Halo: Reach

Wound up with an extra gamestop code for pre-order. If anyone has any armor from the other bonus' and wanna trade let me know.

I braved the storm and went to GS' midnight opening. It was a looooong line. Long, long line. I got there at about 10:25 and there was already about 50 people in line. By midninght there was about 150-200 people. THey've gotten quick about handing out the preorders, though and I was out by 12:17 and that's with me being around 50th in line. Got home, check out my statue, and WTF? The Gatling gun for my statue is broken on one side! The handle isn't connected :(

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Anybody get the console? Is it supposed to run this hot?[/QUOTE]

I don't have the Reach console but I do have the new model, and it does run a bit hot. I wouldn't worry (small consolation when it comes to MS consoles, I know...but I've had no problems after about a month of fairly steady use).

[quote name='BREVITY']My Reach Score Tonight. Several people gave me their extra armor things out of the limited editions. I also got an extra beanie. Did BB have beanies? http://yfrog.com/1nc3ij[/QUOTE]
Very nice. Those beanies are dope.

[quote name='bs000']How come it says download the free invasion week theme, but then when you find it on the marketplace, it's 240 ms points[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing it'll go free once the Live update for Tuesday is up in a few hours.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I don't have the Reach console but I do have the new model, and it does run a bit hot. I wouldn't worry (small consolation when it comes to MS consoles, I know...but I've had no problems after about a month of fairly steady use).[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude, I guess its like the slim PS2s. Those fuckers would get hot.

[quote name='bs000']How come it says download the free invasion week theme, but then when you find it on the marketplace, it's 240 ms points[/QUOTE]

Go to the marketplace, Themes & Gamer Pictures, New Arrivals, and you should be able to download it.

After playing for the last 3.5 hours, I'm starting to think that I'll be sinking a lot more time in this than I originally planned. At least until Black Ops comes out.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I braved the storm and went to GS' midnight opening. It was a looooong line. Long, long line. I got there at about 10:25 and there was already about 50 people in line. By midninght there was about 150-200 people. THey've gotten quick about handing out the preorders, though and I was out by 12:17 and that's with me being around 50th in line. Got home, check out my statue, and WTF? The Gatling gun for my statue is broken on one side! The handle isn't connected :([/QUOTE]

Well this has me a little worried. I hope mine is not broken. I might find out later today and will be looking over it big time. Would you be able to post a pic of what is broken on it? I know you said what is but maybe it is a defect or an issue in shipping and might help so I know what to look at and where to look first.

Also what is the chances of GameStop having extra preorder codes or even giving me one? I was thinking about picking up the headset over the weekend and thought I might ask. I figure it would be a long shot of them giving me one and hell an even longer long shot of them still having the codes. Has anyone ever had luck with them giving preorder stuff out when you didn't get the game from them?

[quote name='sendme'] Has anyone ever had luck with them giving preorder stuff out when you didn't get the game from them?[/QUOTE]

I've had luck, every time I've asked. I am somewhat friendly with the local GS 'guy' and he hooks me up. then again, I've asked at gamestops where they didn't even know me. All you have to do is ask.

Had to wait an hour and ten minutes at bestbuy to pick up my pre-order and I showed up a few minutes after 12. Luckily the people around me were cool to talk to. It's ridiculous that if you DIDN'T preorder, you skipped the whole line and went through in 10 minutes tops.

The game is great though.

[quote name='dastly75']Had to wait an hour and ten minutes at bestbuy to pick up my pre-order and I showed up a few minutes after 12. Luckily the people around me were cool to talk to. It's ridiculous that if you DIDN'T preorder, you skipped the whole line and went through in 10 minutes tops.

The game is great though.[/QUOTE]

WOW that sucks. If it was me and I saw people walking in that didn't preorder I would have been pissed and said something. On the same note how do you know they didn't preorder?

[quote name='BREVITY']My Reach Score Tonight. Several people gave me their extra armor things out of the limited editions. I also got an extra beanie. Did BB have beanies? http://yfrog.com/1nc3ij[/QUOTE]

Damn, they just gave you their armor? If someone gave you their fire helmet, that'd be crazy.

I tried to ask if they had any unclaimed/extra LE's but I got shut down. I'm gonna be pissed if I go there within the next couple of days and they are selling them.

Multiplayer is probably the best of the series (or at the very least, as good as Halo 2). It still has that Halo feel, but it's changed and added enough that it doesn't feel like I'd get too tired of it like Halo 3.

I'm liking it way more than I thought I would, and I haven't even touched Campaign or Firefight yet.

[quote name='sendme']WOW that sucks. If it was me and I saw people walking in that didn't preorder I would have been pissed and said something. On the same note how do you know they didn't preorder?[/QUOTE]

I was at the Madden 09 launch at BB in South St. Louis County and it was like that. People without preorders were able to get out first because they went to the regular registers while preorders had to wait at customer service. Last BB midnight launch I went to.

I couldnt redeem my Halo Legends code in the Limited Console. Also if anyone has that fire helmet I would love to trade for it. I have loads of extra stuff I dont need. Going to give it to local friends if I cant trade it for something.

Edit:
If BB had beanies I would love to trade one of my extras for one of theirs. I think I have an extra poster too. They are nice.

Well this is the last time I doubt Amazon, I was worried last night my copy wouldn't get here today on time, I just got home from PT And as of 7:07 am it's already here in Jacksonville and out for delivery. Woot.

Gosh, work is gonna be absolute hell today!
Anyway, this may be a stupid question, but is Bungie gonna launch the thing where you can download other peoples forge maps off of the website? I haven't managed to find it yet.

And oh by the way, my package is right here in Chicago!!

Sucks that my copy is out for delivery, but I'm not going to be here so I know UPS is going to leave a note and I'll have to wait for tomorrow. Anyone know if getting things overnighted helps persuade them to just leave it more often?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Sucks that my copy is out for delivery, but I'm not going to be here so I know UPS is going to leave a note and I'll have to wait for tomorrow. Anyone know if getting things overnighted helps persuade them to just leave it more often?[/QUOTE]

I know we used to have stuff left outside my house, but things got stolen too many times and I guess either my dad or UPS had us flagged for signature required on all packages.

[quote name='sendme']Well this has me a little worried. I hope mine is not broken. I might find out later today and will be looking over it big time. Would you be able to post a pic of what is broken on it? I know you said what is but maybe it is a defect or an issue in shipping and might help so I know what to look at and where to look first.
[/QUOTE]
Lighting sucks, but you can see the hand and the handle which (I assume) is supposed to be attached to the gun but isn't. And I also can't get the hand to attach to his wrist.

2z8x087.jpg

Just a heads up, but you can NOT play co-op online without a hard drive. I guess it's Microsofts way of milking you of your money, forcing you to buy an overpriced HDD.

[quote name='hustletron']Well this is the last time I doubt Amazon, I was worried last night my copy wouldn't get here today on time, I just got home from PT And as of 7:07 am it's already here in Jacksonville and out for delivery. Woot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine did show shipped until after midnight and as of 4am it's out for delivery. Nice.

Got my LE copy last night at best Buy, along with a Noble team skull cap and inflatable energy sword. My console from Amazon is out for delivery, should have when I get home. The the process of transferring over my 60 gig worth of games/saves/installs. I might get to play late tonight, probably tomorrow.

8 more hours (or so) until I get to play. I'm thinking of leaving half an hour earlier than I usually do to hit the kmart near work for $40 on Halo Reach. Could do it after work, but I don't know if I want to chance it.

[quote name='matto1233']Gosh, work is gonna be absolute hell today!
Anyway, this may be a stupid question, but is Bungie gonna launch the thing where you can download other peoples forge maps off of the website? I haven't managed to find it yet.

And oh by the way, my package is right here in Chicago!![/QUOTE]

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/filesearch.aspx

Its supposed to be alot easier to do it in game too.

[quote name='seanr1221']I played the first level last night, and the graphics really are a huge step up from Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

More textures, but the human faces still look pretty bland.

[quote name='Easystride']Just a heads up, but you can NOT play co-op online without a hard drive. I guess it's Microsofts way of milking you of your money, forcing you to buy an overpriced HDD.[/QUOTE]

why no online co op but competitive is ok? i dont have a hard drive but i have a memory card

[quote name='Easystride']Just a heads up, but you can NOT play co-op online without a hard drive. I guess it's Microsofts way of milking you of your money, forcing you to buy an overpriced HDD.[/QUOTE]

Does it really have to be an HDD?

Office Depot has the 4GB SanDisk Cruzer flash drive for $9.99 this week in-store.

F*ck!!!!

Good thing I bought my 120gb WD drive from Newegg the other day :)

This is very lame though. It can't be that hard to make these features work via flash memory.

I just called my Kmart of choice, and the guy said he'd put a Limited edition aside for me. With all the other stores having their midnight launches, I don't suppose he was mobbed - he did answer the phone after all.

Then again, I looked at a lot of the deals, and Kmart's was pretty freakin' sweet. So ... time to head over there. :bouncy:

[quote name='spideymike']For anyone that got the Legendary Edition, are you happy with all the extra content in it?[/QUOTE]

I was really impressed with the Collector's edition content you got. You know. The $80 one.

...but the statue to be honest was a bit lighter and cheaper than I would've liked. But for a mass production piece, I suppose it's OK. I was sort of bummed to see that the underside is hollow, and it feels a little too like plastic overall.

It's probably not worth the $70 upgrade fee. I haven't checked out any of the Legendary-exclusive DLC (flaming helmet, Elite armor, etc.) but again, bummed to see that the behind the scenes video is a download and not a separate DVD like Halo 3.

If you had to decide between the CE or LE, I'd just get the $80 version. Unless you're a huge Halo fan i.e. read the books, comics, buy other merchandise like myself, stick with the regular or CE.

*sigh* Amazon.com, Bestbuy.com, Toysrus.com all have the Legendary edition in stock still.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I was really impressed with the Collector's edition content you got. You know. The $80 one.

...but the statue to be honest was a bit lighter and cheaper than I would've liked. But for a mass production piece, I suppose it's OK. I was sort of bummed to see that the underside is hollow, and it feels a little too like plastic overall.

It's probably not worth the $70 upgrade fee. I haven't checked out any of the Legendary-exclusive DLC (flaming helmet, Elite armor, etc.) but again, bummed to see that the behind the scenes video is a download and not a separate DVD like Halo 3.

If you had to decide between the CE or LE, I'd just get the $80 version. Unless you're a huge Halo fan i.e. read the books, comics, buy other merchandise like myself, stick with the regular or CE.[/QUOTE]

I *am* a pretty big Halo fan as far as being interested in some of the extra/frivilous shit, and I still agree with you. The $80 version is very nice, one of the nicest Collector's/Limited/whatever-it's-called editions I've bought. I just can't see that statue and some armor being worth 70 bucks.

So basically the Halo Reach LE statue is a glorified fish tank ornament that would be awesome for a Halo fan's aquarium but probably not sealed and very toxic for fish.

played for about 5 hours or so last night, im really impressed with the level of customization. in that regard i think they hit the bullseye, it really seems like you can play however you want to. visually it looks pretty good too.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']If you had to decide between the CE or LE, I'd just get the $80 version. Unless you're a huge Halo fan i.e. read the books, comics, buy other merchandise like myself, stick with the regular or CE.

*sigh* Amazon.com, Bestbuy.com, Toysrus.com all have the Legendary edition in stock still.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaneRobot']I *am* a pretty big Halo fan as far as being interested in some of the extra/frivilous shit, and I still agree with you. The $80 version is very nice, one of the nicest Collector's/Limited/whatever-it's-called editions I've bought. I just can't see that statue and some armor being worth 70 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I'm also a big Halo fan, I collect much of the frivilous junk with a Halo logo on it. But I just have a feeling that, despite all the talk of the LE being actually limited this time, it'll still drop in price like a rock and be available for $50 after Christmas.

That's why I went with a regular edition. I got it for $45 (25% off coupon code from April) + $20 Gamestop coupon + Gamestop preorder bonus, by far the best price I could find. I'll play it for the next 6 months or so, then hopefully I'll be able to find the LE for really cheap and I can give away my regular edition to a friend. If not, no big loss. The Master Chief helmet from the Halo 3 LE just sits on my bookcase collecting dust anyway. The Noble team statue would just do the same.

My only real complaint about the statue is that it feels way, wayyyy too plastic and I feel like the money would've been better spent if I just went and bought the action figs at GS.

bread's done
Back