Halo Reach, Fable III, $29 each; 12 Mo. XBL - $44.96 at Walmart - Starts Saturday

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I received an email from Walmart that stated the 12 month card would be $29. This price has not gone live.
All offers end 2/26, except the console deal, which ends 3/5. It's definitely going to be online, don't know about in-store.

:360: Xbox 360 Elite with bonus wireless Controller and Forza/Alan Wake $299
:360: Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Card $44.96
:360: Halo Reach $29
:360: Fable III $29

edit: until Cheapy hears back from Walmart concerning the 12 XBL cards, we have to go on the assumption that they sent him erroneous information and that they are 44.96

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emeraldgsl']1. Sign in to your Walmart Gamers Account.
2. At checkout apply code 12LIVESALE or
3.print out the webpage and take it to your store. you have to present your walmart gamers club card though.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who the man was before, but it's you now.

[quote name='bigredvan14']I don't know who the man was before, but it's you now.[/QUOTE]

What is the Wal-Mart Gamer's Club? I did a Google search and found nothing.

Thanks.

What's a Walmart Gamer Account & is that where there's a place to enter the code? Doing it normal, I couldn't find where to enter a code & did the above instructions work?

Maybe it's supposed to be at Midnight in the Hawaiian TimeZone?! LoL No, but seriously it's Friday night, God forbid we all stay up a little late to try to catch an amazing deal.

[quote name='Lonsta']What is the Wal-Mart Gamer's Club? I did a Google search and found nothing.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HelenaNY']What's a Walmart Gamer Account & is that where there's a place to enter the code? Doing it normal, I couldn't find where to enter a code & did the above instructions work?[/QUOTE]

It was a joke :lol: I didn't think he was going to get some people to respond but I was wrong :lol:

Wal-Mart Gamer's club does not exist :)

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']Maybe it's supposed to be at Midnight in the Hawaiian TimeZone?! LoL No, but seriously it's Friday night, God forbid we all stay up a little late to try to catch an amazing deal.[/QUOTE]

It may be Friday night but some of us still have work in the morning. That being said I'll stay up at least another hour before I give up-It's just past 1am here and I don't have work until 10:15am.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It may be Friday night but some of us still have work in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Granted. I just think it's funny that no one ever complains about Triple-A titles having midnight releases. I used to work 12hr days M-F on only 4-5hrs sleep/night and I managed.

P.S. Beware the other drowsy FedEx drivers out there. haha

i just would like to sleep.....no pressing things for tomorrow, but my body doesn't like to sleep into the afternoon. I might be a bit more upset if I miss out on the ability to buy a few cheap cards though....hmmm....guess 4am it is! hope it will be up when I awake later as i'm not too confident about 4..

:rofl: (ROLLBACK BiTCH!) :rofl:

Well, Halo: Reach & Fable 3 are coming up at $29.96. So I guess that's good news for someone out there who's been holding out for the $30 pricepoint.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']shaq fu this[/QUOTE]
Cap'n Picard's *squint* says it all.

Assuming Cheapy is right about these deals, I'm wondering if the $29 Gold sub deal is in-store only. I hope it is, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he or wherever/whoever he heard it from was wrong.

Deal is live, but the gold cards are 44.96.
does 12LIVESALE CODE work ? I can't find a place at check out to enter the code.
Where is it located ?

[quote name='zaazoo']Deal is live, but the gold cards are 44.96.
does 12LIVESALE CODE work ? I can't find a place at check out to enter the code.
Where is it located ?[/QUOTE]
I think the guy who posted that code was being sarcastic/joking around.

it was a pretty funny joke though lol! On that not I'm going to head to be and see if Cheapy was right in the morning. Night fellow CAGers

so will Halo Reach price be the same in store as online 29.99 ?
it says on walmart.com sold in stores, but does it mean its the same price ?

I could care less before but now I'd really like to know where this info came from. I just find it weird how the Live deal was the only one that wasn't spot on. Could it be that walmart changed their mind... o_O

I dont know, maybe the person who posted this know inside ppl at walmart.
do u know if it will be the same price at the store ?

I read this about an hour ago and decided to go to walmart since i needed some food anyways. No go on 29.99 for the 12 months of live even had the guy scan it to check if it was coming up in store. I'm in central time and had them scan it around 3:30 am.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I read this about an hour ago and decided to go to walmart since i needed some food anyways. No go on 29.99 for the 12 months of live even had the guy scan it to check if it was coming up in store. I'm in central time and had them scan it around 3:30 am.[/QUOTE]
That blows. I'm still gonna keep an eye on this thread, though since the price might change whenever most/all the non-24 hour stores open in their respected time zones (like 6 or 8 AM), but my feeling is that the online deal is the deal. I actually might be a little happier if the deal isn't happening since I'm trying to save money.

This sucks because $30 is the most I am willing to spend on Live. It still annoys me that they had the nerve to raise the price while offering nothing to substantiate it.

bread's done
Back