Halo 4 out November 6th!!

At this point I am pretty disappointed with Halo 4, which is a shame because I love the others. The first game was the reason I got an Xbox and I continued to play and love each one.

For some reason Halo 4 just doesn't click, some points mentioned above are my causes of concern. My main problems are with online play, however the campaign didn't fare to well with me either. I got tired quite quickly playing through it.

I hope that 343 address some issues, balance out the online and when the new season pass maps come out things get better.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I get the same level of high as you get rage about COD every year. "My team mates are the only reason I ever lose. Oh and lag, oh and spawn points, oh and shitty maps, oh and I shot him but he ghosted through the bullets and stabbed me."

As for what you are saying, I dont remember flood mode at all but I didnt play that much Halo MP through out this entire time so I will give that to you. For me its the only mode that different than the others. To the rest of it...I guess we have vastly different definitions of the phrase..."different mode."

How can something be new and similar to a mode that already exist and is common place in virtually all FPS? Its just FFA dude. Multi-Team isnt here now..so I cant assume an opinion of something that doesnt currently exist but even then its just TDM with smaller teams but at least it provides a wrinkle. I said, I am disappointed in the fact that all the modes are simply variants of TDM. Your saying, these are different modes because they contain different ways to kill people....on a team in a match.

Slayer, slightly bigger slayer, FFA, slayer Pro, Team Snipers, Swat. All of these are simply TDM...dont try to dress them up. They are generic and have been done better in other games (hence everyone bitching about it)For the rest of the modes you have King of the Hill...which is still a TDM but you are required to stand in certain spots and earn time, Oddball which is still just a DM in which one person cant shoot but has to hold a skull to earn time (hmmm two similar modes...who would have thunk it?) . Holy shit...I hope the competition doesn't find out about these amazingly innovative modes. Dominion and CTF are the only mode thats has a non DM objective and have vastly different from each other. Yeah they are surely saturating the game types over here. (I like Dominion by the way) You could easily take out half of those modes and focus on just balancing the game and have a much better experience ala Team Fortress 2. Having more generic shitty modes doesnt make it better...it just means you have more generic shitty modes.

I get that they are going to switch them out with other modes but replacing Team Snipers with Team Rockets...doesnt do anything.

Let me make my point clear again. 343 has unlimited resources and support yet the multiplayer has 10 modes that are virtually identical to one another and have been done better in other games. No amount of changing rockets for snipers or swords or pistols will change the mode itself. These are things that gamers invented by themselves 10 years ago. Thus I vastly downgrade and criticize the multiplayer. There is nothing stopping them from making at least one completely new mode (apparently my version of new mode meaning something unlike a previous mode) for a change.

(Yes, of course my opinion doesnt matter, of course I will stop playing pretty soon, of course whatever inane jib jab everyone would like to say instead of counter point my argument.)[/QUOTE]

Your logic is terrible. What do you want them to make with these "unlimited resources?" What gametypes even exist that don't require killing? Is there a specific gametype you are looking for? You can't win CTF or Dominion without killing people either, does that mean they're the same as a Free For All? It's a first person shooter. You're going to kill people in every gametype. That doesn't mean they're the same.

Soodmeg, I think I understand what you're getting at. Growing up, I played CS 1.6 and I remember different kinds of mods and game types. I'd be interested to see what Halo or any FPS could do if they based their game types on sports or real-life games. You could have a dodge ball game mode with a borderline in the middle that either team can't pass and just lob different types of grenades and/or oddballs to kill each other. Maybe have a Hockey-type game mode using Oddballs and Gravity Hammers to score points. Basketball game mode with odd balls. A cops and robbers game type would be fun. Just use the energy barriers as jails and captures/kills turn you into a cop/robber. There are many possibilities but I believe there are limits to what the technology can do at the moment.

Speaking of different gametypes, they better bring Races back. Hog races in Reach were a friggin blast on Coagulation.

That and multi-team. 3v3v3 is a must. And yeah with 3 factions now it seems like it would be a no brainer.

Just chiming in on the Deadeye Weekly glitch this week. I had 10/70 from earlier in the week. Last night when I signed on Waypoint was still showing 10/70 but in-game was at 0/70. When I started playing my first game I got a progress bar showing 20/70.

After a couple games I completed the challenge (popped up in game) but after that the progress bar has been stuck at 12/70 in game. However, Waypoint is showing the challenge as completed.

I'm not sure what's up with that challenge.

[quote name='Corvin']Speaking of different gametypes, they better bring Races back. Hog races in Reach were a friggin blast on Coagulation.
[/QUOTE]
Only if it is its own once in a while playlist. I got so fucking sick of playing Rocket Hog Race EVERY time it came up in multiteam.

[quote name='MtlTom']
Only if it is its own once in a while playlist. I got so fucking sick of playing Rocket Hog Race EVERY time it came up in multiteam.[/QUOTE]

Funny. Every time I wanted to play it would get voted against. I'd love for it to be it's own playlist.

How about a freeze tag game mode? Or what if you had two teams in horde mode (firefight?) and one was space marines and the other were the aliens, flood, whatever?

[quote name='jdawgg76']How about a freeze tag game mode? Or what if you had two teams in horde mode (firefight?) and one was space marines and the other were the aliens, flood, whatever?[/QUOTE]

Well if we are going to do kids games, lets do it up right. Red fucking rover.

I don't know how much of this is sarcastic but my original point is solid. We don't need 10 versions of tdm.

I've been working through Spartan Ops some more and noticed an odd glitch.

On Shootout in Valhalla (Ep. 3 - Ch. 4) I ended up with a ton of Elite that were sunk the map floor with just their hand and guns sticking up from the floor. At first I was getting shot and thought it was camo dudes and managed to melee one. I was surprised as I can pick out camo really well. Then I noticed the hand sticking out of the ground. There were probably 8-10 guys like this. Only way I could kill them with ease was meleeing their hands. When they died, a weird X shaped belt with curves type thing popped up from the ground. Not sure if it was their decoration or skeleton or what.

Not sure what caused it other than a little before I threw a grenade at a bunch of dudes when a drop pod arrived.

Either way, it was pretty hilarious. Although, I imagine on heroic or legendary it would've been pretty bad or had they been carrying stuff other thn storm rifles. They could still shoot and melee and running in to punch their arm left me open to take quite a few shots in the crotch. I did die at least once fighting them as well and they were still down there.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am gonna start calling you the Tin Woodsman because your best friend is the strawman. Trak, dude. Do you ever get tired of pretending to be fucking stupid just to argue with me? Seriously, whether or not you agree with my points or not matters little but what everytime I post it is always supported with sound reasons...which is why my post tend to be longer than the internet average of 2 sentences.

Your a smart guy but I dont know what it is about me that makes you virtually inept at actual responses that make sense when debating me. Its like you are trying to troll me but I know your not, your just so fucking dense that you cant see through the mist even after the fog is gone. Reread my post again and comprehend it less like a raging COD fanboy and more like a discussion between 2 adults. NO ONES SAID ANYTHING ABOUT KILLING. I have no idea (actually I do) why you randomly picked that has the crux of what I am saying but in doing so you completely missed the point. So let me try again.

What you just said was: Every car in the world is the same because they all have 4 tires.

What I am saying is: Every car in the world is the same because they all have 4 tires...but we have already seen this model car...can we please see a different one, especially since this model was built 20 years ago?

The idea is a first grade one...its not that hard to comprehend...but if examples are needed, that gunslinger mode from COD/BF3 is pretty different although clearly it has already been invented but much better than flood or oddball. As said before, there are 3 races a 3v3v3 would be nice. The rocket Hog Races are a nice change of pace, headhunter, stockpile, invasion and those are all from other halo games. Hell 7 guys from Austin think up Giffball yet the all the brightest minds at 343 can only come up with dominion?

Its not "horrid logic" to think that will all the game modes created for FPS over the last 10 years getting 10 of the most generic ones is a bit of a let down.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know exactly what your point was. You're saying that every gametype is basically the same as they all devolve into straight team deathmatch. I think it's a terrible argument. (Not to mention while you "said nothing" about killing, it has a lot to do with TDM.)

The 3v3v3 you're asking for is basically multi-team which has been in Halo games before. There's no way they're going to implement all the races into MP, if that's what you meant. There are way more weapons in the average COD/BF game to do a "gun game" style gametype, although I'd be fine with them trying it in Halo. It'd still be a deathmatch mode in the end though, so I'm not sure why you specifically would want it. You also still haven't given a valid gametype/mode that you want in the game or that's missing that isn't a deathmatch variant.

While I'm glad you care so much about the length of my posts, it doesn't take much of a response to reply to your nonsensical ramblings.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Well if we are going to do kids games, lets do it up right. Red fucking rover.

I don't know how much of this is sarcastic but my original point is solid. We don't need 10 versions of tdm.[/QUOTE]How would everyone hold hands? Seems complicated. Let's just shoot people...

[quote name='Soodmeg']Well if we are going to do kids games, lets do it up right. Red fucking rover.

I don't know how much of this is sarcastic but my original point is solid. We don't need 10 versions of tdm.[/QUOTE]Simple.

[quote name='jdawgg76']How about a freeze tag game mode? Or what if you had two teams in horde mode (firefight?) and one was space marines and the other were the aliens, flood, whatever?[/QUOTE]Serious.

[quote name='jdawgg76']How would everyone hold hands? Seems complicated. Let's just shoot people...[/QUOTE]Sarcasm.

See?

How about a tag team mode? 4v4 but it starts out as four rounds of 1v1. 5th round is straight 4v4 but single elimination.

Now that betraying is gone people have found ways to be cunty. I pick up snipe on ragnarok we're down 200 points so kills don't really matter at this point and my own team mate runs a warthog into me to get the sniper rifle. good shit

I'm more than willing to bet Soodmeg is playing this game alone, or will be soon enough, if his posts are any indication of how he is in RL.

I never did quite understand the fascination with going into the threads of games I dislike and whining about it.

I rock dat foreveralone status when I play halo and have fun. All I play is BTB I gotta keep my KDR up don't have time for flood.

fuck you for having fun with this tired game format bro. fucking shooting people in a first person shooter like a lame ass.

Game should've revolutionized the industry with all those resources 343 had.

Won't catch me doing any of that garbage. This was a bigger disappointment than buying Madden 13 and seeing it was just more of the same football nonsense. Seriously EA? Sad, just sad; can't believe how complacent all these game companies have become. I even heard you're still assassinating people in that new Hitman game; such bullshit.

P.S. How's the Boltshot in multiplayer?

[quote name='lolwut?']P.S. How's the Boltshot in multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

Stupid good. Use only the charge shot, obviously. Need to time it right, but can one shot people from farther away than a shotgun. Needs to be toned down IMO.

[quote name='lolwut?']
I never did quite understand the fascination with going into the threads of games I dislike and whining about it.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Soodmeg.

Anyways, Camo needs to get the fuck out of this game as an AA. It was a POWER-UP in previous games for good reason. I don't see why they couldn't have made it an Ordinance drop.

[quote name='GUNNM']Camo + sensor + sniper = camp fest[/QUOTE]
It might help if they had scope knockout when shot for those situations. I know there are elite players who 'no scope' with little effort, but for ordinary players it could present an obstacle if they couldn't just sit there, scoped in, to get shots on you while you fired at them if you noticed where they are.

At least (other players) camo doesn't jam your radar this time, though, so you can still be aware of vehicles and other enemies. Maybe it should jam the users for balance?

Jamming radar won't do much on some maps. A well placed sniper on the fallen pelican on ragnarok can just sit back and snipe all day without a worry.

[quote name='lolwut?']I'm more than willing to bet Soodmeg is playing this game alone, or will be soon enough, if his posts are any indication of how he is in RL.

I never did quite understand the fascination with going into the threads of games I dislike and whining about it.[/QUOTE]

Oh Really? I seem to remember you voicing your opinion on the RE6 thread when I was browsing to see whether I waned to get it or not.

[quote name='lolwut?']Can't share healing items, can't share nades; this causes items to be left behind unnecessarily. In 5 you and your partner could carry things for each other, should still be the case in 6.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lolwut?']Count me and my partner. It doesn't matter that we can both pick one up if my partner is out of room. There's no reason to keep me from being able to hold some of his herbs or grenades, especially when the mechanic was already in the last game.

If you don't use it, fine, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lolwut?']I'm not quite sure the game even has a balance, and you want to keep relating this to the AI which I don't even think is that relevant. I disagree that the feature was there to "babysit" the AI but then again I only ever played one chapter of 5 solo, and I just gave Sheva the stun gun and used her for storage.

It was valuable back then, and while it might be somewhat less valuable now with ammo being more character based, it would've still been a good thing to have in the game.

Edit: Basically what Ink said. I'm also not quite sure about arguing against things being in the game for the purpose of co-op, because that's how the game is supposed to be played.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lolwut?']That's funny, cause nearly every complaint I've read about this game is spot on. I'm sure everyone (including me) wants to like this game, but Capcom is making it so hard.

Halo and CoD don't get as much flak (if that's even true) because they don't fuck up their series with each title; debatable, sure, but when Halo adds sprinting or CoD adds some retarded killstreak, somehow they still manage to feel like CoD and Halo. This doesn't feel like Resident Evil, be it the old ones, 4, or even 5. I punched less playing a career in Fight Night than I did in the RE6 demo. This a mediocre action game that has taken some friendly faces and slapped the name of a franchise we loved on the cover, in an attempt to hide their shortcomings.

The movement is shit, the camera is questionable, the enemies are bullet sponges (though not quite as bad as ORC), the inventory/menus are cumbersome and unintuitive, and it's just fucking mediocre. Combine that with the Mercenaries map pre-order BS, the Versus modes being DLC AGAIN, and you have one giant unpromising release. The only thing that will save this game is co-op.

Capcom should take notes from Dead Space, or just remake RE2/3 like RE4.[/QUOTE]

So go ahead and explain how what you did is completely different from what I am doing, which is simply voicing my opinion about a game. Eventually the dudebroing has got to stop lets end the fake outrage lined with hypocrisy. :roll::roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']So go ahead and explain how what you did is completely different from what I am doing, which is simply voicing my opinion about a game. Eventually the dudebroing has got to stop lets end the fake outrage lined with hypocrisy. :roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

I actually love Resident Evil 6?

The only reason I even said most of that was because there was some guy saying there were no valid complaints raised about the game, and I thought that was retarded, despite being a huge fan of 4, 5, and the series in general.

I complained about there being no item sharing, and how the controls and camera in the demo made me worried the game was going to suck fat dicks. Then it came out, I actually played it, and I said while there are still some glaring issues, I had very few complaints about the game, and that they actually managed to make Mercenaries better.

You failed to quote that part though.

I also like how you put my first impressions last, implying that I needlessly shat on the game like you do. Maybe if I complained about it having Leon, having to shoot zombies still, or Capcom including the same modes again (STORY AND MERCENARIES? C'MON WTF), you'd have a point. But I'm not that big of a tool.

Also, suck me 8=======D

[quote name='GUNNM']Camo + sensor + sniper = camp fest[/QUOTE]

Not true, I believe at least half everyone playing also has the Promethean Vision ability, can spot those stealth snipers.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Not true, I believe at least half everyone playing also has the Promethean Vision ability, can spot those stealth snipers.[/QUOTE]
I don't see many people use that skill especially in BTB and on Ragnarok how would you beat a sniper if you don't have a sniper? He can camo peak his little head out and kill you

I'm struggling to get kills with the Railgun, Concussion Rifle and Plasma Pistol. The Railgun is misleading because you'd expect it to be great against vehicles, but I just never seem to be able to hit Spartans with it.

Plasma pistol just gets me assists, as some player always happens to shoot the enemy (Team Slayer/Objective or Regicide). This wouldn't be too much of an issue if I wasn't about to max out the assist Commendation.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I'm struggling to get kills with the Railgun, Concussion Rifle and Plasma Pistol. The Railgun is misleading because you'd expect it to be great against vehicles, but I just never seem to be able to hit Spartans with it.

Plasma pistol just gets me assists, as some player always happens to shoot the enemy (Team Slayer/Objective or Regicide). This wouldn't be too much of an issue if I wasn't about to max out the assist Commendation.[/QUOTE]

Yes the rail gun is pretty useless IMO, especially since it has no scope.

The lag for me has just been horrid lately in almost every game, I shoot people in the face and maybe 2 or 3 seconds later it finally registers that I got a kill. Anyone else have this happening? I've tested my connection so I know its not me.

It's not that useful, but if you hit the right stick in to zoom while the Railgun is charging you can do that Spartan helmet view zoom. It really hasn't helped me nail shots though. It's the only UNSC weapon I have that isn't further than level 2, and I only have 3 kills with it. It's just so incredibly weak.

The lag is inconsistent. Some nights I feel like it's every game. Other times it's when a player joins or leaves, and it screws up the game. But sometimes it can be smooth like I'd expect a high budgeted, expensive, exclusive title should play.

Matchmaking started a Big Team game with 3 players; me and another guy versus one player. That was...interesting.

[quote name='hustletron']Yes the rail gun is pretty useless IMO, especially since it has no scope.

The lag for me has just been horrid lately in almost every game, I shoot people in the face and maybe 2 or 3 seconds later it finally registers that I got a kill. Anyone else have this happening? I've tested my connection so I know its not me.[/QUOTE]

I played a decent amount of BTB and TS last night and had no lag.

:/

[quote name='GUNNM']I have almost 19 hours played on MP I need another 16 to earn 100 msp, yay![/QUOTE]

I thought I was much closer than I actually am after checking this morning...oh well. I did buy the map pass this morning so I'll get 100 MSP back from that.

You thought you were closer because you were looking at campaign + mp. From what I read its MP only which you can see on halo.waypoint.com I think is the site

[quote name='GUNNM']You thought you were closer because you were looking at campaign + mp. From what I read its MP only which you can see on halo.waypoint.com I think is the site[/QUOTE]

No I just thought I was closer cause it feels like I've spent more time playing the MP. I looked at Waypoint this morning out of curiousity.

[quote name='GamerDude316']No I just thought I was closer cause it feels like I've spent more time playing the MP. I looked at Waypoint this morning out of curiousity.[/QUOTE]
Same. I've been playing for a few hours almost every night since launch, but somehow I don't even have 20 hours in Competitive.

I want to see a picture of the guy who logs 140 hours. I've been playing everyday have over 80 wins in MP according to the monthly challenge and I'm barely breaking 18 hours

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I'm struggling to get kills with the Railgun, Concussion Rifle and Plasma Pistol. The Railgun is misleading because you'd expect it to be great against vehicles, but I just never seem to be able to hit Spartans with it.

Plasma pistol just gets me assists, as some player always happens to shoot the enemy (Team Slayer/Objective or Regicide). This wouldn't be too much of an issue if I wasn't about to max out the assist Commendation.[/QUOTE]

For Railgun and Concussion Rifle they have a pretty decent splash damage range, don't try to hit the Spartan, try to hit the ground in front of the Spartan. Railgun is great against Warthogs.

[quote name='GUNNM']I don't see many people use that skill especially in BTB and on Ragnarok how would you beat a sniper if you don't have a sniper? He can camo peak his little head out and kill you[/QUOTE]

Lol, well maybe I'm good then. Railgun and Rockets are great if you can hit the ground with em. I nailed a dude with a rocket full body, ha that put a smile on my face. That concussive rifle on the other hand, crap I must have hit the warthog several times and it still didn't blow up. Check, use on light targets.

If you're talking about the loadout reset midgame, yeah, that needs to be addressed. It's annoying when the game freezes due to quitters, new players, or just...something, and when you respawn your top loadout is automatically selected.

As for the Railgun, splash damage has no effect for me. All of my kills with it only happen with direct hits. Worse, I saw a video of someone getting double and triple kills when firing into groups. I managed to do the same thing, on the same map, but only got the kill for the one guy I hit directly, followed shortly by two assists. fuck.

And I was fortunate enough to be put into a Big Team game where the enemy had 500 more points, every vehicle, and only 2 teammates on my side, one of which was idle. If only they had done a Beta for this game, or actually play(ed) it, they'd see how lame it is to get dropped into a game like that. There's no excuse for that, especially for an online title this big. Lock it out uncatchable games so that new players can't be put into death fests, and keep up with the quit penalty. There was never legitmate reasons to not have a quit penalty, so it still has value.

They need to add a damn option to kick teammates after a betrayal. Picked up the sniper on Complex, teammate shot me with a Ghost before running me down eventually.

bread's done
Back