Holiday Anime Sale @ Amazon.com (mainly FUNimation & Viz Media titles)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Cyber Monday Deals @ Amazon.com (tons of FUNimation titles added)

EDIT: updated links -> LINK / LINK | Offers expire on December 24th

Some of the deal highlights [updated]:

FUNimation
Viz Media
Other Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sway']http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Samurai-Champloo-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/17449/

Ironically I started rewatching on dvd this a few days ago and only have finished episode 4 so far. Can anyone who upgraded from the dvd set to blu ray comment if it was worth it? This and Basilisk are the two animes I've had an eye on upgrading but I'm still on the fence.[/QUOTE]

It's probably not worth the upgrade if you already own the DVDs. The series was produced in standard definition, so the existing Blu-ray set is already an upscale, and not native HD. The first version they released also suffered from too much DNR, making background textures fuzzy and less-detailed than its SD counterpart, though it's my understanding that they've fixed most of that with the latest pressing.

[quote name='DNukem170']Because in order to get a decent size HDTV, I would also have to get an entirely new shelving unit to hold it as well as finding a place to put all the stuff we have on there (Gundam models, Pokemon albums, mother's bell and vase collections, all the crap I made when I was a kid) which is hard because we have no storage space as it is.[/QUOTE]

your average 32 inch HDTV is about the size of your average SDTV ive seen or am i think of 26 inch HDTV? and they take up less space.

i'd say its worth it. plus you dont have to set up an HDTV they come with stands so no mounting on wall required.

you'd be amazed at the balance HDTVs have. my 50inch is set up where half of the stand the about 1/4 on each end is not even on the table and it is just fine. and before i move the entire front half of the stand was not on the table and it sat like that fine for a good year. so really these things can sit pretty good just about anywhere.

now why i was crazy enough to risk this in the first place is a whole other question lol

[quote name='kayne2000']your average 32 inch HDTV is about the size of your average SDTV ive seen or am i think of 26 inch HDTV? [/QUOTE]I have a 22" regular TV right now and I have less than an inch of room on the sides of the cabinet to fit anything else. In order to fit a decent size HDTV I would have to cut out the middle support and the top shelf is already dipping in the middle. Plus, I refuse to give Comcast any more of my money (I would also have to upgrade TiVo) so my regular connection would actually look worse than what I have now.

Thank you DNukem170, kayne2000, Squarehard, and Kirin Lemon for your opinions. I guess I waited too long to decide and Amazon made up my mind on the Samurai Champloo blu-ray set. If BF didn't just pass I would have jumped on it. I don't think this will be the last time we'll see it this low though.

[quote name='Sway']Thank you DNukem170, kayne2000, Squarehard, and Kirin Lemon for your opinions. I guess I waited too long to decide and Amazon made up my mind on the Samurai Champloo blu-ray set. If BF didn't just pass I would have jumped on it. I don't think this will be the last time we'll see it this low though.[/QUOTE]
It was $17.99 last year, so you missed out on overpaying. :p

I ended up picking up:

Amitage Movie collection
Origin spirits of the past bluray
Texhnolyze dvd

Not a big haul from this sale but rightstuf pretty much took up most of my budget this year, again.

The only reason I even spent money on this sale was because of the 5 off 25.

Other than that I passed on everything else since Rightstuf offered some of the same titles I wanted, but they don't charge me tax, so yeah....

[quote name='Squarehard']The only reason I even spent money on this sale was because of the 5 off 25.

Other than that I passed on everything else since Rightstuf offered some of the same titles I wanted, but they don't charge me tax, so yeah....[/QUOTE]

I used the 5 of 25 too. pretty much the only reason. RS managed to match just about everything good

[quote name='Sway'] In fact, there's a whole list of deals to look at that isn't anime.[/QUOTE]Yea, but who cares about them?

bread's done
Back