Heads Up! Random PowerUp Rewards coupons in Active Offers. New set exp. 9/30/13

klimb22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I just checked my PUR (Pro) account and 3 coupons popped up out of nowhere in my Active Offers. All expiring 9/30/13.

20% off pre-owned games and accessories

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in select stores only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Get 30% extra in-store credit for every game you trade

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the store listed above only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

15% off a one time purchase of new product or accessory

Offer valid 4/4/13 – 9/30/13. Limit one coupon per customer. Coupon valid for one-time use only. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other discount offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer excludes video game systems, Game Informer subscriptions, and gift cards.

YMMV. So don't go calling up PUR CS if you don't get anything.

The previous set of coupons were rumored to be sent out to PUR members who are in the vicinity of a store that had closed and/or moved, but who really knows at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lamuh13']I'm little confused...
From my PUR Pro account's Active Offer, I got B2G1 coupon in PDF file.
and in my e-mail I got coupon code for "Save 25% when you buy 3 or more pre-owned games".
But when I look at it, the codes from the two coupons are identical.

Is this because the codes are linked to my PUR pro account?
and if the two coupons are actually two separate coupons,
do these coupons stack up?[/QUOTE]
Unsure of the code bit, but I can tell you that the coupons don't stack. It just voids one of them (the 25% one). I've tried to do that a couple of times and the only time I've ever been able to get it to work was when I flirted with a manager enough to get them to override it for me.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yes, these coupons are all in-store only. No way to use them online.[/QUOTE]

Man.... That sucks. Guess I gotta have run to gamestop tonight. Won't have any time starting tomorrow till next week.

That's really weird: I got the email, as well (with the subject line "Save 25% When You Purchase 3 or More Pre-owned Games!"). The email itself says "Buy 2, Get 1 Free All Preowned Games", but the code is the exact same as the one on my coupon for saving 25% on 3 or more used games... :???:

[quote name='lamuh13']I'm little confused...
From my PUR Pro account's Active Offer, I got B2G1 coupon in PDF file.
and in my e-mail I got coupon code for "Save 25% when you buy 3 or more pre-owned games".
But when I look at it, the codes from the two coupons are identical.

Is this because the codes are linked to my PUR pro account?
and if the two coupons are actually two separate coupons,
do these coupons stack up?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's weird for me too.

I got an email and the title said it was B2G1. But the coupon in the email said it's 25% off.

So I logged into my PUR account and looked at the coupon there and it says it's B2G1. And both coupons have the same code.

Either way I'm using it. haha

[quote name='cancerman1120']How so? In some ways it is better than B2G1. B2G1 is 33% off IF you find 3 games that are the same price. The other coupon can be used on games from $0.99-$54.99. Plus you can use it on more than 3 games if want to buy a bunch of cheapo games. Not sure what the heck you want.[/QUOTE]

Let me rephrase; 25% off 3 or more preowned games is worthless to me right now. I don't need 3 or more preowned games, I'd rather have gotten one that focused on a single item like others are getting. Course I am wanting to get the Silent Hill games on PS2 but alas I can only find them online which these codes can't be used for. So again, worthless.

picture.php
I got the 25%+10% off any pre-owned coupon.
icon10.gif

I'm an employee at GameStop. I wonder if the 25% (coupon) + 10%(pro member) + 15%(employee discount) stack together for 40%

[quote name='Buuhan1']Let me rephrase; 25% off 3 or more preowned games is worthless to me right now. I don't need 3 or more preowned games, I'd rather have gotten one that focused on a single item like others are getting. Course I am wanting to get the Silent Hill games on PS2 but alas I can only find them online which these codes can't be used for. So again, worthless.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough :)

[quote name='Fukurou']Do these expire after one use or can they be used multiple times?[/QUOTE]

well we wont know until people try it also are these unique?

[quote name='BryanDGAF']I'm an employee at GameStop. I wonder if the 25% (coupon) + 10%(pro member) + 15%(employee discount) stack together for 40%[/QUOTE]
I always imagined you guys can just try scanning all kinds of coupons when you don't have any customers.

[quote name='TooPoor']I always imagined you guys can just try scanning all kinds of coupons when you don't have any customers.[/QUOTE]

I hardly work :(

I got a coupon for $5 off any pre-owned game over $25. It expires on the 10th... unlikely, I'll find anything by then.

[quote name='BryanDGAF']I'm an employee at GameStop. I wonder if the 25% (coupon) + 10%(pro member) + 15%(employee discount) stack together for 40%[/QUOTE]

Doesnt work. It'll give you the highest percentage one, which is the 35% (25% coupon + 10% PUR)

Not sure but your math is a bit off.

[quote name='sasukekun']Doesnt work. It'll give you the highest percentage one, which is the 35% (25% coupon + 10% PUR)[/QUOTE]

i got a 25% and a 20% to stack a couple weeks ago so they stack

[quote name='sninh']i got a 25% and a 20% to stack a couple weeks ago so they stack[/QUOTE]

What were the coupons? The 25% off 3 and birthday?

there was a steal of the week coupon and a birthday so i do admit this one might be different since its buy 3

[quote name='sninh']if it does stack it wont be 50% its .9 x .85 x .75 so about 43%

do you work at the block?[/QUOTE]

Katella/Tustin. I'm new so I might be clumsy if I help you with a purchase .

And thank you fukurou. Idk what I was thinking with my math

Are there two/three different 25% off pre-owned coupon? I see folks posting about 25% off one, three and all. For folks that got them can you post the exact wording of the coupon. Thanks.

Quick Question guys: What is the policy on returning games purchased through these promotions? Lets say you get the B2G1 coupon. You buy a $30, $27, and get a $25 game free. What happens if you Return the Pre Owned $27 game for a full refund? In essence, would you get the other 2 games for $30?

[quote name='Snuggelz']Quick Question guys: What is the policy on returning games purchased through these promotions? Lets say you get the B2G1 coupon. You buy a $30, $27, and get a $25 game free. What happens if you Return the Pre Owned $27 game for a full refund? In essence, would you get the other 2 games for $30?[/QUOTE]

No you wouldn't. I will have to see if I have a return receipt to show how they do it but IIRC the whole bundle gets returned and the two you keep get rerung like normal.

For the 3/7-3/10 "targeted coupons" see below:

FYI...communication was sent to the stores this morning about the screw up in the e-mails. Basically, it stated that if the customer could show the original e-mail they would honor it. So I guess if you printed it off, took a screen shot, etc. last night and the live email changed this morning, you now have two options.

[quote name='Fukurou']Do these expire after one use or can they be used multiple times?[/QUOTE]

One use only. Mine says so in the fine print at the bottom.

Does anyone know if the "Save 25% when you purchase 3 or more pre-owned games" only applies the discount to pre-owned games, or if you buy something else, will that also be included? Doesn't really say on the coupon.

[quote name='pummy84']Does anyone know if the "Save 25% when you purchase 3 or more pre-owned games" only applies the discount to pre-owned games, or if you buy something else, will that also be included? Doesn't really say on the coupon.[/QUOTE]

?

Again, the offer does not specifically state that the discount only applies to the preowned games. If it said "save 25% on preowned games when you purchase 3 or more," then it would be clear that it's meant for only that.

Lemme be a bit clearer on my question. If I were to get 3 used games and also purchase, say, a Spyro Series 2 Skylanders Giants figure, would I also get 25% off that, along with the 3 used games?

[quote name='pummy84']Again, the offer does not specifically state that the discount only applies to the preowned games. If it said "save 25% on preowned games when you purchase 3 or more," then it would be clear that it's meant for only that.

Lemme be a bit clearer on my question. If I were to get 3 used games and also purchase, say, a Spyro Series 2 Skylanders Giants figure, would I also get 25% off that, along with the 3 used games?[/QUOTE]

The coupon clearly states pre-owned games. Definitely not anything else.

FYI...

The B2G1 coupon will work multiple times in the same transaction.

(I purchased 6 pre-owned games and it reduced two of them to free)

no coupons for me and anyone not using there coupons want to sell them pm

If anyone is willing to pm me a code for 20% off a single item (over 25 will work). I would be most grateful. I can offer a code for Hitman sniper challenge (ps3) as thanks.

[quote name='mpaullin']If anyone is willing to pm me a code for 20% off a single item (over 25 will work). I would be most grateful. I can offer a code for Hitman sniper challenge (ps3) as thanks.[/QUOTE]

PM sent, dont need the code though.

Got 25% off every used game myself and got MGS HD Collection PS3...could have gotten some more but not really in the mood to shop around though esp since it's one use.

bread's done
Back