Halo: Reach

a reminder, a kill with the plasma sword counts as 2 close quarter combat kills. Infection is a good playlist to try and get the 7 in one match.

This week, I played Team Slayer for my first time EVER and its littered with...noobs. I thought I would get paired with pros because of my trueskill rank, but I never went against more than one at a time. I managed to get my second Perfection medal last night. I could have got three, but I made the opposing team quit :3

I really like the infection gametype, but the betrayal glitch is killing me. I keep getting booted when I have done nothing wrong. >=(

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Whoa... I just got ~7800 cR from the slot machine after an Invasion Slayer match.[/QUOTE]

damn you guile! *shakes fist* :bomb:
I think never quit a game and I have yet to win more than 777.

I think 777 is my max too and I've never quit either.

Well, I wonder if quitting a G-poc game counts against you even though you are solo. I have done that 2-3 times, but not recently.

How are the challenges today? I got all of yesterdays done last night in like 30 minutes. :D

EDIT: Guess I could go check bungie.net for that... :wall:... but I am lazy ;)

I'd say they're easily doable in an hour. 150 kills any mode, 10 multikills in a firefight game, 1 revenge, 4 sticky kills in one game. Basically one game of G-poc and however many multiplayer games it would take (with one of them being Slayer Pro so you start with stickies).

I got a slot machine win two days ago of 7864. I was like :O anyway today's challenges are easy as whatever. I got either 4 or 5 more levels to finish on Heroic so I am just playing through the game again and if I get crunched for time I will run through the first board again a few times.

Sometimes I wonder when Bungie says something their interpretation is completely misunderstood. Yes, if you quit less games your chances of winning a slot machine jackpot are increased...of course because you don't get game completion or slot machine if you quit. I suppose most ppl including myself thought it meant there was some cumulative % chance that the more games you complete the highter your chances are to win that jackpot. After my friends and I haven't quit over hundreds of games between us and have yet to earn more than 777+ that theory seems to be incorrect. Not that winning a jackpot at the upper echelon of ranks is going to make much of an impact on your grind but it would be nice to win once in a while...though I'd be happy winning triple digits more often. Til then, the jackpot is still a white buffalo.

New FF idle tools...

They idle and hide for most of the round then make a small contribution by killing one or two targets then go back to idle mode. Then during the bonus round they actually play the game as if they weren't trying to mooch off other players. This is becoming more and more common. Honestly I'd prefer they just remain idle the entire 3 rounds so my buddy and I can just rack up the points than try to appear they are making an effort.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I really like the infection gametype, but the betrayal glitch is killing me. I keep getting booted when I have done nothing wrong. >=([/QUOTE]

And then there's me who played Team Slayer, and got two VERY OBVIOUS betrayals with grenades (I threw grenades at an enemy while a team mate was engaged).

Ironically, the enemy got credit both times, for the kill...

Also, only been playing Reach for over a week... What the hell is with people idling?!? It's so goddamn retarded. That and the lag that comes with most games (especially Firefight, which makes no sense with ~4 people playing).

Those are like the only complaints I have with Reach vs Black Ops. I can't stand 'idling', and latency seemed more balanced in Black Ops.

If I don't buy Reach (it's a GF rental), I'll have it until mid January. Anyone can feel free to add me, but I'm sticking to campaign and FF for the most part as I can't stand the jackassery that comes with playing online. (especially overwhelming splitscreen votes for the more stupid game types)

I also still need to do the campaign on Legendary, but the people who were like "GET REACH NOW!!" on my friend list appear to have completely stopped playing it. Don't really like Legendary solo, so...

[quote name='Rhett']I also still need to do the campaign on Legendary, but the people who were like "GET REACH NOW!!" on my friend list appear to have completely stopped playing it. Don't really like Legendary solo, so...[/QUOTE]
As do I. Add me if you're down for some four player legendary campaign.

So I got two quitters and an idler in FF tonight. Yea! Since we were on Sniper Attack with infinite ammo I grabbed a Fuel Rod Gun and kept unloading it into the idler. Apparently the constant controller vibration annoying enough to get him to move around to try and dodge me. lol Not enough to actually play, but it was fun to unload on him a good handful of times.

Then he decides to come out on the final wave to get the Elite challenge done but since I still had the FRG compared to his sniper I wiped them out before he could get his kills.

Left all three of them feedback. fuckers.

[quote name='lmz00']As do I. Add me if you're down for some four player legendary campaign.[/QUOTE]
Me too! I still need everything from Tip of the Spear on in Legendary.

strange...I never noticed this before but there aren't any Drones in FF. I haven't tried to make a custom FF game so I don't know if you can include them not that it would make any difference. As the skirmishers weren't a pain in the butt enough, it would be a good addition. Flying out of the phantom while the rest dropped to the ground or even a drop pod releasing a swarm of them. Imagine a bonus round of just Drones? haha.

anyone figure out what a Hunter kill counts as for commendations? besides getting a tick for the wpn in which you killed it? I was hoping it counted as killing a vehicle but I tried to check and it didn't seem like it counted...my guess it falls into the same void as the absent close quarters combat commendation for FF and Campaign.

1st game, knocked out the 12 kills and 2 double kills in TS...12 games & 3 hours later (time sure does fly when you're emptying clips) I managed to mop up the rest. Sometimes assists just don't happen often enough.

GL today with the challenges and Happy New Year spartans.

Added Imz00 and Ryuukishi.

Also, I keep hearing about Mythic Score Attack, but it never comes up for me... is there some requirement, or did they already remove it?

[quote name='Rhett']Added Imz00 and Ryuukishi.

Also, I keep hearing about Mythic Score Attack, but it never comes up for me... is there some requirement, or did they already remove it?[/QUOTE]

This is in the solo Score Attack mode.

Choice 1: Score Attack
Choice 2: Gruntpocalypse
Choice 3: Sniperfight or Mythic Attack

Should come up regularly. In MM FF, instead of Gruntpocalypse you get Generator Defense (abbrv'd Gen Defense which apparently some ppl pick because they think it means "general" defense) and I haven't seen Mythic Attack in MM FF ever. Only Sniper or Rocket fight.

-

Some dolt bag in TS today apparently wasn't happy with my early game performance proceeded to follow me everywhere and empty his clip into my spartan. I thought the 1st betrayal was because he was a hater for me having Pestilence but I was wrong. In the end, we lost of course 5v3 is never good odds except in SWAT...then after the post game recap I got the followup message from noobsauce. Funny...he questioned my high rank status and my inability to play the game called Reach, that I should stop playing Team Slayer because I'm bad at it. lol...I told him (he left a voice msg I never do that) that he failed to grasp the concept of "team" and he should play Rumble Pit instead. Then something about him being noob sauce.

I fear that in a few months I would have encountered so many idiots that my avoid list will reach it's cap (if there's even a cap for that thing) and MM will result in 10 minute player searches. Wonders never cease.

In other news: Very pleased with the weekly challenge.

[quote name='DomLando']Where is the best place to get the 200 Grunt kills in Campaign Challenge?[/QUOTE]

Try using the defend evac zone, before you go for the heli ride to the base where Kat and Emile are, on Winter Contindency. After you kill the last set of grunts, restart to the last save and rinse and repeat till you got it.

[quote name='DomLando']Where is the best place to get the 200 Grunt kills in Campaign Challenge?[/QUOTE]

you could also try Nightfall on the cliff where you look down to 3 sleeping grunts and kill them with a grenade toss. there's a checkpoint right there and if you can make it so you can blindly throw you grenade and kill 3 everytime. tedious but it gets the job done with the least amount of effort + you get multikills, fodder, and grenade commendations.

Can someone confirm something for me? I think I know the answer but I want to be sure.

I know some DLC (map packs, like the noble pack) is tied to your console, but what about the spartan helmet code (for pre orders) or flaming helmets (legendary). Are those tied to your console as well (so everyone logged into the console can get it) or is it tied to your account, like avatar items? I'm assuming its the latter but wanted to make sure.

Thanks.

As mentioned the drop zone at the end of Winter Contingency is solid. Just playing through WC normal nets you about 100, then you can die at the DZ and keep getting a couple dozen at a time.

[quote name='Rhett']Added Imz00 and Ryuukishi.[/QUOTE]
I'm planning to play a little Legendary campaign tonight with a friend (who's actually good, so he'll pretty much be towing me along :) ), so if I see either of you guys online I'll send an invite. My mic has been on the fritz lately so I'll probably be able to hear you but not speak.

Someone please explain why I can't use Firefight maps for Custom games? I really don't get why they went through the effort of making maps and then limiting them to one gametype.

[quote name='hufferstl']Someone please explain why I can't use Firefight maps for Custom games? I really don't get why they went through the effort of making maps and then limiting them to one gametype.[/QUOTE]

it's possible the FF maps are not balanced for competitive play due to layout, spawn points, etc. other than that...possible it's just something they didn't want to allow it (yet).

What is the fucking deal with people destroying my wraith during FF? Two games in a row I clearly have a stolen wraith and a "teammate" shoots it out from under me. Three god-damned times in the first game even! Playing with randoms is so infuriating; if it isn't idlers it's idiots like these two clowns.

selfish ppl destory what they cannot have. i feel your pain...I have assclowns throwing stickies on the banshee before I board it in invasion.

I had that happen the other day in the Wraith. fucking imbeciles.

If you are looking for vehicle kills for the FF commendation, you can rack them up on Beachhead-Score Attack. Grab the Ghost and go to town. It doesn't work so well on G-poc. Too many Fuel Rod toting Grunts.

I never had a problem with the fuel rod grunts necessarily. It's the freaking plasma grenades that always get to me.

there's also a warthog in Beachhead everything, drive it out...get into a nice spot, jump into the gunner seat and let those rockets fly. The ghost is nice but imo grunts are the most dangerous thing to fight against in the ghost. They evade, have grenades, fuel rod guns, overcharged plasma rounds and aimbot technology. Plus running them over can take a while resulting in the timer running out.

I just got 972, so it is possible to get more than 777.

Turned out to be a good night for slots. Got 900+ at least three times. Never really paid attention to it before I read the previous page.

Last edited by a moderator:
PLAYLISTS

Arena

• Added FFA Arena playlist, test your might in this 6-8 player Arena
  • Added Unanchored map variant to all Arena playlists
  • Players can now change their votes in Arena playlists
Community Slayer

• The first of several new community playlists
  • Unaltered maps made by you, the Halo community
  • Play and vote. Your voting data controls what rises into the ranks of official playlists!
Team Objective

• Cleaned up entries in the Team Objective playlist, we now offer the best of the best
MLG

• Maps updated to v2.1, this includes fixes to weapon spawn times
Team Slayer

• Adjusted weightings in response to voting data, default “Team Slayer” should now be available more often
MAPS

Asylum

• Added soft kill volumes to the rocks leading up to the ledge on the right side of the Red Base (AKA, Infection camping grounds)
  • Adjusted the placement of the large rock on the outside ledge of Red Sniper spawn
The Cage

• Added soft kill volumes to some lower areas outside of the intended playable space
Anchor 9

• Modified the size and shape of the center hill object to better fit the area in KOTH games
Breakpoint

• Reduced the radius of the safe haven in the greenhouse
GAMETYPES

Big Team Slayer

• Now 100 to win!
Elite Slayer

• Modified loadouts, Armor Lock is now accompanied by a Plasma Rifle instead of a Needler
Rocket Race

• Motion Tracker is now Enabled
  • Hud-widget for KPH is now in the bottom center
Powerups

• In gametypes built from the latest matchmaking variants, powerups should now function as they do in Forge
  • You’ll need to save off the latest game variants from your temporary history to take advantage of this!

No more armor lockers with needlers makes Elite Slayer so much better now. They did take away 1 plasma nade in your loadout which kinda sucks, but who cares. I have played a few Elite slayer games in multi-team and the gametype is pretty bad ass now.

Some really good challenges today worth 7500 credits.

I noticed the elite slayer change. While it sucks in a sense as that was always my loadout of choice, I admit it was probably overpowered and there is variety now in elite slayer which is never a bad thing.

I was surprised with the Elite Slayer change last night. It felt weird but the armor lock load out was too over powered. Now I will go back to Camo or adjust to another loadout.

The Community Maps are fun actually, because one of the two I played last night actually had the fuel rod gun on it and that is my favorite weapon period. There seems to be a lot of promise for this community map playlist

[quote name='100xp']They updated my Spartan![/QUOTE]

:(

Still nothing here. Still the same damn black/gray Spartan from release day.

[quote name='Corvin']:(

Still nothing here. Still the same damn black/gray Spartan from release day.[/QUOTE]

when there was a cR cap I used to keep my bungie net profile open so I could monitor how close I was...force of habit, I was playing with it open at the sametime they updated I suppose. Reach crashed on me yesterday during FF (for the first time), at the same time I noticed my spartan update. Not a bad trade off. So I'm guessing you need to be on when they do the random updating to get your profile to update as well.

[quote name='100xp']okay, I believe in slot machine Jackpots now. 3008 isn't 7777+ but it's sure is heck beats 777.[/QUOTE]

I think this update fixed the jackpot machine for good.

yeah, they say you get less for game completion which effects higher ranked players but slot machine cR rewards you triple digits more frequently making it better for lower ranked players. everyone on the team actually got 3008 in the slot machine, this was during a FF match too.

finally bought the Gungnir HU/RS attachment just to see the CBRN attachment that unlocks at Mythic and...I'm actually disappointed. I saw in screenshots what it looked like but the 3D rendered version of it when you pan out makes me want to spend 400,000 cR elsewhere. Maybe the full security helmet is the wtg...then I can be scuba steve.

[quote name='100xp'] So I'm guessing you need to be on when they do the random updating to get your profile to update as well.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... looks like I've finally been updated for the first time. Yea? lol

*edit - and hooray for easy challenges today. Nice set of 4 to cap off the weekly challenge. Cool 24k today. That'll be a nice bump towards my Col. Grade 3.

seems like it's updating as it should. I added an attachment and it's showing up. cool...totally, 4 easy dailies to cap the weekly.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I guess they don't like me[/QUOTE]

lol. all my buddies that play on the East coast that have a b.net account got their spartans updated so it might be regional.

[quote name='100xp']lol. all my buddies that play on the East coast that have a b.net account got their spartans updated so it might be regional.[/QUOTE]

I had my spartan updated yesterday but the other accounts in the house did not. Could possibly be because I am the only Bungie.net member though.

On a side note, tried community slayer today. I have to say that most people have to be way more creative than I am. I enjoyed the few maps I played on.

bread's done
Back