Halo: Reach

I agree about vanilla grifball being better. Evolved isn't bad, but it feels like it doesn't have that same quality or something. The only thing I wish is that vanilla grifball also had the custom maps.

Speaking of, is it just me, or are the maps in grifball evolved actually slightly bigger than the vanilla court?

[quote name='JStryke']
Speaking of, is it just me, or are the maps in grifball evolved actually slightly bigger than the vanilla court?[/QUOTE]

I would say most of the maps if not all are bigger, though concave, I think, is just longer not actually wider. But thats just what I think.

I think it just seems bigger since it's an open arena vs. a closed room with a ceiling.

I like Grifball Evolved, BTW. Took a few rounds to get used to, but I think it's more fun.

Anybody read the BWU?

Playlists

• Multi Team: As far as major playlist changes, the most notable is Multi Team which now features 4 teams of 3 instead of 6 teams of 2. Since Rocket Race doesn’t work with teams of 3, we’re upgrading you to Rocket Hog Race! We’ve also added 3 Ball to the lineup to replace the regular Oddball gametype.
  • Team SWAT: New gametype offerings are now available in the Team SWAT playlist. New gametypes include Oddball, Stockpile and 3 Plots.
  • Grifball: The Grifball playlist is returning for an extended stay as a Community playlist. We’ve updated to the latest gametypes and maps, as well as added the new maps Pinwheel and Oracle’s Revenge.
  • Community Slayer: The second round of Community Slayer is coming and with it comes 14 maps (10 new!) built by members of our very own Bungie community. Similar to the previous run, we’ll keep this playlist active for a couple weeks. Play, vote and let us know which your favorite Community maps are in the Optimatch forum!

I wonder how multi-team will be now. I play a lot of it and I don't think anything is wrong with that playlist except rocket race. Anyways, got to love Bungie for all the stuff they are adding. It's great to see they still care to bring us great gametypes and tweaks every month.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=30547

congrats - PP (work the final gungnir helmet attachment), I can't wait to say. "I...am..legend." which should be in about a week.

SWAT - team objective games just sound like a camping nightmare...you just sit and shoot ppl that are coming to advance the objective.

Multi-Team sounds cool...4 teams of 3 is a nice variation, while there might not have been anything wrong with 6, 2 man teams it lets more XBL parties to play more competitive matches against the masses.

I'm so anxious to see who or how many designs will win the birthday card bungie all star contest. Here's my entry.
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/Inline11/bwu_0203/allstars/Bungie_bday_card.jpg

They scaled it down to fit the window but Jun has a gilly Snuggie on and is tea bagging his tea.

I personally liked the chaos of 6 teams in multiteam, but oh well. For swat, plots and stockpile might be ok, but I think oddball is a disaster waiting to happen personally. But swat doesn't really scream "objective" to me.

Thanks man, I've been recognized in all the contests I've entered so far...but I really want to win this one. The "special gift" is what I must have and must know. The other entries that got featured are pretty strong though from both an artistic standpoint and design perspective.

Does the oddball carrier get shields or something? Seems kinda like the worst guy to be is the one holding the ball since he's not ready to shoot back. I can only predict utter destruction of teams who play against an organized team that only wants to play for frags.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Has anyone seen a video of a whole team using holograms synchronized? I think it would be effective on the Blood Gulch remake map. :p[/QUOTE]

This is some funny stuff. Great strategy really.

The bungie weekly update says that they updated some of the maps for skirmish gametypes. Does anyone know where I can find the updated maps to download. And is there any way to forge some of the firefight maps(courtyard, glacier, etc) to create a CTF custom map? I really hate that they made some maps that I can't play custom gametypes on...

[quote name='hufferstl']The bungie weekly update says that they updated some of the maps for skirmish gametypes. Does anyone know where I can find the updated maps to download. And is there any way to forge some of the firefight maps(courtyard, glacier, etc) to create a CTF custom map? I really hate that they made some maps that I can't play custom gametypes on...[/QUOTE]

The updated maps will come out tomorrow in the community playlist, until they reveal what user created maps they are using, idk which ones to download. I don't think you can forge FF maps, I am not 100 percent though. Maybe someone else can help you answer your question.

[quote name='100xp']I played w/this idle tool the other day. They seriously need to reload the banhammer and send one at this guy.

check that out...full party AFK fail, apparently even if you AFK for the whole match you can still be considered the leader.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=468036858&player=RUN THE BASES 8[/QUOTE]

I ran into a FF Booster a week or two ago. We both had mics on and the topic of "getting banned" popped up. He said that the "ban" he recieves is just a cR ban for a week. His rank is Noble, so he retained his rank and stats after the ban was lifted. I don't think that's much of a punishment. I was hoping the boosters would recieve a punishment similar to those who reseted their daily/weekly challenges, having their RANK and ARMOR reset. Bungie's approach to the AFKs in FF is simply slapping them on the wrist. I guess Bungie doesn't want to discourage people from playing their game.

[quote name='popular penguin']I ran into a FF Booster a week or two ago. We both had mics on and the topic of "getting banned" popped up. He said that the "ban" he recieves is just a cR ban for a week. His rank is Noble, so he retained his rank and stats after the ban was lifted. I don't think that's much of a punishment. I was hoping the boosters would recieve a punishment similar to those who reseted their daily/weekly challenges, having their RANK and ARMOR reset. Bungie's approach to the AFKs in FF is simply slapping them on the wrist. I guess Bungie doesn't want to discourage people from playing their game.[/QUOTE] That doesn't seem like much of a punishment to me either.. They handle things in a passive aggressive / reactionary manor. I'm not surprised they didn't do more than that.

I don't imagine ppl who AFK - FF would get a cR reset, still a cR ban for a week is something vs. nothing. *shrugs* Network manipulation on the other hand is certainly something that should be treated w/more severity. I've played against a party of ppl who simply blinked the entire match making it virtually impossible to win a skirmish when at medium to close range. That couldn't have just been coincidence.

whaddagonnado...you get to a point where cR doesn't matter, I am Legend now and the only thing left that I actually want is the black visor, everything else is really just for armory completion at this point.

@ - fatz, hopefully they'll put 2man multi-team back or put it on rotation 2v2/3v3/4v4 etc.

the revamp of the Cage cleverly named "uncaged" is a lot better. Most walls for bouncing grenades, seemless walkways & ramps, a much faster map.

Scoreattack on the other hand now makes it possible for introverts to still earn vehicle kills without playing FF multi. In FRG scoreattack they dropped a ghost at the final wave...sweet + unlimited needler ammo is just lovely.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Man multi-team is not the same... It sucks, oh well.[/QUOTE]

That's unfortunate. That was one of my favorite modes.

[quote name='Corvin']That's unfortunate. That was one of my favorite modes.[/QUOTE]

He is right its not the same....its much better especially when they eventually add some 4 flag.

I love Invasion Skimish but I'm confused as to why it hasnt fully replaced Invasion Slayer. Playing that as an Elite on Hemorrhage is horrendous.

[quote name='yankeessuck']He is right its not the same....its much better especially when they eventually add some 4 flag.

I love Invasion Skimish but I'm confused as to why it hasnt fully replaced Invasion Slayer. Playing that as an Elite on Hemorrhage is horrendous.[/QUOTE]

I just loved all the mayhem when there was 6 2 man teams. It's dulled down quite a bit now. Maybe they will change it.

Grifball is still doing good though, it's kinda hard to screw that up though.

Anybody hear about the new map pack?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/09/defiant-map-pack-halo-reach-rumor/

Ugh, tried Reach again and still can't get over the gameplay issues. Team Slayer was the only decent playlist I played. I tried BTB and kept getting Elite Slayer which was boringg, regular slayer was bearable. Tried MLG and their current settings are god awful along with some of the maps (Zealot).

Then I tried Objective hoping I could play some CTF since that's always awesome and got stuck playing Stockpile and Hot Potato. Luckily got a couple Assault games but those were ruined by ridiculously long respawn times. 15 second respawn on Neutral assault, really? I was nodding off in between respawns.

I hope that classic playlist Jeremiah is working on goes through. It seems like it would be the only playlist I would enjoy for a long time. Team Slayer, Swat, and Snipers are fun but only for short periods of time since they don't have ctf. I think I'm going to try Invasion next time I boot up Reach and try out that skirmish gametype. Seems interesting.

yeah...I'm a big fan of the new score attack modes. you can actually kill thing with the assault rifle without having to empty and entire clip into it then bash the target. This of course only works on Fiesta and 2x Scoreattack, basically FF Arcade solo and w/limited ammo. Though noticing some vehicle kills aren't counting as vehicle kills in commendations and/or daily challenges.

Not a big fan of SWAT objective though, pretty much one sided depending on your team and a campers heaven.

I feel mixed on the SWAT objective games. Only played Hot Potato, and while I do like that particular game type, it feels out of place in SWAT.

Also, something I noticed. While I knew of some of the updates, missed the ones on FF apparently. Are all these new additions going to be permanent or is it only a limited time. I love rocketfight and fiesta and being able to do them solo if I choose is a welcome addition.

As long as they come with new achievements (which I'm sure they will) I'm there. This is one of those games I want to get all the achievements in, because I didn't with Halo 3 and missed a few in ODST.

Finally got this game!
I wonder if any of the ODST people from before are around...

Anyways, I need pretty much every achievement so msg me and I'm game!

omg the gring from colonel grade 3 to brigaider is going so slow! Omgah...on the bright side I should have enough $ to get the crazy grenadier helmet that will make my black visor useless! God...im addicted to this game..

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Finally got this game!
I wonder if any of the ODST people from before are around...

Anyways, I need pretty much every achievement so msg me and I'm game![/QUOTE]

Most of the achievements for this game are very easy. Beating legendary alone is the most time consuming, but not hard at all. Welcome to Reach.:)

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Most of the achievements for this game are very easy. Beating legendary alone is the most time consuming, but not hard at all. Welcome to Reach.:)[/QUOTE]
Thx.
I've only done normal.
Is there an achievement for 4 player legendary?

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Thx.
I've only done normal.
Is there an achievement for 4 player legendary?[/QUOTE]

It's the usual beat the three difficulties and there is also an achievement for beating the game solo on legendary. That means no coop

I'm with you on the colonel grade 3 grind, but I only need 40k or more CR, so might be doable this weekend since half of that should come from working on the 500 precision kills (need about 90 more). But that's nothing compared to my friend Rose who seems to have been stuck on Hero forever now.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I wonder if any of the ODST people from before are around...![/QUOTE]

:wave:

Has this game hit a decent price point anywhere? I'm getting so tired of black ops but I played a bit of Halo 3 online and it's not really the same as it used to be. Not looking to drop 60 on it but I'm definitely looking to pick it up.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Has this game hit a decent price point anywhere? I'm getting so tired of black ops but I played a bit of Halo 3 online and it's not really the same as it used to be. Not looking to drop 60 on it but I'm definitely looking to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Reach-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA20M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297524230&sr=8-1

$40 at Newegg, Amazon and Wal-Mart.com

Reach Legendary is $60 at Gamestop.com (Currently OOS) and B&M Stores. $80+ everywhere else.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']It's the usual beat the three difficulties and there is also an achievement for beating the game solo on legendary. That means no coop[/QUOTE]
Aw crap.
This 1 is going to take a while...

Although I somehow did Halo 3 on legendary. Still not sure how I managed to pull that off...

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Aw crap.
This 1 is going to take a while...

Although I somehow did Halo 3 on legendary. Still not sure how I managed to pull that off...[/QUOTE]

Just beat it on legendary and you will get the heroic and normal as well. It's not that hard, just take your time, the plasma pistol and headshots are your friend.

Did anyone notice that Gamestop had Halo Reach legendary edition for $59.99?That is an awesome deal.Since when It came out it was $149.99?Anyways its sold out.

bread's done
Back