedules so they could line up then play. It happens at every major launch, why is this one somehow different. A guy I work with took a long weekend when TF2 came out. He has the vacation to burn so why is it anyone else's business how he spends it?[/QUOTE]

Because people who wait 19 hours in line for something for no reason are stupid.
It's our job to make fun of them. :lol:

If you take the time off to actually PLAY THE GAME...that's a different story...which is what your friend did.

[quote name='porieux']They get it from mommy and daddy.[/quote]

Dude, those gangstha Ninjas got them some Ho's. Why you think they be so cool? thats why the have time, the own hookers.:cry:

Who'd support that shyt. I took 1 day off'a school to play but im not having nerdgasams over halo 3. even though im very hyped.

[quote name='porieux']Because people who wait 19 hours in line for something for no reason are stupid.[/QUOTE]
If it's a normal line, yeah, probably. Some of the launch events look like they could be cool if you were into that sort of thing.

ZOMG DUDE LETS GO PLAY SCRABBLE FOR 19 HRS........other "dude": SWEET. What can ya do"leonitus". Other than sit, talk about halo 3 and repeat 4723790 times. And then contimplate suicide.

bread's done
Back