Halo 4 out November 6th!!

Yeah I'm playing in the Champion playlist but I suck at FFA.
Don't feel bad. I've played 5 games so far, and the 1st game the winner was like Nightcrawler with the way he'd bounce around you due to latency. The other games were not as bad, but there's been a few threads with people complaining about this on the Halo 4/Waypoint forums.

If nothing else, it just lets me work toward my Commendations.

Oh man the past few days have shown massive spikes in lag, not even in the competitive playlist too. One Capture the Flag match I joined into was so laggy we never saw the other team and scored 3 in a row. There was no challenge or thrill, it was like umm just score so we can leave.

Does playing Spartan Assault unlock anything in Halo 4? I couldn't find anything stating that there is within the game.
I read on a few Halo wiki sites that you get some emblems to use in Halo 4. That seems like it.

I've played 8 Global Championship games and can't bring myself to play any more. This needed dedicated servers or to be done by regions, or both. Watching someone get hit with a Sniper bullet, then a close range Shotgun blast, then a grenade, then a sword and survive all of that and win with 5 deaths is just bullshit.

I can accept losing, but this latency shit from playing with foreign hosts is just awful.

I read on a few Halo wiki sites that you get some emblems to use in Halo 4. That seems like it.

I've played 8 Global Championship games and can't bring myself to play any more. This needed dedicated servers or to be done by regions, or both. Watching someone get hit with a Sniper bullet, then a close range Shotgun blast, then a grenade, then a sword and survive all of that and win with 5 deaths is just bullshit.

I can accept losing, but this latency shit from playing with foreign hosts is just awful.
I know, it was so bad I quite playing Halo 4 multiplayer, no joke. I do enjoy Team Slayers though but the amount of lag that games had were almost unplayable and down right an infraction of the consumer's rights.

Oh wow, not bundling the Halo 4 Champions Bundle in with the Map Pass was a sting but offering it on the GotY edition is a slap in our faces. New game modes shouldn't be optional imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else watch that intense match up of Ace vs Pistola in the Halo 4 Global Championships!? The whole event was pretty intense competition and was like watching a fighter competition (the raw energy & upsets).

Does anybody here still need Bros to the Close?  I'm going to try doing it solo, but if anyone is interested in trying to get a 4 man team to get it it would probably be much easier.

Did anyone else watch that intense match up of Ace vs Pistola in the Halo 4 Global Championships!? The whole event was pretty intense competition and was like watching a fighter competition (the raw energy & upsets).
Did you miss the Halo 4 Global Championship over the weekend? We’ve got the finals available on Halo Waypoint:

http://aka.ms/halo4gcfinals
I highly recommend a viewing.

If you want to try to do it this weekend send me a message when you're on. I checked your achievements and saw you're at mission 4 (the mission the achievement is on). If you want, we can play through the whole mission so you can get to mission 5, instead of just starting from the rally point that Bros to the Close starts at. This would also give you an achievement for playing a level cooperatively.

That unless you're going through the game solo on Legendary. I wouldn't want to interupt your progress there.

Still room for 2 more.

I'm probably super late to the party but would anyone be up for going through Halo 3,4 and reach as a 4man team?

Ya... like I said I know I'm late...
I meant to reply to this, but if you still are looking for players, I'd play. I no longer have Halo 3's campaign, but it is supposed to be coming free to Gold players in the next few months. I have ODST if you need help in that, too.

I don't talk much, so hopefully there would be 2 other people playing who would chat with you. I'm pretty sure I remember where the skulls in Halo 3 are and how to get them, too, so I'd help get those as well.

I've never really played these games in 4 player mode, so that's why I'm curious to help.

I meant to reply to this, but if you still are looking for players, I'd play. I no longer have Halo 3's campaign, but it is supposed to be coming free to Gold players in the next few months. I have ODST if you need help in that, too.

I don't talk much, so hopefully there would be 2 other people playing who would chat with you. I'm pretty sure I remember where the skulls in Halo 3 are and how to get them, too, so I'd help get those as well.

I've never really played these games in 4 player mode, so that's why I'm curious to help.
I've gone through ODST with 4 players, but would def do it again though.

As for Halo 3, of Halo Anniversary, I'd prefer to start with either of those, but am def up for starting with Halo 4.
Doesn't have to be in any real order for me.

I'm not a pro though... just warning! I've only beaten the games on Heroic on my own. But would love to go through legendary as a group.

I'd be willing to play Reach, Anniversary, and/or Halo 4 in co-op. I believe I played through most if not all of ODST with IceBlueShoes and 2 others.

I have all the halos, so I'd be willing to do any of them via co-op schedule permitting. And I remember doing the ODST firefight maps with IceBlue and a couple others. Fun times.

Still have nightmares about that one match though. The final push, some 20 (?) lives stockpiled, and the connection craps out. I still shiver when that memory rears it's ugly head.

I've gone through ODST with 4 players, but would def do it again though.

As for Halo 3, of Halo Anniversary, I'd prefer to start with either of those, but am def up for starting with Halo 4.
Doesn't have to be in any real order for me.

I'm not a pro though... just warning! I've only beaten the games on Heroic on my own. But would love to go through legendary as a group.
I no longer have Anniversary (I actually forgot about it), but when Halo 3 comes free this month I could play. I have 4, but I'm not sure how long I'll be keeping it any more. I tried playing it tonight and every match would ready and then return me to the main menu.

But it seems that you have many people to pick from. I've already completed all of these games, so if you have 3 others to play with that haven't completed the games I'd stand back and let them play instead. If you need an extra though, message me.

I no longer have Anniversary (I actually forgot about it), but when Halo 3 comes free this month I could play. I have 4, but I'm not sure how long I'll be keeping it any more. I tried playing it tonight and every match would ready and then return me to the main menu.

But it seems that you have many people to pick from. I've already completed all of these games, so if you have 3 others to play with that haven't completed the games I'd stand back and let them play instead. If you need an extra though, message me.
Likely will need an extra. It was hard enough doing ODST back in the day.

I have all the halos, so I'd be willing to do any of them via co-op schedule permitting. And I remember doing the ODST firefight maps with IceBlue and a couple others. Fun times.

Still have nightmares about that one match though. The final push, some 20 (?) lives stockpiled, and the connection craps out. I still shiver when that memory rears it's ugly head.
Please don't remind me... uhh...

That sucked BIG TIME. How many covenant tanks did I have to make a suicide run for again!? haha.

At least we got it in the end.

Is there a time/day that generally works best for everyone?

My work hours are literally all over the place so I can't really say that a set time is best for me sadly. :(

I'm on the East Coast of the US, and usually play from 8 PM to 3 AM. I assume that's late, but if you want to play on weekends or weekdays I could find other time to join. Depending on speed we could probably do at least 2 missions each session with 4 players.

I should stress that I play Halo ranged, so I tend to not rush into combat. But that's because I usually play solo, so I try not to make mistakes. I really hope that won't be an issue.

And I guess I should mention that I have ODST, 4, and Reach. Halo 3 comes free to Gold members this month. I've completed all of them, so I'm just here to help if there's an interest for it.

Working retail, my schedule is all over the place. Friday nights after 6pm EST and anytime Sunday is all I can really guarantee. Otherwise, it would generally be late morning (until approx 3pm) or not until approx 11pm (whenever I get home from work)

Oh man I love the addition of the Snapshot gametype to Team Snipers.  The beam rifle is just too easy to no scope with.  :D

My buddy and I played that all last night after we got him the last DLC to get the 2000 gamerscore.  We didn't lose a game.  Kids seemed to be scoping and you don't get points towards your total score if you do that.  I had a few dirty double no scopes on Haven.  :D

I didn't see anyone on.

I was playing something else, but ya... i guess maybe tomorrow or something?
JStryke said Friday and Sunday is best for her. Ryu said after 10 PM central time. Why not see if people can play this Friday around 10 Central time, or earlier.

And probably start with Halo 4, then go back. It sounds weird, I know, but it seems like everyone has Halo 4.

I could do Friday at around 12amEST. Don't think I'll be home before that because I work until 11pm.

If you guys are good are  to start then, Friday works.

I thought Jstryke was a guy... I swear when I've heard him on live during the ODST days it was a guy... :whistle2:?

I could do Friday at around 12amEST. Don't think I'll be home before that because I work until 11pm.

If you guys are good are to start then, Friday works.

I thought Jstryke was a guy... I swear when I've heard him on live during the ODST days it was a guy... :whistle2:?
Wow... I just figured from their avatar and signature image that they were female. Sorry about that. I'll just go back to assuming all gamers are male until I'm notified otherwise.

...awkward...

Anyway... I should be on on Friday.

Friday nights normally work for me although I will be out of town this Friday as I'm going to my brother in laws (I do that on the first Friday of every month, but was sick last week so postponed it). So either you guys can start without me or if we waited, I am free this Sunday (last weekend I was watching the Braves and the WWE pay-per-view which was meh). I already have most of the Halo 4 achievements popped as is, so no harm no foul if you decide to go without me Friday night.

As for my gender, dare I leave it as a mystery, that is a question. :p

No worries deal, I've had people call me the wrong gender in the past by accident and it doesn't bother me at all.

Np.Tomorrow night after 9-10pm EST works for me if anyone is up for playing.

I'll check back later on and see. :)
I should be on.

We flew through the first two chapters the other night in under an hour, which included watching the cutscenes (I wasn't sure if you wanted to watch them so I didn't skip them).

I'll be on, but if we're doing it that late, I won't be available until sometime after 11pm EST. Have a Left 4 Dead 2 session I'm in that starts at 9pm. Scheduled for 2 hours, but may depend how smooth things go.

bread's done
Back