Heavily Rain, Uncharted 2 & GOW 3 - $20 @ Kmart

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just scored a copy of Uncharted 2 GOTY for $10 after my reward coupon! thanks for the heads up OP[/QUOTE]

You got the Uncharted 2 GOTY for $20 (before coupon)?! Can anybody else confirm GOTY for $20 at theirs?!

My wife is headed towards a Kmart tomorrow, and I bet they'd still have the non-greatest-hits versions.

Thanks, OP!

(BTW, yea, iPhone spell check can be wonky at times.)

[quote name='emperordahc']You got the Uncharted 2 GOTY for $20 (before coupon)?! Can anybody else confirm GOTY for $20 at theirs?!

My wife is headed towards a Kmart tomorrow, and I bet they'd still have the non-greatest-hits versions.

Thanks, OP!

(BTW, yea, iPhone spell check can be wonky at times.)[/QUOTE]

i went to my local k-mart today, the sale label says uncharted 2: goty, but sadly they were out of copies, but i did manage to get my hands a copy of heaviest rain ;)

[quote name='masterm0']i went to my local k-mart today, the sale label says uncharted 2: goty, but sadly they were out of copies, but i did manage to get my hands a copy of heaviest rain ;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks!!!

Got the last copy at my KMart for the Uncharted 2: GOTY. I traded in my vanilla launch copy of Uncharted 2 at GS for $24, then got this one free with coupon.

Happy day!

[quote name='henryVIII']I was waiting for HR to reach $20 forever. Finally gave up waiting and bought it at Amazon for $28 three days ago.

So just my luck its $20 now.

Oh well, it's only an $8 difference, and after factoring tax and the gas I'd use to drive to KMart, I'm fine with paying a little more from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Did your copy from amazon come in the greatest hits case?

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Bout F'ing time for Amazon to match this... hopefully they do soon[/QUOTE]

They didnt match the Yakuza 3 $15 price i think so dont think they will do it here.

[quote name='darknight88']Wow, I always though GH HR had the DLC for free. Guess not :(

Will buy anyways. Maybe though![/QUOTE]
You guys really aren't missing anything by not getting that DLC. It's quite possibly the worst $5 I've ever spent on PSN, and I've bought my fair share of stinkers.

[quote name='AJVtony831']I don't believe any US versions come with it.I think only the UK versions do[/QUOTE]

You mean THIS version: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/heavy-rain-platinum-move-edition/10240347.html

Funny thing is, the screenshot of the case says nothing about the extra DLC on it, but it's a contender in the running for most crap to obscure a GH packaging artwork right alongside Uncharted 2 GOTY.

Not to mention they apparently have platinum(silver) GH cases in the UK and some neon yellow around the outside of the coverart.

So that version would drive the U.S. collectors absolutely insane.

[quote name='simmias']You guys really aren't missing anything by not getting that DLC. It's quite possibly the worst $5 I've ever spent on PSN, and I've bought my fair share of stinkers.[/QUOTE]I don't know about the worst DLC on PSN... I actually found The Taxidermist DLC to be super tense and thoroughly enjoyed it. I only ever did play through it once (maybe twice), though it has 5 endings. Probably 2-3 hours in all, I'd say it's worth the $5. Though, of note, it doesn't have any trophies and the polish is pretty poor compared to the rest of the game. As I understand it, The Taxidermist was a pre-release demo of the game and was never quite brought up to the level that the rest of the game got.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean THIS version: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/heavy-rain-platinum-move-edition/10240347.html

Funny thing is, the screenshot of the case says nothing about the extra DLC on it, but it's a contender in the running for most crap to obscure a GH packaging artwork right alongside Uncharted 2 GOTY.

Not to mention they apparently have platinum(silver) GH cases in the UK and some neon yellow around the outside of the coverart.

So that version would drive the U.S. collectors absolutely insane.[/QUOTE]

When the US PlayStation Blog originally announced the GH version of Heavy Rain, the image of the box was labled "Director's Cut", and persumably it included the DLC, the soundtrack and the extras that was in the European Move edition. Mysteriously a few hours later the image was changed to the regular Heavy Rain packaging, so I guess it was a mistake and Sony decieded against doing a GH version that contained all the DLC...

I hate "Playstation Greatest Hits" cases.

Do you think Wal-Mart will price match... and allow me to get the regular copies?

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']When the US PlayStation Blog originally announced the GH version of Heavy Rain, the image of the box was labled "Director's Cut", and persumably it included the DLC, the soundtrack and the extras that was in the European Move edition. Mysteriously a few hours later the image was changed to the regular Heavy Rain packaging, so I guess it was a mistake and Sony decieded against doing a GH version that contained all the DLC...[/QUOTE]
Of course. Why would they release a GH version with some DLC they could otherwise have people PAYING for?;) Mind you, some GH versions are leagues better than the originals because they DO include extra content that other folks had to pay for.

But those are few and far between anymore.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Mind you, some GH versions are leagues better than the originals because they DO include extra content that other folks had to pay for.

But those are few and far between anymore.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Yea, some old GH (even before "DLC") were actually the better versions.

Silent Hill 2 GH on PS2 comes to mind; got an extra side-story originally only on the Xbox version.

Some old GH games, like Mortal Kombat Trilogy on PS1, were actually patched for bugs.

[quote name='ManchildofPV']you sure gow3 is 20? for some reason I am thinking gears of war when you posted[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']What is GOW3? God of War 3? Is heavy rain any good?[/QUOTE]God of War 3=GOW3, Gears of War 3=GoW3

[quote name='CAG90210']Can anybody confirm that it also includes Uncharted 2 GOTY edition?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kenshindono']thanks i was wondering wtf GOW 3 was as well.. kinda dumb to use an abreviation when theres multiple games with the same one[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='emperordahc']You got the Uncharted 2 GOTY for $20 (before coupon)?! Can anybody else confirm GOTY for $20 at theirs?!
My wife is headed towards a Kmart tomorrow, and I bet they'd still have the non-greatest-hits versions.[/QUOTE]I'm looking at the ad there all GH GOW3, Heavy Rain & UC2 GOTY.

[quote name='Enuf']God of War 3=GOW3, Gears of War 3=GoW3[/QUOTE]

That is the stupidest nomenclature I've ever seen. Nobody uses that, come on. Why would the O be capitalized for God of War only? Also...

1247541652841_f.jpg

[quote name='War Machine']That is the stupidest nomenclature I've ever seen. Nobody uses that, come on. Why would the O be capitalized for God of War only? Also...

1247541652841_f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

"noboby uses that" search threads for uses you'll find GoW=Gears & GOW=God of War I didn't make it up people corrected my posts the same way. GOW GOS or GOW COO all caps.

I've seen GeOW for Gears to distinguish it. It is confusing sometimes but not too hard to figure out which is on sale here. Theyre all PS3 exclusive GH.

I hate "Playstation Greatest Hits" cases.

Do you think Wal-Mart will price match... and allow me to get the regular copies?

[quote name='Newl']No Kmarts near me :( Online also? Let's get amazon to match :whee:[/QUOTE]

Same. As much as it would be nice to reward Kmart for offering these nice promos/discounts, there aren't any near me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that one isn't even out yet and both of the other games mentioned are only on the PS3, so I made the connection.;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Not hard to put two and two together. Three PS3 Greatest Hits vs a game that isn't out yet.

When people are volunteering useful info, it's stupid to whine about these minor issues.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Then Cage will move on to the heavily anticipated spiritual successor "Scattered Showers"[/QUOTE]

The GOTY edition will be "Scattered Showers Golden Edition".

People need to stop with giving the OP shit because the title says "heavily", He already said it was a accident because of auto-correct

[quote name='Brother Daz']People need to stop with giving the OP shit because the title says "heavily", He already said it was a accident because of auto-correct[/QUOTE]

+1. Auto-correct borks everything.

Also, a required:
HATERS+TO+THE+LEFT.gif

Thanks, OP!!! My wife is looking for a copy of U2GOTY right now. :D

price match heavy rain at amazon please! :) then continue to bag on heavily rain, whatever gets the price matching done lol

[quote name='emperordahc']My wife is looking for a copy of U2GOTY right now. :D[/QUOTE]

Sold out at the Oak Ridge, TN store. Several non-GOTY copies there. :/

if this were thru amazon or any site where cag made even just one penny- that title would've been changed by the mods in about 8 seconds.

They were sold out of Heavy Rain at my local Kmart. So I took the ad to Walmart and made them pricematch. Now if I can beat it this week, I can trade it in to GS for a profit. :)

[quote name='FireWarrior']how long are these games on sale?[/QUOTE]

They are in the weekly ad, so I'd say they will be on sale for the week only.

[quote name='MXRider']Will best buy price match kmart with a printed ad? or an ad on my iphone shown to them?[/QUOTE]

Depends on if there's a K-mart in the same area as that Best Buy.

[quote name='MXRider']Will best buy price match kmart with a printed ad? or an ad on my iphone shown to them?[/QUOTE]

Yep I use both

Awesome Best Buy clerk price-matched Uncharted 2 without the ad (he went online on a store computer). Now that's how you do business, not like that K-Mart clerk that had no idea if the game was in stock and would not sell the non-greatest hits copy at the discounted price.

Heavy Rain was quite good. DLC was not really worth the $5, but then, I'm a trophy whore (so I still bought it).

I actually did *not* like the Move controls. Tried for about an hour before starting over and playing with the DS3.

Everyone knows Uncharted 2 is awesome.

bread's done
Back