Halo 4 Pre-order Bonuses & Deals - Releases 11/6/12

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]28701[/IMG-R]Halo 4 is out next week to great reviews. Check out our listing of Halo 4 pre-order bonuses and deals.[/preview]
Release Date 11/6/12

Pre-order bonus information from Halo Waypoint forums & Halopedia
All retailers include free shipping.

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag and Beat Halo 4 on Normal, Get $35 & More

iconamazon.gif
Amazon $59.00
$10 Amazon Instant Video Credit
Skin: Web Armor: CIO
Emblem: Spartan
Emblem: Bulletproof

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy $59.99
$20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
Skin: Raptor Armor: Venator
Skin: Dead Eye helmet skin
Poster: Master Chief Poster

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop $59.99
Skin: Forest Armor: HAZOP
Skin: Arctic Weapon: Battle Rifle

:360: Microsoft Store $59.99
$25 off next Microsoft Store purchase
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

:360: Microsoft Store (B&M) $54.99
$25 Gift Card for the Microsoft Store
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart $59.99 Limited Edition $99.96
$4.99 Vudu credit
Skin: Oceanic Armor (Circuit)

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 [requires coupon code EMCJJNH48 - EXPIRES 11/4]
No Bonuses

FRYS $49.99 [no free shipping, $2.99 for economy]
No Bonuses

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know how to change the card being charged on new egg ? i have halo preordered from them i cant update my card and i dont wanna miss out on it. so im tryna debate whether to get it from the ms store or not :cry:

[quote name='BrolyB593']*Thinking about it, it says SEVEN. There is the Gamestop Forest Armor, the Arctic Battle Rifle Skin, Premium Theme and then the current voting which looks like it will be a Ghost Avatar Prop. That means 4 things right there. Then it notes something of the three emblems only for PUR members.

So that means the above four plus the three emblems. AKA poor advertising/ wording on GS's end.[/QUOTE]
I think you totally nailed it! Stupid GameStop...or marketing geniuses because they know it will trick those who don't read past the bold text...

The game is Awesome!!! :) I paid for my pre order @ best buy to get
The skins there. But I came across a copy @ my local mom & pops that had
A copy so I picked it up. I'll trade it in when I get my limited @ BB.

[quote name='fullhavok']The game is Awesome!!! :) I paid for my pre order @ best buy to get
A copy so I picked it up. I'll trade it in when I get my limited @ BB.[/QUOTE]
Aren't they still doing the bans for people who play early?

[quote name='fullhavok']The game is Awesome!!! :) I paid for my pre order @ best buy to get

Be careful, hope you don't get banned even though you have a legit copy.

I warned the people selling the game early on craigslist that they probably are doing bans on people playing it early. Hope the actor who played Froggy from Little Rascals told them that in his prank call lol (yes I repeated myself if you seen me mention this on another thread, I think it's epic hearing that tonight over a link I found).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='officerrickyross222']anyone know how to change the card being charged on new egg ? i have halo preordered from them i cant update my card and i dont wanna miss out on it. so im tryna debate whether to get it from the ms store or not :cry:[/QUOTE]

They will send an email to allow you to update the info as needed. Shouldn't have to worry too much.

A[quote name='fullhavok']The game is Awesome!!! :) I paid for my pre order @ best buy to get

I'm jelly

I had plenty of GS credit so I preordered it there.

[quote name='TheBomb69']Can anyone confirm the Microsoft B&M stores have this for $54.99 with $25 gaming credit?

EDIT: I called the Santa Clara store and confirmed. Plus they have a midnight launch. Sweet.[/QUOTE]

Do you actually need to pre-order at the store to get the credit, or can you simply get it at launch?

Also, is the B&M credit a physical gift card or is it a receipt with the same expiration as the online credit?

Thanks.

Hey everybody I just want some advice. Should I pre-order the Halo 4 Limited Edition Console from Microsoft or Amazon? I went to Gamestop and Bestbuy and they stopped taking orders from it. Not sure if that is true or if they are just reserving it for later. Any other suggestions will be helpful. Thanks!

[quote name='garrett9418']Hey everybody I just want some advice. Should I pre-order the Halo 4 Limited Edition Console from Microsoft or Amazon? I went to Gamestop and Bestbuy and they stopped taking orders from it. Not sure if that is true or if they are just reserving it for later. Any other suggestions will be helpful. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I think it really just depends on what kinda deal works for you .....if you can wait and don't mind your card being charged now Microsoft but if you want it on release day, mind only getting 10 buck instead of 25 then Amazon. Personality I'm working on AC3 plus I have the money now so I would go with Mircosoft since I would use the 25 on Need for Speed

Edit: Oh your getting the Console, I thought it was just the game, I would just go for Amazon then

[quote name='ray2dee']I think it really just depends on what kinda deal works for you .....if you can wait and don't mind your card being charged now Microsoft but if you want it on release day, mind only getting 10 buck instead of 25 then Amazon. Personality I'm working on AC3 plus I have the money now so I would go with Mircosoft since I would use the 25 on Need for Speed

Edit: Oh your getting the Console, I thought it was just the game, I would just go for Amazon then[/QUOTE]

Any particular reason why you chose Amazon over Microsoft or anything else?

[quote name='garrett9418']Any particular reason why you chose Amazon over Microsoft or anything else?[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to getting the console at Amazon over anywhere else... I would guess no tax (if thats still an option for you, depending on where you live.) Tax on the console at my BB would have been around $30. At Amazon, its still tax free for me, with release date shipping thats usually good about being delivered on release date(BB has been a little sketchy with getting my items here on release date consistently despite advertising one of the shipping options as release date.)

Does anyone know if the Microsoft store has any advertisement for the in store price of $54.99 w/ gift card? I only ask bc my bb will pm these type of deals, they just deduct the gc amount from the purchase price, so paying $29.99 on release day would be sweet.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']If you're referring to getting the console at Amazon over anywhere else... I would guess no tax (if thats still an option for you, depending on where you live.) Tax on the console at my BB would have been around $30. At Amazon, its still tax free for me, with release date shipping thats usually good about being delivered on release date(BB has been a little sketchy with getting my items here on release date consistently despite advertising one of the shipping options as release date.)[/QUOTE]

So Amazon will have the cheapest option compared to the others if I am buying it in the US right? How about the pre-order bonuses? Are they different from the game and the Limited Edition Console?

[quote name='officerrickyross222']anyone know how to change the card being charged on new egg ? i have halo preordered from them i cant update my card and i dont wanna miss out on it. so im tryna debate whether to get it from the ms store or not :cry:[/QUOTE]

You can't change the information now, but when Newegg tries to charge the card they'll inform you of the error and allow you to update the card then. It might delay the order a little bit, but at least they don't cancel it.

[quote name='garrett9418']So Amazon will have the cheapest option compared to the others if I am buying it in the US right? How about the pre-order bonuses? Are they different from the game and the Limited Edition Console?[/QUOTE]
I bought the console through best buy online with insore pick up. That way I can avoid tax, get $20 cert and get the system on launch day. Right now it looks like best buy pre-orders are "in store" only though.

I grabbed the Newegg deal since I really do not need to have it day 1 and they have the best price for me. Another game to add to the pile I might get to in the next few months... lol

Sadly, it might be Monday for Newegg orders. I hope mine gets shipped from their warehouse in California instead of New Jersey or the other place. I live in California.

Just ordered my copy from Amazon for $39 after waiting for Gears 3 trade in credit and Amazon Chase points, it says estimated delivery date November 8 :(

Oh well I'll either buy a BB or Wal Mart copy and play that then return my Amazon copy when it gets here. :bouncy:

[quote name='kingofk1ngs']when can we expect New Egg to start shipping out the game?[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered the Archives Edition of Resident Evil 6 and picked free shipping and received it on release day. I'm on the East Coast, though, so I'm not sure how much the activity of Sandy could delay shipments still.

They also sent my pre-order of the Killzone Trilogy out a day early, and I didn't realize that until just now.

Just brought one of those pre-order cards at Walmart since I had a GC laying around. I assume even if you dont pick up the game, you still get the code for the Web Armor through email?

If so, I'll buy the game at Gamestop or Best Buy, otherwise I guess I'll just get it at Walmart. Paying 5$ for the code myself seems much more efficient than trying to get one for much more after release day.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just brought one of those pre-order cards at Walmart since I had a GC laying around. I assume even if you dont pick up the game, you still get the code for the Web Armor through email?

If so, I'll buy the game at Gamestop or Best Buy, otherwise I guess I'll just get it at Walmart. Paying 5$ for the code myself seems much more efficient than trying to get one for much more after release day.[/QUOTE]

That's the case I believe, it's still not 100% clear but that's been the accepted hypothesis.

If thats the case, pretty awesome way to handle pre-order DLC. Other stores should take note, tired of having to buy multiple 60$ copies just to get all the stuff.

Well they initially did some kind of like beta online dlc shelf on the Wal Mart website where they were selling the vudu $5 credit codes for 35 cents and it came with a bunch of different DLC based on what version/game you chose.

They had Halo 4, Black Ops 2, AC3, etc and people were trying to buy like one of each and all the of them were getting cancelled except the Halo 4 ones.

So we all got the Vudu credit codes to redeem, but we are still waiting to hear on the DLC codes for Halo because I haven't gotten any codes myself, I assume I will on the 4th hopefully, but it's still up in the air because supposedly they removed the "beta" items that were 35 cents on the website. So in a way it was an error I think on the website but they sent out the Vudu codes, now just hope they send the Halo codes.

Yeah i remember seeing that topic, and I barely missed it by the time I got home from work. So I'm atleast hoping this works, the Walmart armor looks pretty nice to me

I bought copies at Best Buy and Walmart. Walmart so I can get it at midnight, Best Buy to sell it yet still get the $20 GC and preorder bonuses.

If any CAGs are looking for a teammate in Halo, feel free to add me. Gamertag is Dund3r. I have a mic and I play to win!

Has anyones Microsoft Store order shipped yet? I took the free-shipping thinking maybe I'll get release date but I'm having my doubts now.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just brought one of those pre-order cards at Walmart since I had a GC laying around. I assume even if you dont pick up the game, you still get the code for the Web Armor through email?

If so, I'll buy the game at Gamestop or Best Buy, otherwise I guess I'll just get it at Walmart. Paying 5$ for the code myself seems much more efficient than trying to get one for much more after release day.[/QUOTE]

BBY also have those pre-order cards

Figure I'll throw it out here since we're on the topic anyway, if anyone's interested in trading any other preorder skins or DLC stuff for the Walmart skin PM me!

Really leaning towards Newegg. $44.99 is a great price and I'm not a big user of MS points, so it seems a little silly to spend $60 for base game +$25 on MS points after coupon when I can just get the game for $45.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Really leaning towards Newegg. $44.99 is a great price and I'm not a big user of MS points, so it seems a little silly to spend $60 for base game +$25 on MS points after coupon when I can just get the game for $45.[/QUOTE]

Just go with Newegg. You might have to wait an extra day or two, but when you finally get the game, you'll think "man, I got this cheaper than most people and saved almost $20" and you'll get all tingly.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Really leaning towards Newegg. $44.99 is a great price and I'm not a big user of MS points, so it seems a little silly to spend $60 for base game +$25 on MS points after coupon when I can just get the game for $45.[/QUOTE]

$45? I'm only seeing $47.99 from newegg. unless you preordered it months ago when they had it at that price.

[quote name='AgentW']$45? I'm only seeing $47.99 from newegg. unless you preordered it months ago when they had it at that price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got it last month when they had the $44.99 deal. I've got probably close to 4000 MSP from Bing anyway so more than enough to cover the few bits of DLC I'm interested in.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah I got it last month when they had the $44.99 deal. I've got probably close to 4000 MSP from Bing anyway so more than enough to cover the few bits of DLC I'm interested in.[/QUOTE]

How long did it take you to get that many points on bing?

[quote name='megma42']According to the email I received after I registered my code, yes. Said that it would be emailed on release day.

The card will work just like a regular Wal-Mart gift card.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, Thanks so much!

bread's done
Back