Heads Up! Random PowerUp Rewards coupons in Active Offers. New set exp. 9/30/13

klimb22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I just checked my PUR (Pro) account and 3 coupons popped up out of nowhere in my Active Offers. All expiring 9/30/13.

20% off pre-owned games and accessories

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in select stores only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Get 30% extra in-store credit for every game you trade

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the store listed above only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

15% off a one time purchase of new product or accessory

Offer valid 4/4/13 – 9/30/13. Limit one coupon per customer. Coupon valid for one-time use only. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other discount offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer excludes video game systems, Game Informer subscriptions, and gift cards.

YMMV. So don't go calling up PUR CS if you don't get anything.

The previous set of coupons were rumored to be sent out to PUR members who are in the vicinity of a store that had closed and/or moved, but who really knows at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pedrobeara']I never get anything form them not even on my birthday WTF[/QUOTE]

I used to get alot for my bday from them... Last year they started not giving me anything much... I guess you have to SPEND alot to get considered for the coupons now... -_-

[quote name='coolrust']lol[/QUOTE]

I suppose I am being a little greedy, heh. I assume it will just get deleted if I post it here, but anyone interested in the UPC for the 20% birthday coupon, send me a PM.

[quote name='mpaullin']Seconded. I could actually "trade" someone for the UPC to the 20% off birthday coupon for March. I assume using the UPC without the coupon is YMMV, but a guy I gave it to earlier said it worked fine and I know a lot of people are cool with their local GS employees.[/QUOTE]
Wait, so if you have the Birthday coupon why would you want this coupon?
Unless you want the 15% new coupon, in which case the one who got the 15% new coupon would have also received the 20% coupon.
You boggle my mind sir.

[quote name='TooPoor']Wait, so if you have the Birthday coupon why would you want this coupon?
Unless you want the 15% new coupon, in which case the one who got the 15% new coupon would have also received the 20% coupon.
You boggle my mind sir.[/QUOTE]

I was going to attempt to stack em'. I seem to remember hearing that the bday coupon stacked with a lot of stuff.

I just got the PowerUp newsletter and it mentioned that my home store closed and that they gave me coupons for any other store and these were in my account. I'd say if your account was setup to have it's home one of their stores they recently closed it triggered off this deal.

I just checked the most recent and previous newsletter I received and there's no mention of my home store closing. I don't actually know what they consider to be my home store anyway....

[quote name='rawrker']Under active offers I had a coupon for 10% off pre-owned Trojan condoms! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

10% off and a lifetime of awkward doctor visits.

[quote name='crunchewy']I just checked the most recent and previous newsletter I received and there's no mention of my home store closing. I don't actually know what they consider to be my home store anyway....[/QUOTE]
You can set it under My Account on the PUR site.

I never get anything. Didn't get that big PS3 discount code (some awesome CAG gave me one though and I got a PS3 because of them), didn't get jack **** for my birthday, and I didn't get this.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Member for 2 years, about 75k lifetime points, nothing for me! first Sony now Gamestop, nobody wants my money lol[/QUOTE]

Give me your $$$$ then! lma:lol:eek:

This is cool. I have over 200,000 lifetime powerup points, but I've never had a free offer in the active offers folder. Whenever I go to gamestop and they look at my account and are shocked and say "Look at this guys. That's the highest I've ever seen!" --- meaning the thousands of dollars I've "saved" shopping at Gamestop.

This is cool. I guess they don't need to incentive me because I already spend so much at Gamestop. Give the offers to people who don't spend as much money as me.

Thanks gamestop.

Yeah I got them coupons too because of my home store closing Which is 3000 miles away and only been there once during my lifetime.

117k lifetime points if anyone is interested to know.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']This is cool. I have over 200,000 lifetime powerup points, but I've never had a free offer in the active offers folder. Whenever I go to gamestop and they look at my account and are shocked and say "Look at this guys. That's the highest I've ever seen!" --- meaning the thousands of dollars I've "saved" shopping at Gamestop.

This is cool. I guess they don't need to incentive me because I already spend so much at Gamestop. Give the offers to people who don't spend as much money as me.

Thanks gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Don't you feel rewarded every time you give them your money ?

I reward them in return by buying my games from BBY.

I don't get the coupons anymore. Just got the one for $100 off a PS3 a couple years back. Used it and was really a great deal. I think I paid $250 or so for my Slim at the time.

[quote name='SEGAMew']Yeah I got them coupons too because of my home store closing Which is 3000 miles away and only been there once during my lifetime.

117k lifetime points if anyone is interested to know.[/QUOTE]
What's good with it Brevard County

[quote name='stoned99']Don't you feel rewarded every time you give them your money ?

I reward them in return by buying my games from BBY.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I buy preowned games from gamestop (the ones that are priced lower than BBY's preowned games). I buy all new MSRP games from Best Buy (no lousy Gamestop preorder bonus is going to be better than a $20 rewardzone certificate).

Hmm, looks like I got them. All my reserves are at BB except for Pandora's Tower, so I guess I'll use the 15% off that one since there's nothing else I'm really looking to pick up new from them this month except maybe Luigi's Mansion. No used games I really want either that the 20% would be worth it. Depending on promos that run the 30% extra one might be good if I hold it until the end of the month. Reckon it comes down to how quickly I finish BioShock, as right now I'm just getting God of War and Bioshock in March at BB and will probably trade those in at GS when I'm done.

EDIT: Damn, a week too late for Ni No Kuni, with the $50 sale last week the 15% off would have put it in my price range. Perhaps I'll hold it and hope that goes on sale again. Or just go with Luigi so I can register it and my XL for the free game, though no games there I want since I have 3D Land already. Hmm.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Hmm, looks like I got them. All my reserves are at BB except for Pandora's Tower, so I guess I'll use the 15% off that one since there's nothing else I'm really looking to pick up new from them this month except maybe Luigi's Mansion. No used games I really want either that the 20% would be worth it. Depending on promos that run the 30% extra one might be good if I hold it until the end of the month. Reckon it comes down to how quickly I finish BioShock, as right now I'm just getting God of War and Bioshock in March at BB and will probably trade those in at GS when I'm done.

EDIT: Damn, a week too late for Ni No Kuni, with the $50 sale last week the 15% off would have put it in my price range. Perhaps I'll hold it and hope that goes on sale again. Or just go with Luigi so I can register it and my XL for the free game, though no games there I want since I have 3D Land already. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Could I PLEASE have your 20% coupon?

[quote name='rapturestar']Could I PLEASE have your 20% coupon?[/QUOTE]

Does it work like that? I'm like 90% sure I won't be using it unless I try to expand my 3DS collection, but aren't these things tied to Power Up Accounts in some way?

I really hate these random coupons.

Mostly because I always get assed out. Best buy gives away a bunch of stuff, nope, $10 free on PSN, nope. So friggen lame.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Does it work like that? I'm like 90% sure I won't be using it unless I try to expand my 3DS collection, but aren't these things tied to Power Up Accounts in some way?[/QUOTE]

Not all the time from what I been hearing...

Nice! I have all three in my Active Offers section.

EDIT: do these stack with our regular PUR 10% discounts/bonuses?
EDIT2: I probably won't use my 20% off (been trying to buy new when there are sales to include online passes/DLC). Feel free to PM me and I'll give it out randomly 9PM EST...sound fair?

EDIT3: coupon is gone, thanks for the PMs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Paid member up for another year or so, no coupons.

I NEVER get any of these "random" coupons from any store. I called up about the best buy ones, got nothing. Free PSN, nothing.

With Starcraft 2 HOTS coming up, which is my last my last preorder @gamestop i would have loved that 15% off new. Pretty sure im done with gamestop completely, and little things like this make me shop on amazon more and more.

[quote name='Reraise']Paid member up for another year or so, no coupons.

I NEVER get any of these "random" coupons from any store. I called up about the best buy ones, got nothing. Free PSN, nothing.

With Starcraft 2 HOTS coming up, which is my last my last preorder @gamestop i would have loved that 15% off new. Pretty sure im done with gamestop completely, and little things like this make me shop on amazon more and more.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of using my 15% coupon on the new Tomb Raider IF is hits $39.99 before the coupon expires...we'll see.

I think these coupons don't work with sale prices... I've tried one before I think when ps allstars was on.sale for vita for 19.99. Cuz the coupon says can not be combined with any other offer. So if ur waiting for.something to go on sale by end of march eg.. tomb raider I don't think you'll be able to use the coupon. Unless anyone else knows otherwise?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']This is cool. I have over 200,000 lifetime powerup points, but I've never had a free offer in the active offers folder. Whenever I go to gamestop and they look at my account and are shocked and say "Look at this guys. That's the highest I've ever seen!" --- meaning the thousands of dollars I've "saved" shopping at Gamestop.

Thanks gamestop.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better I have 410,000 lifetime points and $1700 saved...and I didn't get anything either and I don't even get a birthday coupon. Guess they feel if we are crazy enough to buy their crap we don't need it. They can burn in hell!

Probably for members that don't purchase much/or haven't bought anything in a while. No coupons here or birthday coupon for this month either. :whistle2:(

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']Probably for members that don't purchase much/or haven't bought anything in a while. No coupons here or birthday coupon for this month either. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I hadn't purchased anything in over 3 months... :'(

[quote name='rawrker']If it makes you feel better I have 410,000 lifetime points and $1700 saved...and I didn't get anything either and I don't even get a birthday coupon. Guess they feel if we are crazy enough to buy their crap we don't need it. They can burn in hell![/QUOTE]

Is there a way to check how much I saved, or are you just keeping track?

bread's done
Back