Heavenly Sword, Rockband + more $10 at Walmart - YMMV

mrbutler14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Can't see this posted but I happened upon an endcap at Walmart today with a bunch of games for $10. Price stickers said 04/15 so i guess it only happened today. Below is a list of the games I can remember:

PS3

Dynasty Warriors 6
Kane and Lynch
Medal of Honour: Airbourne
Devil May Cry 4
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Rainbow Six Vegas
Condemned 2
Lost Planet
Heavenly Sword
Genji
Ghost Recon 2
Warhawk + Bluetooth Headset
Rockband
Chronicles of Narnia
Tony Hawks Project 8
Lair
Blazing Angels 2

Xbox 360

Eternal Sonata
Tony Hawks Proving Ground
Beautiful Katamari
The Club
Transformers the game
Dynasty Warriors 6
A lot more that I can't remember

Wii

Nights into Dreams

Also a bunch of NCAA, Tiger Woods, MLB The show etc dated 08 and 07 and some Wii shovelware. At $10 some of these games are well worth a shot and I just left walmart $70 lighter! My backlog is now up to about 50 games. :cry:

Beautiful Katamari is a fantastic deal at $10 new. And so is Heavenly Sword. Very underrated, underplayed gem of a game.

I agree with the reviews that said Beautiful Katamari is the worst of the first 4. Got stuck in it pretty fast, which has never happened to me in a Katamari game. Was fine until then though.

Got stuck in Heavenly Sword too, but at least that wasn't until maybe 3/4 of the way through, and it was a blast up until then. Pretty cool story and character.

Dang, really looks like a lot of good games, but I'm assuming this is YMMV.

yeah looking like its only at certain locations, my wallyworld still has most of those listed at $20 except for The Club and Narnia those rang up at $15

went to my local WM yesterday, and nothing like this to be found (Scottsdale, AZ, on Pima and Chaparral, for those in the area)

definitely would have bit on Heavenly sword for 10 bucks :( oh well

I'll head out to the 2 Wal-Marts right near me in Cincinnati (Colerain) and I shall report back but, last time I was there looking about a week ago it was still the $20 games and they were all almost gone.

Glad you guys are letting us know you're not finding it...almost guarantees I won't either. Guess Target hasn't had any deals in a long time, but back when it did the only one I EVER got was Sins of the Solar Empire for maybe $20 or whatever. Was always a waste of time going in :(

[quote name='dmdragon']No luck at my local walmart[/QUOTE]

Which one did you check? I'll try to hit up the ones on the north side of town and maybe the Tuttle Mall one Monday.

It was from a store on North Avenue about ten miles west of chicago. The games were on an endcap as you walked up to the games section with a big $10.00 sign on top. All the games had a green $59.xx price sticker on them and then a green $10.00 sticker over that. They all rang up on the till as $10.00 when scanned. I also forgot to list that they had Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (about three copies if you want to chance it) for $10 which is an absolute steal for that game. I already own it which is why I overlooked it.

[quote name='oni-link']how bout dem DS and PSP games?[/QUOTE]

They had the magic game for DS, tiger woods 08 and transformers for PSP and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the GBA. Not much at all but I guess this sale is extremely YMMV so different stores may have more.

[quote name='windsmere']I'll head out to the 2 Wal-Marts right near me in Cincinnati (Colerain) and I shall report back but, last time I was there looking about a week ago it was still the $20 games and they were all almost gone.[/QUOTE]

Thats the weird thing about this store. I have only been there about twice before and last time (two weeks ago) they didn't have any cheap $20 games at all. Almost seemed like they got the shipped in to reduce to $10.

The only game at mine was Brutal Legend 10.00 Then Red Faction 15.00 both PS3 everything else was 20-30. They had a good deal 20 for extraction on wii

I wonder what the actual rate of success/failure CAG has regarding "Walmart...YMMV" posts. I always get my hopes up, and have yet to actually find one. Not a big deal since it's down the street - but not the case for everyone...

Algonquin IL Walmart has $19.96 for Folklore and Heavenly Sword, which are still alright deals, but they're no $10 game deals either.

I've yet to get astounding deals from the B & M stores around me like the YMMV ones I catch around here.

[quote name='Rollett']I will check my Walmart in Oregon today.. but i am not getting my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

Which one? I will hit up 82nd ave in Portland tonight/tomorrow, and MAYBE Woodburn.

If they are stickered then they are more than likely manually taking it down at the register to dump inventory. If there are shelf labels saying they are $10 then it was a markdown from corporate.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I have been able to get one "clearance" YMMV title at Wal-mart and that was Buzz Quiz TV with buzzers for 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that a great day? :lol:

I didn't see those games but I found:
The Godfather 2 :ps3:
Soulcalibur IV :ps3:
Assassin's Creed :360:
Bioshock :360:

and a bunch of other games I just can't remember, all for $10 at El Paso, Tx

Went to the Gurnee, IL Walmart and it was priced at $19.96 still.
Considering that it's not the far from Chicago, I'd say you'll have a tough time finding some of those deals elsewhere.

[quote name='windsmere']I'll head out to the 2 Wal-Marts right near me in Cincinnati (Colerain) and I shall report back but, last time I was there looking about a week ago it was still the $20 games and they were all almost gone.[/QUOTE]

/waves at his neighbor.

Any luck?

No luck at the Wal-Mart near me that was listed on the website as having Heavenly Sword in stock. It was priced at $19.96, and all of the $10 clearance items were DS and PS2 games.

Went looking for Eternal Sonata and no luck at my Walmart. Thought about snagging Halo Wars for $20 but decided against it.

Well dang, I need to return the Nerf part of the Wiimote/Nerf bundle anyway. Looks like I'll actually look at the electronics area!

[quote name='chrisnsally']I wonder what the actual rate of success/failure CAG has regarding "Walmart...YMMV" posts. I always get my hopes up, and have yet to actually find one. Not a big deal since it's down the street - but not the case for everyone...[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely no connection between wal-marts on clearance. I used to work for the company that vendored the games section for them. Unless it has a label that says "roll back" or is an actual price tag printed by them(example: the psp deals they had before christmas all had price labels set in the game cases).

Otherwise electronics departments are given "clearance money" that they use how they see fit to move things. I went into wal-mart backrooms when I started that were FULL of ps2 and gamecube games that were never clearanced. One store I had to urge them to clearance the gameboy color games they still had.

The thinking is that the big stuff hangs around and is in the way and needs to be clearanced. But the games are stacked up in the corner of backrooms and don't take up much space.

bread's done
Back