Halo 4 Pre-order Bonuses & Deals - Releases 11/6/12

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]28701[/IMG-R]Halo 4 is out next week to great reviews. Check out our listing of Halo 4 pre-order bonuses and deals.[/preview]
Release Date 11/6/12

Pre-order bonus information from Halo Waypoint forums & Halopedia
All retailers include free shipping.

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag and Beat Halo 4 on Normal, Get $35 & More

iconamazon.gif
Amazon $59.00
$10 Amazon Instant Video Credit
Skin: Web Armor: CIO
Emblem: Spartan
Emblem: Bulletproof

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy $59.99
$20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
Skin: Raptor Armor: Venator
Skin: Dead Eye helmet skin
Poster: Master Chief Poster

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop $59.99
Skin: Forest Armor: HAZOP
Skin: Arctic Weapon: Battle Rifle

:360: Microsoft Store $59.99
$25 off next Microsoft Store purchase
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

:360: Microsoft Store (B&M) $54.99
$25 Gift Card for the Microsoft Store
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart $59.99 Limited Edition $99.96
$4.99 Vudu credit
Skin: Oceanic Armor (Circuit)

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 [requires coupon code EMCJJNH48 - EXPIRES 11/4]
No Bonuses

FRYS $49.99 [no free shipping, $2.99 for economy]
No Bonuses

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Well, I sold my Best Buy and Walmart preorder bonuses on eBay for $29. Loving the game so far, too.[/QUOTE]

I bought the console and the controller is going for $50-60 and the codes are going for $40 plus. Between those, the gift card and the certs and gift cards I had, I'll end up paying less than $200. That's not counting the gamestop hardware bonus trade in I'll get for my 4 year old 360. So glad I bit the bullet. I love the new console.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I bought the console and the controller is going for $50-60 and the codes are going for $40 plus. Between those, the gift card and the certs and gift cards I had, I'll end up paying less than $200. That's not counting the gamestop hardware bonus trade in I'll get for my 4 year old 360. So glad I bit the bullet. I love the new console.[/QUOTE] I thought about doing that a few weeks ago when I was looking to purchase a Xbox360. I wasn't patient and went ahead and bought a regular one. I can't believe the codes are going for that much. Congrats on the great deal!

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I thought about doing that a few weeks ago when I was looking to purchase a Xbox360. I wasn't patient and went ahead and bought a regular one. I can't believe the codes are going for that much. Congrats on the great deal![/QUOTE]

At first I was mad at myself for not pre-ordering it too to get the extra code and $20 cert (pay 15 to join unlocked), but it's still working out better than I expected.

Well amazon is saying they cant find anything about the emblems at all and want me to show them an email or website with that info. They gave a 20 dollar credit though. Still want those codes.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Has anyone received their pre-order bonuses from their online Microsoft Store order? My game arrived today, but there wasn't any sort of bonus inside.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for mine too...

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Well amazon is saying they cant find anything about the emblems at all and want me to show them an email or website with that info. They gave a 20 dollar credit though. Still want those codes.[/QUOTE]

When did you preorder? Because I preordered from Amazon about a week before launch and when I preordered they didn't mention any emblems at all on the product page. Just $10 Video Credit & Web Armor Skin.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Well amazon is saying they cant find anything about the emblems at all and want me to show them an email or website with that info. They gave a 20 dollar credit though. Still want those codes.[/QUOTE]

they gave you $20 credit for not giving u the emblems?

For everybody waiting on the MS pre-order bonus I just got an e-mail from them indicating we should be getting them throughout the day tomorrow. They said they will be generating the codes then. It's silly but it is what it is.

@

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']they gave you $20 credit for not giving u the emblems?[/QUOTE]

Ya cause I am a valued customer, lol. Now they are saying they never had the offer on amazon. Not sure what I do now

[quote name='alexandertyler']For everybody waiting on the MS pre-order bonus I just got an e-mail from them indicating we should be getting them throughout the day tomorrow. They said they will be generating the codes then. It's silly but it is what it is.

@[/QUOTE] Same here...They gave me the $25 off coupon by phone though. MS Store is acting weird. Here's to hoping I get two of them

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Ya cause I am a valued customer, lol. Now they are saying they never had the offer on amazon. Not sure what I do now[/QUOTE]

Take the $20 and go on? I'm sure someone on here would give you their GS emblems for the $20 credit. lol

[quote name='alexandertyler']For everybody waiting on the MS pre-order bonus I just got an e-mail from them indicating we should be getting them throughout the day tomorrow. They said they will be generating the codes then. It's silly but it is what it is.

@[/QUOTE]

thanks for this update!

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Ya cause I am a valued customer, lol. Now they are saying they never had the offer on amazon. Not sure what I do now[/QUOTE]

I don't know about your emblems.....I was missing my Web Skin from Amazon, I got into a chat with a CSR and within 5 minutes I had a skin code. I don't remember seeing any emblems mentioned, just the skin and the $10 video credit.

Still haven't got my BB code, I called them and they transferred me to the back end and they told me 48-72 more hours. BS

[quote name='zizo79']Damn MS Store is dropping the ball here..booo[/QUOTE]

check your email, my codes came in this afternoon.

Really cant go wrong here. Selling the game to a buddy for $50 (got a $45 copy from Newegg for myself) and the Pulse Armor for 1600 MSP. Ended up paying $9.99 out of pocket for a $25 coupon AND a 1600 MSP card!

So, Amazon, after taking two days to send me an e-mail, after being completely useless in live chat, gave me promo credit for $20 off Roxio Game Capture or Game Capture Pro and has made no mention of any emblems. This is rather useless to me as I have no interest in either of those products.

In any case I really don't care anymore. It's not worth putting any more time or effort into getting a couple exclusive Spartan armor tattoos. Best of luck to anyone who pursues the issue further.

I picked up mine today at BB and all the dlc an the extra 800 MSP were all on the receipt. They screwed up the 12 month xbl and halo 4 package but after 3 tries they got it. They let me have the cardboard Halo 4 countdown clock thing haha

[quote name='GamerDude316']check your email, my codes came in this afternoon.

Really cant go wrong here. Selling the game to a buddy for $50 (got a $45 copy from Newegg for myself) and the Pulse Armor for 1600 MSP. Ended up paying $9.99 out of pocket for a $25 coupon AND a 1600 MSP card![/QUOTE]

nothing so far...

[quote name='GamerDude316']Really cant go wrong here. Selling the game to a buddy for $50 (got a $45 copy from Newegg for myself) and the Pulse Armor for 1600 MSP. Ended up paying $9.99 out of pocket for a $25 coupon AND a 1600 MSP card![/QUOTE]

Not bad but I'll do you one better. I pre-ordered Halo 4 from Best Buy for $65 including tax. Sold both pre-order bonuses separately for $37 total. Will get the $20 cert in a month or so. Then, sold the game today sealed for $60. I made $117 total. Even after the ebay, paypal and shipping fees, I'll still get at least a $35 profit.

I pre-ordered the hardened edition of Black Ops 2 for $88 including tax and from the looks of it on ebay, can get anywhere from $100-$150 plus I'll also get the $20 cert from Best Buy.

After that is Far Cry 3 which I already pre-ordered at Best Buy. I'll sell the pre-order DLC but I'll try out the game despite the fact that I hate FPS but the game looks great and I want to see if I can get into it. Worse case scenario is that I'll break even.

Overall though including selling off DLC codes, I can actually make a solid profit. Never realized how much those DLC codes are worth on ebay. Cant believe that people actually pay so much for a damn DLC code. Oh well, better for me.

Paid about 45 for Halo 4 from Amazon (had some giftcards). Got some Locus Helmets from promotions, sold one for $50, sold the other for $23, and traded the third one for forest skin & deadeye helm.

Also sold the bulletproof emblem for $10 and a 2nd one for $5. This game's preorder bonuses has paid the game off, lol.

I currently have one more Bulletproof emblem and should soon have another Locus helm if anyone is interested in purchasing or trading.

[quote name='dan77733']Not bad but I'll do you one better. I pre-ordered Halo 4 from Best Buy for $65 including tax. Sold both pre-order bonuses separately for $37 total. Will get the $20 cert in a month or so. Then, sold the game today sealed for $60. I made $117 total. Even after the ebay, paypal and shipping fees, I'll still get at least a $35 profit.

I pre-ordered the hardened edition of Black Ops 2 for $88 including tax and from the looks of it on ebay, can get anywhere from $100-$150 plus I'll also get the $20 cert from Best Buy.

After that is Far Cry 3 which I already pre-ordered at Best Buy. I'll sell the pre-order DLC but I'll try out the game despite the fact that I hate FPS but the game looks great and I want to see if I can get into it. Worse case scenario is that I'll break even.

Overall though including selling off DLC codes, I can actually make a solid profit. Never realized how much those DLC codes are worth on ebay. Cant believe that people actually pay so much for a damn DLC code. Oh well, better for me.[/QUOTE]

Yep, DLC codes sell so do online passes. I have over 500+ feedback and I'd say about 85% of it is from selling online passes & dic codes.

It looks like eBay is closing down listings that are just selling DLCs...I'm worried about the codes I've sold already. I don't know if they are gonna put a hold on the funds or anything...

Just sold my BBY codes for $26. I feel kind of bad because it was a guy stationed overseas but he seemed stoked about getting them. I have the GS codes from a different purchase and I am hoping to get $35 for all 7. I could care less about cosmetic stuff like this.

[quote name='starwa1ker']It looks like eBay is closing down listings that are just selling DLCs...I'm worried about the codes I've sold already. I don't know if they are gonna put a hold on the funds or anything...[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of them so I would not worry. The real way you will get caught is if someone complains. I have sold about 50 codes the last 2 months and never had one auction shut down. People are looking for honest deals so as long as you don't send them a bad code you should be good.

[quote name='starwa1ker']It looks like eBay is closing down listings that are just selling DLCs...I'm worried about the codes I've sold already. I don't know if they are gonna put a hold on the funds or anything...[/QUOTE]

ebay closed my listings twice but i think it might be other "competitors/ sellers" who are doing the reporting to ebay, not ebay actively searching them out..

[quote name='Komentra']Got banned for 7 days from selling on eBay for listing codes. Just a warning for you guys.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it can happen. I have gotten rid of most of mine now so it won't hurt so bad if they do. :D

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah it can happen. I have gotten rid of most of mine now so it won't hurt so bad if they do. :D[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I got like 5+ locus helmet codes and 10+ bulletproof emblem codes. I could pick up some extra spending cash if they didn't ban me. :(

[quote name='Komentra']Ugh, I got like 5+ locus helmet codes and 10+ bulletproof emblem codes. I could pick up some extra spending cash if they didn't ban me. :([/QUOTE]

How the hell did you get all those codes anyway? Did you actually preorder the game multiple times?

I got the Oceanic armor from walmart's 35 cent offer a few weeks ago. I only grabbed one, but I guess I could have grabbed multiple copies if I had been smart enough to do so. So it's easy to understand how people who have multiple Oceanic armor codes got their codes. But I'm not aware of any other slip-up like walmart did when they offered the preorder bonus for purchase.

[quote name='Komentra']Got banned for 7 days from selling on eBay for listing codes. Just a warning for you guys.[/QUOTE]

how many warnings/ violations did you get before being banned?

How are you guys getting banned? It's been my belief that according to eBay policies, you can list DLC as long as you state that you're going to send them the piece of paper with the code on it. It's only the "email only" auctions that get shut down, right?

[quote name='ithebigc']How are you guys getting banned? It's been my belief that according to eBay policies, you can list DLC as long as you state that you're going to send them the piece of paper with the code on it. It's only the "email only" auctions that get shut down, right?[/QUOTE]

Here's what I was sent:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Your listing has been removed.

Please be advised that in line with copyright infringement laws, we do not allow the selling of or service to acquire online virtual gaming items on the site. This includes the sale of the game accounts, game characters, game currency, game points, in-game items, power leveling services and other similar game items. This also extends to itunes and other similar accounts.

Likewise, offer of vitual items as a bonus is also not permitted.

We understand that you may not have been completely aware of this guideline. This is a precaution we take in order to keep the safety and security of our site and all members.
[/FONT]
and here is another one:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]We don't let sellers list virtual products such as online game characters, accounts, currency, codes that can be redeemed for in-game items, or related software. This helps protect the people who originally created the products and own the rights to reproduce and sell them.[/FONT]

and another one:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Your listing has been removed.

You must ship the original item the code is printed on. Any other method of delivering the code is not allowed, even if the original item is sent.

If there is no original physical item from the manufacturer, it cannot be sold on eBay.

We don't let sellers list virtual products such as online game characters, accounts, currency, codes that can be redeemed for in-game items, or related software. This helps protect the people who originally created the products and own the rights to reproduce and sell them.

the last violation i didnt deserve because my listing does not include any mention of emailing the codes..
[/FONT]

[quote name='ithebigc']How are you guys getting banned? It's been my belief that according to eBay policies, you can list DLC as long as you state that you're going to send them the piece of paper with the code on it. It's only the "email only" auctions that get shut down, right?[/QUOTE]

Digital items are prohibited on eBay. However, you can sell a piece of paper with a code on it.

I got burned back when Halo Reach came out. I decided to sell the flaming helmet code which went for about $50 at the time. The buyer paid for it, I sent the code, then they turned around and disputed the transaction with eBay and PayPal. I lost the code and the buyer got it for free.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Digital items are prohibited on eBay. However, you can sell a piece of paper with a code on it.

I got burned back when Halo Reach came out. I decided to sell the flaming helmet code which went for about $50 at the time. The buyer paid for it, I sent the code, then they turned around and disputed the transaction with eBay and PayPal. I lost the code and the buyer got it for free.[/QUOTE]

I have been really lucky with my buyers.. i have sold over 300 dlcs on ebay and never had an issue so far.. I am kinda expecting it for this run though because I think Halo has a lot of immature players..

So... if you just write the code on a piece of paper and send it off in a envelope eBay can't do anything, right? Especially if you put tracking on it.

[quote name='mitemouse'][FONT=Arial, Verdana]We don't let sellers list virtual products such as online game characters, accounts, currency, codes that can be redeemed for in-game items, or related software. This helps protect the people who originally created the products and own the rights to reproduce and sell them.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

First, its such bullcrap. There's literally hundreds of codes for Halo 4 alone and thousands overall if you look for them. Ebay just likes picking on people for no apparent reason.

Second, I love that quote from ebay. Protect the people? Hmmm, what people? This is even bigger bullcrap. I purchased the game and since I own the rights to that actual copy and what comes with it since possession is 9/10ths the law, I can do whatever the hell I want with the code. Its not my fault if people are willing to pay for DLC items.

And quite honestly, these companies make a killing off of DLC and if I have the actual product, why cant I do the same?

After this gen, im done with gaming because once this industry goes all digital, every consumer will be 100% screwed and NOT in a good way.

[quote name='dan77733']Not bad but I'll do you one better. I pre-ordered Halo 4 from Best Buy for $65 including tax. Sold both pre-order bonuses separately for $37 total. Will get the $20 cert in a month or so. Then, sold the game today sealed for $60. I made $117 total. Even after the ebay, paypal and shipping fees, I'll still get at least a $35 profit.

Overall though including selling off DLC codes, I can actually make a solid profit. Never realized how much those DLC codes are worth on ebay. Cant believe that people actually pay so much for a damn DLC code. Oh well, better for me.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty great. Its amazing to me how much people will pay for the DLC codes here...its just armor skins people! I did pay 100 MSP for the Oceanic Armor skin but I still cant believe some of the prices for these. FOTUS armor has been selling for over $100 on eBay. $100 for VIRTUAL CLOTHES?!?!? Insanity...

eBay is in it to make money so they really dont go after people on their own -- they only do it when someone reports the auction to them which is when they have to manually review the auction

it's funny how sellers don't understand supply vs. demand. Some codes are getting unloaded for the Walmart Ocean DLC at $8 a pop. lol. i have patience and sold mine for the original listed price i put it up at the day i redeemed the code - i just waited a few days and didn't budge. some sellers have "seller anxiety" and need to unload their goods as if their customer is going to be the very last sale of that specific item :roll:

Still no codes at all from Amazon--they're currently claiming that they never offered the Emblems...? Of course I didn't grab a screen cap :/

bread's done
Back