Halo 4 out November 6th!!

Isn't the download small because the content isn't even finished yet so you can't download something big if it hasn't been created yet?

Check your hard drives. Mine contains "War Games Map Pack" or some such(not at home to recheck exact wording) at 2GB. I'm pretty sure that was separate from the MP install file.

[quote name='Trakan']I just have the Spartan Ops Season 1 and the MP install file myself.[/QUOTE]

I'm an idiot. I was looking at the files wrong. Apologies for my idiocy.

I sorta hope that Season Passes, if they continue to exist, become something that you download the from the system dashboard, and not from in-game. I also wish Microsoft would stop putting that stuff up as Hidden Files and make them count as regular XBLM items.

I've been TRYING to get through Campaign on Legendary, but man, this is brutal. It feels a lot harder than what Legendary should be. Plus the checkpoints are few and far between in this campaign, which compounds the problem. There's literally no flow to Campaign on Legendary, which unlike other Halo games, means it just stops allowing you to progress. It basically becomes Goldeneye where you can see enemies through windows but they won't react to you at all.

Multiplayer is fun though. I wish someone would explain these modes for me outside of the Halo usuals.

[quote name='KingBroly']
I played through Dawn on Legendary, and there was this one part that must've taken me an hour to get past. It just stopped my entire progression through the level up to that point. It was so frustrating.[/QUOTE]
The low gravity part? That was where I began to get bored.

In case it happens to you when you play on Legendary, since you've mentioned a few times that running out of ammo is an issue you've encountered with the Knights, the needler destroys them if you hit them with (almost?) every shot fired. I know it's rare that you'll encounter a Knight with the needler, especially early on, but if you can find one it's one of the best weapons against them. Just don't miss or let them teleport.

Also, 2-3 shots with a shotgun or Scattershot takes down a Knight on Legendary, too. Remember that for the 4th level.
The protect Cortana part is where I died at least 15 times. The turrets are great for taking out a Knight, just make sure to kill the Watchers, and spam those Prothean grenades a bit before you at the peak of the hill to try and destroy, or at least damage, the Crawlers coming up. The Sentry Turret armor ability was completely useless here, as it was literally destroyed before it even got a second shot off. Try using Hologram, since you may have better luck with it.

I've read online that people said they battled 2 or 3 Knights, but I had to destroy 5, as well as lots of Crawlers and Watchers. I made sure to prevent the Knight revives when I finally got through that point, but I didn't have to kill all of the Crawlers there, so maybe it really is time based?

Are 3 others interested in doing Spartan Ops Legendary to get the Weekly Challenge points before it expires?

I played about 5-6 games of multiplayer at a friend's house and I have to say I'm impressed. Took about a game but the Halo skillset never leaves you. Thought I would be done after Reach but looks like I'll be picking this up in the near future.

About 3 of the games were on the remake of Valhalla and for some reason no one wanted the sniper on my team, so that might have helped out my impression. Seems like it's much easier to snipe people.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Ebbtide']The low gravity part? That was where I began to get bored.

In case it happens to you when you play on Legendary, since you've mentioned a few times that running out of ammo is an issue you've encountered with the Knights, the needler destroys them if you hit them with (almost?) every shot fired. I know it's rare that you'll encounter a Knight with the needler, especially early on, but if you can find one it's one of the best weapons against them. Just don't miss or let them teleport.

Also, 2-3 shots with a shotgun or Scattershot takes down a Knight on Legendary, too. Remember that for the 4th level.
The protect Cortana part is where I died at least 15 times. The turrets are great for taking out a Knight, just make sure to kill the Watchers, and spam those Prothean grenades a bit before you at the peak of the hill to try and destroy, or at least damage, the Crawlers coming up. The Sentry Turret armor ability was completely useless here, as it was literally destroyed before it even got a second shot off. Try using Hologram, since you may have better luck with it.

I've read online that people said they battled 2 or 3 Knights, but I had to destroy 5, as well as lots of Crawlers and Watchers. I made sure to prevent the Knight revives when I finally got through that point, but I didn't have to kill all of the Crawlers there, so maybe it really is time based?

Are 3 others interested in doing Spartan Ops Legendary to get the Weekly Challenge points before it expires?[/QUOTE]

No, the part I died was before that with all of the Grunts. I literally had to stop playing because I was so angry at that part. The low gravity part wasn't that bad by comparison because I was still moving around frequently. The part I described was just 'stop, recharge your shields, kill 1 or 2 grunts and repeat 3 or 4 times.' Really not to my liking.

Is the DewXP site having issues when attempting to log in to your gamertag today? Been trying since this morning and I keep getting 'account error' message.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is the DewXP site having issues when attempting to log in to your gamertag today? Been trying since this morning and I keep getting 'account error' message.[/QUOTE]
I was able to redeem a cap this afternoon.

After beating the campaign in two sit ins and playing 10 or so multiplayer matches, I sold my copy.

I hated the mission design. Every single level was pretty much " destroy 3 generators in order to advance to the larger generator. Oh we'll also throw in a shit ton of enemies in the mix not to challenge you but just to piss you off". I did enjoy the "escape" sequences
(the ghost escape during the core's destruction and the pelican piloting during the last level were very well done.)
As for the story,
I thought it was meh at best until watching the terminal videos. Don't know why 343 would keep thees essence of the story hidden away...

I also started to dislike John especially towards the ending. I understand the whole Spartan lack of emotion/ Feelings theme but come on. 90% of his text is "It's gonna be okay". Hope to see more personality from him in Halo 5

Multiplayer. Obviously intended to please the CoD crowd. Custom load out and ordinance drops? Really? Was not a fan of the maps either.

Did anyone else have a video pop up the first time they entered Spartan Ops or War Games? I swear I had a video pop up that wasn't the Spartan Ops Episode 1 video or any other video and now I can't find it again.

does anyone have a spare circuit armor code they can spare? i want it so bad but i had a bunch of gamestop credit

I picked this up today after reading some of the positive pro reviews as well as the comments on here. I have only played through the first mission and a half on heroic co-op (with the wifey) and by myself on legendary.

First impression was that the opening CGI was crazy real-looking. I didn't know it was CGI until their lips started moving. Knocked my socks off. I have never been fooled like that before.

That said, I don't really get the hype over the improved in-game graphics. Are they a step up? I guess so. But in my opinion it's not close to a generational leap like some folks suggested. Some cool effects but I guess my expectations were too high.

As for the content of the missions, it honestly felt like more of the same Halo, albiet with some really nice touches here and there. The environments and fights felt samey, so much so that my wife made a comment to the effect of "this part reminds me of something we've done before."

I am excited to fire up the multiplayer, but worried about the 8gb (!) install size I just now read about. I've got an old-school 20gb HD with plenty of Rock Band content on there, so I'm not sure how I am going to free up space (I know I can use a usb stick). What's with the massive install?

After having beaten Halos 1-3, maybe I'm just getting tired of the universe. To be honest, I really have a hard time keeping all this forerunner, prohpet, cartographer, arbiter, heretic, covenant, forward until dawn, pillar of autumn, etc. shit straight. Most of the time I'm just running to a beacon and pressing B when Cortana tells me to. I was excited to watch that 5 minute IGN story recap and get engrossed in the backstory, but I somehow walked away even more confused.

Even with those gripes, I enjoyed my time with it tonight and I am looking forward to cracking some skulls online. Maybe with some CAGs?

Not sure if I like all of the CoD things they borrowed but I do like that the multiplayer isn't all about trying to get to a weapon spawn point first anymore. It makes sense to start the game with the weapon you want instead of the shitty assault rifle.

i honestly fucking hate the maps. the forge world maps made by the community in reach were 10x better. the only good one is ragnarok, a remake. haven and construct are ok though. AND WHERE IS MAH SWAT???????

Prolly already covered but I didn't see it. How do you get matchmaking Spartan ops missions to do Legendary difficulty? Is that possible or do you have to create them yourself and invite friends? If it is the latter then I am screwed and will just have to do Legendary setting solo.

[quote name='Spyder187']Prolly already covered but I didn't see it. How do you get matchmaking Spartan ops missions to do Legendary difficulty? Is that possible or do you have to create them yourself and invite friends? If it is the latter then I am screwed and will just have to do Legendary setting solo.[/QUOTE]
You can currently only get Legendary by setting up your own game and having friends. It's not ideal, but I recall how people usually bailed out of Legendary Cooperative games in Reach, so matchmaking isn't a guarantee of fun either.

If you're curious, I just did all the chapters solo on Legendary. It's not like the Campaign, as you get infinite respawns and don't revert back to a checkpoint if you die. It'll just take longer than 10 minutes. I think on average it's taken me 20-25 minutes for each chapter due to deaths.

I'm absofuckinglutely BLOWN AWAY how HORRIBLE Halo 4 is.

I had to take a break from the game when I got a "Return to the Battefield" countdown. My jaw dropped, I threw the controller down and ripped my headphones off. I was in utter dismay. A Halo game...telling me that I'm leaving the battlefield... W...T...F.

Just so you know my Halo background, I was a HARDCORE Halo 1 player. I mean, all the time I was practicing on Legendary, playing on XboxConnect, and competing in local tournaments. Halo 2 came out, I played that game to death. 3 was fun, ODST is my personal fave, Reach was really good but probably my least favorite. But basically what I want to get across is I'm far from a Halo "newb". I'm well acquainted with Halo and it's very specific "feel". Now here are a couple other things that are messed up:

-Story. WTF. Why are these covenant fighting me? Why is it not a concern and it's just okay to kill HUNDREDS of them when from the main character's POV they had a truce. When you meet up with the humans, it's like "oh... hey, sup". Not the reaction I was expecting when MC has been MIA for over 4 fucking years!!! How does MC know how to use the new alien weapons?!? There are so many things that happen in the story that get no explanation. From what I've heard some of this is explained through the Halo novels and other materials, but guess what? Not everybody is going to read all of that stuff. I just play the games. Hell I've never even seen that Halo cartoon thing. Don't really care to. I just enjoy playing Halo and experiencing the story/universe through the game. So why am I (a person who only plays the Halo games) punished by not getting the full story.

-AI. Holy shit what happened to the amazing Halo AI!? Every time I encounter an enemy banshee, they almost immediately fly into a wall and get stuck. Enemies don't chase you down like they used to. It's like they have an agro area around them, get near, they will attack, otherwise they pretty much stay in place. And then there are just random weird things like driving a scorpion 3 feet away from a grunt, but he doesn't even turn around toward all the marines that are shooting at him, just keeps staring off into the distance.

- I was in a structure and I brought a ghost in. When I went to activate a button, a short cutscene took place, and then my ghost had disappeared!

-The "predator" visor power up. More of a hinderance than a help. The visor in ODST was amazingly useful. This one... not at all. I couldn't get rid of it quick enough.

-The new alien weapons... not really new. So far from what I've played everything is a straight up copy of a human weapon. Nothing new and interesting like how the needler was new and interesting.

-How the fuck does the Rocket Launcher targeting work?! You never get a tool-tip or any instruction. Moreover how come I can target banshees but not any ground vehicles? Moreover, there's nothing to instruct you on how to run, crouch, whatever. I mean I've played all the Halo games, but I wasn't clear on how to run until I looked up the controller configuration in the menu. I can't imagine how it must be for a newbie. Now here is maybe why: I started playing on Heroic. Maybe there are more tool-tips for normal. But in the menu it says "Heroic: For the veteran Halo player". That's me! I've played all of 'em. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to automatically know how all the new functions in this game work.

-The dashing/running. Feels nice at first but why isn't it accompanied by a stamina bar or something? It feels like if you wait a few seconds after exhausting a run you can get a full run again, but if you do it right away you only get a couple of seconds. So it's like there's an invisible stamina bar refilling... so let me just see it.

I've been playing on Heroic, and I'm amazed how dumb the AI is. I think I might drop it down to normal just to finish the game real quick so I can trade it in Sunday. So disappointed... in 343 and in the gaming media. I can't believe how high the reviews have been. Where I'm at right now this feels like a good 7 out of 10.

UPDATE: Just beat the game. Unfortunetely more problems arose. Very minor gameplay spoilers ahead, no story spoilers:

- There is a mission where you pilot a fighter jet basically. The problem is that it's constantly moving forward and if you crash into anything it's INSTA-DEATH. I was really having trouble with the controls too because the jet pilots like any other vehicle basically... which is a problem with a jet. With any of the other flying vehicles it's fine because they basically are glorified helicopters. Works great with FPS controls. A constantly moving jet on the otherhand is totally different. It felt completely unnatural to use the right stick to aim the jet, much less not inverted. I play Halo default controls all the way. But a jet needs to control... like a jet. Inverted, left stick. I guess I could have switched the controls in the options menu, but this whole mission should've been scrapped to begin with. Not fun at all. It seems like this is a running problem with Halo 4. "Hey I got this idea!", "Ok great, throw it in!". There's so many mediocre missions and ideas not full executed in Halo 4. Which brings me to...

-The final mission. What a joke. Run a round, shoot the enemies, push a few buttons, and then...wait for it... a glorified QTE!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! I seriously couldn't believe it. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with QTE's (just look at my avatar), but QTE's do not belong in Halo.

This game has made me yearn all the more for whatever Bungie is up to next. There's so many small things in Halo 4 that just feel off like no other Halo before it. During cutscenes, Chief lands real hard on the platform, but the controller doesn't rumble. A real disconnect. SFX don't trigger in some buildings/structures until you move outside. I suspect that might get fixed in a patch, but still very distracting right now. In one of the in-game cutscenes a ship explodes but allow me to describe the explosion: The ship is smoking, electricity is buzzing all over. Here comes the explosion... The ship literally disappears, and the next frame is an explosion in it's place. It was so distracting and ugly I couldn't believe it.

I'm trading this thing in today at BB, hopefully I can at least get $42 back with the trade in deal going on now. Man do I regret not renting it. Most disappointing $18+tax I've ever spent: Halo 4.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Did anyone else have a video pop up the first time they entered Spartan Ops or War Games? I swear I had a video pop up that wasn't the Spartan Ops Episode 1 video or any other video and now I can't find it again.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you can view it in Waypoint. I haven't even entered Spartan Ops yet and I watched something that definitely looked like it was a Spartan Ops intro video within Waypoint.

[quote name='patches48']
I had to take a break from the game when I got a "Return to the Battefield" countdown. My jaw dropped, I threw the controller down and ripped my headphones off. I was in utter dismay.[/QUOTE]

...you're either being melodramatic, or you really need to relax.

No I'm not. It was just the last straw at that point in my play session. One of my favorite things about Halo is discovering the area and getting to crazy places. I remember in Halo CE on The Silent Cartographer, when you go inside the Halo, there's a bridge blown up that you walk out to and then there is a brief cutscene showing the chief looking out at the endless below. Well me and a friend would grenade blow a warthog threw the tunnel and drove the warthog out over the bridge down on the far end of the corridor aiming it just right to hit this structure in the distance and driving it down all the way to the bottom which felt like literally 2 miles. It was one of the most coolest thing I've ever done in a video game. Completely pointless, but liberating.

This is where my frustration comes in with the Return to the Battefield thing. As soon as I start to explore the level TOO much... nope! Turn it around buddy or you die! That's bullshit and lazy level design.

They could have just added more cliffs for you to fall from like every other Halo game. Or even more invisible walls.

I understand the hate for the COD things in here but the maps are my biggest complaint, there's apparently 2 or 3 more maps when you go into custom games that you can choose that also aren't in rotation in Matchmaking. Why? There's like Ravine, Crash or Crater, and one other I can't remember the name.

Haven is terrible, Solace is terrible, Abandon is meh, the only maps I enjoy now are Rag, Complex, and Adrift, in that order.

There's just too much bullshit on the maps like Exile, they have a bunch of vehicles but you can barely drive them because all the shit on either side of the area where "B" would be in Dominion. Same with Longbow and Vortex. The other maps are just big circles designed to induce rage because of the terrible spawn points in KoTH and Oddball.

I'm level 34 and I apparently hit an XP cap last night. Really? An XP cap? Why there are any sort of caps like they had in Reach is beyond me, if I'm playing more than the next person why would you limit my XP? I continued playing anyway but as I played for a while longer, all my progress with weapons and commendations were popping up, but of course I didn't get any of the XP. And they want us to play for 80 hours or some shit? Really?

[quote name='patches48']No I'm not. It was just the last straw at that point in my play session. One of my favorite things about Halo is discovering the area and getting to crazy places. I remember in Halo CE on The Silent Cartographer, when you go inside the Halo, there's a bridge blown up that you walk out to and then there is a brief cutscene showing the chief looking out at the endless below. Well me and a friend would grenade blow a warthog threw the tunnel and drove the warthog out over the bridge down on the far end of the corridor aiming it just right to hit this structure in the distance and driving it down all the way to the bottom which felt like literally 2 miles. It was one of the most coolest thing I've ever done in a video game. Completely pointless, but liberating.

This is where my frustration comes in with the Return to the Battefield thing. As soon as I start to explore the level TOO much... nope! Turn it around buddy or you die! That's bullshit and lazy level design.[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty called. It said it will be here on Tuesday so just relax.

[quote name='Spyder187']Call of Duty called. It said it will be here on Tuesday so just relax.[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty is the biggest reason why games have adopted lazy campaign design, with "Return to Battlefield" messages. Why would that make him relax?

I don't understand why people are ignoring the valid point being brought up about the Return to Battlefield issue. In several of the maps with Banshees you can hardly fly very high before you get the same message. This wouldn't be an issue so much if the vehicles were like they were in Halo 3 and were essentially immune to gun fire, but your ship will easily be taken down by starting weapons, sniper rifles, Spartan Lasers, Scorpions, and Warthogs with any turret. The only level that really allows decent height and space for a Banshee is Ragnarok, which is because it's from Halo 3, but it still gets destroyed quickly by the Mantis.

It just doesn't make sense to place flying vehicles in a claustrophobic map design.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I don't understand why people are ignoring the valid point being brought up about the Return to Battlefield issue. In several of the maps with Banshees you can hardly fly very high before you get the same message. This wouldn't be an issue so much if the vehicles were like they were in Halo 3 and were essentially immune to gun fire, but your ship will easily be taken down by starting weapons, sniper rifles, Spartan Lasers, Scorpions, and Warthogs with any turret. The only level that really allows decent height and space for a Banshee is Ragnarok, which is because it's from Halo 3, but it still gets destroyed quickly by the Mantis.

It just doesn't make sense to place flying vehicles in a claustrophobic map design.[/QUOTE]

I agree entirely with that post. It's utter bullshit.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I don't understand why people are ignoring the valid point being brought up about the Return to Battlefield issue. In several of the maps with Banshees you can hardly fly very high before you get the same message. This wouldn't be an issue so much if the vehicles were like they were in Halo 3 and were essentially immune to gun fire, but your ship will easily be taken down by starting weapons, sniper rifles, Spartan Lasers, Scorpions, and Warthogs with any turret. The only level that really allows decent height and space for a Banshee is Ragnarok, which is because it's from Halo 3, but it still gets destroyed quickly by the Mantis.

It just doesn't make sense to place flying vehicles in a claustrophobic map design.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'd agree that the Banshees can be 'easily' taken down by starting weapons, however this change hasn't bothered me. It keeps players from just taking the Banshee and avoiding the battlefield, and I haven't seen any time where a player with a Banshee just dominates the entire match, like in Halo 3. While I can understand the argument that claustrophobic level design is a poor choice for maps that have flying vehicles, I understand the choices they made and don't have a problem with it.

Personally I was unhappy when I heard they were going to add a CoD style progression system, however I think 343 made some really smart design decisions to keep it from feeling like an unbalanced mess and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected to. I'm still using most of the things I unlocked right away without any issues or feeling like I'm underpowered.

The only map I dislike is Exile.

My main dislikes are things like the small QTE in campaign, I'm playing co-op with my wife and it is really distracting. Also I miss Bungie.net. I think the waypoint interface in more convoluted than it needs to be, and there's still not a way to share videos and screenshots taken in the game through it, or Forge maps as far as I can tell. Considering there are achievements for making maps, taking pics and videos, not having a good way to share them yet seems kind of short sighted. No manual, in game or otherwise, is kind of bullshit considering they've made a bunch of changes.

I'm SR21 and digging it. I hope I'm not sick of the maps as much as some of you are by the time I get into the 30s.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Did anyone else have a video pop up the first time they entered Spartan Ops or War Games? I swear I had a video pop up that wasn't the Spartan Ops Episode 1 video or any other video and now I can't find it again.[/QUOTE]

Go to the Spartan Ops lobby, scroll all the way left, click on view episodes and you're there.

The first video was mostly real world and some cgi. It did look amazing. I wish they would expand on that story line more. I know it was just to set up the Spartan II's vs the new IV's. As well as chief still being alive

I thought the Halo 4 story was very well done, but if you take the time to look into other parts of the canon its amazing. It's not 343i's fault if you don't bother reading up or watching other parts of the universe.

For people complaining about the lack of variety in the mission structure: How many objectives could you possibly have in a military shooter? Call of Duty's objectives generally boil down to shoot 1k bad guys, blow this thing up, save this person. Halo is kind of the same way, but they deliver it in so many different manners it's fun. Sometimes you're flying a pelican or a jet (forgot the name). Sometimes you're driving a warthog or a tank. Or other times you are storming the battlefield with multiple spartans.

The one thing I will agree with. The terminal videos should be in the game. Apparently they weren't because of time constraints, but having those in would clear up a lot for people. But really if people care enough they can find them on youtube.

Got the game on Thursday, beat it today lol. Wow, an exceptional campaign that keeps you engaged all the way through. Spartan Ops is fun with friends and I was glad you can die multiple times because there are a lot of enemies to take out lol. Online mode feels like Halo, 343 emulated Bungie's feel and look exceptionally well. The talent behind this game is surprising since Microsoft made 343 out of nowhere, like Turn 10! The graphics are also pretty amazing considering the aging hardware, really nice vistas and the art team did a great job on the textures. It feels like Halo just infused with modern gaming. Right now I'm running through the multiplayer, will prob go back into the campaign on Legendary with friends. With the multiplayer having the added call of duty inspired gameplay (in infinity slayer) where you call down ordinance when you get your "kill streak" and there's also custom loadouts this time adding a bunch of Battlefield 3 like unlockable customization options, yeah it feels like it works for me. Can't wait for SWAT next week!

One thing I find funny is the hypocrisy of the gaming community. People complain that COD is the same thing over and over, but when a game like Halo makes significant changes people complain about it. The fact of the matter is you can't satisfy everyone. That's why there are playlists. 343i is going to tweak the playlists and add more based on what people want.

Also to the person that complained about the graphics: Maybe some people said they were like a generational leap, but I think for the most part people just felt that they are really well done. Which they definitely are. The improvement between Halo 3 and 4 is vast. Just look at the minor details like the warthog. The cutscene's are a huge leap over other Halo games. Halo 4 is one of the best looking 360 games hands down.

[quote name='slickkill77']Also to the person that complained about the graphics: Maybe some people said they were like a generational leap, but I think for the most part people just felt that they are really well done. Which they definitely are. The improvement between Halo 3 and 4 is vast. Just look at the minor details like the warthog. The cutscene's are a huge leap over other Halo games. Halo 4 is one of the best looking 360 games hands down.[/QUOTE]

I think you are referring to my comment about the graphics. I partly agree with you. To clarify, I wasn't really complaining about the graphics, but rather commenting that I felt that the in-game graphics were hyped too much based on a few of the comments I read. You are right that most people were commenting on how well done they are; I think my expectations were just set too high. In my opinion, Halo 4 looks about as good as I would expect it to, given that it is a flagship title released this late in the console cycle. Props to the new studio for stepping up to the plate and delivering on those expectations.

The opening cutscene IS a huge leap over other Halos and any other game I've ever played for that matter. I don't care if I am hyping it - it's the most realistic CGI I have ever seen. Crazy good.

In other news: I played some multiplayer tonight and I was digging it. Felt a step slow but I'm a touch out of practice. If any CAGs want to join up feel free to shoot me a friend request. Gamertag: Reinfeld

I have to say i've really enjoyed this game. If it weren't for the AMEX promotion I wouldn't have played it at all.

Really fantastic looking game as well. Hard to believe there is still this much to squeeze out of the 360.

[quote name='slickkill77']One thing I find funny is the hypocrisy of the gaming community. People complain that COD is the same thing over and over, but when a game like Halo makes significant changes people complain about it. The fact of the matter is you can't satisfy everyone. That's why there are playlists. 343i is going to tweak the playlists and add more based on what people want.

Also to the person that complained about the graphics: Maybe some people said they were like a generational leap, but I think for the most part people just felt that they are really well done. Which they definitely are. The improvement between Halo 3 and 4 is vast. Just look at the minor details like the warthog. The cutscene's are a huge leap over other Halo games. Halo 4 is one of the best looking 360 games hands down.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, the complaints seem pretty valid when Halo's changes make it more like CoD.

Was the opening cut scene of Halsey all cgi? It seemed like the beginning was real and then it transitioned into cgi. There were definitely real humans and scenes in some of that. If there weren't, then wow...just wow.

Yes it is more like COD in certain ways but really when you think about it, great ideas don't come along all that often. When a company has good ideas then the onus is on other companies to either best it or refine it and fit it in there game. Redefining a genre like FPS is utterly difficult in this day and age. 343i has done that wonderfully. The only thing I find unnecessary in competitive multiplayer is AA's. I never use them. The custom loadouts are fine. Everyone is basically going to start with the same two guns anyway (BR/DMR). The ordinance drops are w/e to me. I could do without them but I don't mind them.

it's the best CGI of any video game I've ever seen. sometimes you think it can't possibly be rendered in realtime. I still think it has to be canned video. but I looked for compression artifacts and it's pretty darn hard to see the signs that it's video.

As for the actual gameplay graphics, I'm in awe with how detailed and smooth the graphics were. I only distinctly remember one scene where the framerate crapped out due to the screen being totally flooded with enemies (not looking at multiplayer because that's too influenced by connection speed and latency). Compare this to others like Halo 3 and Reach which had a number of scenes that chunked.

I'm a little surprised at some of the comments...

in another forum, here's what one guy said (who torched Halo 4) and complained about the graphics: "I bought the game because there's nothing else worth buying and COD is getting old. This game feels and looks exactly like Halo 2"

here's another guy: "I am dissapointed in Halo 4. Graphics during single player campaign are not that great. More like Halo 3 then a game created from scratch. Nothing special, just OK, not bad, not great, just OK graphics."

I don't know how anyone can play the story campaign and come away thinking that Halo 4's graphics look just like Halo 2 or Halo 3.

another guy said Reach's graphics were better (condensing it because he went on a huge rant): "Sorry, I am not seeing the LEAPS about Halo reach people are claiming, sure it is probably better, but not these amazing graphics. I have a stack of games with better graphics then this."

Ok so just got to SR26 and my current loadout:

All Ghillied Up
PW: Light Rifle
SW: Boltshot
G: Pulse
AA: Active Camo
TP: Shielding
SU: Awareness

Forerunner sniper
and I have 2 Spartan Points left over.

Yeah, when they showed the CGI stuff at E3 I thought it was a stage set and my exact words were 'that's a lot of money to spend on a sound stage for a game.' It's scary awesome tech they have to do CG that good. I still think God of War 3's CGI is better, but it's a completely different kind of focus.

I'm up to SR24 I believe. I'm stuck at 11 wins. I hate it when they put me into a game already going on. It's such a downer. I just play BTB because I'd rather do regular Slayer with 3 others.

[quote name='Soodmeg']It suffers from Borderlands syndrome, (yes I know that BL came out after) What I mean by that is, you can claim you have a bazillion weapons all you want...but in reality you have 10 weapons that you have reskinned 50 times.I couldnt roll my eyes hard enough at the fact that within 4 levels I already picked up, a Needler, Plasma Pistol, Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, Alien Assault Rifle, Alien Sniper, Alien battle rifle and of course the magnum. etc etc.

Jesus Bungie/343...you are not bound to the rules of reality...make a gun that shoots dicks out or something. You have been recycling a bunch of stuff from the the first game this entire time...not to mention I have already been on a Ghost and a Warthog ...good thing too...I missed them from every other halo game.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, there hasn't been a console shooter with truly awesome and unique guns since Turok 2.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']To be fair, there hasn't been a console shooter with truly awesome and unique guns since Turok 2.[/QUOTE]
Bow and arrow with exploding broadheads? Yes please!

Ahh, the days before Turok became garbage...

[quote name='JasonTerminator']To be fair, there hasn't been a console shooter with truly awesome and unique guns since Turok 2.[/QUOTE]

Armed and Dangerous had a land shark gun, and the topsy turvy grenade which flipped the world upside down. Bulletstorm had some fun weapons.

Yeah that kinda of a cop out dude. There has been a bunch of different weapons in games that would qualify as not run of the mill.

The problem is that 343's ambition was to prove they could deliver the same thing Bungie did and not fuck it up. That's probably their mandate from MS as long as they're still selling millions on the first day.

bread's done
Back