Heroes Season 1 DVD under $30 expedited delivery

varsitygamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This deal is a combination of a couple deals available right now. You must use paypal to get this price.

Visit the following link between 8/20 and 9/7 to get 10% off your B&N purchase:

http://www.bn.com/nscs

Add Heroes Season 1 to your cart for $41.98. The 10% discount will be visible as soon as you go to checkout, bringing it down to $37.78.

When you're going to check out, switch the payment type to "Paypal" and then apply the $10 off $40 coupon. D9U3D3W
NEW: As noted by goldeneye64, an alternative "Save $10" code is available, which also stacks with NSCS. W9M7L9B

This should knock the price down to $27.78 with FREE expedited shipping (< 3 days).

In my case, CT state sales tax applied, so my order total was $29.45. Still, a pretty rocking deal considering I got to use my leftover paypal balance on it and not feel so bad about the purchase! And cheap too!

I owe you a virtual beer varsitygamer. I :beer:

I had a $50 BN giftcard since Christmas so I picked up the HD-DVDs which came out to just under $70 for less than $20 out of pocket.

Much apprecitate the deal.

Can you use that Paypal code more than once? It looks like most of the Buena Vista releases like Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy are the same price. If you did multiple orders you could get them all for around the same price as Heroes.

[quote name='lawdood']Mine already showed up today, ordered on Sunday and shipped yesterday. Sweet deal![/QUOTE]

Wow, im jealous! i ordered Saturday and according to UPS i'll have it tomorrow...

still, can't complain for the price. here's hoping it actually comes tomorrow.

Sweet! I got it for $5.08 (I had an old $25 Gift Card lying around). :D

Too bad there's no Blu-ray version. I hope the low quality doesn't make my eyes bleed. :(

Just kidding.

Man, mine has been all over and it still has a little ways to go.

ALTAMONTE SPRINGS,
FL, US 08/29/2007 6:37 P.M. IN TRANSIT TO
JACKSONVILLE,
FL, US 08/29/2007 6:36 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/29/2007 11:12 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
DORAVILLE,
GA, US 08/29/2007 2:41 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/29/2007 12:22 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
NASHVILLE,
TN, US 08/28/2007 7:26 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/28/2007 6:20 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 08/28/2007 4:20 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/28/2007 1:03 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
MATHER,
CA, US 08/28/2007 5:58 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/28/2007 1:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SPARKS,
NV, US 08/27/2007 10:00 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/27/2007 8:42 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

Thanks UPS. 08/29/2007 4:21 A.M. AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY / THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE. Its traveling from NYC is it that hard to deliver in the same state borough. Hopefully by Friday we will see.

[quote name='goldeneye64']Thanks UPS. 08/29/2007 4:21 A.M. AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY / THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE. Its traveling from NYC is it that hard to deliver in the same state borough. Hopefully by Friday we will see.[/quote] LOL @ you.

bnfubar.png

:cry:

It's still on schedule for arrival of today(tracking details reports), so it's probably nothing.

[quote name='goldeneye64']Thanks UPS. 08/29/2007 4:21 A.M. AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY / THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE. Its traveling from NYC is it that hard to deliver in the same state borough. Hopefully by Friday we will see.[/quote]I got the same message, I don't think it means anything. Should be here in Cleveland tomorrow.

You need that code and a paypal account.

[quote name='JokerCard']So with this code W9M7L9B , there is no need for a paypal account right?
I could just use a credit card?[/quote]

There are 2 different codes though.....so they both need a paypal account for it to be activated?

EDIT: Ok, I think I figured this out. The first code requires you to pay with paypal. But when I entered the second code, it takes off the $10 and still allows me to pay with a credit card.

The 2nd code doesn't require paypal. The 1st one does make you select paypal as your option when u enter the code. I paid by paypal so not sure if u can select another option after but I think you need to use paypal.

WTF UPS! Now they're telling me they can't figure out how to deliver to my address. I get stuff delivered here all the time. Not that complicated. My package is stuck in limbo until they can figure out a way to get it to me. Great.

[quote name='Legolas813']WTF UPS! Now they're telling me they can't figure out how to deliver to my address. I get stuff delivered here all the time. Not that complicated. My package is stuck in limbo until they can figure out a way to get it to me. Great.[/quote]UPS seems to be having all kinds of trouble with this... even though as previously noted they caught the misrouting, or whatever it was, at 3am before it left New Jersey, it hadn't changed status until now it is rescheduled for a 9/4 delivery. Awesome!

Well I guess it's partly my fault because I put my mailing address instead of my physical address, but usually they will just leave stuff at my apartment complex office and it will be directed to my room. I put the mailing address because I didn't know it was going to be shipped through UPS, and besides, I really don't want it left next to my door, because it will surely get stolen. They didn't leave any notice or card or anything, though, I just found out about this delay online.

I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go from here. Maybe I'll try calling the 1-800 #.

EDIT: Well I called UPS and they said I have to either wait over a week for it to arrive or I can go pick it up tomorrow at a drop center located 30-45 minutes away. Great.

that happened to once, it was very strange tracking said they couldnt find my house, as I was on the phone with a CSR the guy was outside of my house with the package anyway.

Looks like all is well with my shipment after all. Still scheduled for a 9/4 delivery, but it showed up in the distribution center across town overnight, so should be delivered today.

received DVD today. my g/f will be happy. thx to OP for this thread. saved me almost $10 including tax @ the stores

My package was delivered to the nearby BN store and an employee is supposedly sending it to me. This is ridiculous (though not your fault, OP).

wow, sorry to hear some of you had shipping issues. i can't really vouch for the quality of BN's online store as this is only my second order from them. hope you get them soon!

as for the rest of you, i'm glad you all benefited from this deal, and doubly glad you seem to have received them without incident. always happy to hook some fellow CAGs up with a deal.

I opened the DVD set today and my disc #3 has a severe scratch across the bottom. How do I go about fixing this? Should I contact NBC or Barnes & Noble?

you should be able to go to a local B&N with your packing slip and swap it out right in the store.

might be worth calling them first to check and make sure they'll let you exchange it in store though... not that it should be a problem. if that fails, contact their online support, and as a last resort I'd say NBC.

Well I went to my local B&N and they exchanged it, no problem. The salesperson looked a little shocked at how little I paid for the set (they charge the full $59.99 instore), but anyway I'm happy because my new set is nicer than the first (the box of the other one got a little beat up by UPS).

Sweet deal, I'm in for one and got my co-workers to order in as well.

Question, as someone who doesn't know the show should I watch the lost pilot first or after I see the season?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']
Question, as someone who doesn't know the show should I watch the lost pilot first or after I see the season?[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely recommend watching it after you complete the season. I saw it first (at the San Diego Comic-Con where they premiered the show), and to be frank it kind of turned me off the show at first. They tried too hard to fit too much into it, and the pacing of the season is much much better than it was in the initial unaired pilot. That said, the unaired pilot is 100% worth watching (especially with Tim Kring's commentary) just to see all the stuff they wanted to include but couldn't.

As a Heroes virgin, I strongly recommend you just power through the whole season before gorging yourself on the tons of bonus features in the set... you'll thank me later.

Thanks VarsityGamer, I saw this thread a while back but decided to wait on if I REALLY wanted it.

For $30, I caved in and ordered it. I also think if I don't really want it, I can gift it to a friend or something!

[quote name='slidecage']RUMOR

20 or under black friday[/QUOTE]

I'll take 2 thank you.

So sure that I should not open my mint collector's edition? hmm....

Their site is all kinds of fucked up, I'm trying to get in on this before it expires and when I go to "Continue to PayPal" it says "Page Not Found." What the fuck?

Wow, I can't believe how many people are having problems. I've ordered a LOT from BN.com and I have NEVER had any issues, and everything always arrives extremely fast. My condolences. ON the other note... I got mine last friday, and this show is AMAZING.

bread's done
Back