Halo: Reach

[quote name='ITDEFX']I'm still debating to pick this up or not. ODST first part was a bit too slow for me and boring (that running around the city bored me to death)....I honestly have not played it all year and never beat it.[/QUOTE]

Reach has none of that stuff. Just the same level to level gameplay structure as Halo 1-3. No boring hub world etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Reach has none of that stuff. Just the same level to level gameplay structure as Halo 1-3. No boring hub world etc.[/QUOTE]

oh really? phew... I mean I totally lost interest in ODST because of that stupid city ...I was like where the fuck is everyone?

Gametrailers gave it too much of a good review... I'm trying to find a honest, non halo fan review of the game.

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh really? phew... I mean I totally lost interest in ODST because of that stupid city ...I was like where the fuck is everyone?

Gametrailers gave it too much of a good review... I'm trying to find a honest, non halo fan review of the game.[/QUOTE]

High review means they have to be Halo fans? It can't just be a great game?

People are insane.

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh really? phew... I mean I totally lost interest in ODST because of that stupid city ...I was like where the fuck is everyone?[/QUOTE]

ODST's all about the story line....

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh really? phew... I mean I totally lost interest in ODST because of that stupid city ...I was like where the fuck is everyone?

Gametrailers gave it too much of a good review... I'm trying to find a honest, non halo fan review of the game.[/QUOTE]

Too much of a good review? I haven't played the game yet and to say that about any game that you haven't played makes no sense.

Also, no hub world in Reach, so if you liked the campaign in H1, H2, and H3, high probability that you'll like the Reach campaign as well.

I had to laugh when my friend saw the banner outside of Best Buy and called it: Gaylo Reach Around. LoL

I could care less about this game too.

[quote name='2DMention']I had to laugh when my friend saw the banner outside of Best Buy and called it: Gaylo Reach Around. LoL

I could care less about this game too.[/QUOTE]

and you posted that in the Halo Reach thread why ?

[quote name='2DMention']I had to laugh when my friend saw the banner outside of Best Buy and called it: Gaylo Reach Around. LoL

I could care less about this game too.[/QUOTE]

How much less could you care?

picking up reach tonight along with my 12 month gold card but

Quick question. reviewed other posts but didnt see it.

I have an arcade system...i want to get a gold account. I have a 256 memory card no hard drive.

I dont care about downloading stuff i just want to play online. Am I good or do I need a hard drive for this?

I know I know I should have this answer but I want to make sure before I buy a 12 month gold card.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='buffdrew84']picking up reach tonight along with my 12 month gold card but

Quick question. reviewed other posts but didnt see it.

I have an arcade system...i want to get a gold account. I have a 256 memory card no hard drive.

I dont care about downloading stuff i just want to play online. Am I good or do I need a hard drive for this?

I know I know I should have this answer but I want to make sure before I buy a 12 month gold card.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

You need a hard drive...

You need a hard drive...

You need a hard drive...

256mb arcade doesn't cut it anymore.... 4gb 360 "S" is a slap in the face...anything under 60 gb is pushing it.

From what I heard, there will be tons of stuff you can make in reach' editor so you need space for it.

grab a 250GB HDD from ebay, i got one for $46, its official, and has worked great. haedin out in 4 hours to get in line for mine, will be hittin up campaign first as well about the 1230-1am cst time as well. GT is in the box to your left.

i really dont care to download stuff though. im looking to play a little reach and some left for dead 2 and maybe nba2k11 when it comes out. thats about it.

i dont really want to shell out for a hard drive.

plus the questions was can i get up and running without it. i dont plan on making maps in forge or anything.

Well I'm glad I saved the 99 cents and didn't put in for release day shipping. I wont be able to play till Wednsday or thursday but amazon says I should have it tomorrow. So I just got free release day delivery.

hey guys, i have a question, i've been playing Reach, & my question is, does anyone know if the armor up grades in the game are they for show or they relly help you out? I still havn't fig. it out. if anyone knows, please let me know, thanks in advance.

[quote name='MasterSprtn117']I would think they are for show...[/QUOTE]

I ask cuz, i went on line & noticed a few players were bigger armor & it was harder to kill them, maybe they are just better players or that armor actully really was helping.

Playing on live doesn't require a harddrive. You won't be able to download maps or crap, but playing it should be no problem.

And still waiting on a shipping confirmation from amazon.

[quote name='Calm']Playing on live doesn't require a harddrive. You won't be able to download maps or crap, but playing it should be no problem.

And still waiting on a shipping confirmation from amazon.[/QUOTE]

thank you. thats all i wanted to know.

My new Reach 360 is in route from Amazon, yes! Going to get my Limited edition from Best Buy tonight. Amazon finally "found" the LE hardcover guides from Brady Games. Set to be delivered the 20th or 21st.

Really? I loved that about ODST. Maybe I'm just an extreme Halo fan...

Anyway, my game is now in transit from Whitestown, Indiana, which is only like 3 HOURS AND A HALF AWAY!:bouncy:
It feels so dang close but so far away...

[quote name='Conboy']My new Reach 360 is in route from Amazon, yes! Going to get my Limited edition from Best Buy tonight. Amazon finally "found" the LE hardcover guides from Brady Games. Set to be delivered the 20th or 21st.[/QUOTE]

Haha funny story, the UPS truck came today and I was like oh yeah that's probably Halo Reach but then I remembered the game isn't out till the 14th. Cruel world haha. I also got an email from Amazon, wooo!

Anyone know if Best Buys are giving out any freebies at their midnight launches (other than the one in Times Square)?

For example, they gave out the gold hammerburst DLC codes for the Gears 2 midnight launch.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Damn, Walmart is really starting to worry me -- and their freaking phone line doesn't work either, lol.[/QUOTE]

Hey dude, check now. Mine just changed to shipped and its already on the way with an expected date of tomorrow :)

I'm wanting to go to the midnight release but there's a tornado and nasty storms that's supposed to be coming through...

I'm not sure if it'll be worth it to brave it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm wanting to go to the midnight release but there's a tornado and nasty storms that's supposed to be coming through...

I'm not sure if it'll be worth it to brave it.[/QUOTE]

Oh listen to your yourself !! HALO REACH IS WORTH IT !!

[quote name='woodcan']Anyone know if Best Buys are giving out any freebies at their midnight launches (other than the one in Times Square)?

For example, they gave out the gold hammerburst DLC codes for the Gears 2 midnight launch.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this too... Aren't we suppose to get some sort of code for special armour (and no, I'm not referring to the recon armour...)

[quote name='iHack']I'm curious about this too... Aren't we suppose to get some sort of code for special armour (and no, I'm not referring to the recon armour...)[/QUOTE]

the only armor im aware of is from gamestop... other then the helmet available to everyone that pre orders

Okay, so I was on facebook, and bungie threw a code up on their status. I didn't win, but then I looked at the comments and some employee posted a code. I redeemed it and it said "Standard Content: Bonus Content" redeemed. I have no idea what it is.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']the only armor im aware of is from gamestop... other then the helmet available to everyone that pre orders[/QUOTE]

What helmet is this and how do you get it? I am getting my copy at Bestbuy, will they be offering it?

Hmmm, my UPS info updated. It says billing information received, 3 day select shipping. So i guess i wont get it until thursday/friday? It doesnt show the exact day it will arrive. But whats weird is it says Multiple Packages: 2. I only ordered 1. I can click on "show packages in this shipment" and it gives me 2 tracking numbers, but the details on each tracking number are the same except the tracking numbers. I checked my card balance and i only got charged for 1 game. So i dunno what the 2 packages is all about.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Hmmm, my UPS info updated. It says billing information received, 3 day select shipping. So i guess i wont get it until thursday/friday? It doesnt show the exact day it will arrive. But whats weird is it says Multiple Packages: 2. I only ordered 1. I can click on "show packages in this shipment" and it gives me 2 tracking numbers, but the details on each tracking number are the same except the tracking numbers. I checked my card balance and i only got charged for 1 game. So i dunno what the 2 packages is all about.[/QUOTE]
Mine too, but mine is Next Day Saver. Weird. Bonus item?

[quote name='The 7th Number']The people in this thread seem to think they shipped a separate package for the 20 dollar gift card. But the 20 dollar credit is supposed to be emailed to you.[/QUOTE]
Seems awful silly if it is that. Maybe it's the recon helmet code? I already got my UA Armor code via email.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Seems awful silly if it is that. Maybe it's the recon helmet code? I already got my UA Armor code via email.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. You will have to let me know what it is when you get it tomorrow. ;)

[quote name='The 7th Number']Maybe. You will have to let me know what it is when you get it tomorrow. ;)[/QUOTE]
And spoil your surprise?

Maybe. ;)

Almost feels like it's my birthday tomorrow. Haven't felt like this since I was a kid.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']And spoil your surprise?

Maybe. ;)

Almost feels like it's my birthday tomorrow. Haven't felt like this since I was a kid.[/QUOTE]

xD ditto!

[quote name='iHack']What helmet is this and how do you get it? I am getting my copy at Bestbuy, will they be offering it?[/QUOTE]
It's a day one bonus for all retailers. You'll get it.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Seems awful silly if it is that. Maybe it's the recon helmet code? I already got my UA Armor code via email.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just got my email for the UA Armor. This is going to be a killer wait until tomorrow evening.

So fellow CAGger Kendal and I went to the Best Buy right by my house...no fucking inflatable swords, or anything for that matter. Too bad, last time we went to a different Best Buy for Halo 3 and made out like bandits...inflatable chair, shirt, hats...sheesh.

Anyway, zero line (just us for like an hour)...then 11:15 rolled around and we wound up with 25-35 people by the time doors opened. At least I was first in line so I didn't have to wait around.

There was a Gamestop in the same strip mall, it had more people - I'd say at least 15-20 more. I was just fine with my $20 BB gift card incentive, though, over whatever in-game trinket Gamestop offered. I bought the Limited Edition as I have no use for the statue... a $25 gift card I had knocked it down to about 60 bucks after tax. Not bad at all, it's really nicely presented, one of the better special editions I've purchased.

And...I did take a little something home after. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Not sure what I CAN do with it yet. It's just a big cardboard thing they put on the cement posts in front of the store.

2h4by4l.jpg

Here's a full shot of it...front and back are the same:
290wtpl.jpg

Played a little multiplayer when I got home, despite what I said earlier about doing campaign first. Pretty fun stuff so far. I'm terrible but since there are a ton of newbies playing now I'm usually placing in the upper half of games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Midnight launch fail. Apparently a snafu with bestbuy.com and there were about 50 people waiting for a store that wasn't doing a midnight launch after all. When I got back home and reloaded the store listing page it was now showing a different location. At least I showed up 10 minutes til midnight instead of waiting there for hours like a few others.

bread's done
Back