Halo: Reach

I didn't think Bungie was planning on doing another Halo game after this one.

EDIT: I do think they will have to do something for multiplayer. Really how long will the multiplayer last with Reach? They are going to need to come out with new maps often if this is the last one. I know a lot of people still played Halo 2 online till it was shut down but we also had Halo 3 after that. If this one is it then they will have to add a lot more to this. Maybe we will see another Halo game or some expansion DLC.

They're not, but 343 studios will make it.

And if MS' last comment is any indication, we'll be seeing another Halo sooner rather than later.

What was Microsoft's last comment? I forgot all about 343 doing the games also. This is Microsofts biggest property so it shouldn't surprise me that they will try to make more of them. I just wonder how good they will be.

one of the daily challenges today...

Complete ONI on Legendary without dying.

if i remember right that level was hard for me on heroic. Is it the one where you have to
put some satellite online, and drive back to fight two of those big beasts you have to shoot in the back? if so any tips?

[quote name='The 7th Number']one of the daily challenges today...

if i remember right that level was hard for me on heroic. Is it the one where you have to
put some satellite online, and drive back to fight two of those big beasts you have to shoot in the back? if so any tips?
[/QUOTE]
Try to split the Hunters up and just keep circle strafing/shooting at one CQB until it dies. Repeat with the other.

Yeah, today's daily challenges are pretty stupid. I hate how most of the challenges offer less than what you earn in one multiplayer match yet require you to spend half an hour in the campaign or firefight. I was especially disappointed of the weekly challenge cR reward. I didn't even get the first weekly that involved doing 9 missions on heroic; fucking the space mission bugged out on me and didn't give me credit of completion despite allowing me to progress to the next level. So when I beat the game, I had to go back and spend another hour on legendary on that pain in the ass mission. GOOD GAME, BUNGIE!

And while I'm at it I might as well post this: Looking for people that still need some of the Halo 3 and ODST achievements (Halo 3 Annual and some multiplayer DLC achievements + a few ODST 200k on x firefight map achievements). In case you were unaware, unlocking achievements and syncing it to Halo Waypoint can unlock you unique armor permutations in the Reach Armory. I'm like level 43 now and only need a few more achievements (plus ALL of the Halo Wars ones). Hit me up here or on XBL anytime if interested.

[quote name='The 7th Number']one of the daily challenges today...

[/QUOTE]

Well, I just completed that mission on Legendary last night and I was surprised that I didn't die quite as much as I did in heroic (although I still died A LOT). But yeah, Legendary doesn't fuck around. It's pretty much "pew pew pew" DEAD. Thankfully during the Nightfall mission, I found the drop shield AA and that helped a TON. Only 6 missions left!

Anyway,
when you get to that room with the hunters, grab a shotgun and try to circle around and go into the corner room where an elite and two grunts are hanging out. Dispatch them and hang around in there poking your head out every now and then to take potshots at them. During my game, Kat had one distracted and another one was occupied with me but couldn't get into that room. So I would sidestep back and forth from the door and shoot him in the face with the shotgun. It took a LONG time but I was finally able to kill both of them and I think I only died about 2 or 3 times. Also, try to soften them up with grenades before you start shooting and pick up any plasma nades that enemies drop. And if you run out of shotgun ammo, pick up any plasma pistols and shoot charged shots at them.

I don't know if it's even possible to do that mission without dying, but whoever can, then mad props.

On 2nd thought, its not even worth the 1250 cR to try to beat oni on legendary. The time i would spend trying to beat that, i could probably rack up 10 times as many points.

[quote name='The 7th Number']On 2nd thought, its not even worth the 1250 cR to try to beat oni on legendary. The time i would spend trying to beat that, i could probably rack up 10 times as many points.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the "Finish Any mission on Legendary without dying" to get the Carter's helmet avatar award, you can save exit and then reload from the save point if you die.

Also
if if Oni is the mission where you fly around the the hospital and nightclub, it may help to use the easter egg to turn the club into the grunt/brute dance club. You still have to kill them all, and the grunts have fuel rod guns, but I'd rather take out a few brutes & grunts than elites and... what was it 6 hunters?

[quote name='kayatai']If it's anything like the "Finish Any mission on Legendary without dying" to get the Carter's helmet avatar award, you can save exit and then reload from the save point if you die.

Also
if if Oni is the mission where you fly around the the hospital and nightclub, it may help to use the easter egg to turn the club into the grunt/brute dance club. You still have to kill them all, and the grunts have fuel rod guns, but I'd rather take out a few brutes & grunts than elites and... what was it 6 hunters?
[/QUOTE]

People actually bothered taking out all the hunters? There's jet packs in a room under where you enter the hunter room...all I did was grab one, jet pack up to the device, turn it off, and leave.

[quote name='yankeessuck']I hope they dont do anymore grenade launcher challenges. It really might be the worst weapon in the game.[/QUOTE]

no argument here

[quote name='The 7th Number']On 2nd thought, its not even worth the 1250 cR to try to beat oni on legendary. The time i would spend trying to beat that, i could probably rack up 10 times as many points.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. This is 1st daily challenge I haven't finished. Not going to even try.

When I first heard about that Easy Million game mode someone made in Reach, I thought it meant 1M credits and I groaned. The rate of credits that we get per match when you compare it to 2M for that lightning thing and a mil for the bugs just sucks, but I don't want MW2 Mod Lobby-esque bullcrap going on in this.

On another note, I'm having an unbelievable amount of fun in Reach. I had Halo 3 in mind (Which I despised) when I first bought it, and it blew Halo 3 out of the water.

I hate Invasion and Elite Slayer, though. fuck that.

[quote name='snico1995']wow that works thanks haha i wonder if bungie will ban if you over use this[/QUOTE]
Bungie knows about it.

And "legit" or not, I refuse to do this, as I'd feel like a major tool.

Do you guys know if Bungie will ban you for using the daily challenge glitch? My friend is doing it and says it is legit. I'm kinda tempted to doing it, but I'm afraid of the "Ban Hammer".

[quote name='snico1995']wow that works thanks haha i wonder if bungie will ban if you over use this[/QUOTE]

Over time, if you were to keep doing this, the cR rate would decrease to the point where you'd be getting them faster by just playing the game legitimately. Bungie isn't banning for it.

Your sentence structure made me cringe.

[quote name='kklems']My thoughts exactly. This is 1st daily challenge I haven't finished. Not going to even try.[/QUOTE]

The first daily challenge can be completed on any mode and can be beaten right away by using the 1000000 in 10 minutes Custom Firefight gametype.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Over time, if you were to keep doing this, the cR rate would decrease to the point where you'd be getting them faster by just playing the game legitimately. Bungie isn't banning for it.

Your sentence structure made me cringe.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I read that somewhere, makes me feel a bit better about it now. They'll stay at the same rank for a while while I can catch up.

I'm loving Reach, but I don't know if it's just people quitting despite the temp ban or the one strike betrayal boot option, it seems like most of the Team Slayer games I've been have ended with less than the players it began with. It's really annoying. I don't remember quitting being this bad in Halo 3

got 100,000 cr in like half an hour doing this it takes dedication pizza and chocolate ice cream help to keep me entertained. As well as watching NFL football.

In like a week of doing this I will be at easily over 2Million.

I am considering rigging some type of LEGO machine to do this automatically for me.

Its a button press combo. Once you get the Air Strike gun whatever its called.

1. hold trigger fire boom
2. press start
3. Revert to last save? Press up YES
4. Press A.
Repeat process start with 1. again.

Very simple button combo I can easily rigg a LEGO machine to do this none stop all day. I just need to figure out a Pause in between #1. and #2. so the enemies can be killed.

I have to milk this ASAP before Bungie patches it. My guess is anyone with ALL the Armor effects Unlocked will get banned. They have crunched the numbers and figure it will be a couple months before anyone has even 1 Armor effect unlocked. Let alone ALL of them

Also a Blue or a Purple flame Helmet is set to be DLC. Its has not been officially announce but it leaked out in Game informed or GAMEPRO or EGM forgot which one, but you can easily see a guy with a Purple flame helmet.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I'm loving Reach, but I don't know if it's just people quitting despite the temp ban or the one strike betrayal boot option, it seems like most of the Team Slayer games I've been have ended with less than the players it began with. It's really annoying. I don't remember quitting being this bad in Halo 3[/QUOTE]
Its really bad in Reach, which means you should always roll with a competent crew or atleast one friend whos got your back in multiplayer. If someone quits on your team then atleast you and your friend can carry everyone else providing you're both good enough.

@ mryoutube you're just spoiling the experience for yourself by farming credits. also once you run out of commendations for campaign your credit count will drop to next to nothing. I ran into a group of credit farmers today in matchmaking, needless to say they got stomped on by my team. Focus more on matchmaking rather then quick credits.

I think I've lost hope for any/all of the Halo Reach online community after going 47-0 on Hemorrage with the tank, only to be betrayed by two fucking idiots for no reason whatsoever minutes before the game ended. My tank didn't even have a scratch on it before they dicked me over - which, in and of itself, is an amazing feat (to have a tank last 10+ minutes on that map).

For those with Bungie Pro (or those who are bored enough to watch), the two videos are here and here.

Thanks Bungie! These are the types of idiots that you've been catering to since Halo 3 :cool:

[quote name='MrYouTube']got 100,000 cr in like half an hour doing this it takes dedication pizza and chocolate ice cream help to keep me entertained. As well as watching NFL football.

In like a week of doing this I will be at easily over 2Million.

I am considering rigging some type of LEGO machine to do this automatically for me.

Its a button press combo. Once you get the Air Strike gun whatever its called.

1. hold trigger fire boom
2. press start
3. Revert to last save? Press up YES
4. Press A.
Repeat process start with 1. again.

Very simple button combo I can easily rigg a LEGO machine to do this none stop all day. I just need to figure out a Pause in between #1. and #2. so the enemies can be killed.

I have to milk this ASAP before Bungie patches it. My guess is anyone with ALL the Armor effects Unlocked will get banned. They have crunched the numbers and figure it will be a couple months before anyone has even 1 Armor effect unlocked. Let alone ALL of them

Also a Blue or a Purple flame Helmet is set to be DLC. Its has not been officially announce but it leaked out in Game informed or GAMEPRO or EGM forgot which one, but you can easily see a guy with a Purple flame helmet.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about that ONI sword base shit? I did it for like half an hour, capped out most of the related commendations, the other 2-3 need a long time to complete. I'm at the point where the kills = zero cR and only unlocking a commendation works. I did not get anywhere near 100k for doing it. What the fuck? I know I did it right because I was getting 18+ kills per 3 second revert to save.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I think I've lost hope for any/all of the Halo Reach online community after going 47-0 on Hemorrage with the tank, only to be betrayed by two fucking idiots for no reason whatsoever minutes before the game ended. My tank didn't even have a scratch on it before they dicked me over - which, in and of itself, is an amazing feat (to have a tank last 10+ minutes on that map).

For those with Bungie Pro (or those who are bored enough to watch), the two videos are here and here.

Thanks Bungie! These are the types of idiots that you've been catering to since Halo 3 :cool:[/QUOTE]
Damn man where do you find these bad opponents, lol the entire enemy team was way in the negatives. Sucks about the 2 betrayals, but you definitely lucked into a really bad opposing team.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Damn man where do you find these bad opponents, lol the entire enemy team was way in the negatives. Sucks about the 2 betrayals, but you definitely lucked into a really bad opposing team.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I love how tanks are pretty easy to kill. Well not extremely easy, sure they're a hard time sometimes, but the fact that you can use invisibility when you want makes it so much easier. These two tanks were destroying us, they're focusing on spawn killing everyone, so they don't notice the radar. I sneak up on one of them, board and plant the nade, and as the other tank moves to shoot me, a teammate ninjarides up to it with a Mongoose and boards him too. It was beautiful. I remember in Coagulation if they got your tank and had theirs; you were pretty much fucked.

[quote name='MrYouTube']got 100,000 cr in like half an hour doing this it takes dedication pizza and chocolate ice cream help to keep me entertained. As well as watching NFL football.

In like a week of doing this I will be at easily over 2Million. [/QUOTE]

If the daily credit cap is at around 120,000 and you do this for about 40 minutes a day it will actually take you about 17 days and will total about 10 hours of time.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Damn man where do you find these bad opponents, lol the entire enemy team was way in the negatives. Sucks about the 2 betrayals, but you definitely lucked into a really bad opposing team.[/QUOTE]
They weren't that bad, honestly. They just couldn't even get close to my tank and two of my friends did really well that game on foot. Their K/D ratios went south after they continuously sent Ghosts and Warthogs one at a time towards me and got demolished.

However, the post wasn't as much about the ridiculous amount of kills as it was about the two fucking idiots on my team who thrive off of ruining other people's fun. Garbage like that - along with other instances of me picking up a sniper rifle and getting pistoled by a teammate who wanted it, etc. - is almost enough to make me stop playing.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Yeah, I love how tanks are pretty easy to kill. Well not extremely easy, sure they're a hard time sometimes, but the fact that you can use invisibility when you want makes it so much easier. These two tanks were destroying us, they're focusing on spawn killing everyone, so they don't notice the radar. I sneak up on one of them, board and plant the nade, and as the other tank moves to shoot me, a teammate ninjarides up to it with a Mongoose and boards him too. It was beautiful. I remember in Coagulation if they got your tank and had theirs; you were pretty much fucked.[/QUOTE]
Exactly good teamwork and strategy trumps opposing team even if they're in a tank. Except some people can't seem to grasp that concept and just willingly run up to the tank only to get blown away.

@ xecutioner yeah I know man you had good teammates around you who actually defend themselves and your tank when they needed to. as for the betrayals, it seems the halo community hates anyone who is about to get a perfection or no deaths, so they must take it upon themselves to mark you with a death. It seems that only Halo is guilty of this, cause I had it happen to myself on Halo 3 and also to a buddy of mine on Halo 3 as well. Got 15 kills in a row in a hog and a moron on my team blew him up with rockets. Completely random, and it definitely ruins your fun. Did you at least get the satisfaction of booting them?

IIRC Bungie has banned/cR reset people for using a modded controller or similar setup for farming ONI base's target designator.

I will look for the post...

EDIT: I know Bungie said in the weekly update if you played/farm a gametype as long as you were legit they wouldn't ban you.

Here is a post on x360.org about a modded controller setup

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Exactly good teamwork and strategy trumps opposing team even if they're in a tank. Except some people can't seem to grasp that concept and just willingly run up to the tank only to get blown away.

[/QUOTE]

I have seen plenty of situations where the tank is just in a spot where its too hard to get to. Some of that is poor spawning but the scorpion is still a problem without more anti tank weapons.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']They weren't that bad, honestly. They just couldn't even get close to my tank and two of my friends did really well that game on foot. Their K/D ratios went south after they continuously sent Ghosts and Warthogs one at a time towards me and got demolished.

However, the post wasn't as much about the ridiculous amount of kills as it was about the two fucking idiots on my team who thrive off of ruining other people's fun. Garbage like that - along with other instances of me picking up a sniper rifle and getting pistoled by a teammate who wanted it, etc. - is almost enough to make me stop playing.[/QUOTE]

Times like those are when I'm glad Betrayal-boot is so easy now.. the downside is Rocket Firefight.. I've had SO MANY PEOPLE JETPACK INTO ROCKETS/LAND AS ONE'S ABOUT TO HIT.. grr... it's annoying.

So, anyone else having an insanely difficult time with "If they came to hear me beg...?" I have over 150 death attempts on this achievement and no matter how high I cancel the sprint (way higher than any video I've seen), it will not count the assassination for the achievement; and yet when I miss the elite and fall straight down I ALWAYS die, so why doesn't think I'm high enough to die when I hit the elite? I've completely lost patience with this achievement and it's the only one I need other than Lt. Colonel.

Is it possible to give someone login info to sign into your Xbox Live account on another Xbox and do it for you? I'm this frustrated.

[quote name='Thorgouge']So, anyone else having an insanely difficult time with "If they came to hear me beg...?" I have over 150 death attempts on this achievement and no matter how high I cancel the sprint (way higher than any video I've seen), it will not count the assassination for the achievement; and yet when I miss the elite and fall straight down I ALWAYS die, so why doesn't think I'm high enough to die when I hit the elite? I've completely lost patience with this achievement and it's the only one I need other than Lt. Colonel.

Is it possible to give someone login info to sign into your Xbox Live account on another Xbox and do it for you? I'm this frustrated.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I spent a good 60-90 minutes doing that one. I really don't know at exactly which you point you have to disable sprint (I tried right at the peak of my jump), but I just kept trying until it eventually popped. That's really all I can suggest. You just gotta keep trying.

What made it more bearable was the daily challenge to kill 100 grunts in the campaign. If I did the assassination or missed and lived, I would just kill the 6 in the area and try again. Managed to complete the challenge and getting the achievement was just icing on the cake.

I wouldn't give out your XBL account information though. Even though this is CAG and there are many trustworthy folks here, I still wouldn't give out that information. Just to be safe.

[quote name='MrYouTube']Hey guys, look how cool I am with exploits.[/QUOTE]

Why play the game when you can use lame tactics, right?

I know that's why I paid 65 bucks for my copy. Just play the damn game and stop ruining it for yourself.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Yeah I spent a good 60-90 minutes doing that one. I really don't know at exactly which you point you have to disable sprint (I tried right at the peak of my jump), but I just kept trying until it eventually popped. That's really all I can suggest. You just gotta keep trying.

What made it more bearable was the daily challenge to kill 100 grunts in the campaign. If I did the assassination or missed and lived, I would just kill the 6 in the area and try again. Managed to complete the challenge and getting the achievement was just icing on the cake.

I wouldn't give out your XBL account information though. Even though this is CAG and there are many trustworthy folks here, I still wouldn't give out that information. Just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I guess just doing it over and over until the fucker finally pops is the only solution. The person I'd share my info with would be a friend I've known for like 4+ years, obviously not someone on an internet forum :p

the cliff assassination is a lot of luck and timing. I my buddies who got it after about an hour explained it to me and I did it in much less than than I'd prefer to boast about. I ran into the same problem, assassinating the elite and not getting the achievement. Whatever the case maybe, turning off your Sprint before you land seems to be part of the process.

[quote name='yankeessuck']I hope they dont do anymore grenade launcher challenges. It really might be the worst weapon in the game.[/QUOTE]

the grenade launcher is misunderstood, it will 1 shot kill most anything or anyone if you hit them center mass in MP. I actually liked the challenge since it forced me to figure out how you use it properly, now I love the wpn. besides, the challenge was kill what...10 enemies in FF? seriously that's barely the 1st wave of grunts.

[quote name='100xp']the grenade launcher is misunderstood, it will 1 shot kill most anything or anyone if you hit them center mass in MP. I actually liked the challenge since it forced me to figure out how you use it properly, now I love the wpn. besides, the challenge was kill what...10 enemies in FF? seriously that's barely the 1st wave of grunts.[/QUOTE]

This. A lot of people don't know it has secondary fire. If you hold the trigger, it will not explode until you let go of the trigger. Nice way to set up traps.

Has anyone had any issues lately with friends on the menu not showing their ranks? It used to show them all, but lately it doesnt and i have to highlight them to have their ranks load. Then later when i go back they are gone again. They just have a -- instead of their rank icon.

Well here is an updated picture of my spartan.

reach3529108medium.jpg

Yeah i made it to Lt. Colonel, been playing the hell out of this game. From now on no more gruntpocalypse for me. I got what i wanted, now ill just play for fun. Bought the black visor, and kat robot arm. One cool thing i unlocked was the Emile helmet, and you can change the color of the visor too, while the skull stays white. But you cant buy it until you are a commander. I think it was 75,000 credits.

bread's done
Back