Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

No update for me either.
Some guys on Halo Waypoint have had luck uninstalling the whole thing and starting over. I'd really like to avoid that, since installing it the first time was such an pain in the ass. I was one of those lucky ones who got the added mini game, where the installation kept dropping back to 32%. I finally had to take it to a friends home who has cable.

I think this will be my first and last pre-install.

Has anyone pre-ordered from Best Buy and gotten the $10 Certificate? Their online site says you get $10 when you pre-order / purchase Halo MCC AND Halo 5. Not ready to pre-order Halo 5 at this point. 

Yeah something must have gotten screwed up in the recent update. My console hasn't had any issues since I got it back in December and now since I got the newest update whenever the system boots up the fan starts spinning like crazy for a few minutes.
Yeah sorry I meant to post that in the main XBox thread. and posted it here lol.

If people haven't gotten the update, just try doing standby mode and turn it off and on a couple of times. It should have a star at the top right corner and be 59.1 gigs.

I wasn't getting the update and I turn 'instant xbox' to off and then re-started my Xbox and when it booted up again, Halo was showing at ~59 GB's.

:D/

Did you guys hear that only Halo 2: Anniversary will feature ranked matchmaking for some time? Later on, they'll add more ranked playlists.

That's disappointing--was looking forward to playing some classic Halo 2 multiplayer ranked.

Interesting breakdown of the top maps.

1.  Halo 2

2.  Halo 2

3.  Halo 2

4.  Halo 2

5.  Halo 2

6.  Halo CE

7.  Halo 2

8.  Halo CE

9.  Halo 2

10.  Halo CE

11.  Halo CE

12.  Halo 3

13.  Halo 2

14.  Halo 4

15.  Halo 2

16,  Halo 3

17.  Halo CE

18.  Halo 2

19.  Halo 2

20.  Halo 2

Yeah, I've been reading the updates each day. It's basically Halo 2 at the top, and the bottom of the list is flooded with Halo 4 maps.

I must admit that I didn't play enough of Halo 4 multiplayer to properly judge that one. I have no objections to the Halo 2 maps ranking so highly. That was pretty much my first Xbox Live game, and I made many friends through that game that I still play online with 10 years later. Several, I ended up meeting personally. So I guess I'm kind of biased toward Halo 2 regardless of game quality.

Personally feel The Pit can be a top 10 map.   Really can't complain too much on the other choices.

Ugh watching Major Nelson stream the game on Twitch is painful.

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Anyone happen to know if the ranking system is the same where you can actually drop ranks? I remember back in Halo 2 if you sucked for several rounds you could actually drop. I wish more games would do that instead of continually giving you xp.

Anyone happen to know if the ranking system is the same where you can actually drop ranks? I remember back in Halo 2 if you sucked for several rounds you could actually drop. I wish more games would do that instead of continually giving you xp.
Yes, that's how it is. Halo 2 ranking system.

However, only Halo 2: Anniversary will feature ranked playlists. The rest are unranked/social. They'll implement more ranked playlists post-launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who may have seen the Halo 5 clips, any comments? 

Took lazy to post the links right now, but what was shown looks promising.

Yes, that's how it is. Halo 2 ranking system.

However, only Halo 2: Anniversary will feature ranked playlists. The rest are unranked/social. They'll implement more ranked playlists post-launch.
Awww yisss. So pumped for this. Although, after playing COD AW I'm going to try and double jump all the time in Halo.

Were you watching the Broncos Raiders game? Saw that commerical too.
Yeah that was the game I was watching, the one where Oakland actually almost lead in the halftime but like usual self destructed lol.\

I was just curious what release day shipping would be on Amazon, $18.98. Ahahahaha, nah I'll wait. I can't play online so I was planning on waiting on this one anyway (I've already played all the Halos, hell I have the Halo 3 Spartan Helmet on my shelf). Would like to go through Halo 2 Anv. style again though.

On Live I'm agentSPECIAL325

Wouldn't mind some more people to play with, will be getting it sometime this week.

What was wrong with Halo 4's story? I frankly thought it was one of the strongest, if not the strongest in the series.
Idk either. The story was pretty damn good. Its just shinobi and the neogaf cult nitpicking. It really gets on my nerves how some of these people act like armchair qb know it alls. They need to get a life.

For those who digitally downloaded, the UK people had to RE-DOWNLOAD the entire game after launch.

Make sure your thing under games doesn't say 'install' when the time rolls around. If so, quit 'games' and if that doesn't work, reboot your Xbox.

For those who digitally downloaded, the UK people had to RE-DOWNLOAD the entire game after launch.

Make sure your thing under games doesn't say 'install' when the time rolls around. If so, quit 'games' and if that doesn't work, reboot your Xbox.
Man I downloaded it again cause I know the 15 GB update didn't download even though it showed 59.1 GB. So if it doesn't work, it will be the only time I ever pre-order digitally.

Idk either. The story was pretty damn good. Its just shinobi and the neogaf cult nitpicking. It really gets on my nerves how some of these people act like armchair qb know it alls. They need to get a life.
No sorry but Halo 4 story was pretty bad for me. So was all the freaking Promethean enemies. The only fun part was when you get to fight the Covenant.

I've enjoyed the story for every Halo game, yes even Halo Wars, and I don't understand the constant ohh you have to read the books/find all the terminals to understand what's going on. Well pay attention and you should get it, it's good smart Sci-fi.

I've enjoyed the story for every Halo game, yes even Halo Wars, and I don't understand the constant ohh you have to read the books/find all the terminals to understand what's going on. Well pay attention and you should get it, it's good smart Sci-fi.
Pretty much this.

Damn Halo 5 looks nice. Cant wait till the beta.

I enjoyed every Halo games that I played too, except Halo 4. Halo 4 has really nice graphics but everything else was pretty bad, especially the story. The Didact, librarian, Prometheans, and the Spartans IV were lame. Where the hell did these Spartans came from? Wasn't Master Chief suppose to be the last Spartan? Elites are fighting with the Covenant now, after what the Prophets did to them? What the hell is the composer? Sorry but Halo 4 story basically ruined the lore that Bungie created for the franchise.

Now that dude that wrote that story is doing ME4! God we are screwed, but Halo 5 story might be good now. :whistle2:k

Been playing for a week. Took a few days to finish the Halo 1 campaign, and working on 2. Getting into multiplayer has been a pain, and I was hoping that now that its out more people would be playing... but I guess everyone is still patching. -_-'

Anyone watch Nightfall yet? Thoughts? I felt the first ep was rather... weak. But the previews for the next one(s) look more interesting.

Went to the midnight launch at the local Microsoft store to pick up my copy at their launch part and won a xb1 with Kinect. Now I can have an xb1 on every floor in the house.

bread's done
Back