Halo 4 Pre-order Bonuses & Deals - Releases 11/6/12

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]28701[/IMG-R]Halo 4 is out next week to great reviews. Check out our listing of Halo 4 pre-order bonuses and deals.[/preview]
Release Date 11/6/12

Pre-order bonus information from Halo Waypoint forums & Halopedia
All retailers include free shipping.

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag and Beat Halo 4 on Normal, Get $35 & More

iconamazon.gif
Amazon $59.00
$10 Amazon Instant Video Credit
Skin: Web Armor: CIO
Emblem: Spartan
Emblem: Bulletproof

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy $59.99
$20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
Skin: Raptor Armor: Venator
Skin: Dead Eye helmet skin
Poster: Master Chief Poster

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop $59.99
Skin: Forest Armor: HAZOP
Skin: Arctic Weapon: Battle Rifle

:360: Microsoft Store $59.99
$25 off next Microsoft Store purchase
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

:360: Microsoft Store (B&M) $54.99
$25 Gift Card for the Microsoft Store
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart $59.99 Limited Edition $99.96
$4.99 Vudu credit
Skin: Oceanic Armor (Circuit)

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 [requires coupon code EMCJJNH48 - EXPIRES 11/4]
No Bonuses

FRYS $49.99 [no free shipping, $2.99 for economy]
No Bonuses

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Walmart charges your card before or after the item ships?
Do they deliver release day usually?

yep, wish i preordered my limited edition at amazon. but i always get halo at midnight releases and didnt wanna pay for extra shipping. poop. My gamestop LE preorder will have to suffice.

[quote name='Dinosaurdaniel']should put that on walmart online you can buy the walmart skin for .35 cents. so if you wanted that skin as well can pick that up[/QUOTE]

Call me a noob I guess, but how does this work? I totally dig their armor, but I can't get past the spider-man one Amazon is offering... Customizing it with black/white sounds miiiighty tasty.

If I can just pay a measly amount of couch cushion change for theirs somehow, that would be freakin great.

[quote name='Grumpy Bob']Call me a noob I guess, but how does this work? I totally dig their armor, but I can't get past the spider-man one Amazon is offering... Customizing it with black/white sounds miiiighty tasty.

If I can just pay a measly amount of couch cushion change for theirs somehow, that would be freakin great.[/QUOTE]

You could, or possibly could have. I'm not certain if its dead or not. A lot of people have complained about canceled orders.

Look at this thread for details
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330154

[quote name='RabbitSuit']You could, or possibly could have. I'm not certain if its dead or not. A lot of people have complained about canceled orders.

Look at this thread for details
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330154[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info... Guess I'm one of those fools totally nerding out over armor skins hahaha. Ever since the first press release, this has been on my mind. :wall:

So if you don't care about the packaging and few extras, then I suppose it is a better deal to get the Halo 4 game alone+season pass on the side later on huh? Thinking of doing that. Too bad best buy only lets you get 1 copy per title for the $20 RZ certificate pre-order bonus. Here's to hoping TRU or someone else has a day 1 purchase deal like a $15 gift card throw in.

Not sure if anyone from the Walmart thread posted or not, but I just received my 5$ preorder card in the mail and on the back it has instructions on how to redeem the exclusive DLC. This includes a code to enter into xbox marketplace. Also it stipulates how to pay for the rest of the preorder.

Soooo, if anyone was doubting or wondering about getting charged the rest of the game price without going into the store, or whether the DLC code would be given to customers AFTER picking up the game, the answer is negative on both questions.

Preorder card INCLUDES the code that will unlock VUDU credit as well as DLC, and the instructions lead me to believe charges won't be made unless you present the card to Wal-mart.

Just FYI

[quote name='Grumpy Bob']Not sure if anyone from the Walmart thread posted or not, but I just received my 5$ preorder card in the mail and on the back it has instructions on how to redeem the exclusive DLC. This includes a code to enter into xbox marketplace. Also it stipulates how to pay for the rest of the preorder.

Soooo, if anyone was doubting or wondering about getting charged the rest of the game price without going into the store, or whether the DLC code would be given to customers AFTER picking up the game, the answer is negative on both questions.

Preorder card INCLUDES the code that will unlock VUDU credit as well as DLC, and the instructions lead me to believe charges won't be made unless you present the card to Wal-mart.

Just FYI[/QUOTE]

What you bought was not what everyone was buying for .35 cents.

Did my preorder in store at a B&M Microsoft Store in Atlanta and they confirmed that they still take $5 off the purchase price for preordered games so Halo 4 would be $54.99 in store with a $25 Gift Card. Also, last year they gave gift cards for picking up games at midnight launch parties in the form of $10. No confirmation on that for this year though. Also, I did the Bing challenge and used the $25 for the $10 preorder payment and the rest toward a $20 points card (with $5 coming out of pocket). I put the cheaper price for B&M in the wiki OP.

[quote name='Grumpy Bob']Not sure if anyone from the Walmart thread posted or not, but I just received my 5$ preorder card in the mail and on the back it has instructions on how to redeem the exclusive DLC. This includes a code to enter into xbox marketplace. Also it stipulates how to pay for the rest of the preorder.

Just FYI[/QUOTE]

Was this the $0.35 deal or did you pay the $5? I received all of my promo codes for VUDU via email and the emails indicated that they would email me the skin codes on 11/6/12. Now I'm wondering about that deal...

[quote name='latin trident']Was this the $0.35 deal or did you pay the $5? I received all of my promo codes for VUDU via email and the emails indicated that they would email me the skin codes on 11/6/12. Now I'm wondering about that deal...[/QUOTE]

A little bit of both...

I believe it was considered the ".35 cent deal" but I still paid 5$. It includes a VUDU 4.99 credit and the exclusive Wal-Mart armor.

The deal I clicked on was on Wal-Mart's website where they send you a prepaid card.

Here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Halo-4-5-...its-and-Armor-Skin-Download-Xbox-360/21474239

NewEgg is offering $12 off pre-order for EMCJNHE52.

Not sure if I want to do this or the MS one. I will need two map packs but those won't even start coming out until December.

I hate how there are now exclusive emblems and such in Halo 4. Why could it not be like past halos where you can make your own emblem, so nothing is "exclusive". Armor should be exclusive, not emblems.

[quote name='vantheman']I hate how there are now exclusive emblems and such in Halo 4. Why could it not be like past halos where you can make your own emblem, so nothing is "exclusive". Armor should be exclusive, not emblems.[/QUOTE]

Whatever happened the good ole days of actuallly unlocking all the content in games rather than have these "exclusives" based on where you preorder?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Whatever happened the good ole days of actuallly unlocking all the content in games rather than have these "exclusives" based on where you preorder?[/QUOTE]

omg this

[quote name='stephyt']NewEgg is offering $12 off pre-order for EMCJNHE52.

Not sure if I want to do this or the MS one. I will need two map packs but those won't even start coming out until December.[/QUOTE]

Just checked and this code does still appear to be working so I'm updating the first post.

So anyone care to explain the "Pre-order Now to Get All 7 Halo 4 Exclusives, Only at GameStop" email from GameStop from a couple of days ago? Since when did they have more bonuses, and 7 at that, than whats listed in the OP?

halo4-gamestop-preorder-email.PNG

[quote name='superhippy1986']I want it from Amazon for the video credit... lolz[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah. I only have three reasons to buy it there: I have $57 store credit to get rid of, no tax and I have Prime until January so my bro can have it day one. If they keep going the way they're going I won't buy any games from them next year. Why are they so desperate not to give a general credit?

The Newegg deal has been dead for a while, hasn't it? I'm looking to preorder a copy. Where will I get the most bang for my buck?

[quote name='Yamato']The Newegg deal has been dead for a while, hasn't it? I'm looking to preorder a copy. Where will I get the most bang for my buck?[/QUOTE]

Best deal is Microsoft Store, their $25 gift card with preorder was still on last I checked. Best Buy has $20 rz certificate if you're a GCU member (costs $15 to join though). Newegg may run a deal again though: on release day, newegg had AC3 for $48 up to November 5, I reordered it at that price

[quote name='superhippy1986']I thought Amazon charges tax now.. At least for PA..[/QUOTE]

They'll start collecting tax here in NJ at the end of July, possibly earlier but not yet. They'll be taxed pretty much everywhere soon enough.

[quote name='woodcan']Lame, I didn't get the Halo poster when I pre-ordered at Best Buy in-store.
Anybody else get one?[/QUOTE]

I missed out as well.

[quote name='woodcan']Lame, I didn't get the Halo poster when I pre-ordered at Best Buy in-store.
Anybody else get one?[/QUOTE]
When did you pre-order? Because those lithograph posters were available months ago and I'm sure by now are gone.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']frys price match to BB anyone?[/QUOTE]

I was also wondering this. I guess as long as Frys sells it at that price on release day and if Frys is even one of the places Best Buy matches. I have about $50 in Best Buy credit to use.

When was the last time Amazon offered $20 credit? Battlefield 3?

Have a shit ton of Amazon credit...looks like I'll be getting it from newegg in a few days.

[quote name='HornyPony']When was the last time Amazon offered $20 credit? Battlefield 3?

Have a shit ton of Amazon credit...looks like I'll be getting it from newegg in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Back when they also offered 99 cent release day delivery... sigh.

Really hoping Newegg ships early. After seeing the reviews I'm gonna be miserable on Tuesday if I don't have my copy yet :booty:

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']So anyone care to explain the "Pre-order Now to Get All 7 Halo 4 Exclusives, Only at GameStop" email from GameStop from a couple of days ago? Since when did they have more bonuses, and 7 at that, than whats listed in the OP?

halo4-gamestop-preorder-email.PNG
[/QUOTE]

I have been wondering the same thing. I feel like there would be much more promotion behind this if they really had EVERY preorder dlc from Amazon, BBY, Walmart and MS Store.

The link just brings you to the bogus "Vote" thing. If anyone as more info I would love to hear it!

*Thinking about it, it says SEVEN. There is the Gamestop Forest Armor, the Arctic Battle Rifle Skin, Premium Theme and then the current voting which looks like it will be a Ghost Avatar Prop. That means 4 things right there. Then it notes something of the three emblems only for PUR members.

So that means the above four plus the three emblems. AKA poor advertising/ wording on GS's end.

[quote name='black_hand313']Best deal is Microsoft Store, their $25 gift card with preorder was still on last I checked. Best Buy has $20 rz certificate if you're a GCU member (costs $15 to join though). Newegg may run a deal again though: on release day, newegg had AC3 for $48 up to November 5, I reordered it at that price[/QUOTE]

If I order from MS Store, will I get delivery on release day? Anyone know?

[quote name='Yamato']If I order from MS Store, will I get delivery on release day? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I think I got NBA2k13 the day after release, which is perfectly timely enough for me given the deal. I would only have a handful of hours to play Halo 4 on release day anyways.

Can anyone confirm the Microsoft B&M stores have this for $54.99 with $25 gaming credit?

EDIT: I called the Santa Clara store and confirmed. Plus they have a midnight launch. Sweet.

I went with the Microsoft store. At least I can just use the $25 for some XBOX LIVE SPACEBUX (tm).

Decision time: Do I go with my $44.99 preorder at Newegg or the $25 credit at the Microsoft store? Both deals are good so the deciding factor I think will be which of the two can get it to me closest to release. Anybody have experience with release day delivery from these two?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Decision time: Do I go with my $44.99 preorder at Newegg or the $25 credit at the Microsoft store? Both deals are good so the deciding factor I think will be which of the two can get it to me closest to release. Anybody have experience with release day delivery from these two?[/QUOTE]

Personally I'd stick with newegg, but if getting it closest to release day is most important to you...MS store may get it to you release day and they may not. Newegg will be the following day earliest.

I'm holding out hope Newegg offers it for 48 on release day. I'd rather save money up front than buy at full price with a coupon.

How is the delivery time from the Microsoft Store? I just changed from Newegg to them since I wanted the armor.

Since I got a gift card at BB, thats where I can get it cheap so I'll get it there. Pretty sure the skins will be available for all on later or I hope.

bread's done
Back