Heavy Rain Discussion Thread

Tried playing again and now the jackets of Scott and Norman just shake constantly throughout their scenes to be really annoying and mostly unplayable. I managed to somewhat fix it by switching back to my SD TV, though I guess I could try an SD res on my monitor and see if that works any better. Definitely not the most ideal way, but I can at least play it now.

Here's the origami you can make during the install:

[IMG-L=4835]12144[/IMG-L]

I seem to have fixed the issues by deleting the install, restarting my system, and letting it do that all again and it's worked so far. I hope that's the end of the issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I'm scared of is spoilers, I should stop frequenting my usual boards until I finish the game, when it comes out that is, but seeing as how the game is already out, I should just cut the power to my router.

[quote name='fizzywix']I've officially preordered and will be playing this on release day with a group of friends! Can't wait, and probably won't be visiting this thread to avoid and chance of spoilers![/QUOTE]

This is a game best played alone, in the dark. Immersion & story. Just saying cause I think your experience will be diminished with other people around and/or playing in turns.

concerning the demo

when shelby leaves the room, and walks towards the stairs, he has an asthma attack, so anyone ignore the command to check the left pocket and just do the motion for checking the right pocket? i did that and it worked even though it wasn't prompted

so there are invisible QTEs you can do

I just finished my first play through last night. I think it will be the first of many play throughs. Definitely play this game alone, in the dark and preferably with surround sound. I played through it with some Triton headphones. I hadn't heard anything about what this game was other than it's name until started playing it. I am completely blown away by it. I don't buy games very often but I definitely recommend buying this one. I know I will be.

Have you guys see a deal for this game yet? So far the cheapest I see is for $54.96 on amazon for preorder (without any of those gaming credits for Heavy Rain).

No Sony published games hardly ever go on sale unless Best Buy, Target, or Amazon does a limited time sale for $10 off. That Amazon price will the cheapest you can find it new and sealed for at least a couple of months. (Plus you'll get the $5 prequel episode for free.)

[quote name='dejeckt']Have you guys see a deal for this game yet? So far the cheapest I see is for $54.96 on amazon for preorder (without any of those gaming credits for Heavy Rain).[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. If there was a good pre-order deal somewhere I would've already placed my order.

[quote name='arnoldhead']I'm in the same boat. If there was a good pre-order deal somewhere I would've already placed my order.[/QUOTE]
I'm basically gonna wait till friday~saturdayish to see if there are any ads out for Heavy Rain; if not...then iono.

[quote name='arnoldhead']I'm in the same boat. If there was a good pre-order deal somewhere I would've already placed my order.[/QUOTE]
Meh $5 off with no tax, free shippping and release date arrival plus the first episode of DLC for free is good enough for me. The DLC is already worth what, $5-$10? So it's as good as a $10 gift card, assuming you were interested in the game enough to want more.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No Sony published games hardly ever go on sale unless Best Buy, Target, or Amazon does a limited time sale for $10 off. That Amazon price will the cheapest you can find it new and sealed for at least a couple of months. (Plus you'll get the $5 prequel episode for free.)[/QUOTE]

Yep. Look at Heavenly Sword, its still $50 new.

So this game is relatively short with many different outcomes correct? I'm trying to manage my new releases because I have limited credit left between best buy, amazon, gamestop, and blockbuster. If this is short I'm thinking about just paying for the one month rental pass from blockbuster that way I could probably get through this and another release for that $25 they want.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']If this is short[/QUOTE]

8-10 hour playthrough, spread over 4 characters. Well it might be even shorter if a character dies.

[quote name='anathema728']concerning the demo

when shelby leaves the room, and walks towards the stairs, he has an asthma attack, so anyone ignore the command to check the left pocket and just do the motion for checking the right pocket? i did that and it worked even though it wasn't prompted

so there are invisible QTEs you can do
[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is the case that time because if you let the scene run a little longer you can see the prompt come up for his right pocket. so I would say it is more of a case where you know what is coming up and you get to skip a scene but hit or doing the right motion before.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Can anyone that got a copy early tell me if there is anything to install with the game? I literally have no room left on my ps3 hard drive.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure there is an install but I can not confirm the size or if it is truly required.

[quote name='dejeckt']I'm basically gonna wait till friday~saturdayish to see if there are any ads out for Heavy Rain; if not...then iono.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy and Target ads are already in the deals forum and there's no deal for it. TRU doesn't do deals on M-rated games unless its a big franchise like Halo or Call of Duty, so I doubt they're going to do anything. They may not even stock Heavy Rain.

The install is about 4 GBs and it's mandatory. And in any of the words I could use to describe the game, the word "short" would not be anywhere near that list.

Went and reserved my copy at GS today. Does the DLC come packaged inside the game? I ask because I didn't get a card or anything when I was there.

[quote name='SEH']Went and reserved my copy at GS today. Does the DLC come packaged inside the game? I ask because I didn't get a card or anything when I was there.[/QUOTE]

The DLC has been delayed until March 4. But you still should have received a code card for an in store pre-order, according to the GS website.

[quote name='Vinny']The DLC has been delayed until March 4. But you still should have received a code card for an in store pre-order, according to the GS website.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew it got delayed. I guess I'll have to talk to whoever is there on Tuesday morning when I go in.

Ordered with release day delivery from amazon. I hope the choices I make in the game do have significant repercussions so that re-playing it will extend the replay value. Some reviews say that they don't really affect things while others claim that the endings are pretty different.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']anyone know if gamestop doing a midnight release ??[/QUOTE]

Its not a national thing. If your GS has enough pre-orders, they'll likely do one. I know mine personally is not. The only way to find out is to call them.

for a midnight release, you'd have to have it preordered. if you have it preordered, you'd want to have the reserve at their most popular store in your immediate area. I haven't heard of any stores doing a midnight for this game, but I know most have had the game since last WEDNESDAY, if you can believe that

[quote name='runpuddrun']Is it to late to pre-order @ GS to get the free DLC?[/QUOTE]
I'm interested in knowing this too. Since it's looking like I can't get it for less than retail, I may end up wanting to at least get the DLC for free....

@runpuddrun and Esoteria Call up your local Gamestops, Game Crazy's and whatever else you have down there and they might let you do it. just call though and see.

Just finished Heavy Rain.

Game was awesome, I recommend it anyone/everyone looking for a good game that won't take up too much of your time.

[quote name='Vinny']Got my shipping notice from Amazon... I'm giddy with excitement.[/QUOTE]
Same here. This is easily my most anticipated game of the YEAR.

Hope it does not dissapoint.

Gonna be difficult week for entertainment choices...Olympics or Heavy Rain...

[quote name='Esoteria']I'm interested in knowing this too. Since it's looking like I can't get it for less than retail, I may end up wanting to at least get the DLC for free....[/QUOTE]

People have pointed this out. Its not a pre-order per-say it comes with the inital shipment of the game. Like Dragon Age and the blood Armor.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Same here. This is easily my most anticipated game of the YEAR.

Hope it does not dissapoint.

Gonna be difficult week for entertainment choices...Olympics or Heavy Rain...[/QUOTE]

Pfft easy choice. The olympics come every 4 years, Heavy Rain is a once in a lifetime event.

This wound up in my Amazon goldbox yesterday and I ordered. I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy to a point....and that point was the lame introduction of matrix-esque fight sequences. This looks a little more...well...not Indigo Prophecy. The stupid parts anyway.

I hate xbots but have to laugh when they preorder games like Dantes Inferno saying they hate exclusives lol.

[quote name='J7.']Avoid N4G.com comment sections because Xbots are posting game destroying spoilers for Heavy Rain.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it started out on gamefaqs/gamespot and some joker decided to go around to youtube and post the spoilers in the comment section of Heavy Rain related videos. Ruined the game for me now. So pretty much avoid anything related to Heavy Rain if you don't want the game ruined for you.

Fanboyism taken way too far. Such a shame, of all games to do that to, something that is actually trying to push the whole industry forward with innovation.

[quote name='Thongsy']Eh, it started out on gamefaqs/gamespot and some joker decided to go around to youtube and post the spoilers in the comment section of Heavy Rain related videos. Ruined the game for me now. So pretty much avoid anything related to Heavy Rain if you don't want the game ruined for you.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks. I'm pretty much avoiding all those websites regarding Heavy Rain, and only reading CAG because I know the community here is a lot more respectable. Actually I might have to try to avoid spoilers for at least 2 months, as my Goozex queue for HR is 123 :(

bread's done
Back