Heavy Rain Discussion Thread

so how long will it take to get a game at number 123 in the goozex queue? Seems like goozex is for people that don't really care about playing games anywhere near release.

[quote name='Shoki']so how long will it take to get a game at number 123 in the goozex queue? Seems like goozex is for people that don't really care about playing games anywhere near release.[/QUOTE]

It depends, I would guess two months or more. When queuing up for new releases patience is definitely required. I personally don't mind my position as I have a backlog of games to play while I wait.

Been avoiding this thread until I can get a good chunk of this game done. Comes in tomorrow via Amazon, hopefully it'll be worth the money (damn, placed this order in September last year, with ECA and Quick Picks pricing).

As someone that owns 3 times as many 360 games vs. PS3 games, it's just sad that fanboys take things this far. I'm sure PS3 only owners would love to play Mass Effect. You would like to think people are more mature, but they're obviously not.

Each system has great exclusives, but as costs rise, the only games you'll see stay single-platform will be first-party ones. There's no reason people should hate on good exclusive games on EITHER side.

I just want to say thanks to you guys for keeping this thread mostly clean of "fighting". Surprised it survived this long! Thanks to the mods too for keeping and eye out as I know they were. :)

So far so go on spoiler free here... But come tomorrow, I think it'll be fair for people to start asking questions and for help in the game.

Just remember to USE SPOILER TAGS. :)

Frisky I'll edit in your review to the OP when I can. It is spoiler free right? I scanned it and it looked like it was so far.

i am having a prblem with this game (demo) at one oit you're suppose to shake your sixaxis/dual shock 3 controller to take the inhaler. however when i attempt this the game does not register it. i can play flow, ragdoll kung fu just fine though. also playing disc based games with motion controls is fine as well. (lbp, gta, killzone 2)

I have already told myself not to come back to this thread until i finish heavy rain but i had to . Well i didnt have to but i wanted to see if anyone knew when the preorder dlc was going to be released . I need more gameplay 3nd playthrough here i come :d

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']i wanted to see if anyone knew when the preorder dlc was going to be released . I need more gameplay 3nd playthrough here i come :d[/QUOTE]
"Due to additional testing and development the Heavy Rain DLC has been delayed by one week in North America. It will be available for download on March 4, 2010," a spokesperson told IGN this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FierceDeityLink1']"Due to additional testing and development the Heavy Rain DLC has been delayed by one week in North America. It will be available for download on March 4, 2010," a spokesperson told IGN this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's from a few days ago. It sucks, but it's not being pushed back that far.

Anyways, two more hours before my GS opens. It's like Christmas morning.

I wont be able to get my copy until after work. My girlfriend and I are really looking forward to firing this one up :)

Just received my copy from Amazon and I played the first chapter. First chapter is kind of slow due to it being a tutorial. Graphics are outstanding and the voice acting is alot better than I thought it would be. Some of the lines are a little cheesy.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I just want to say thanks to you guys for keeping this thread mostly clean of "fighting". Surprised it survived this long! Thanks to the mods too for keeping and eye out as I know they were. :)

So far so go on spoiler free here... But come tomorrow, I think it'll be fair for people to start asking questions and for help in the game.

Just remember to USE SPOILER TAGS. :)

Frisky I'll edit in your review to the OP when I can. It is spoiler free right? I scanned it and it looked like it was so far.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's fine.

Been playing for about an hour and a half and have encountered two glitches so far.

When you're in the mall and find the kid you think is Jason, you kneel down to spin him around, only to find out it's not him. When I did that, the kid just did multiple 360's really fast.

Just now I was walking around the police station and I went into the conference room. In the middle of the room was a floating pad of paper and a pen.

No real major glitches or anything like that. Nothing that'd take you out of the story. I just found them funny.

[quote name='MSUHitman']As someone that owns 3 times as many 360 games vs. PS3 games, it's just sad that fanboys take things this far. I'm sure PS3 only owners would love to play Mass Effect. You would like to think people are more mature, but they're obviously not.

Each system has great exclusives, but as costs rise, the only games you'll see stay single-platform will be first-party ones. There's no reason people should hate on good exclusive games on EITHER side.[/QUOTE]

Amen, I own all 3 consoles and they each have their respective strengths and weaknesses, I support all of them.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']When you pick the game up, do you still get the DLC code (even if it can't be redeemed yet)?[/QUOTE]

When I got mine, the guy at GS gave me a card with a scratch of on it. So, as far as GS goes, yes. I'm not sure about other stores though.

[quote name='SEH']When I got mine, the guy at GS gave me a card with a scratch of on it. So, as far as GS goes, yes. I'm not sure about other stores though.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine off of Amazon and didn't receive any kind of card with a number on it..

Am I missing something?

-Ryan

[quote name='RyanJW']I ordered mine off of Amazon and didn't receive any kind of card with a number on it..

Am I missing something?

-Ryan[/QUOTE]

think they are e-mailed to you.

[quote name='shadowkast']4gig install and a version update!?!?!?! Guess I'll do some laumdry in the meantime:([/QUOTE]

Damn, thanks for heads up. Saving some podcasts for the little wait.

[quote name='shadowkast']4gig install and a version update!?!?!?! Guess I'll do some laumdry in the meantime:([/QUOTE]

The game comes with a nice laminated piece of paper, which is used during the install as they teach you how to fold the origami swan. Pretty cool little thing they threw in there.

WTF, UPS just dropped off my copy, they never deliver to my area until 2pm at the earliest.

Updating and installing right now.

[quote name='SEH']The game comes with a nice laminated piece of paper, which is used during the install as they teach you how to fold the origami swan. Pretty cool little thing they threw in there.[/QUOTE]

Same, I just cut a square piece of plain white paper to fold.

I just came upon my first glitch and it's the same one from the demo.

When leaving the crime scene with the FBI guy the game frooze.

[quote name='menikmati']WTF, UPS just dropped off my copy, they never deliver to my area until 2pm at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

Think the commit time is either 12 or 1 for early NDA's.

[quote name='NamPaehc']think they are e-mailed to you.[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right. I didn't get anything either. Ordered from Amazon.

The origami swan tutorial was a nice touch...by the time i was done with it, the game was installed. Completely painless. More games need to do stuff like this.

[quote name='Scorch']Few hours in. Will be a crime if this doesn't win GOTY. The five year wait was worth it. Thank you, Quantic Dream![/QUOTE]
I don't think any game has a short at beating Mass Effect 2 this year. Not that I think ME2 is better, just that it is more accesible and mainstream, not to mentions equally good in it's own right.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I don't think any game has a short at beating Mass Effect 2 this year. Not that I think ME2 is better, just that it is more accesible and mainstream, not to mentions equally good in it's own right.[/QUOTE]

You might want to change short to shot. Heavy Rain has a decent shot because it's a great game that took alot of risks. It could have easily failed, turned off people and stunk. Mass Effect 2 is a great game and improved 100 fold on Mass Effect 1. The main risk that ME 2 took was getting rid of some of the RPG elements and making the gameplay even more action oriented like Gears of War.

skipping class today was worth it lol. imo serious contender for goty. funny thing about today is that its been raining all day. 6 ''in to be exact :cool:

Hm,

At the part where you have to find the teddy bear, I went downstairs and found it weird that the TV was off yet the sounds were still on? Creepy glitch?

THIS IS WHAT EVERY NEW COPY OF HEAVY RAIN COMES WITH , THIS IS COMPLETED WHILE DOING THE INSTALLING OF THE GAME . I KNOW IT WAS POSTED ALREADY BUT THIS IS JUST FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE .

4383335408_a5951b1a40_m.jpg

4383334870_0172f37c1c_m.jpg

4382575203_b3682f6b0d_m.jpg

Is that sitting atop a original Nintendo? If so, awesome!

Awesome game so far, although I could not access any of the QTE's after I finished the work stuff... went outside and layed down, but couldn't play with the kids, walked around for about 30 min and was like, WTF!

Started a new game and all is well, TV sound on in the apt was creepy also...

[quote name='runpuddrun']Is that sitting atop a original Nintendo? If so, awesome!

Awesome game so far, although I could not access any of the QTE's after I finished the work stuff... went outside and layed down, but couldn't play with the kids, walked around for about 30 min and was like, WTF!

Started a new game and all is well, TV sound on in the apt was creepy also...[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is on my NES , I no SWEET !!

OK, I'm going to post my personal theory on who the killer is because it just hit me as I was unwrapping the game. I'm going to be seriously pissed if I figured this out before even playing the game and I want to note that's there's no way I'd want to spoil this for myself so I've avoided anywhere that has spoilers like the plague. I'd also like to note that last sentence was a run-on lol.

DO NOT READ MY SPOILER IN CASE I'M RIGHT AND YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE GAME.

The killer is YOU, as in the player.

Your actions influence whether they die or not so it's the only possible outcome I can fathom. The fact that you're watching them and not playing just one character fits the profile of a serial killer. When you install the game, they give YOU a piece of paper to fold into Origami and it comes off as just a time-waster and misdirection.

If I were to reflect on all of these things once the big reveal came at the end, that would be pretty mind-blowing IMO.

For once, I hope I'm wrong and to anyone who has finished the game, please just tell me I'm wrong if so. Lie to me if you have to lol. Now I have to go play this game and see if I was right. . .

[quote name='lo6ick']i am having a prblem with this game (demo) at one oit you're suppose to shake your sixaxis/dual shock 3 controller to take the inhaler. however when i attempt this the game does not register it. i can play flow, ragdoll kung fu just fine though. also playing disc based games with motion controls is fine as well. (lbp, gta, killzone 2)[/QUOTE]

I have found doing the shaking motions holding the controller in just one hand instead of two works better.

[quote name='Cheapass24']anyone else have a lot of rain today? I woke up, and it was a pretty heavy downpour, thought it was kind of funny.[/QUOTE]
Exactly the same thing here :lol: been raining all day. Perfect weather to stay indoors! Just picked up my copy off credit from GameStop. Installing now:applause:

That's odd. A few minutes after I got the call from Gamecrazy that my game was in, I started getting a ton of heavy rain. It's still raining outside too and the game is installed. How delicious. Just makes the game so much more interesting.

I didn't get to play much since I was working all day but I played a bit and even though the parts were slow, it's great how the characters adapt and react to what you do or don't do or fail to do. It's a lot better than I thought it would be.

Most of the reviews were right, the game does start very slowly but it's probably for the best as that allows the player to get used to the controls.

It's very slow going at first, but I found myself getting attached to the characters in a way I've not experienced in a game since probably the first time I played Shenmue. I had to put it away because I was getting depressed. :cry:

I played the first chapter and needed a break so made me some oatmeal and jumped on here, I was enjoying it despite being very slow paced and was afraid I would rush through it and this is something I want to take my time with.

I must say it is emotionally involving.

I wont give anything away but even something as simple as when your in the kitchen with your wife and after a little interaction I pushed the wrong button to kiss and I felt actually dissapointed I hit the wrong button. Not because I wanted to see if they would have sex or anything but because I wanted to see them be happy as weird as that sounds.

The control is a little weird but Im getting used to it quickly. My only complaint is some of the voice acting doesnt sound as natural as it could have, some of its a little stiff sounding.

From what Ive played so far though this is really becoming a great game to me, I really like how its not just another space marine killing aliens or some 11 year olds idea of what masculine is by a guy wearing half a car for armor and having no emotion but grim determination, no bullet time, no kiddy styled puzzles, no zombies or anything else that makes up the majority of games.

bread's done
Back