Halo: Reach

[quote name='lordopus99']The assassination one for me popped on the first one that did the "knife" animation; that animation only worked for me when holding the button the down directly behind the Elite.[/QUOTE]

Yeah all of mine were the "knife" animation where it zooms out and you see Noble 6 jam his knife in their neck and do a lil dance or whatever.

Loving the game. Match making, multi player, co-op, and everything. I am going to save all my cR for that electric helm. Fairly cool looking. Might make me forget the flaming helmet I wanted. The cost for the electric is insane. I wish if you got the birthday party one it worked for those you played against. I love that effect.

I had an odd glitch last night. I got in a UNSC Falcon to travel to another part of the game just after the first missing and it got stuck in the other Falcon. They wouldnt lift off. I was just stuck in it a few feet off the ground. I reloaded my save and it was the same thing. I had to restart the missing. lol

[quote name='Corvin']I think it is harder.

Jackyls in particular always seemed like a two hit kill in previous Halos, no matter where you hit them. One through the notch in the shield, then one to the body/head. Now it seems it's only two if your second shot is a head shot, otherwise it seems to take two+ body shots.

Elites are a bitch. Seems as though I have to plug them with a half dozen head shots before the shield is even down.

On the other hand, the Hunters seem to go down easier.[/QUOTE]

for sure harder. Played 4 player Legendary and mission 5 was a nightmare, they spam so many explosives and bombs and Elites ( who all seem to have ESP when dodging grenades and explosive rounds from vehicles ) i could put 9-10 neck and headshots into them, their shields pop, i have to reload, shields are back up, start over. it is no joke thats for sure, ive got 4 missions done legendary and am gonna start a single player heroic just to play the game and enjoy the story then go through the massive explosive pain that is legendary.

[quote name='Corvin']I think it is harder.

Jackyls in particular always seemed like a two hit kill in previous Halos, no matter where you hit them. One through the notch in the shield, then one to the body/head. Now it seems it's only two if your second shot is a head shot, otherwise it seems to take two+ body shots.

Elites are a bitch. Seems as though I have to plug them with a half dozen head shots before the shield is even down.

On the other hand, the Hunters seem to go down easier.[/QUOTE]

The AI is better as well. They strafe more, flank and attack in groups better.

When I popped the game in, I received 2000 credits for loyalty, where does this come from??? I tried searching for it, but can't find any info on it...

[quote name='iHack']When I popped the game in, I received 2000 credits for loyalty, where does this come from??? I tried searching for it, but can't find any info on it...[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's for being a part of the Halo: Reach beta? Or maybe it's for playing Halo 2 on the last day of the servers? I did neither of those things, and received no bonus.

[quote name='iHack']When I popped the game in, I received 2000 credits for loyalty, where does this come from??? I tried searching for it, but can't find any info on it...[/QUOTE]

It means you have played previous Halo games.

[quote name='whiptcracker']It means you have played previous Halo games.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't. I've played every single other Halo game and did not receive the bonus.

The limited edition console sounds are very hard to hear. I think there is only a boot up and shut down sound and you have to be right up on it to hear them. Sorta lame. Love the paint job and such though. The sticks on the controllers are really rough. I hope they work out over time but annoying for now.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']My code was inside the box. Odd[/QUOTE]

Actually there are two codes. The code in the game box is on a card with a peel-away strip. That's the release day code for the Recon helmet variant. There is another code that's printed on Gamestop receipts that's for the UA multithreat piece. Better check your receipt.

[quote name='GuardianE']No, it doesn't. I've played every single other Halo game and did not receive the bonus.[/QUOTE]

Then you got screwed. My wife has only played Halo 3 previously and she got the bonus.

[quote name='BREVITY']The limited edition console sounds are very hard to hear. I think there is only a boot up and shut down sound and you have to be right up on it to hear them. Sorta lame. Love the paint job and such though. The sticks on the controllers are really rough. I hope they work out over time but annoying for now.[/QUOTE]

The console is sexy as hell, but yeah, the sounds are pretty superfluous.

The controllers are sweet looking, although they would look a helluva lot better with those monochrome buttons on the as-yet-to-be released conroller. I don't like the paint texture either. It's too rough. I'm sticking with my red/black Gamestop one, it has a unique smooth feel to it.

Oh, word of caution, the chatpad scuffed the paint on one of my Halo controllers.

[quote name='GuardianE']No, it doesn't. I've played every single other Halo game and did not receive the bonus.[/QUOTE]

Alright, it actually appears to be a loyalty bonus for playing Halo 2, which I forgot my wife played vs rockets with me before. So are you using the same gametag as you did for Halo 2, or do you have a Halo 2 save file on your HDD?

[quote name='whiptcracker']Alright, it actually appears to be a loyalty bonus for playing Halo 2, which I forgot my wife played vs rockets with me before. So are you using the same gametag as you did for Halo 2, or do you have a Halo 2 save file on your HDD?[/QUOTE]

That could be. I haven't played Halo 2 in years, and when I did play it, it was on the original XBox. I'm not entirely sure if it was the same Gamertag.

I know for sure that my wife has never played Halo 2 on Live, only local matches. If you still have Halo 2 lying around you might want to pop the disk in, play split screen multi for a moment then see if Halo: Reach unlocks the loyalty bonus for you. Though as far as can tell it's just 2,000cr extra so it may not be worth the trouble.

Maybe the extra 2000cr is for linking your gamertag on Bungie.net?

I have played ODST, Halo 3, Halo 2 PC and accessed Waypoint. I also linked my gamertag. I got the credit. I have NOT played Halo 1/2 on this gamertag for the xbox.

[quote name='rusty']Maybe the extra 2000cr is for linking your gamertag on Bungie.net?

I have played ODST, Halo 3, Halo 2 PC and accessed Waypoint. I also linked my gamertag. I got the credit. I have NOT played Halo 1/2 on this gamertag for the xbox.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's a good point as well. I do have my gamertag linked on Bungie.net. I was going off an assumption based off of a weekly update from Bungie in April of this year that they were going to try to give some type of loyalty bonus for people who had played Halo 2, though at that time they made it sound like it was going to be a small visual armor thing.

It's probably one of the following:

Played Reach Beta
Played Halo 2
Have above a certain level on Halo Waypoint

I did the first 2, and popped in Halo: Reach when I was either level 34, 35, or 36. I can't remember what I'm at right now.

All in all, I got a 7,000 CR when I first launched the game.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It's probably one of the following:

Played Reach Beta
Played Halo 2

I did the first 2, and popped in Halo: Reach when I was either level 34, 35, or 36. I can't remember what I'm at right now.

All in all, I got a 7,000 CR when I first launched the game.[/QUOTE]

I got 7000CR, and I didn't play the Beta, didnt play Halo 1 or 2 on my 360. (and not online only offline on original Xbox).

I have played Halo 3, Halo Wars, and ODST, and I'm level 33 on Waypoint.

So the Waypoint level maybe it.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It's probably one of the following:

Played Reach Beta
Played Halo 2

All in all, I got a 7,000 CR when I first launched the game.[/QUOTE]

Can't be waypoint or the beta, my wife got it and never did either. Has to be Halo 2 or linking your gamertag to Bungie or both. We both started with 7,000 cr.

For those who have access to Microsoft ExpertZone (retail employees only), Halo Reach is available for $15 and 1,000 points. They had the Limited edition for $18 but as soon as I added it to my cart it was gone...

Loving it so far. Played solo-campaign for about 4.5 hours last night, got through mission 6 and stopped.

It's very well paced, haven't had any of the slower parts that plagued ODST and Halo 3. Graphics are great, nice step up from ODST or Halo 3.

Loved the Space battle part--which surprised me as I've usually hated the vehicle parts of Halo, and the Warthog still sucks in Reach. But they nailed the controls for the space battle, and the graphics in space were kickass. I'd be interested in a whole Halo space shooter from Bungie after playing that section!

Like A Happy Panda, I also went with Recon as the controls. I melee too much to have that on the right bumper. Recon is more like Gears with B being melee and RB reload, so that feels a lot more natural to me after playing a lot of Horde the past week.

I also agree that it's a bit harder. Everything seems to take more shots to kill and do more damage. I'm just playing on normal, and I've died a lot more than I did in H3 or ODST for sure. It's not frustratingly hard on Normal, but I can't be as reckless as I could in those games and not die. The enemies also seem to be much more of crack shots with the sticky grenades and other one hit kill weapons.

Boo @ MS/Bungie or whoever is responsible for bundling all the LE/Legendary stuff into one code.

--------

For the challenges that show on the games menu, are those the daily or weekly challenges?

----------

Anyone know if the included Recon helmet can be worn without the stupid visor and camera?

[quote name='dmaul1114']
Like A Happy Panda, I also went with Recon as the controls. I melee too much to have that on the right bumper. Recon is more like Gears with B being melee and RB reload, so that feels a lot more natural to me after playing a lot of Horde the past week.[/QUOTE]

I think it was a bad move to have melee on the RB for the default. When you're closing in on an enemy, you want to be firing your weapon as long as possible before wackin' him with a melee strike. Sliding from RT to RB is just an awful way to go about that. You lose too much firing time when moving your finger.

does anyone else see some weird sort of slow down / blurring effect when other characters are moving around? I notice it most when its a first person perspective cut scene.. It almost looks intentional, but I don't think it's very good at all..

anyways, I'm down with this game, but I'm not down with no autosave..got about 30 mins in last night, didn't 'Save and Quit' figured a checkpoint would be a save point, started all over at 530am this morning!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']For the challenges that show on the games menu, are those the daily or weekly challenges?
[/QUOTE]

I think they both reside in there since 4 of them changed between yesterday and today. I am curious though on how to tell daily from weekly in there.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if those were daily or weekly...where exactly can they be found on Bungie.net?

[quote name='token2k6']anyways, I'm down with this game, but I'm not down with no autosave..got about 30 mins in last night, didn't 'Save and Quit' figured a checkpoint would be a save point, started all over at 530am this morning![/QUOTE]

Didn't you play any of the other Halos? The checkpoint is only there for if/when you die, not if you turn off the system or have to go. There's never been any saves in between chapters/levels.

[quote name='token2k6']does anyone else see some weird sort of slow down / blurring effect when other characters are moving around? I notice it most when its a first person perspective cut scene.. It almost looks intentional, but I don't think it's very good at all..

anyways, I'm down with this game, but I'm not down with no autosave..got about 30 mins in last night, didn't 'Save and Quit' figured a checkpoint would be a save point, started all over at 530am this morning![/QUOTE]

There's a bit of motion blur in the game.

I got the loyalty bonus when I booted up last night, I played H2 and everything since then but I used a different gamertag on H2 so I dunno how they tracked it.

I'm really not feeling the regular slayer modes(maybe cuz I'm rusty) where you spawn with the assault rifle, I still feel like is pretty useless.

The weekly challenge is the beat the game on Heroic challenge. No big distinction except maybe the last challenge on the list will be the weekly.

How does one play Firefight Versus? I breezed through the playlist options last night but didn't see it. Is it one of the options in the firefight menu?

Reach = GOTY. The only game that will have the potential to beat it out IMO is Fallout: New Vegas.

Reach is the greatest Halo that Bungie has made. I wish they weren't leaving the development of the franchise. 343 Industries has their work cut out for them for Halo 4.

[quote name='zewone']The weekly challenge is the beat the game on Heroic challenge. No big distinction except maybe the last challenge on the list will be the weekly.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok...that makes a bit more sense now. Thanks.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
I also agree that it's a bit harder. Everything seems to take more shots to kill and do more damage. I'm just playing on normal, and I've died a lot more than I did in H3 or ODST for sure. It's not frustratingly hard on Normal, but I can't be as reckless as I could in those games and not die. The enemies also seem to be much more of crack shots with the sticky grenades and other one hit kill weapons.[/QUOTE]

That was clearly noticeable in the first two battles on Legendary for me. No being the lone wolf as you will clearly be punished. It was interesting re-learning how to play Halo. In this instance, meaning stick close to your squad and follow commands.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I think it was a bad move to have melee on the RB for the default.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing so much Borderlands lately I can't help but want those controls in Halo. Why can't games be completely customizable in the button mapping department? If only...

[quote name='dastly75']How does one play Firefight Versus? I breezed through the playlist options last night but didn't see it. Is it one of the options in the firefight menu?[/QUOTE]

In the Firefight Lobby, you can hit the bumpers to change teams.

[quote name='seanr1221']Where can I check the daily challenges?[/QUOTE]

You can also access them in the game through the start menu.

[quote name='zewone']I was able to get all the challenges today (minus firefight) in one match.[/QUOTE]

Nice work. I just checked you out on bungie.net.

Send me a friends request if your home. BREVITY2

bread's done
Back