Halo: Reach

[quote name='whiptcracker']mine's doing something awesome. It's making it's employees come to wok at midnight just so i can pick up a video game.[/quote]

rofl!

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']idk if they are resettings the achievements....but they are going to reset online stats on 9/14[/QUOTE]

Don't think Bungie can reset achievements, thats on MS's end I believe. But yes they are resetting the stats on Tuesday.

I have a question about forge world. I didn't notice any in air areas, you know, so if you fall you die, like the sky in sandbox in halo 3. Is there one? Cause if not, that means no Boarding Action remake :(

[quote name='matto1233']I have a question about forge world. I didn't notice any in air areas, you know, so if you fall you die, like the sky in sandbox in halo 3. Is there one? Cause if not, that means no Boarding Action remake :([/QUOTE]

You can make stuff float, though.

Man I am so amped up for Reach. Played the Halo 3 campaign on Legendary today. Almost got all of the achievements on my new permanent accout. :D

Just a few more for the 1750/1750 :)

On a side note. I will have it in my hands tomorrow morning. :D

[quote name='matto1233']I have a question about forge world. I didn't notice any in air areas, you know, so if you fall you die, like the sky in sandbox in halo 3. Is there one? Cause if not, that means no Boarding Action remake :([/QUOTE]

I saw on one of the FW videos there were areas at the top of a maps' walls that had skull and crossbones. Looks like you can set "death points" the way it looks.

[quote name='fullhavok']just played, it fucking rocks! one question, has anyone heard about them resetting achievements after 9.14. ???? thanks in advance, also i'm jumping back in , in a little bit anyone has it already? let's hook up. thanks[/QUOTE]
Nope, achievements are safe. Credits are safe as well, Bungie's reset already happened, so whatever you earn at this point is yours to keep.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']You're an idiot. many stores do tournaments and the like for something like this.

Dumbass.[/QUOTE]

so what do you want, a cookie when you arrive? quit acting spoiled and take it for what it is. if you pre-ordered at that store that isn't doing anything then that's on you, not anyone else's fault. you could change the pre-order to another store, cancel and buy elsewhere or just wait until the next day or another time to pick up the game. I don't see why you think they owe you something or should do something for you. Gamestop doesn't pay for the food, drinks or anything other than the wages of the employees. It's usually the store manager who pays out of his/her own pocket so take that into consideration as well. Also, to the 'lolwut' tool following me, stop following me and stick to the conversation.

[quote name='intoxicated662']so what do you want, a cookie when you arrive? quit acting spoiled and take it for what it is. if you pre-ordered at that store that isn't doing anything then that's on you, not anyone else's fault. you could change the pre-order to another store, cancel and buy elsewhere or just wait until the next day or another time to pick up the game. I don't see why you think they owe you something or should do something for you. Gamestop doesn't pay for the food, drinks or anything other than the wages of the employees. It's usually the store manager who pays out of his/her own pocket so take that into consideration as well. Also, to the 'lolwut' tool following me, stop following me and stick to the conversation.[/QUOTE]

Damn dude, I really wish you weren't stuck inside you're retarded, twisted mind so you could see just how much of a douche you are. You completely mistook my first post. Have fun with the stupidity and all, but I'm going to continue to discuss things with the rest of the grown-ups from now on.

You can go on ahead and play now.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Damn dude, I really wish you weren't stuck inside you're retarded, twisted mind so you could see just how much of a douche you are. You completely mistook my first post. Have fun with the stupidity and all, but I'm going to continue to discuss things with the rest of the grown-ups from now on.

You can go on ahead and play now.[/QUOTE]

You're the one complaining about your local gamestop not doing anything for a midnight release, yet i'm douche here and all? Yeah, right. Calling someone Retarded isn't nice either and you saying i have a twisted mind? Kids these days SMH. You don't even know me or anything to make statements. Face it, you were wrong for what you stated so just apologize and/or edit your statement and leave it at that. I didn't 'mistook' your first post and you should read it over next time and make yourself clear to the point of what you want others to know. We're all just reading what you wrote and next time do yourself a favor and just not reply. Go to bed or you'll miss the bus in the morning, kid. By the way, i'll enjoy those hot dogs, sodas, chips and all while you wait in line poking your nose.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont even think my local gamestop is doing anything. One time i went to the san andreas release event and they were passing out candy. :D[/QUOTE]

Cool!

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']You guys need to chill. GS is doing a toruny in-store at some locations the 24th and I think Oct. 11th online.[/QUOTE]

I'm chill, I'm chill!!!! I just don't like it when people who post first and think later get all up in my grill, ya dig?

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I'm chill, I'm chill!!!! I just don't like it when people who post first and think later get all up in my grill, ya dig?[/QUOTE]

LOL I am not black, hahaha

That other dude was the troublemaker. Of course they don't owe you anything, nobody does, but when your the number one game store, your expected to return the favor to your customers.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']LOL I am not black, hahaha

That other dude was the troublemaker. Of course they don't owe you anything, nobody does, but when your the number one game store, your expected to return the favor to your customers.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. That may have come off as racist or like I was trying to make fun of black people, and it's totally not what I meant to do. I sometimes just do voices for the hell of it, so I started typing like that because that's what I got from your post. Sorry.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I'm sorry. That may have come off as racist or like I was trying to make fun of black people, and it's totally not what I meant to do. I sometimes just do voices for the hell of it, so I started typing like that because that's what I got from your post. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

No apologies needed man, its cool.

Back on topic, 24 and half hours till reach launches. I really don't know what to play first. I guess MP first then FF. after I pick my buddy up from work at 5am, I will start on campaign.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']No apologies needed man, its cool.

Back on topic, 24 and half hours till reach launches. I really don't know what to play first. I guess MP first then FF. after I pick my buddy up from work at 5am, I will start on campaign.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have no idea. I was thinking campaign, but I really want to dig into multiplayer. Oh well, there are much worse dilemmas to have, lol!

[quote name='fullhavok']
53sltf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So the helmet is in the box? No pre-order needed?

[quote name='kylerg']So the helmet is in the box? No pre-order needed?[/QUOTE]

the helmet yes, the armor no, i guess we get it at gamestop, i'm still going to be at the midnight event, with my oldest son, we both pre-ordered each a limited edition..:0)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fjordson']Nope, achievements are safe. Credits are safe as well, Bungie's reset already happened, so whatever you earn at this point is yours to keep.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! thanks ...

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yeah, I have no idea. I was thinking campaign, but I really want to dig into multiplayer. Oh well, there are much worse dilemmas to have, lol![/QUOTE]

I bought halo reach for the MP, but ill probably run through campaign on easy first just to get used to the controls. I know they switched a few things up in halo reach from halo 3. It will allow me to get used to the guns too. I got a halo reach controller a week or two ago, and i havent used it yet, been saving it for reach. :D

I'm jazzed too, watched all the top 5 movies and stuff looking at what i want to gear out with for armor abilities and what not... i LOVE that armor lock will reflect projectiles.. it will be between that and the hologram.. just watching dudes chase a fake you is priceless... i am already pondering all the uses in CTF.

to me, the campaign is always first. I played all the others and to not see how the story ends ( or begins in this case ) just feels wrong to me. I can shoot other dudes in the face whenever... but stopping a covenant army invasion from finding Earth and kickstarting the entire Halo storyline with Noble team and the final setting sun of Bungies Opus? it's whats for dinner.

then we are off to firefight, infection, and fragfests to pimp myself out and look all snazzy with all my preorder and LE gear. 23 hours and ill be at gamestop waiting with my grubby gamer mits to race home and get to rockin

[quote name='pacemakerguy']i may get this, gonan wait for reviews first[/QUOTE]

reviews are up, go back a few pages to links to all the major publishers and media sites... to save you time..

they are all raving.. minus a few.. which just wanna rebel. Halo fan or not, the sheer amount of content and badassery you get with this pickup is more than worth the full price... which is a rarity nowaday

Have been out of Halo for a long while but I'll be getting this at midnight. Jumped into 3's multiplayer tonight for a while just to get the feel for it back a little, and of course I was beyond awful. Oh well.

Glad to see the reviews have been mostly very positive.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Have been out of Halo for a long while but I'll be getting this at midnight. Jumped into 3's multiplayer tonight for a while just to get the feel for it back a little, and of course I was beyond awful. Oh well.

Glad to see the reviews have been mostly very positive.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for this EXTREMELY offtopic question but...where did you get the winnie the pooh shirt for your avatar ?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Sorry for this EXTREMELY offtopic question but...where did you get the winnie the pooh shirt for your avatar ?[/QUOTE]

avatar item under LIFESTYLE and DISNEY LINK HERE for 80g

I hate that the mailman doesn't get to my house until around 4 PM. Never gotten a package before noon.

I've got another 38 or so hours to go :whistle2:(

I will be glad when my LE gets here but wont be able to play till the weekend. Hell chances are it wont get here till Thursday (start of my weekend) or Friday anyway. Sucks the helmet code is not a preorder only thing. I should have known when I say a sign up at a GameStop saying you get it plus the armor.

My girlfriend is going crazy over the midnight release. We're going to have about 10 people over to play some multi-player. New roommate comes over today. I'll know if I got a dream job today as well. My day is going to be crazy. Hope everyone enjoys the game:)

I'm just glad I have stuff to do tomorrow to kill time till my copy gets here. I think UPS typically only gets here around 4 or 5 and I'll be heading home around then so it works.

I'm a little worried, probably for no reason, as Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

[quote name='hustletron']I'm just glad I have stuff to do tomorrow to kill time till my copy gets here. I think UPS typically only gets here around 4 or 5 and I'll be heading home around then so it works.

I'm a little worried, probably for no reason, as Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Hasn't shipped mine either.

Just checked my amazon account and the game has been shipped, here's to hoping that my bro gets it before the evening so we can play some firefight. game of the year? perhaps, we'll see..

Is there a reason I would want to have a flaming helmet? Wouldn't that make me a bigger target. Excited to play tomorrow, won't be able pick my copy until after work tomorrow. Good thing I have a 3 week old who likes to stay up in the middle of the night, this gives me something to do.

My gamestop order says shipped, but UPS site says ">>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later." when i track the package number. Im just hoping i get it by friday or saturday with gamestop SAVER shipping.

[quote name='M1C13']Is there a reason I would want to have a flaming helmet? Wouldn't that make me a bigger target. Excited to play tomorrow, won't be able pick my copy until after work tomorrow. Good thing I have a 3 week old who likes to stay up in the middle of the night, this gives me something to do.[/QUOTE]

It will make minimal difference in seeing you, and I'm sure the hitbox is almost identical...the point is you played a fuck ton and did whatever they wanted for you to get some rare shit..it's a video game man people love that stuff.

If you start walking now... :razz:

I felt silly yesterday though. I had to work until close last night (9 o clock) and having a kmart coupon, I went to their website to see if they were by chance open until 10 or later. They were. Then I forgot it was only Sunday.

Sucks I work tomorrow, but I do get off at 5, so first thing I'm doing after work is heading down to Kmart. (When's the last time anybody said THAT!?)

[quote name='The 7th Number']My gamestop order says shipped, but UPS site says ">>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later." when i track the package number. Im just hoping i get it by friday or saturday with gamestop SAVER shipping.[/QUOTE]
Why didn't you use the free overnight codes they put out a few times last month?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Why didn't you use the free overnight codes they put out a few times last month?[/QUOTE]

Because i used another code previously to that one, that saved me 7 dollars. When i tried to cancel the order to make a new one with the free overnight shipping code, it was too late and they already had it packed for shipping, so they wouldnt cancel it.

In this morning, my Amazon order has changed to a state where I cannot cancel or change information applied to this order from where I could before.
This means that the information of my order has been sent to the shipping department where they are packaging the item I ordered.
Amazon ships their items 4 times a day, and the first wave of shipment is usually done at 9:00AM PDT.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Because i used another code previously to that one, that saved me 7 dollars. When i tried to cancel the order to make a new one with the free overnight shipping code, it was too late and they already had it packed for shipping, so they wouldnt cancel it.[/QUOTE]
Gah. That sucks, dude.

bread's done
Back