Halo: Reach

[quote name='100xp']it boggles the mind when I see a player with a Warrent Officer 2 rank with Emile's helmet. Am I missing some commendation that unlocks it or are their just ppl finding a way to bypass the normal cR progression.

in other news: just finished solo legendary...literally, I got my noble team member killed again for part of the mission. That's twice.[/QUOTE]
I've heard other people mention this, I always thought Bungie made the main characters invincible... I'm glad it hasn't happened to me. Especially on Nightfall. Jun's saved me quite a few times (not that many, but still).

Just noted that today's challenges are very much like yesterdays. Right down the the 15 assists. 200 grunts, wonder what mission has the most of those?

Anyone have any tips for the Corvette Hanger on Legendary? I played that section for nearly an hour last night with no success. This is the second time in the hanger, the one with Jorge and all the Elites. His machine gun apparently shoots nerf bullets.

[quote name='Fjordson']SWAT is getting its own playlist.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I like it in the standard mix. When it's set apart I don't stand a chance because everyone that plays it is so damn good. When it's part of the random mix, I have a better chance at getting matched up with people my level.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm beginning to get sick of all the Safe Haven and Rally games. [/QUOTE]

:lol: I still haven't played either. No one picks them when I play.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']holy hell its hard to get assists in this game. took me well over an hour just to get my last 6 assist's after work... oh well its over now. i can enjoy the game again[/QUOTE]

It's not too bad. I was going for one of the daily challenges the other day that required 30 assists and all it took was running around with the AR capping people in the knees until their shields were down so that someone else might come around the corner and take them out.

Since Bungie seems insistent on not explaining any of their modes ingame: what are the humans supposed to do in Safe Havens? Are you supposed to make the havens run out of time and run to the next? Or do you just have to survive as long as possible? Are the humans actually safe in the havens? I thought it would make sense for them to be, but I swore I saw some killed inside of one.

Are Safe Haven and Rally games in the FFA hopper or the 4v4 Arena hopper? I haven't ever seen them pop up. Though I've only played Team Slayer/Objective, Firefight and Invasion.

[quote name='BREVITY']Just noted that today's challenges are very much like yesterdays. Right down the the 15 assists. 200 grunts, wonder what mission has the most of those?[/QUOTE]

The mission you had to play yesterday (Starts with an E, I forgot the name) has a section with a bunch of suicide grunts. You should be able to pick up 10 or so and then die, allowing you to do it all over again pretty quickly I think.

It's early on in the mission too.

So has anyone come up with any decent strategies on raking up credits? Firefight the way to go or is normal MP progression the preferred poison?

[quote name='BREVITY']I really dont understand Rank. I am killing some time at work just Googling it and still dont understand. I have not spent any cR yet since I wanted to save mine for that electric helmet. If I spend cR will I rank down since rank is tied to cR? I found this for rank guide but it seems to make it out that if I spend cR its going to affect my rank.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/blog/unlock-halo-reach-ranks-credits/[/QUOTE]
you don't rank down for spending cR.

Tnx guys. Did you note on that link there is another set of cR in parentheses. Wonder what that is for. Its got a + on it.

So rank is total cR that you ever got even if you do spend it. Fairly cool I guess. I wonder what gets people the most cR per time spent playing?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
Also, at first I didn't want to specialize my psych profile, but after playing around ten matches of mp tonight I'm sick of being called a $$$ for having the Flaming Helmet or being accused of cheating/hacking when I win, I think it's become necessary.[/QUOTE]

I'm not convinced that setting profile even impacts who you get matched with.

[quote name='pete5883']Since Bungie seems insistent on not explaining any of their modes ingame: what are the humans supposed to do in Safe Havens? Are you supposed to make the havens run out of time and run to the next? Or do you just have to survive as long as possible? Are the humans actually safe in the havens? I thought it would make sense for them to be, but I swore I saw some killed inside of one.[/QUOTE]

You are safe in there and I think maybe you get a point for capturing it too and a point for all kills. I would say the goal is to get the most points.

So I messed around in Forge and uploaded a new map/gametype if anyone is interested in that sort of thing. I'll throw up a pic and details under a spoiler thread to keep from taking up space in the Halo discussion:

Map - Coliseum:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2024507&player=Whipt1

Gametype - Warrior:

1 vs 1 Headhunter variant. Kill your enemy and then bring their skull back as a trophy to your arena entrance for points, first to 10 to wins. 2x shields and melee weapons only with different ability/weapon loadout such as Sword/Evade, Hammer/Sprint, Sword/Jet Pack, Hammer/Armor Lock, Sword/Camo. Everyone gets 2 sticky grenades. 3 different power ups are un the map, Camo on an arch with mines lines to the side, a platform with overshield, and a speed boost hanging above a spike trap. When you get a skull your speed/jumping cuts by half.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pete5883']Since Bungie seems insistent on not explaining any of their modes ingame: what are the humans supposed to do in Safe Havens? Are you supposed to make the havens run out of time and run to the next? Or do you just have to survive as long as possible? Are the humans actually safe in the havens? I thought it would make sense for them to be, but I swore I saw some killed inside of one.[/QUOTE]

Inside the Safe Havens humans are invulnerable and can one shot kill. Outside the Safe Havens shotguns are not as effective. As soon as you enter a Safe Haven a 15 second clock starts before it moves to a different location.

[quote name='Maklershed']It's probably been asked a million times but how do you get that flaming helmet in multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

Buy the legendary edition of the game or a code off of eBay.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You can spend cR and you will not rank down. Also, what's everyone saving up for? I'm really wanting to get the Grunt Birthday Party thing.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'm saving up for anything, but I want to hit captain so I can get the grenadier chest piece.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Inside the Safe Havens humans are invulnerable and can one shot kill. Outside the Safe Havens shotguns are not as effective. As soon as you enter a Safe Haven a 15 second clock starts before it moves to a different location.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that tip. I saw the circles, but had no idea what they were actually for. Hopefully my infection rounds go a little better in the rare instance I am a human.

I have yet to get them killed. Matter of fact, there's been a few times where I just ran and hid and let them do most of the work. Legendary is kicking me in the nuts...

Yes I finally, FINALLY got a PERFECTION in ranked multiplayer (against people who weren't playing splitt screen none the less... I think) it was on Reflect - I had the sword for 13 out of the 15 kills, basically played it safe and bum rushed people with the sword via sprint. But WTF is up with some people surviving a lock on sword hit? That happened twice and I almost died.

This is my first time getting a perfection (outside of custom games and system link) despite playing Halo 2 + Halo 3 for over 200+ hours lol.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yes I finally, FINALLY got a PERFECTION in ranked multiplayer (against people who weren't playing splitt screen none the less... I think) it was on Reflect - I had the sword for 13 out of the 15 kills, basically played it safe and bum rushed people with the sword via sprint. But WTF is up with some people surviving a lock on sword hit? That happened twice and I almost died.

This is my first time getting a perfection (outside of custom games and system link) despite playing Halo 2 + Halo 3 for over 200+ hours lol.[/QUOTE]

They can "block" the sword with their melee, which is retarded.

Also I can't believe the sprinting + hammer/sword tactic is STILL in the retail release. It's boggling to see since it was SO broken in the Beta and is still broken now.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']They can "block" the sword with their melee, which is retarded.

Also I can't believe the sprinting + hammer/sword tactic is STILL in the retail release. It's boggling to see since it was SO broken in the Beta and is still broken now.[/QUOTE]

I like that. You shouldnt just be automatically dead when a sword guy gets close.

Its weird because they gimped things that didnt need to be gimped like the grenade launcher.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']They can "block" the sword with their melee, which is retarded.
.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I didn't know that. Yeah if it was another sword or hammer I could see that, but regular melee? the fuck?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You can spend cR and you will not rank down. Also, what's everyone saving up for? I'm really wanting to get the Grunt Birthday Party thing.[/QUOTE]

I dont know if id want the grunt birthday party, just because people might target you more because of it?

I want an EVA or JFO helmet, visor color change... not sure what color yet, and the lightening effects. Thats all i have on my wish list, unless i unlock better things. Personally i wouldnt want Emiles helmet, id rather have the EVA with a purchasable design on the front. But im still interested in how you unlock it.

[quote name='zewone']Grunt birthday party only takes effect when you die. Wouldn't make you anymore of a target.[/QUOTE]

It could encourage people to kill you more often, in order to watch it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']It could encourage people to kill you more often, in order to watch it.[/QUOTE]

I would hope most people playing matchmaking online wouldn't really need additional encouragement to kill their opponent...

[quote name='BingoBrown']I would hope most people playing matchmaking online wouldn't really need additional encouragement to kill their opponent...[/QUOTE]

Some childish ones may target a person more due to this. But you're right, most aren't going to worry about who they are killing.

Just got a Killionaire in Big Team Slayer SWAT on Boneyard. Pretty fucking cool.

I'm looking for some people to do the Firefight point achievements. I think it takes around an hour with 4 people and infinite hp/ammo/etc turned on. Just message me on Live.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Just got a Killionaire in Big Team Slayer SWAT on Boneyard. Pretty fucking cool.

I'm looking for some people to do the Firefight point achievements. I think it takes around an hour with 4 people and infinite hp/ammo/etc turned on. Just message me on Live.[/QUOTE]

What the million point one? You can solo that one in ten minutes. Just download the 1000000 in 10 gametype thatshould be one top of the list of most popular shared files.

I try to do the daily challenges, not because they give me bonus credits, because the credits arent usually enough to go out of your way to get. But i figure maybe i would unlock stuff if i earn a total of 100 daily challenges completed, or 500. Does anyone know if you can unlock stuff with daily challenges completed?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont know if id want the grunt birthday party, just because people might target you more because of it?

I want an EVA or JFO helmet, visor color change... not sure what color yet, and the lightening effects. Thats all i have on my wish list, unless i unlock better things. Personally i wouldnt want Emiles helmet, id rather have the EVA with a purchasable design on the front. But im still interested in how you unlock it.[/QUOTE]
I just saw JFO today, too, I love it! I can't wait to unlock it! That is now my next unlock, I also want a yellow visor.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I try to do the daily challenges, not because they give me bonus credits, because the credits arent usually enough to go out of your way to get. But i figure maybe i would unlock stuff if i earn a total of 100 daily challenges completed, or 500. Does anyone know if you can unlock stuff with daily challenges completed?[/QUOTE]

Currently they have announced anything like that.

It would have been a good thing to have some more achievements beyond just the one for completing all 4 daily challenges in a given day.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I just saw JFO today, too, I love it! I can't wait to unlock it! That is now my next unlock, I also want a yellow visor.[/QUOTE]

The JFO helmet reminds me of Iron Man. But i use a female spartan, so i dunno if the EVA or JFO is feminine enough LOL. I just dont like the stocky look of the male spartan body, the female has better curves. ;)

All I got to say on playing solo legendary, improvise. Thats the only way your going to beat it. Forgot patience too.

Multiplayer is too much fun. Big team battle is my favorite playlist. Having the tank in that playlist is badass, but also bad when the other team gets ahold of your tank. Definitely need more BTB maps.

A little under halfway till I get to captain. To be honest I thought I would be tired of this after a week and I am not. The cR system brings so much more depth than just an exp point in Halo 3.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Thanks I didn't know that. Yeah if it was another sword or hammer I could see that, but regular melee? the fuck?[/QUOTE]

Think about it...the sword is made of energy, you have shields and hard points of armor. However the most logical explaination is, you do actually have an armor add on for your Wrist called "buckler."

Ta da!

[quote name='whiptcracker']What the million point one? You can solo that one in ten minutes. Just download the 1000000 in 10 gametype thatshould be one top of the list of most popular shared files.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I think it's the most popular download, so you can't miss it.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I try to do the daily challenges, not because they give me bonus credits, because the credits arent usually enough to go out of your way to get. But i figure maybe i would unlock stuff if i earn a total of 100 daily challenges completed, or 500. Does anyone know if you can unlock stuff with daily challenges completed?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dmaul1114']Currently they have announced anything like that.

It would have been a good thing to have some more achievements beyond just the one for completing all 4 daily challenges in a given day.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking there will something. Well, at least I hope. I haven't done that many, because I don't always play online a lot, and a lot of them have been matchmaking, but I still have like 10 or so at this point. Would definitely like to see something more than just cR.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']All I got to say on playing solo legendary, improvise. Thats the only way your going to beat it. Forgot patience too.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. And just hope for a ton of luck. There are times where you're gonna hit a part that seems simply impossible to do alone, and you're going to get raped a bunch. Then, suddenly, the enemies simply fall right into the places you need them to.

WOW, i was playing a game of team snipers and 2 of our team left, and i had 10 kills, my other partner had 1 and he walks in front of me as im trying to shoot a guy for a betrayal. Then boots me when its almost over. Please tell me my credits/stats still count? Man some people are just idiots.

so far nothing i've seen/heard. It's just motivation for ppl to play online and with different modes. Most gamers aren't going to touch fire fight, they only want to be competitive...most carebears aren't going to touch Slayer etc for similar reasons. Plus, the cR bonus is nice and gives you incentive to continue to playing different MP type scenerios.

virtually every unlock is based on new rank tiers, halo gamer score milestones, and specific halo achievements.

[quote name='The 7th Number']WOW, i was playing a game of team snipers and 2 of our team left, and i had 10 kills, my other partner had 1 and he walks in front of me as im trying to shoot a guy for a betrayal. Then boots me when its almost over. Please tell me my credits/stats still count? Man some people are just idiots.[/QUOTE]

if you get booted, you get no credits or credit for the match but you'll still get challenge progression. it sucks when it's accidental, but oh so satisfying if it's intentional.

Exactly how many games must you play in a season to get into a division? I heard both seven, ten, and six. Which is it? Will the number of games be lessened for this month since it was only out for half of the month?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whiptcracker']What the million point one? You can solo that one in ten minutes. Just download the 1000000 in 10 gametype thatshould be one top of the list of most popular shared files.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you can get all the firefight achievements, and stuff like triple kill while get packing etc. in 10-15 minutes solo with that download easy.

Be sure to follow the instructions and to it on Corvette and Legendary to make it easy.

[quote name='matto1233']Exactly how many games must you play in a season to get into a division? I heard both seven, ten, and six. Which is it? Will the number of games be lessened for this month since it was only out for half of the month?[/QUOTE]

According to Bungie.net, ten.

[quote name='zewone']No, you can actually get Emile's helmet.

8-23-2010-4-59-09-PM.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Oh damn, I didn't know that.

That for sure should not be available at Warrant Officer. I hit WO Grade 2 yesterday and I don't even see that in the armory.

[quote name='yankeessuck']You are safe in there and I think maybe you get a point for capturing it too and a point for all kills. I would say the goal is to get the most points.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you're not "capturing" them, they just don't last long.
[quote name='whiptcracker']Inside the Safe Havens humans are invulnerable and can one shot kill. Outside the Safe Havens shotguns are not as effective. As soon as you enter a Safe Haven a 15 second clock starts before it moves to a different location.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Is this explained anywhere on bungie.net or ingame? Or have people just figured it out? I think I might actually enjoy Safe Havens next time.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yep, you can get all the firefight achievements, and stuff like triple kill while get packing etc. in 10-15 minutes solo with that download easy.

Be sure to follow the instructions and to it on Corvette and Legendary to make it easy.[/QUOTE]

I downladed one that was the same thing and got all but the one for the 15,000 points in the one game type.

[quote name='reddjoey']Forgive me for going n00b, but I forgot about the seasons and what playlist it applies to. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Arena

bread's done
Back