Halo: Reach

[quote name='RedvsBlue']

Anyone checked out today's daily challenges? Most of them are pretty easy and can be accomplished pretty quickly. Personally, I spent about an hour and a half playing 2 matches of firefight and a little bit of campaign and got 3 of them.[/QUOTE]

I was just looking at the weekly as well.

Not in the Face
Complete any Campaign mission on Heroic in 30 minutes with Black Eye on.

Seems like it might be easy enough. Any thoughts on which mission to try? I haven't gotten any weekly challenges yet but I certainly have a half hour to spare.

[quote name='Machikunas']I was just looking at the weekly as well.

Not in the Face

Seems like it might be easy enough. Any thoughts on which mission to try? I haven't gotten any weekly challenges yet but I certainly have a half hour to spare.[/QUOTE]

How about 5 minutes to spare?

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4114184&player=I The Tyrant I

Watch and enjoy

Not in the Face - 4000 cR

--
Winter Cont. and Nightfall are both missions that can be completed with little resistance. Both missions also have "short cuts" where the player can bypass encounters with the enemy almost entirely if not completely. Nightfall if done right can be comepleted in around 5 mins, Winter Cont. a bit longer. Winter Cont. is also a good co-op mission to complete with Iron since the check points don't glitch in co-op as Nightfall can at one particular location.

In other news:
I got my first recognized extermination last night. The one in SWAT was an overkill but I guess one guy respawned before I popped his buddy in the head. Team Slayer Pro, w/1 stickie and a headshot ftw. (i'm very pleased with myself) hee hee.

I got the easiest extermination recently. During a game of Crazy King, all four guys on the other team all stood in the hill. I had the rocket launcher, so you can figure out what happened.

Yeah, I tried the Nightfall thing last week and spent 15 minutes on the forklift/wall, pretty much making the 5 minute endeavor pointless. Never did get it to work. Dropped out and did Winter C. instead.

[quote name='Sway']Attempted the forklift exit through the wall trick but for the life of me can't do it. Any tips/tricks to it?[/QUOTE]

Park the cab of the forklift as close to the middle of the door as possible

I just read on Bungie.net that Breakpoint Invasion has been added to the DLC playlist. I may finally get to actually play on it! :p Just in time too, got my double kill from the grave tonight and I only have the Breakpoint achievement left.

Achievements , gamerscore.. etc. Sounds like playing video games has become a job.

I'm back playing xbox live after a few years off and picked up a 360 and reach.

Question. Is it common to be partnered up with gamers that have more than one player with them on their xbox?

I seem to be getting partnered up quite frequently with gamers that have 2 or 3 people playing with them on their xbox.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I just read on Bungie.net that Breakpoint Invasion has been added to the DLC playlist. I may finally get to actually play on it! :p Just in time too, got my double kill from the grave tonight and I only have the Breakpoint achievement left.[/QUOTE]

I played last night and It was the first game that I got in. Now all I have to do is get the stockpile achievement which is ridiculous to me right now for 2 reasons.

1. getting it to come up in the playlist(maybe im doing it wrong by choosing the dlc playlist)
2. and when I do get it, actually having my whole team actually play the game and not drop out.

Other than that I can honestly say I feel like these achievements are a whole lot easier overall than Halo 3's dlc achievements. Plus as a whole I can say I do like this game much more than Halo 3 overall

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']
Other than that I can honestly say I feel like these achievements are a whole lot easier overall than Halo 3's dlc achievements. Plus as a whole I can say I do like this game much more than Halo 3 overall[/QUOTE]

studies have shown games with easy to unlock achievements sell better. Halo 3's are still very difficult to get even for ppl who play MM all the time.

[quote name='100xp']studies have shown games with easy to unlock achievements sell better. Halo 3's are still very difficult to get even for ppl who play MM all the time.[/QUOTE]

IDK, Halo 3 was pretty easy achievement wise. The hardest one was the two for one laser kill in Lone Wolves. I did not even get it by the definition of the achievement. I lased some dude and used the mauler/beat down combo for a double kill and it gave it to me.

Reach does not come close to being hard at all.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']I played last night and It was the first game that I got in. Now all I have to do is get the stockpile achievement which is ridiculous to me right now for 2 reasons.

1. getting it to come up in the playlist(maybe im doing it wrong by choosing the dlc playlist)
2. and when I do get it, actually having my whole team actually play the game and not drop out.

Other than that I can honestly say I feel like these achievements are a whole lot easier overall than Halo 3's dlc achievements. Plus as a whole I can say I do like this game much more than Halo 3 overall[/QUOTE]

For stockpile just play team objective.

@fatman - sadly, 99% of my games on H3 were splitscreen on my friend's xbox so I never got credit for anything...but they had bungie employee achievements, the 7th thing that only happened like once every thursday of the 13th month when a baby was born at 6 lbs 9 ounces, and a bunch of other multi type kills with the mongoose etc. very difficult for the casual player but not impossible of course.

Mortal Kombat vs. DCU is hard...but Midway RIP has always made things like that retarded.

[quote name='100xp']@fatman - sadly, 99% of my games on H3 were splitscreen on my friend's xbox so I never got credit for anything...but they had bungie employee achievements, the 7th thing that only happened like once every thursday of the 13th month when a baby was born at 6 lbs 9 ounces, and a bunch of other multi type kills with the mongoose etc. very difficult for the casual player but not impossible of course.

Mortal Kombat vs. DCU is hard...but Midway RIP has always made things like that retarded.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel ya man, sucks not being able to play and get the achievements too. Yeah fuck MK vs. DCU, that shit was too hard. The first 5 or 6 guys are easy and then next are so fucking hard, made me rage quite a bit.

@fatman - lol, my mild perturbation was with the achievements that required you to play every character's challenges and complete them. F-dat...as if SSFIV's wasn't hard enough.

[quote name='100xp']studies have shown games with easy to unlock achievements sell better. Halo 3's are still very difficult to get even for ppl who play MM all the time.[/QUOTE]

I agree but Halo 3 was also a system seller so some of those achievements are so-so. I do need to go back and finish the Halo 3 and Halo:ODST achievements out because I do want my Halo Waypoint score to be at least level 50 for the avatar award. (I have Halo Wars I just never opened it yet)

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']IDK, Halo 3 was pretty easy achievement wise. The hardest one was the two for one laser kill in Lone Wolves. I did not even get it by the definition of the achievement. I lased some dude and used the mauler/beat down combo for a double kill and it gave it to me.

Reach does not come close to being hard at all.[/QUOTE]

Reach is a cross between easy/glitchy/and dedication

easy for many achievements,
glitchy for that ************** If they came to hear me beg achievement
and dedicated for the rank achievements. I wonder what the next achievements will look like for the next dlc

[quote name='DomLando']For stockpile just play team objective.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

@Darkkenpachi - my guess is the next batch of achievements aside from being DLC related could be completing a certain number of dailies and weekly challenges. In the halo tradition 117 daily challenges would seem something bungie would do. Funny thing is, I borrowed H3 from my buddy the other night so I could get the pink mist achievement (for waypoint) and I beat the 1st mission at 1:17 am. I chuckled a bit while the cut scene was playing. cool story bro I know...haha.

I'm trying to play Halo Wars but I still don't like the wonky controls after playing RTS on the PC for so long.

[quote name='100xp']@Darkkenpachi - my guess is the next batch of achievements aside from being DLC related could be completing a certain number of dailies and weekly challenges. In the halo tradition 117 daily challenges would seem something bungie would do. Funny thing is, I borrowed H3 from my buddy the other night so I could get the pink mist achievement (for waypoint) and I beat the 1st mission at 1:17 am. I chuckled a bit while the cut scene was playing. cool story bro I know...haha.

I'm trying to play Halo Wars but I still don't like the wonky controls after playing RTS on the PC for so long.[/QUOTE]

Those sound very feasible. I think they will have some more vidmaster ones sooner or later. lol @pink mist achievement.

Most of the achievements I have left for H3 are all specific weapon/board related and the metagame ones

I haven't played Halo Wars yet or even the demo. Does it control similar to Command and conquer on the ps?

Last edited by a moderator:
@DarkKenpachi - I haven't played C&C on the PS, Halo Wars is spamming the X button for moving your units. You can select local units (on screen) or all units (entire map) and make them go to your X location. then you can trigger/tab through different types of units etc. I basically end up just building 2 types of units and just sending them to where the fight is and hope my defenses and units in que can defend the base from attacks. Yeah, not a fan of the controls. I would get it for PC if they made it for GFWL. Really the only draw to Halo Wars is, that it's Halo and the achievements help your vidmaster challenge milestone score.

F I R E F I G H T!

Nice break from all the MM dailies, I love MM but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to try and actively knocking them out. I'm not thrilled there is another FF assist challenge but I've found that it's pretty easy to get on Outpost with Mythic on. Covi walks up the steps to the middle base, one guy swords or bashes, the other guy rockets/snipes/swords or bashes.

Finally broke down and bought the Gungnir helmet after contemplating pestilance for so long. Couldn't be happier. Gungnir aside from making you look more like a mech/landmate/robotech whatever squashes any temptation of buying any other visor color than the one you already have (bought) hee hee.

How's the MLG playlist? I heard they made melee bashes take 3 hits to kill you so no more double bash sprint.

[quote name='100xp']F I R E F I G H T!

Nice break from all the MM dailies, I love MM but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to try and actively knocking them out. [/QUOTE]

Yesterday was a breath of fresh air and I'm with you on MM. It's one thing to throw down and just play some MM for a couple hours and another to try and commit to 150+ kills and the like.

Todays are a good mix. Two MM ones (10 assists and 15 kills) which is pretty easy on Invasion. One campaign one (did they fix the Hornet on WC?) and after that I did one Firefight game(I like the new-ish 2 round thing) to clean up on 250 kills. About 90 minutes total for a cool 8600 for the dailies. Probably closer to 20k with the slot, commendations and just playing.

Anyone ever hear what happened to the idlers?

there's been buzz about idlers/afkers getting cR banned. not sure exactly what punishment they got for idling but enough for them to make a big stink about it. oddly enough it's very common with higher ranked players, I suppose when you reach general and field marshall you can't be bothered to make an effort anymore.

[quote name='Corvin']Yesterday was a breath of fresh air and I'm with you on MM. It's one thing to throw down and just play some MM for a couple hours and another to try and commit to 150+ kills and the like.

Todays are a good mix. Two MM ones (10 assists and 15 kills) which is pretty easy on Invasion. One campaign one (did they fix the Hornet on WC?) and after that I did one Firefight game(I like the new-ish 2 round thing) to clean up on 250 kills. About 90 minutes total for a cool 8600 for the dailies. Probably closer to 20k with the slot, commendations and just playing.

Anyone ever hear what happened to the idlers?[/QUOTE]

I think all boosting except full party boosting with no idle players, can get you banned.

idle full party boosting is bannable now, i.e. no one can just sit and spin on the guest controllers. everyone in the party has to be trying to make an effort to do something. so if you have a lot of siblings, cooperative family members, neighbors, or a dog with opposable thumbs full party boosting isn't what it used to be.

as for double exp weekends and griffball...nothing yet, the game is only a few months old and if anything cR gain is a problem that doesn't need more incentive to earn. the unannounced rumor is the 60,000 cR cap has been raised to somewhere around 100,000 - 120,000 cR.

that is all.

[quote name='Littlefields']I know I'm a bit late, but are the new maps worth it?[/QUOTE]

yes. it's 800 points, you know it's not going on sale for a long time anyway so why not expand your Reach experience. They even have their own DLC playlist.

also consider that without the DLC you're missing out on playing with another part of the halo community. (granted some of them are complete idiots, but there's some good ones too)

I find myself playing this game less often. I used to hit the cR cap daily, but not anymore. I don't know why, but playing Halo seems more like a chore to me now. I'm already satisfied with how my spartan looks (still need the haunted helmet ;D ). I don't really have anything to reach for anymore except the long march to the Mythic rank (I'm half way through Field Marshal). To keep the game interesting, I'm trying to earn at least 1 of every medal (15 laser kill spree is impossible). I want to get the DLC, but I'm holding off until I get my Microsoft Points from a Xbox.com promotion, signing up for some newsletter.

[quote name='popular penguin']Can...not...comprehend.[/QUOTE]
I agree, I don't understand why people think they've truly finished a game just because they have every achievement.

Played some FF yesterday and today and it was odd trying to vie for points given that all four players were actually playing. lol

[quote name='Corvin']Played some FF yesterday and today and it was odd trying to vie for points given that all four players were actually playing. lol[/QUOTE]

I still get the occasional AFKer but it's definitely fun again. I just wish they'd give you the option to start FF with a set number of players. For me, the more people participating, the better so I'd want a full team of 4 but tonight I got 2 games where I was just on a team with one other person.

Seems like the new AFK/Idler practice is...idle for 90% of the match, then run around at the very end when the other team need 3-4 more kills to win and fire off a few shots hopefully earning a medal or two. Saw this today. Hopefully it doesn't become more popular.

-

all I need now is for the majority to vote for Rocket Race and pop someone and I'll be 100% again.

Did you guys notice that there is a mistake in the emblem creation? When you go through the different backgrounds, pay close attention. Don't you think background #16 and #43 are a little...similar?

Minds will be blown D:

Finally hit Lt. Col. Put it on Goozex for a 1000 point instant trade.

Can't complain. Paid $60, got $20 amazon gaming credit, 70+ hours of gaming and just got $50 worth of Goozex points!

[quote name='Corvin']I'm 30k from hitting Col. and can't put the game down. Bungie has me hook, line and sinker with these challenges.[/QUOTE]

It's a good system they have.

Hit Brigadier yesterday, got my Masterchief helmet too.

God the daily challenges this week have all been so easy. Got them all last night in the span of like 1.5-2 hours maybe. The weekly challenge isn't too bad this week either. I played the shit out of this before I left to study abroad so I have a bit of catching up to do. Hoping to get to captain by the end of the weekend and finish up the last 3 missions on Legendary solo. Then only the Lt Col achievement is left for the 1250. :D

amazing...still running into the new idling tradition of being idle for most of the game, then coming out strong 3-4 kills before the other team wins.

Anyone buy Pestilence yet? I had enough for it before but got bored with the pilot helmet during my service as a brig and got the Gungnir. The ladies like mr. roboto, I'm close to having 1 million again but that Security helmet is calling me.

for those who haven't seen the Gungnir worn in campaign and was wondering what it looks like at the beginning when everything is glassed...yeah, same thing except the teeny tiny visor is what's burned out.

[quote name='100xp']amazing...still running into the new idling tradition of being idle for most of the game, then coming out strong 3-4 kills before the other team wins.

Anyone buy Pestilence yet? I had enough for it before but got bored with the pilot helmet during my service as a brig and got the Gungnir. The ladies like mr. roboto, I'm close to having 1 million again but that Security helmet is calling me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just ran into those "last minute kills" people. Funny thing is that I left negative feedback on that guy weeks ago and yet I still get paired up with him >:3

Buy Pestilence. The security helmet blows. Armor Effect > anything. You would cooler with Pestilence, rather than some helmet. I actually wish I didn't blow all my cR on armor I don't use and have got Pestilence. Subtle cloud effect, little flys, and driping slime? Why wouldn't you get it?!

@p_penguin - hahaha, the main reason why I didn't get pestilence when I had enough for it was, it just seemed too early to have a pricey armor effect. i.e. while celebratory t-bagging is funny/welcome/annoying at times most cases of anyone with pestilance and IW were getting t-bagged and betrayed by their own hateration teammates. so...I just bought gungnir and both security pads to give myself a buffer time.

I'm close to getting it again, and probably will. Sadly armor effects don't show up in cut scenes.

Not sure why avoided players are still getting mixed into your games, I suppose the priority level starts to sink when there's less ppl to match up with based on your psyche preferences. I actually don't submit reviews on idlers because I figure the more times they play idle, the more chances the banhammer will strike them...although it didn't help me at all trying to get 10 wins.

I managed to play a game where three of us had different armor effects:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=11206721&player=Popular%20Penguin
I'm the "hot" one on the left (a pun, LOL!)

bread's done
Back