Heads Up! Random PowerUp Rewards coupons in Active Offers. New set exp. 9/30/13

klimb22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I just checked my PUR (Pro) account and 3 coupons popped up out of nowhere in my Active Offers. All expiring 9/30/13.

20% off pre-owned games and accessories

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in select stores only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Get 30% extra in-store credit for every game you trade

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the store listed above only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

15% off a one time purchase of new product or accessory

Offer valid 4/4/13 – 9/30/13. Limit one coupon per customer. Coupon valid for one-time use only. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other discount offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer excludes video game systems, Game Informer subscriptions, and gift cards.

YMMV. So don't go calling up PUR CS if you don't get anything.

The previous set of coupons were rumored to be sent out to PUR members who are in the vicinity of a store that had closed and/or moved, but who really knows at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Store closings? Are you kidding me, the local mall I go to has 2 Gamestops in the SAME MALL. Yeah, they are opposite sides but there is still 2. WTF? Anyways, I just recently received a birthday coupon for 20% off so I plan on using that sometime.

[quote name='killa5k7']Store closings? Are you kidding me, the local mall I go to has 2 Gamestops in the SAME MALL. Yeah, they are opposite sides but there is still 2. WTF? Anyways, I just recently received a birthday coupon for 20% off so I plan on using that sometime.[/QUOTE]

Thats how my mall is but one is right down the stairs from the other, lol.

[quote name='Algertman']Can you apply these to online orders? If so, how? I'm typing in the code but it won't take it.[/QUOTE]
I think you have your answer then.

[quote name='killa5k7']Store closings? Are you kidding me, the local mall I go to has 2 Gamestops in the SAME MALL. Yeah, they are opposite sides but there is still 2. WTF? Anyways, I just recently received a birthday coupon for 20% off so I plan on using that sometime.[/QUOTE]
I have been to malls that have two Gamestops and two Starbucks, its like the end of the universe.

A new set of coupons popped up this morning. All expiring 9/30/13. Please note that the wording has changed from the last set of coupons. Of special note, the 20% off pre-owned now say "20% off pre-owned games and accessories" vs. "20% Off One Pre-owned Game or Pre-owned Accessory"

The OP has been updated with the new terms.

I can't believe people out there are still shopping at Gamestop, especially gamers that frequent this site who know about their reputation. There are so many better options out there compared to THAT retail chain.

[quote name='icewolf74']I can't believe people out there are still shopping at Gamestop, especially gamers that frequent this site who know about their reputation. There are so many better options out there compared to THAT retail chain.[/QUOTE]

It's about as spotty as buying from a third party retailer at Amazon, but with less risk. What's your point?

[quote name='icewolf74']I can't believe people out there are still shopping at Gamestop, especially gamers that frequent this site who know about their reputation. There are so many better options out there compared to THAT retail chain.[/QUOTE]
The gamers who frequent this site is especially resourceful and savvy shoppers that they can find deals even in THAT retail chain. Some even make money by going to Gamestop.

I usually only shop there with credit. But even still, there are many deals to be had on older games. I got crimson gem saga for the psp complete for 5 bucks on a b1g1 50% off. a used copy sells for like 30 bucks on amazon. So there are definitely reasons to shop at gamestop.

Gamestop, what did I ever do to make you hate me so much? I've never gotten ANY of these Active Offers. Do you guys who get these coupons buy/trade in there all the time or something?

Only thing I have is the B2G1 preowned offer from renewing my subscription. Expires at the end of may. Hopefully the game day sale will be good this year.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']got 15 off new, 20 off used, and 30 on trade. Sucks is I just bought some stuff from gamestop yesterday. Oh well, time for round two;)[/QUOTE]

You do have a long time to use them, so don't let it burn a hole in your pocket, lol.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Gamestop, what did I ever do to make you hate me so much? I've never gotten ANY of these Active Offers. Do you guys who get these coupons buy/trade in there all the time or something?[/QUOTE]
Dude, I've never gotten any of these, either. Come, let's both go cry in the corner...:cry:

I got the new set! I'll save the 20% off once bday codes stop popping up. The 30% might be good to make/move credit. Now idea what the 15% of new should be used on.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I got the new set! I'll save the 20% off once bday codes stop popping up. The 30% might be good to make/move credit. Now idea what the 15% of new should be used on.[/QUOTE]

use it on new games does have msrp/ sales drop.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']If GS gets Tales of Xilla CE then I'll use it on that.[/QUOTE]
Good plan, my brother got one luckily and it will work great on any CE edition games.

[quote name='usagi']Good plan, my brother got one luckily and it will work great on any CE edition games.[/QUOTE]

you just get me an idea, maybe i can use it on tomb raider ce, if i can manage to trade in some games to come up with store credit. a little tight on money right now, but got dozens of games to trade in

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Gamestop, what did I ever do to make you hate me so much? I've never gotten ANY of these Active Offers. Do you guys who get these coupons buy/trade in there all the time or something?[/QUOTE]

I've never got one single thing from GS in my active offers; not even the original sign up coupon, nor any of the ones for renewing...despite going over 250,000 PUR points just last year alone. Maybe they're sick of me. :(

[quote name='spyder69']I've never got one single thing from GS in my active offers; not even the original sign up coupon, nor any of the ones for renewing...despite going over 250,000 PUR points just last year alone. Maybe they're sick of me. :([/QUOTE]

That's the equivalent of 12.5k used stuff traded in. How the fuck.

Glad I get to avoid gamestop another day. I just went there with the 20% off coupon. Got a lecture on how I should buy games new to support developers. I told him I was cheap and didnt like paying more than 40 so then he mentions the hd collections coming out. He was that extra annoying kinda guy.

[quote name='Anexanhume']That's the equivalent of 12.5k used stuff traded in. How the fuck.[/QUOTE]

Almost every point was off 100% console bonus money. Was trading in 3-5 per day for months. :D

bread's done
Back