Halo 4 Pre-order Bonuses & Deals - Releases 11/6/12

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]28701[/IMG-R]Halo 4 is out next week to great reviews. Check out our listing of Halo 4 pre-order bonuses and deals.[/preview]
Release Date 11/6/12

Pre-order bonus information from Halo Waypoint forums & Halopedia
All retailers include free shipping.

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag and Beat Halo 4 on Normal, Get $35 & More

iconamazon.gif
Amazon $59.00
$10 Amazon Instant Video Credit
Skin: Web Armor: CIO
Emblem: Spartan
Emblem: Bulletproof

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy $59.99
$20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
Skin: Raptor Armor: Venator
Skin: Dead Eye helmet skin
Poster: Master Chief Poster

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop $59.99
Skin: Forest Armor: HAZOP
Skin: Arctic Weapon: Battle Rifle

:360: Microsoft Store $59.99
$25 off next Microsoft Store purchase
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

:360: Microsoft Store (B&M) $54.99
$25 Gift Card for the Microsoft Store
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart $59.99 Limited Edition $99.96
$4.99 Vudu credit
Skin: Oceanic Armor (Circuit)

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 [requires coupon code EMCJJNH48 - EXPIRES 11/4]
No Bonuses

FRYS $49.99 [no free shipping, $2.99 for economy]
No Bonuses

Last edited by a moderator:
For the king of the hill game if you move around too quick too far, it disables your account however you can still earn points from prior captures. I took 8 places this morning and by the time I go to work today I had my locus helm.

[quote name='GamerDude316']my Newegg and MS Store copies have shipped, gonna dump one to BB I think since my buyer fell through.[/QUOTE]

When did you place your MS Store order and what shipping method did you select?

My newegg order shipped. I used the $12 pre order promo. I also used the $10 pre-order promo on DBZ Budokai HD. Both shipped today but for some reason, they shipped separately.

[quote name='Theenternal']For the king of the hill game if you move around too quick too far, it disables your account however you can still earn points from prior captures. I took 8 places this morning and by the time I go to work today I had my locus helm.[/QUOTE]
yea iI was level 9 with 10 hills last night and this afternoon got the Locus helmet

Wow. Microsoft Store canceled my order. No reason given. What the fuck.

I'm thinking Best Buy now, but I am not part of "Gamers Club Unlocked." If I pre-order online tonight, can I get the "Unlocked" credits tomorrow if maybe I sign up on the same receipt or just before getting Halo 4?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dennisb407']What are the odds the preorder armors will be DLC later on down the road?[/QUOTE]

It is confirmed that it will be DLC in the future.

pretty upset that amazon is draggin their feet on this. Pretty sure I won't be pre-ordering there much more ever.

[quote name='wune']Wow. Microsoft Store canceled my order. No reason given. What the fuck.

I'm thinking Best Buy now, but I am not part of "Gamers Club Unlocked." If I pre-order online tonight, can I get the "Unlocked" credits tomorrow if maybe I sign up on the same receipt or just before getting Halo 4?[/QUOTE]

The $20 reward certificates take 30 days after pickup or shipping I believe (I know its ridic but its best option assuming u are 'Unlocked' except maybe TRU).

[quote name='garrett9418']It is confirmed that it will be DLC in the future.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? I didn't know that.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='IamPro']The $20 reward certificates take 30 days after pickup or shipping I believe (I know its ridic but its best option assuming u are 'Unlocked' except maybe TRU).[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm not all that concerned about when I get the credits. I just want to know that I will get them, since I am signing up for "Unlocked" as I pick up the game (preordered before I am part of "Unlocked"). ??

seriously my Amazon copy is still "shipping soon" from sometime around in the afternoon, really hope it gets here tomorrow. Either way I'm heading over to Best Buy to see if they have any extras so I can play it tonight

[quote name='wune']Oh I'm not all that concerned about when I get the credits. I just want to know that I will get them, since I am signing up for "Unlocked" as I pick up the game (preordered before I am part of "Unlocked"). ??[/QUOTE]

I think you had to be an "unlocked" member when you pre-ordered

Unfortunately, Halo 4 now says OOS on Microsoft Store's site. I was just moments away from preordering with them to get the gift certificate. Oh well.

This was just posted on the Best Buy forums so I thought I would pass it along here:

Hello Halo 4 fans,

We have received some last minute updates regarding the Halo 4 release taking place at midnight tonight/tomorrow.

Due to weather-related shipping issues, some of our stores may not receive the stock to fulfill Halo 4 preorders on time. Affected stores are attempting to obtain Halo 4 Standard Edition stock from other stores in their area however, the Limited Editions, being in short supply already, are more likely to remain unavailable until a later date.

Stores hosting midnight openings that won't be receiving their Limited Edition stock should be contacting their customers who preordered it to advise them of the delay.

In the event that a store is unable to fulfill your Limited Edition preorder right away, they have also been instructed on how to address your inconvenience. They will be able to provide additional details in that regard.

The following is a list of affected stores that are also hosting midnight openings tonight:

Store # Location
200 COMMACK NY
898 S PHILADELPHIA PA
381 WEST HARTFORD CT
448 PLYMOUTH MEETING PA
456 WOODBRIDGE NJ
458 S SETAUKET NY
468 W PATERSON NJ
474 SECAUCUS NJ
475 BRICK NJ
478 LONG ISLAND CITY NY
442 BAY SHORE NY
467 LEVITTOWN NY
1506 VAUXHALL NJ
1400 GREECE NY
598 EAST BRUNSWICK NJ
824 PATCHOGUE NY
418 HOLYOKE MA
1029 CORTLANDT NY
1154 SOUTH BRUNSWICK NJ
469 STATEN ISLAND
483 REGO PARK NY
599 BROOKLYN NY
1531 UNION SQUARE NY
461 MIDDLETOWN NY
1535 JERSEY CITY NJ

[quote name='Trojann']Anyone here who works at Best Buy know if they will giving out stuff for the first people in line like shirts, posters, or hats?[/QUOTE]

Dude at my bestbuy told me the first guy in line will get a Halo 4 controller and a few other freebies for the first few people there. I'm sure it depends on the store though. You might as well just call your store.

[quote name='jer7583']pretty upset that amazon is draggin their feet on this. Pretty sure I won't be pre-ordering there much more ever.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is now horrendous with Pre-Orders imho. They gave me some B.S. 'Because you chose FSSS, we ship it when it is convenient for us.' line. Yeah - ok. But if I ordered something else that day it would be shipped out right away regardless of FSSS status or not.

After Metal Gear: Revengeance LE comes in, I am never going to pre-order there again unless they have some uber exclusive deal. Amazon will be on my shit list from now on.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Amazon is now horrendous with Pre-Orders imho. They gave me some B.S. 'Because you chose FSSS, we ship it when it is convenient for us.' line. Yeah - ok. But if I ordered something else that day it would be shipped out right away regardless of FSSS status or not.

After Metal Gear: Revengeance LE comes in, I am never going to pre-order there again unless they have some uber exclusive deal. Amazon will be on my shit list from now on.[/QUOTE]
I realized how terrible Amazon has become once my Prime expired. They would sit on orders for 2-3 days before shipping them out to me. It's like they were punishing me for not paying them $79/year anymore.

[quote name='Evolved']They say 30 days but you should get it quicker than that. And you can print it out or you can use the bby app on your phone.[/QUOTE]

Reward points do take 30-35 days UNLESS you are a Premier Silver member. Then it is 2 weeks. You need to be Premier Silver while you made the purchase to be in effect.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']My Amazon order hasn't shipped yet either..[/QUOTE]

If it's prime it probably won't arrive until thursday. I'm prime and had to upgrade to 1-day to get it on a release day.

[quote name='Komentra']If it's prime it probably won't arrive until thursday. I'm prime and had to upgrade to 1-day to get it on a release day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's dumb considering I ordered like last week.
Thought the whole point of preordering was that they have release day delivery. :roll:

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Yeah, that's dumb considering I ordered like last week.
Thought the whole point of preordering was that they have release day delivery. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I thought too but once I saw it said thursday the other night I changed to faster shipping. I'd be pissed if it wasn't for the fact I had $20 in Amazon credit.

If it says shipping soon, it is more than likely on the way. Their email system gets backed up during big game releases. The 1 day shipping was only added for people that pre ordered on Monday or Sunday. Prime 2 day shipping is release date shipping now.

Just got back from my best buy. They had about 8 unclaimed consoles and maybe 10 or so unclaimed limited editions.

The swag given out was your choice of one of the following:

Halo Dog Tag, Halo inflatable helmet (2 colors available), Halo T-Shirt, and one other halo item (not sure what it was)

[quote name='KanYozakura']So my cashier messed up at BB and had to void out the first transaction...ended up with two sets of preorder DLC in my inbox. AWRIGHT[/QUOTE]

Lucky. Atleast all went well at Walmart for me, in and out fast, and not a single cent spent :D

GameStop is having issues with preorder content. I didn't get a single code and the staff didn't know what to do. I was told to come back during normal business hours...

Urge to kill rising.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lucky. Atleast all went well at Walmart for me, in and out fast, and not a single cent spent :D[/QUOTE]

Well we'll see if it messes up my $20 GCU bonus...

[quote name='Blumpkin']GameStop is having issues with preorder content. I didn't get a single code and the staff didn't know what to do. I was told to come back during normal business hours...

Urge to kill rising.[/QUOTE]

it was the same here, im gonna be in the area tomorrow anyways so its no big deal but i still sucks

Gamestop here had no Schwag no festivities no nothin. I got a crappy Gamestop wristband and a temp tattoo of the Halo 4 4 symbol. I woulda loved the inflatable helmet and dog tag from BB those sound freakin sweet

I picked up my Halo 4 LE Console and will be hooking it up tomorrow. I'm not a huge Halo fan and I haven't been following much of the pre release stuff but I had a few questions.

Are the two controllers the same as the ones you can buy at Best Buy or are they exclusive to the console?

Also is the limited edition console DLC inside the game case? I haven't opened my game yet but I quickly checked elsewhere inside the box and didn't see anything...

I'm currently scanning youtube videos but most are from the UK

[quote name='Blumpkin']GameStop is having issues with preorder content. I didn't get a single code and the staff didn't know what to do. I was told to come back during normal business hours...

Urge to kill rising.[/QUOTE]

Same here. No pre-order or powerup rewards emblem codes.

couldn't help my self. picked up the limited edition of halo 4 at best buy. seems like everyone there was upgrading to limited. btw it is not very limited

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']couldn't help my self. picked up the limited edition of halo 4 at best buy. seems like everyone there was upgrading to limited. btw it is not very limited[/QUOTE]

I agree this won't have a small print number but I would say it is more limited then most AAA titles. Expect your big retailers (Walmart and Best Buy; perhaps Gamestop) to have a dozen or so extra per store and Target to have a few.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']couldn't help my self. picked up the limited edition of halo 4 at best buy. seems like everyone there was upgrading to limited. btw it is not very limited[/QUOTE]

Obviously it wouldn't be. It is a Microsoft LE, they mass produce these things like crazy. No real value in it anyway, just buy the season pass or whatever for it to get the maps. Would still be cheaper.

[quote name='chuckywang']Looks like Frys went up to 59.96...[/QUOTE]

Did you go all the way to checkout? When I looked at the deal earlier you had to go to the final screen before it showed the discount

[quote name='GBAstar']Did you go all the way to checkout? When I looked at the deal earlier you had to go to the final screen before it showed the discount[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did but I'm on my phone so I would like some confirmation.

[quote name='chuckywang']Yeah I did but I'm on my phone so I would like some confirmation.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm it is showing $59.xx in both Chrome and IE

Looks like maybe it was just a preorder promotion from them

[quote name='GBAstar']I picked up my Halo 4 LE Console and will be hooking it up tomorrow. I'm not a huge Halo fan and I haven't been following much of the pre release stuff but I had a few questions.

Are the two controllers the same as the ones you can buy at Best Buy or are they exclusive to the console?

Also is the limited edition console DLC inside the game case? I haven't opened my game yet but I quickly checked elsewhere inside the box and didn't see anything...

I'm currently scanning youtube videos but most are from the UK[/QUOTE]

^ I can confirm the LE Console Content is on a voucher inside the "not labeled for resale" game case that comes with the console bundle.

All codes are on one voucher and they are exposed (i.e. no protective strip).

picked up at midnight at best buy. West Hartford CT, it was awful. I suggest to anyone getting call of duty do not go to the midnight event. They are just run so poorly and personally the experience of just picking up the game took something away from the fun of getting the game early. Last time I pre-order at best buy, amazon release day delivery.

[quote name='slickkill77']If it says shipping soon, it is more than likely on the way. Their email system gets backed up during big game releases. The 1 day shipping was only added for people that pre ordered on Monday or Sunday. Prime 2 day shipping is release date shipping now.[/QUOTE]
What is with the Amazon Defense Force?
I realize that Amazon has been "A+, number one" for you but is it so hard to believe that other people feel shafted? For example, I am a Prime member, I preordered in May, my copy is still "not yet shipped", one day shipping would only have gotten it to me on Wednesday plus I only ordered one copy for myself; not to resell. You're acting like no one else, other than you, as ever ordered from Amazon. SMDH.

bread's done
Back