Heads Up! Random PowerUp Rewards coupons in Active Offers. New set exp. 9/30/13

klimb22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I just checked my PUR (Pro) account and 3 coupons popped up out of nowhere in my Active Offers. All expiring 9/30/13.

20% off pre-owned games and accessories

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in select stores only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Get 30% extra in-store credit for every game you trade

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the store listed above only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

15% off a one time purchase of new product or accessory

Offer valid 4/4/13 – 9/30/13. Limit one coupon per customer. Coupon valid for one-time use only. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other discount offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer excludes video game systems, Game Informer subscriptions, and gift cards.

YMMV. So don't go calling up PUR CS if you don't get anything.

The previous set of coupons were rumored to be sent out to PUR members who are in the vicinity of a store that had closed and/or moved, but who really knows at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow I finally got one of these for a change..thanks for the heads up OP. I'll be using this on Bioshock :applause:

[quote name='klimb22']How did you "check" exactly?[/QUOTE]
Friend had a B2G1 free coupon he wasn't going to use so he gave it to me. Tried using it to pick up DmC, Dishonored, and Dragon's Dogma and it wouldn't work.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Friend had a B2G1 free coupon he wasn't going to use so he gave it to me. Tried using it to pick up DmC, Dishonored, and Dragon's Dogma and it wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I got one today and used it on 2 Xenoblade Chronicles and 1 Metroid Prime Trilogy.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Checked today and they are locked to the account.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they don't do this to more coupons in the future.

Thanks OP. I've been watching my account due to this thread and got the 25% off 3 or more preowned today. But expires in 3 days!

Going to be very handy since I just bought my 3DS.

Checked shortly after this thread started and didn't have anything. Looked again just now and found $5 off $25 used. Nice, I might put this to use.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Be sure to print your coupons out ASAP. You don't want them being 'mysteriously' deleted.[/QUOTE]
I second that. Also, even though the expiration date is 3/10 or 3/31 and they are still valid that day, for some reason the PUR site takes them out of your account on the beginning of that last day.

Used my buy 3 get 25% off to get

:ps3: Disgaea 4 $12.82
:360: XCOM: Enemy Unknown $25.64
:360: Hitman Trilogy $23.62

Everything was pristine. The Hitman was complete also. Did not really need to buy these but I thought at this price it was not bad.

[quote name='sasukekun']Got a B2G1 free valid from 3/7 to 3/10.[/QUOTE]
GS manager told me today that these "short window" coupons are going out based on your buying/trading habits. Makes sense as it has been reported that these are "locked" to the respective accounts they were issued on AND are differing across the board.

Can you shed any light on this?

[quote name='klimb22']GS manager told me today that these "short window" coupons are going out based on your buying/trading habits. Makes sense as it has been reported that these are "locked" to the respective accounts they were issued on.

Can you shed any light on this?[/QUOTE]

Would make sense, but I didnt see any emails about it within the last few days.

I did buy/trade in a lot of stuff within the last week or so.

Today I got a, "buy 3 or more pre-owned games, save 25%" coupon. Good from 3/7-3/10. I already got the 3 other coupons last week. I'm not complaining.

[quote name='ChillyWillie']Nothing for me.

Of course it doesn't matter. I'm not renewing this waste of $$ anyway.[/QUOTE]

Humble pie for me. I got a coupon today.

Save 25% on every pre-owned game you purchase

I still stand by my statement that I am not renewing. I've only bought 2 used games since signing up.

Got 4 different coupons but don't really plan on using any of them. If you want one feel free to PM me. I have the following:

20% off One Pre-Owned Game or Accessory - Expires 03/31/13

30% Trade Bonus on Any Games Traded - Expires 03/31/13

15% Off One New Game or Accessory - Expires 03/31/13

Save 25% on every pre-owned game your purchase - Expires 03/10/13

[quote name='Dwarfman']Got 4 different coupons but don't really plan on using any of them. If you want one feel free to PM me. I have the following:

20% off One Pre-Owned Game or Accessory - Expires 03/31/13

30% Trade Bonus on Any Games Traded - Expires 03/31/13

15% Off One New Game or Accessory - Expires 03/31/13

Save 25% on every pre-owned game your purchase - Expires 03/10/13[/QUOTE]
Check previous posts. Only you can use those coupons. They are account specific.

^ well if he's willing to give his telephone # someone else can use the coupons. just say your cousin gave it to you. and if conflicting ethnicities, just say your former roomate gave it to you.

[quote name='Bipolar Bear212']My b2g1 free shows 3/7-3/10 in 2012. Is this the case for anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I got one too. I find it weird that I got one since the only thing I buy from GS these days are Steam wallet codes.

edit: lol I just noticed the 2012 date on my coupon as well.

[quote name='dbolt']Yes, I got one too. I find it weird that I got one since the only thing I buy from GS these days are Steam wallet codes.[/QUOTE]

When you click on the offer does it show that it expires in 2012?

[quote name='pummy84']Check previous posts. Only you can use those coupons. They are account specific.[/QUOTE]
I believe (rather, I know) only the coupons expiring 3/10 are account specific.

Just checked my current offers, I got 25% off 3 or more preowned games. That's fricken worthless.

[quote name='pummy84']Check previous posts. Only you can use those coupons. They are account specific.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind giving out my telephone number if that means a CAG can use a coupon. I suppose it is a win win if I end up getting some of the PUR points.

I have a 15% off any new item. I was going to use it on a Tomb Raider CE for the wife's birthday. But guess what, no Gamestop in the area ordered any Tomb Raider CE for stock! fuck you Gamestop. You ruined a good person's birthday!

[quote name='Pyloric']I have a 15% off any new item. I was going to use it on a Tomb Raider CE for the wife's birthday. But guess what, no Gamestop in the area ordered any Tomb Raider CE for stock! fuck you Gamestop. You ruined a good person's birthday![/QUOTE]

How is it GS's fault for not ordering a CE copy?

Only got a 25% off preowned. Was hoping for the 15% off new as that's all I'm planning on buying anytime soon.

Save 25% on every pre-owned game you purchase

This one works better than B2G1 for me!

I'm off the Gamestop Hate Wagon...for now...

[quote name='Buuhan1']Just checked my current offers, I got 25% off 3 or more preowned games. That's fricken worthless.[/QUOTE]

How so? In some ways it is better than B2G1. B2G1 is 33% off IF you find 3 games that are the same price. The other coupon can be used on games from $0.99-$54.99. Plus you can use it on more than 3 games if want to buy a bunch of cheapo games. Not sure what the heck you want.

Just used my b2g1 to score ni no kuni, MGR:R, and Tomb Raider for $102, Thanks guys, without this topic I would've never seen the coupon

Weird, the email subject says save 25% off three games purchase or more, while the email body image has the B2G1 information, so I'm not sure which one the coupon is good for.

I'd personally prefer the save 25% off three games, as you can couple two cheap 0.99 games together with one expensive game to essentially get 25% off any game.

[quote name='cancerman1120']How so? In some ways it is better than B2G1. B2G1 is 33% off IF you find 3 games that are the same price. The other coupon can be used on games from $0.99-$54.99. Plus you can use it on more than 3 games if want to buy a bunch of cheapo games. Not sure what the heck you want.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was my math. One item is $27, one is $22 and another is $15. B2G1 is $49, this way is $48, so for me it's about the exact same deal. Getting some cheap items for 25% off is just icing on the cake. Consider my store credit defeated!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Be sure to print your coupons out ASAP. You don't want them being 'mysteriously' deleted.[/QUOTE]

My e-mail says that there's a code to present to the store associate. Would it still work if they remove the coupon?

Anyways, in-store only?

I'm little confused...
From my PUR Pro account's Active Offer, I got B2G1 coupon in PDF file.
and in my e-mail I got coupon code for "Save 25% when you buy 3 or more pre-owned games".
But when I look at it, the codes from the two coupons are identical.

Is this because the codes are linked to my PUR pro account?
and if the two coupons are actually two separate coupons,
do these coupons stack up?

bread's done
Back